• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Just a thought I had but if they really wanted to have a rivalry between Litten and Rowlet maybe they could have Rowlet be the first one to evolve or even be the first one to fully evolve and on top of that what if all of Ash's other pokemon wind up fully evolving as well while Litten stay a Litten for a longer period as this could frustrate Litten as it would feel like it's falling behind being the only one not to have evolved at least once or master a Z-move and this eventually leads up to Litten finally fully evolving and mastering a Z-move.
I do think Rowlet is evolving first, actually. Moreso because Ash's birds tend to evolve before his starters, but it still plays into this rivalry.

I think earlier, I predicted Dartrix sometime between Trials 2 and 4 (but closer to 4) and Decidueye towards the end of Ula'Ula Island. Maybe even before the Ghost Trial at the earliest for a Ghost vs. Ghost fight. And I based those predictions around when Ash's birds normally evolve.

I don't know about Torracat, but I have my own prediction for Incineroar. But it's really just a guess with no bearing on anything. Something sentimental, you can say.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That's kind of what I imagine. It will be a blow to Litten's ego and/or pride that the birdbrained Rowlet has mastered a Z-move while it, who takes battles more seriously, has trouble mastering a Z-move. However, Litten refuses to accept Ash's help--either because it still doesn't completely trust humans or because it believes that accepting a human's help makes it a weakling. Eventually, Litten realizes that accepting help from and trusting a human doesn't make it weak, and that's when it and Ash will finally be able to take the first steps toward bonding with each other and mastering Z-moves.
I can imagine that sort of a rivalry developing between Rowlet and Litten. It will be obviously a big blow to Litten's pride that Rowlet can use Z-moves while Litten can't, especially given Litten's agressive nature.

I don't think Rowlet wouldn't give a crap. I just think it would be comically oblivious to this "rivalry" and try to be friendly toward Litten. Maybe even try to help it out. Which would just anger Litten, most likely, for the reasons Satomine Night stated.
Good point about Litten struggling to help save Stoutland from the Persian while Rowlet has no trouble saving its family and fending off Team Rocket though.
Yes, I think you are right there. Rowlet will probably be friendly towards Litten and try to help it out, and this will anger Litten more. This kind of situation would be quite interesting and funny to see.
Alo, I've said it before, but I have a feeling they're going to switch the Akala Island trials around since Ash currently had nothing that can use the Waterium-Z. Of course, it's possible Ash could catch something that can use it by then, but I have a feeling they're going to want to focus on the starters first.
Don't worry, Tapu Koko is there. It will replace Waterium-Z with a Z-crystal Ash can use lol. I strongly believe that Tapu Koko will follow Ash wherever he goes.
Personally? I'm predicting Rowlet and Litten to team up for a Sunny Day battle against Totem Lurantis next. And for Rowlet to get its first win against a Totem using Breakneck Blitz.
It would be really nice to see Rowlet and Litten battling together. Lol, I can already sense the trouble happening due to the absence of teamwork between Rowlet and Litten.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Hopefully,Litten will not overshadow Rowlet and give it the Torterra treatment later in the series.I also want to see how Litten will bond with Ash through the Z-moves and hope Rowlet will somehow manage to contribute to it.Personally,I would prefer Decidueye to be the ace in this region over Incineroar.I don't really want a 3rd fire-type powerhouse for Ash(it will eventually happen though) that's why I liked when Ash had only Greninja as a starter in XY(&Z) since he didn't have a fully-evolved water-type powerhouse starter before.But if the series manage to give both of them an equal treatment and make them both the aces in this series that would be the best for me.

Hopefully,Litten will not overshadow Rowlet and give it the Torterra treatment later in the series.I also want to see how Litten will bond with Ash through the Z-moves and hope Rowlet will somehow manage to contribute to it.Personally,I would prefer Decidueye to be the ace in this region over Incineroar.I don't really want a 3rd fire-type powerhouse for Ash(it will eventually happen though) that's why I liked when Ash had only Greninja as a starter in XY(&Z) since he didn't have a fully-evolved water-type powerhouse starter before.But if the series manage to give both of them an equal treatment and make them both the aces in this series that would be the best for me.

I fear that too. During DP it was Turtwig in the start, followed by Buizel and then everlasting Chimchar/Infernape. Hopefully this time they will manage to balance the screentime.

Also Nyabby is similar to Treecko in personality and I don't see it being really close to Ash like say Infernape. But that doesn't mean they can't share a deep bond.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think Incineroar is being set up to be the ace and will wind up outshining Decidueye somehow. Maybe it will have a big role in the Ultra Beast arc to push it over the edge or something. But if Decidueye winds up being a high Tier 2 or so, then I think it will be fine.

Janovy

Banned
Actually I DO know that for sure. I have done work and storyboards for animation teams as part of my job. That is a sketch used to practice character expression for Incineroar with some doodles around it, not an idea pitch but an artist PRACTICING drawing Incineroar.

There is a possibility they might decide to add such a scene at some point but this sketch itself isn't proof of that in the slightest. Its a sketch, not a plan or idea pitch for a scene since idea's ARE NOT pitched as a doodle inbetween practice artwork but as standalone images/storyboards. And even IF they decide to pitch this as an idea, it still needs to get approved first, so either way this doodle is nothing more then a doodle. People really need to stop pulling it out of proportion and pretending its more then it is.

The very fact that Ash is shown with the wrong Pokemon-trainer combo in that scene (not to mention a Incineroar playing WWF with someone and smashing a table on Pikachu) proves its just an artist goofing around BEFORE anything concrete was even planned in terms of who gets what among the classmates for S&M, since otherwise it wouldn't have something that basic incorrect. That would be like having a scene with Ash & Greninja and Brock with Chespin watching.

Ash hasn't even caught Litten yet and people think they are already sketching out Incineroar scenes BEFORE S&M EP01 even aired. Thats beyond grasping
It has Ash and Pikachu on his shoulder. It has Mallow. Ash and Mallow are together in a sketch.

I'm sorry, but that is proof enough for me to consider it something that it is meant to belong to the anime, not the game.

And are you aware that episodes of this particular anime are made 6 months in advance? And given how writers don't shy away from fast evolutions, why is it so hard for you to accept the possibility of Ash getting a Litten and Litten evolving fast after that? You are being too close-minded.

phantasystar69

I think Incineroar is being set up to be the ace and will wind up outshining Decidueye somehow. Maybe it will have a big role in the Ultra Beast arc to push it over the edge or something. But if Decidueye winds up being a high Tier 2 or so, then I think it will be fine.

How is it being set up as the ace when he doesn't even own it yet?

Janovy

Banned
Litten is depicted with a more serious personality and greater willingness to get stronger (training its move).

Rowlet isn't weak, but if one of them becomes a true powerhouse, it is going to be Litten, based on its personality alone.

And yes, Litten is pretty much confirmed for Ash (it's called common sense/merchandise/foreshadowing), so saying stuff like 'but he doesn't even own it yet' is a weak argument.

ShadowForce720

It has Ash and Pikachu on his shoulder. It has Mallow. Ash and Mallow are together in a sketch.

I'm sorry, but that is proof enough for me to consider it something that it is meant to belong to the anime, not the game.

And are you aware that episodes of this particular anime are made 6 months in advance? And given how writers don't shy away from fast evolutions, why is it so hard for you to accept the possibility of Ash getting a Litten and Litten evolving fast after that? You are being too close-minded.

It's not about being close-minded, it about that given from what we know it's likely that Litten wouldn't be fully evolved until 2018 in which case that would mean it's 2 years away from those leaks and I highly doubt that the writers write episode 2 years in advance. Sure Litten could evolve fast, but then again any pokemon could evolve quickly, however until we see otherwise chances are it won't be until 2018 and may I remind you that Chimchar who people were comparing Litten to didn't even evolve that fast. Plus with pokemon that aren't bug types there tends to be a big draw back to them evolving fast.

Like for instance Charizard being disobedient and Goodra having to stay at the swamp, so let's say Litten does evolve as fast as your saying, then there is going to be a major draw back to it in some form, where as if it doesn't evolve that fast then there won't be a big if any draw back to it.

So no matter how you look at it no those Chinese leaks aren't proof especially since things could have changed since they didn't know which final evolution would be popular at the time, and now they do. heck for all we know that could just be a different Incineroar maybe even a wild one that's just laying there and before you try to say that well Litten isn't there so that proves that Incineroar laying there belongs to Ash, no it doesn't because Litten's absence could be explained that Ash just hasn't caught it yet at that point, plus Popplio is in that image where it's trainer Lana is no where in sight even though the two are inseparable.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Talking about jumping onto conclusions. Please tell me which starter has evolved in 6 months. If you say Charizard, then I'd say Charizard was way back in Kanto, and the same thing never happened in Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos.

Last edited:

Akashin

It's not about being close-minded, it about that given from what we know it's likely that Litten wouldn't be fully evolved until 2018 in which case that would mean it's 2 years away from those leaks and I highly doubt that the writers write episode 2 years in advance. Sure Litten could evolve fast, but then again any pokemon could evolve quickly, however until we see otherwise chances are it won't be until 2018 and may I remind you that Chimchar who people were comparing Litten to didn't even evolve that fast. Plus with pokemon that aren't bug types there tends to be a big draw back to them evolving fast.

They don't even need to write two years in advance, necessarily. For all we know, they simply decided early that Mallow would be important (and hey, would you look at that) and that Ash would catch and fully evolve Litten. That sort of early planning is easily something that they could be doing two years in advance.

ShadowForce720

They don't even need to write two years in advance, necessarily. For all we know, they simply decided early that Mallow would be important (and hey, would you look at that) and that Ash would catch and fully evolve Litten. That sort of early planning is easily something that they could be doing two years in advance.

Except your forgetting that a lot can change in that time, and plus it could easily be a case in the Chinese leaks that they thought Incineroar would the most popular, but have since changed there plans since Decidueye really popular. Basically either way you look at it the Chinese leaks are way to early to be considered proof as to what will happen as it could easily change. For instance for all we know Rowlet could be evolve perhaps fully evolved by that time and that would put a big hit in the leaks since they are showing it as a Rowlet.

No matter how you look at this the Chinese leaks in this case can't be used as proof as to what will happen as they could easily have changed their mind on somethings by now.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I think Dephender said those are not anime concept arts. Those are video game concept arts. Ken Sugimori can draw Ash if he want to.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
While I personally believe that Ash will definitely catch Litten and most probably fully evolve it into Incineroar, I also do believe that those Chinese leaks aren't any sort of confirmations.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
While I personally believe that Ash will definitely catch Litten and most probably fully evolve it into Incineroar, I also do believe that those Chinese leaks aren't any sort of confirmations.

Yes. That leaked image is not proof that Litten will fully evolve, Ash will get Popplio, Rowlet and Popplio will remain unevolved, and that Mallow will travel with Ash as his only companion. It's not proof of anything.

MattySadler

Could somebody link me to these Chinese leaks please?

Janovy

Banned
Yes. That leaked image is not proof that Litten will fully evolve, Ash will get Popplio, Rowlet and Popplio will remain unevolved, and that Mallow will travel with Ash as his only companion. It's not proof of anything.
The leaked image is likely only a portion of a larger scene. Lack of Lana's presence doesn't mean Popplio is Ash's lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.