• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why though?

He has too many crabs. It evolves into the most hideous evolution, and people constantly compare that thing to Corphish.....

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
But corphish is based on lobster isn't it?
Crayfish, actually.

It's that he has enough Fighting types and two crustaceans in Kingler and Corpish already and people feel Crabrawler wouldn't bring anything new to the table. People just want to see him with something different.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Who here thinks it'd be neat if, to tie into the storyline, Ash ends up getting a Type: Null

Personally, I think it would be neat if Ash got a Type: Null. Not only would that make him more of a foil for Gladion, but it would also be interesting to see how Ash treats his Type: Null vs. how Gladion treats his, especially if both of them have the same goal of trying to free Type: Null of its helmet. As pointed out, there are three Type: Null, since it's not inconceivable for Ash to get one.

However, as much as I think Ash getting a Type: Null has so much potential to be interesting, at the same time, I have a feeling Ash won't get Type: Null - not necessarily because Gladion has one, but because Ash and Lillie (if Lillie travels with him) might be occupied with helping Cosmog, and I don't think the writers will give Ash both Cosmog and Type: Null.

phanpycross

God-king
Well, Ash already has bugs, monkeys, dragons, crocodiles , and birds.

Guess we should look forward to the bruxish and Dhelmise captures.

MattySadler

I don't think Ash will get the Ground-type Horse.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Ah.

Well I'm not convinced about littens capture.

And I don't want it to happen either
Litten has literally interacted with none of the other main characters aside from Ash, and the writers clearly began developing a relationship between the two in SM7. Either Ash is catching it eventually or it'll be a Jigglypuff type of situation.

Why don't you want it to happen? Don't like Incineroar or something?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ah.

Well I'm not convinced about littens capture.

And I don't want it to happen either

He's obviously getting Litten. There is no way he is not getting him

Speculation time:

Gonna make two very bold speculations here.
1. Ash gets Popplio. Not just any Popplio but Lana's. Why? First of all let me tell you guys I am no Popplio fanatic. All the other water type mons this gen don't sit well with Ash. The closest will be Golisopod but that's about it. They can give me him Toxapex and do Torterra 2.0 but I would rather they don't. Do that with Incineroar if you want. Now I know some of you will say, Ash doesn't need to catch a water type since last gen he didn't get a grass type. My reply, look where he is. It would be like Ash going through OI without water types. Problem is Popplio is Lana's main pokemon. Do people trade their main pokemon? It can work but let's wait and see.

2. The egg that Oak gave to Ash is a Cubone egg. Klawe will get this Cubone and evolve it into Alolan Marowak. Maybe you guys have already speculated about it but who has time to go through 114 pages.

One more thing. I think just like DP Ash will have two fully evolved starter. Remember in DP Chimchar appeared before Turtwig? The same happened here which makes me wonder if those two will share the spotlight in the future.

Okay last thing, Ash will get a Alolan form. What Pokemon? Not sure at this point. Ash would catch it, Oak will ask him to transfer it to him because he wants to study the regional differences. Can totally see that happening smh.

phanpycross

God-king
Speculation time:

1. Ash gets Popplio. Not just any Popplio but Lana's. Why? First of all let me tell you guys I am no Popplio fanatic. All the other water type mons this gen don't sit well with Ash. The closest will be Golisopod but that's about it. They can give me him Toxapex and do Torterra 2.0 but I would rather they don't. Do that with Incineroar if you want. Now I know some of you will say, Ash doesn't need to catch a water type since last gen he didn't get a grass type. My reply, look where he is. It would be like Ash going through OI without water types. Problem is Popplio is Lana's main pokemon. Do people trade their main pokemon? It can work but let's wait and see.

2. The egg that Oak gave to Ash is a Cubone egg. Klawe will get this Cubone and evolve it into Alolan Marowak. Maybe you guys have already speculated about it but who has time to go through 114 pages.

One more thing. I think just like DP Ash will have two fully evolved starter. Remember in DP Chimchar appeared before Turtwig? The same happened here which makes me wonder if those two will share the spotlight in the future.

Okay last thing, Ash will get a Alolan form. What Pokemon? Not sure at this point. Ash would catch it, Oak will ask him to transfer it to him because he wants to study the regional differences. Can totally see that happening smh.

Dunno about Lana's, but if Lana isnt coming along with Ash for his Island Challenge, I could see him getting one for himself.

MattySadler

Speculation time:

I had similar thoughts about Lana's Popplio, largely for similar reasons to you. I've seen a lot of people suggest Dewpider as a potential Ash Pokemon, but it really doesn't scream "Ash" to me to be honest.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, people speculate Popplio for Ash because all three starters are always owned by someone in the main traveling group eventually. If Lana's not part of the group, then nobody has Popplio.

Personally, I don't think Lana is going to give Ash her Popplio because she shares a close enough bond with it that I don't see her just giving it up without a very good reason. I just take it as an indication that Lana isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.