• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Nothings changed but the fact that Ash is battling Hala soon could change things. If he wins, that may very well mean he'll be leaving Melemele soon and won't have an opportunity to get Rockruff. Especially assuming he gets Litten.

I know Ash could get two captures within a few episodes, but still...

I imagine the school will act as home base for Ash. Spend some episodes on one island, and then return to the school before heading out again. So I think there are plenty of opportunities for him to get Rockruff.

ShadowForce720

I imagine the school will act as home base for Ash. Spend some episodes on one island, and then return to the school before heading out again. So I think there are plenty of opportunities for him to get Rockruff.

The problem with this is that means he will only have a limited time on the Islands as he will need to make sure that he can get back to school in time, which will be a problem if he gets lost or is to far into the island, so really this whole idea of him still having to go to school over the course of the entire series is more problematic then it looks as he won't have as much time on the Islands as he would want, so I really don't think the whole school thing is going to last the entire series.

Navin

MALDREAD
The problem with this is that means he will only have a limited time on the Islands as he will need to make sure that he can get back to school in time, which will be a problem if he gets lost or is to far into the island, so really this whole idea of him still having to go to school over the course of the entire series is more problematic then it looks as he won't have as much time on the Islands as he would want, so I really don't think the whole school thing is going to last the entire series.

Yeah, I don't think the concept of "school" here is as strict as the ones in real life. I'm sure if Ash has to spend a few days doing a Trial before returning, that wouldn't be a problem.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
He doesn't need to stay away from anything, but I do feel Crabrawler is such a typical Ash Pokemon and one that I feel would be too similar to Corphish in both personality and battle style that I'd rather he avoid it.

That said, if he does get Crabrawler, I'll tolerate it IF it doesn't evolve into Crabominable. That thing is completely hideous IMO.

pokefandt

Is Ash getting a Grubbin and eventually evolving it into a Vikavolt too out there? Because part of me really wants to see that. I know the fact that its an Electric Type puts in opposition to Pikachu, but the fact they are two very different pokemon and would likely fight very differently makes me think it has at least a slight chance.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Is Ash getting a Grubbin and eventually evolving it into a Vikavolt too out there? Because part of me really wants to see that. I know the fact that its an Electric Type puts in opposition to Pikachu, but the fact they are two very different pokemon and would likely fight very differently makes me think it has at least a slight chance.

It's still not known for certain. But it could happen.

pokefandt

Wasn't saying it as a certainty, to be sure. I'm personally not crossing my fingers but hey I never thought Ash would have two Dragon Types on the same team so what do I know.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Who here thinks it'd be neat if, to tie into the storyline, Ash ends up getting a Type: Null

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think I will go out of my comfort zone and make an Ash speculation without the Popplio and Pikipek lines. The sacrifices I make. :( Of course this is all in the assumption that Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles will remain main characters.

I think i'll go with the Sinnoh 2.0 from the template menu. Considering XY was basically Hoenn 2.0

Ash

Decidueye | Torterra
Incineroar | Infernape
Dewpider | Buizel
Lycanroc | Gliscor
Jangmo-o | Gible

The only odd ones would be Staraptor and A. Sandslash. I compared Lycanroc to Gliscor in the way that Rockruff could be very affectionate towards Ash and even in its evolved state it retains the same personalty. Dewpider and Buizel, since they'd be unevolved Water-types.

Lillie

Mallow
||

Lana
||

Kiawe
||

Sophocles
||

Red and Blue

Even with Factoring Gladion it could still be a possible option for Ash since a totally of three Type: Nulls were created.

Total of three Nulls in the games. for all we know there could be just one in the anime.

And even if there was more than one, if Gladion is to be Ash's main rival I can't see the writers giving them both one

Last edited:

MattySadler

I think Crabrawler looks much better than Corphish design-wise, so I'd be fine with Ash getting that. I'm not sold on Crabominable either way until I see it animated, but as long as it is a well written character I'm always up for anything.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Crabrawler could be really interesting... id love if they gave Ash a female :D (I named mine Spinellie lol) but since I think it'd be for a great addition to Ash's team! Besides I really like Crabonimable and he seems like someone who could have a personality greater than any previous crab :D

Status
Not open for further replies.