• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It would be interesting if Ash did catch an Ultra Beast, but it does seem unlikely. If Ash catches Crabrawler, do people think it will evolve?

I hope not. It's evolution is hideous
I'd much rather see that crab with Hau and Hala anyways

J D Sheppard

It'll be stupid if he didn't get a Water tpye.
Alola is Hawaii..... they're surrounded by water and there are plenty of Water types around. He can skip the Water type some other time, like when we get another region that barely adds Water types like Kalos but he doesn't get the water starter.
Wimpod would be a great Ash mon, and Maerenie would be great too assuming they don't give one to James(Hoping he gets one and/or Minior instead of having only Bewear for 3 years...... James needs to own TWO Pokemon again already. And evolve a Pokemon as well, he hasn't evolved a Pokemon since...... OS!). Aquaranid and Wishiwashi will obviously end up with Lana, Pyumuku no chance in hell, Bruxish..... ew I don't want ANY character to own that abomination, and Popplio..... lol, not happening.

Think is there were plenty of grass types they could of given Ash in kalos.
- chespin line
- skiddo line
- phantump line
- pumpkaboo line

And yet they didn't. And I applaude them for it. Lack of a grass type really shook up the standard ash team formula.

Now we have Alola. We know he has grass and most likely fire on his team so that leaves to more staples
- water type
- regional bird.

Now with rowlett he already has a flier so hopefully he won't get pikipek.

But as for water. he's already got plenty of water types at oaks lab. Let's see some more variety in his alola team. Let's see more rock, ice and steel on his team this time

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Think is there were plenty of grass types they could of given Ash in kalos.
- chespin line
- skiddo line
- phantump line
- pumpkaboo line

And yet they didn't. And I applaude them for it. Lack of a grass type really shook up the standard ash team formula.

Now we have Alola. We know he has grass and most likely fire on his team so that leaves to more staples
- water type
- regional bird.

Now with rowlett he already has a flier so hopefully he won't get pikipek.

But as for water. he's already got plenty of water types at oaks lab. Let's see some more variety in his alola team. Let's see more rock, ice and steel on his team this time

All of those Grass types were already owned. Except Phantump
Skiddo line was owned by a minor character, but still he already shared 1/3 of a Pokemon line with her, no need to make it 2/3's. Most of the Water types are even double typed.....

phantasystar69

This whole thing that a pokemon doesn't "suit" Ash is just people's way of saying they don't like that pokemon and don't want it on his team.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This whole thing that a pokemon doesn't "suit" Ash is just people's way of saying they don't like that pokemon and don't want it on his team.

Not really a truth. Part of it is: example I dislike Ribombee.. but I like Oranguru, but I don't see him in Ash's team. He looks more to be Gladion's Pokemon.I can see Ash with other monkey-type: Passimian.

J D Sheppard

Skiddo line was owned by a minor character, but still he already shared 1/3 of a Pokemon line with her, no need to make it 2/3's. Most of the Water types are even double typed.....

Way to miss out the point. The point was despite there being lots of grass types the writers obviously didn't want ash to have one.

Abzu

Also here I have a question, do you guys think it will be like the adventures of Ash in Unova... I mean Ash will catch various Pokemon instead of just enough to fill his team?

If that does happens his chances increase of having a bigger team.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Also here I have a question, do you guys think it will be like the adventures of Ash in Unova... I mean Ash will catch various Pokemon instead of just enough to fill his team?

i dont think so, since alola is as small as xy and BW had a lot of pokemon.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So? Someone owning a Pokemon doesn't't stop Ash from getting one. Trip owning Snivy didn't stop Ash from getting his own. Paul having Torterra didn't prevent Ash's Turtwig evolving all the way. Alexa owned a Noivern years before Ash had one. And there are loads of other examples.

Granted I understand the argument for Chespin and Pumpkaboo as they were owned by two main characters, but there's no reason he couldn't get Skiddo just because Ramos had a Gogoat. Heck, even that Phantump episode could have potentially set up a capture with the whole "you can see the world and make new friends" stuff going on. But they didn't give him Phantump.

Probably true sometimes, but not always. Example: you can tell by my signature that I love Primarina. It's probably my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon. But I don't think it's a Pokemon that suits Ash because of its feminine design and the fact that it doesn't seem very mobile on land.

nickdt

So? Someone owning a Pokemon doesn't't stop Ash from getting one. Trip owning Snivy didn't stop Ash from getting his own. Paul having Torterra didn't prevent Ash's Turtwig evolving all the way. Alexa owned a Noivern years before Ash had one. And there are loads of other examples.

Granted I understand the argument for Chespin and Pumpkaboo as they were owned by two main characters, but there's no reason he couldn't get Skiddo just because Ramos had a Gogoat. Heck, even that Phantump episode could have potentially set up a capture with the whole "you can see the world and make new friends" stuff going on. But they didn't give him Phantump.

Well, to counter the argument Ash and Trip both got Snivy. That in theory, might be true. But... when Ash owned Snivy, Trip had Servine. Bianca had Tepig, but it was evolved into Pignite when Ash had Tepig and again it evolved into Emboar when Ash had Pignite.

Same with Paul... Both he and Ash owned Torterra. Again true... but when Ash had his Torterra, we didn't saw Pauls anymore (Despite being his starter and main Pokemon). Alexa didn't appear anymore in XY when Noibat came into play.

Thus all the arguments you make are kinda pointless imo, since you can say: Misty owns Politoed, this didn't stop Tierno to get own. Ash owns Charizard and Unfezant, didn't stop Trevor and Alain. Sawyer got Sceptile, despite Ash having one.

Thus the conclusion is: If a Pokemon is owned by a MAIN character, the rival who owns the Pokemon (Paul), will not showcase said Pokemon anymore. Tierno could have Politoed, because Misty didn't appear. Same goes for Alain, Sawyer and Trevor. They could have said mons, cuz Ash weren't supposed to show up and thus they could showcase the Pokemon... while Ash only showcased the Kalos mons. Same case with Noivern. When they decided Alexa wasn't needed (Or her Pokemon weren't needed to appear on-screen), they gave Ash a Noivern to showcase the line, since Clemont already owned Heliolisk. Thus... we can say with a certainty Ash will not own a Pokemon a Travelling Companion has. But... that doesn't mean we can already rule out Popplio (Example), since at this point we don't know if Lana is a travelling companion or just a recurring.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Well, to counter the argument Ash and Trip both got Snivy. That in theory, might be true. But... when Ash owned Snivy, Trip had Servine. Bianca had Tepig, but it was evolved into Pignite when Ash had Tepig and again it evolved into Emboar when Ash had Pignite.

Same with Paul... Both he and Ash owned Torterra. Again true... but when Ash had his Torterra, we didn't saw Pauls anymore (Despite being his starter and main Pokemon). Alexa didn't appear anymore in XY when Noibat came into play.

Thus all the arguments you make are kinda pointless imo, since you can say: Misty owns Politoed, this didn't stop Tierno to get own. Ash owns Charizard and Unfezant, didn't stop Trevor and Alain. Sawyer got Sceptile, despite Ash having one.

Thus the conclusion is: If a Pokemon is owned by a MAIN character, the rival who owns the Pokemon (Paul), will not showcase said Pokemon anymore. Tierno could have Politoed, because Misty didn't appear. Same goes for Alain, Sawyer and Trevor. They could have said mons, cuz Ash weren't supposed to show up and thus they could showcase the Pokemon... while Ash only showcased the Kalos mons. Same case with Noivern. When they decided Alexa wasn't needed (Or her Pokemon weren't needed to appear on-screen), they gave Ash a Noivern to showcase the line, since Clemont already owned Heliolisk. Thus... we can say with a certainty Ash will not own a Pokemon a Travelling Companion has. But... that doesn't mean we can already rule out Popplio (Example), since at this point we don't know if Lana is a travelling companion or just a recurring.

Even if Ash getting a Popplio can't be ruled out you have to admit the chances of Ash even getting a Popplio aren't that great even if Lana were to leave the main cast.

nickdt

Even if Ash getting a Popplio can't be ruled out you have to admit the chances of Ash even getting a Popplio aren't that great even if Lana were to leave the main cast.

Just like Ash having Torterra due to Paul. Anything can happen (Its Pokemon after all).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Probably not because there are around the same number of new Pokemon as XY, whereas BW had a massive amount of new Pokemon. I expect it to be like XY where he just gets five more Pokemon.

It doesn't matter what happens to them in the future. The whole point of what I said is that the argument that Ash can't get certain Pokemon at all because someone else owns said Pokemon is simply not applicable. History has shown that the writers are willing to let Ash share a Pokemon with another character, even if that means the other character's Pokemon has to get shafted (which I do agree with).

I even acknowledge that in XY they probably couldn't make Chespin or Pumpkaboo work for Ash because Clemont and Jessie owned them and were showcasing them. However, why should Ramos owning a Gogoat prevent Ash from getting a Skiddo, especially since Ramos isn't seen again until the Team Flare arc?

The writers had a choice for Grass types. They could have given him Skiddo or Phantump. But they chose not to. And the same thing can happen to the Water type this generation, especially since none of the new Water types really suit Ash.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
They gave Ash 3 Flying types in X & Y. Anything is possible.

If Ash does get a Water type, there arent many options. I think Dewpider would be the best bet.

Popplio is with Lana for the moment. I assume Guzma will have Golisopod if he shows up. Wishiwashi and Bruxish cant move on dry land. While Mareanie feels like it belongs to James to me.

Maybe he could get Pyukumuku if Rowlet evolves. Just to be the silly pokemon of the group.

Domok

I really don't see why Guzma having Golisopod would matter. First off,you have to make some assumptions like if Guzma will even have one if he shows up. It's the same deal as with Gym leaders,Rivals,or other recurring charachters. When Guzma appears,it's probably going to be once in a blue moon,he's not going to be there often. Even if Guzma had a Golisopod,there's really no reason it couldn't be the same as the other roles I mentioned.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
For me, what makes a Pokemon "suit" Ash is some combination of marketability, maneuverability (note: don't confuse this with speed, as that doesn't matter for Ash as much as people think it does), and what kinds of moves a Pokemon learns. The problem is that none of the Water types this generation really fit all three criteria.

Popplio line is marketable and learns a good amount of moves but they don't seem like they'd be very mobile outside of water.

Wishiwashi and Bruxish are too aquatic and probably incapable of fighting outside of water.

Mareanie and Dewpider aren't very marketable although I doubt movepool would be a problem for either.

Despite Wimpod not being very marketable either (imo), that's why I think Golisopod is probably the best fit for Ash as far as Water types go. It's proven to be one of the most popular Gen 7 Pokemon as far as I can tell, it has a good movepool, and it's easily capable of moving around outside of water. However, if we go by what nickdt said earlier, Ash getting Golisopod would probably mean Guzma will either not have one or his will get shafted in favor of Ash's. Given that Golisopod is his favorite Pokemon in the games, I highly doubt the writers would do that.
But who knows? It wouldn't be the first time someone's team changed from games to anime, and it wouldn't be the last.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I really don't see why Guzma having Golisopod would matter. First off,you have to make some assumptions like if Guzma will even have one if he shows up. It's the same deal as with Gym leaders,Rivals,or other recurring charachters. When Guzma appears,it's probably going to be once in a blue moon,he's not going to be there often. Even if Guzma had a Golisopod,there's really no reason it couldn't be the same as the other roles I mentioned.

only since team leaders pokemon don't seem to be used in the main cast... no persians, no camerupts or sharpedos, no hydreigon, and no red gyardos/pyroar. Those pokemon seem to be off limits or something, but they definitely change. I mean trip or whoever had a honchkrow when im pretty sure Cyrus' had a honchkrow as one of his aces. I personally think the chances are slim but they could totally throw that out of of the window. With the way they really make you know that Guzma's fav pokemon is Gosilipod, that's why I think they wouldn't give it to someone else.

Domok

only since team leaders pokemon don't seem to be used in the main cast... no persians, no camerupts or sharpedos, no hydreigon, and no red gyardos/pyroar. Those pokemon seem to be off limits or something, but they definitely change. I mean trip or whoever had a honchkrow when im pretty sure Cyrus' had a honchkrow as one of his aces. I personally think the chances are slim but they could totally throw that out of of the window. With the way they really make you know that Guzma's fav pokemon is Gosilipod, that's why I think they wouldn't give it to someone else.
To me,saying those Pokemon are off limits just because nobody has caught one is another case of a "pattern". It's like when people said "Ash can't get a Dark type because they're too evil!" or "Ash won't get a Dragon type because they're too powerful".

Illusio

No words, only rage
Two things:
1) Persian is not Giovanni's main in the games, that's either Nidoking/queen or Rhydon.
2) Only Lysandre ever uses his main in the anime, so repeats between the characters was never the issue.

Abzu

In my case I would like for Ash to Cutiefly (Since he had a Leavanny in Unova) since it would be interesting to see such a Pokemon with Ash... if not it does fit Lillie very well.
But I do not want for him to catch a Crawbrawler as Corpish is already enough and its evolution is too ugly...

For James I think a Mareanie would be ideal since it seems a good Pokemon for him and specially if like older Pokemon decides to hug him...

Status
Not open for further replies.