• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J D Sheppard

Litten has literally interacted with none of the other main characters aside from Ash, and the writers clearly began developing a relationship between the two in SM7. Either Ash is catching it eventually or it'll be a Jigglypuff type of situation.

Why don't you want it to happen? Don't like Incineroar or something?

Actually its my favourite of the alola starters.

But ash already has rowlett and the writers have proved time and time again that they can't handle multiple starters on Ashs team

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Personally, I don't think Lana is going to give Ash her Popplio because she shares a close enough bond with it that I don't see her just giving it up without a very good reason. I just take it as an indication that Lana isn't going anywhere.

I'm with you; I highly doubt Lana is going to give Ash her Popplio. The two of them are too close, and unlike with Professor Kukui's Rockruff, Ash hasn't been shown bonding with Popplio in any way. In fact, he's barely been shown interacting with the sea lion at all. If Ash gets a Popplio, then it will be because he caught his own.

Actually its my favourite of the alola starters.

But ash already has rowlett and the writers have proved time and time again that they can't handle multiple starters on Ashs team

Er... Kanto and Johto would like to say hello.

J D Sheppard

I'm with you; I highly doubt Lana is going to give Ash her Popplio. The two of them are too close, and unlike with Professor Kukui's Rockruff, Ash hasn't been shown bonding with Popplio in any way. In fact, he's barely been shown interacting with the sea lion at all. If Ash gets a Popplio, then it will be because he caught his own.

Er... Kanto and Johto would like to say hello.

It was different back then. Ash walked around with only 5 pokemon for most of the time. And even then look at how much bulbasaur and squirtle developed compared to charizard.

Or compare totodile with bayleaf and cyndaquil

snorlax512

It was different back then. Ash walked around with only 5 pokemon for most of the time. And even then look at how much bulbasaur and squirtle developed compared to charizard.

In the end there is a limited amount of total screen time, so some of Ash's crew will get less attention than others. Whether that pokemon is a starter or not really shouldn't make a difference.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Bulbasaur and Squirtle are still very competent battlers despite not being some of Ash's top tier Pokemon. Besides, at least they actually battled and respected Ash. Charizard was disobedient for much of OS and only really shined after "Charizard Chills."

I give you Totodile, but Bayleef and Cyndaquil were both good in Johto.
And I guarantee by the end of the series people will be complaining about how either it or rowlett was neglected in favor of the othee
Of course that's going to happen, unless they go the route of making Pikachu or another Pokemon Ash's ace. But as long as both of them are competent battlers, does it really matter that much if one gets more screentime and attention than the other?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

IMO, "back then" still counts, as the writers can always return to an old formula when it comes to the development of Ash's Pokémon. Ash had multiple starters on his team in both Kanto and Johto, and they were handled well.

As Golden_Latias said, Bulbasaur and Squirtle are both very competent battlers, even if they are not considered among Ash's top tier Pokémon. They got their time in the spotlight while Charizard was being disobedient. Totodile may not have gotten a lot of spotlight, but Chikorita/Bayleef and Cyndaquil certainly did.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Ash gets a Popplio, which I hope, then it should not be Lana's. He can get one on his own. He's already speculated to get Kukui's Rockruff, he doesn't need another gift Pokémon.

Just based on the last episode it seems like they want to make Ash, Lillie, and Mallow the central group so Lana's occasional Popplio will not suffice for marketing when the group begins traveling.

Red and Blue

What if Lillie catches Poppolio? Primarina would really fit her along with Alolan Vulpix

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Plus SM=DP 2.0. Ash gets the fire and grass type while the pokegirl has the water type, lol

Yeah but so far Popplio isn't annoying and is already established to be a walking Pokemon :)

MattySadler

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm not really convinced that Ash, Lillie, and Mallow is going to be the traveling group tbh. :/ I'm warming to the idea of the school being a home base he returns to every now and then personally.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm not really convinced that Ash, Lillie, and Mallow is going to be the traveling group tbh. :/ I'm warming to the idea of the school being a home base he returns to every now and then personally.

This. I'm pretty sure Ash will be in school the entire series and will use riding Pokemon to get to the different islands for the island challenges.

MattySadler

I think this is the best way to do it, and when Ash ventures away from the school he'd be part of a group containing Ash plus varying combinations of Lana, Kiawe, Lillie, Sophocles and Mallow.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
What if Lillie catches Poppolio? Primarina would really fit her along with Alolan Vulpix

You're right, Primarina would suit Lillie. I wouldn't mind seeing her get a Popplio, as long as she fully evolves it...and gets her hands on a Primarium-Z. I need to see Lillie command her Primarina to rain death by opera bubbles on her opponents. :p

Given Lillie's importance to the plot (and, as of right now, it appears the anime is going to adapt that plot), it kind of makes sense that she, at least, would be one of Ash's frequent, if not permanent, travel companions. Mallow is a likely travel companion candidate only because she has managed to worm her way into nearly every episode so far (I think the only episode where she has not appeared is SM06), and I have a feeling that's hinting at her eventual importance. However, I wouldn't mind if Ash has only one permanent travel companion this time around, and the position of "third wheel" rotates between his other classmates. It would keep the cast feeling fresh, and it would lessen the risk of one character being sidelined.

Red and Blue

If people are so deadset on Ash getting a water type and none of the Alolan ones aren't suitable, I think the most logical solution would be for Greninja to return once the Aether plotline starts

nickdt

If people are so deadset on Ash getting a water type and none of the Alolan ones aren't suitable, I think the most logical solution would be for Greninja to return once the Aether plotline starts

Which is impossible, since Greninja is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.