• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Alolan Persian is on Melemele Island and Ash will probably leave Melemele soon. So Torracat/Incineroar vs Alolan Persian is pretty much out of the question in my opinion. Besides Litten itself fended off the Alolan Persian with a charged up Ember, why should it need to evolve into Torracat to fight Alolan Persian? It would be an absoluly lopsided battle then.

Except I wasn't talking about the Alolan Persian that was in episode 7 I was talking about the Alolan Persian that Nanu the Ula Ula Island Kahuna potentially owns since Zorugabile said he wanted to see a Incineroar vs Alolan Persian battle where it fights Nanu's Alolan Persian which will most likely be a lost stronger then the Alolan Persian we saw in episode 7. So no Torracat/Incineroar vs Alolan Persian is not out of the question because Nanu could very likely have one especially considering it is his ace.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Except I wasn't talking about the Alolan Persian that was in episode 7 I was talking about the Alolan Persian that Nanu the Ula Ula Island Kahuna potentially owns since Zorugabile said he wanted to see a Incineroar vs Alolan Persian battle where it fights Nanu's Alolan Persian which will most likely be a lost stronger then the Alolan Persian we saw in episode 7. So no Torracat/Incineroar vs Alolan Persian is not out of the question because Nanu could very likely have one especially considering it is his ace.

I see. But well, Alolan Persian has been already been showcased, so maybe the anime can change Nanu's ace, like they did with Hala.

ShadowForce720

I see. But well, Alolan Persian has been already been showcased, so maybe the anime can change Nanu's ace, like they did with Hala.

Except even if they change Nanu's ace that doesn't mean that he won't have a Alolan Persian, I mean just look at Hala even though his ace in the anime wound up being Hariyama he still had a Crabrawler. Plus when has a pokemon debuting already really stop a gym leader or another important character from having a pokemon, so I highly doubt that just because we saw an Alolan Persian in episode 7 that somehow would prevent Nanu from having a Alolan Persian, plus if you look back at XY both forms of Meowstic got shown off before the 4th gym battle and that didn't stop Olympia from still having a Meowstic and in fact she had both forms of them.

So I really don't see how the Alolan Persian showing up in episode 7 would somehow stop Nanu from having an Alolan Persian.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Except even if they change Nanu's ace that doesn't mean that he won't have a Alolan Persian, I mean just look at Hala even though his ace in the anime wound up being Hariyama he still had a Crabrawler.

Yeah that's possible, but since Alolan Persian has already been showcased, maybe Nanu won't own an Alolan Persian.

Masterofpokemon95

I believe that Litten will fully evolve because as it seems like, the writers are setting up an character arc for Litten. Generally the writers set up this kind of a backstory and character development arc when they intend to develop the Pokemon to be the regional ace.

What arc? Just because it had some minor cameos and wasnt captured in its "official" debut doesnt mean its setup for a character arc...charmander was set from the beginning to be the ace in kanto & jhoto because of its popularity. Sceptile got heartbroken and which setup its evolution. Infernape was the cornerstone of ash and pauls rivalry so of course it was going to evolve. Just going to skip bw .. Greninja popularity and its ash form which led to s/m promo led to its evo.

Other than charmander chimchar and froakie none of them were exactly setup to recieve character arcs in order to evolve into his regional powerhouses

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Alolan Persian is on Melemele Island and Ash will probably leave Melemele soon. So Torracat/Incineroar vs Alolan Persian is pretty much out of the question in my opinion. Besides Litten itself fended off the Alolan Persian with a charged up Ember, why should it need to evolve into Torracat to fight Alolan Persian? It would be an absoluly lopsided battle then.
Because that Alolan Persian isn't owned by an Island Kahuna? I'm sure Nanu's would be far more powerful than the one shown in that episode. Also, just because Alolan Persian has debuted already doesn't mean it can't be Nanu's ace.

Adamant about Ash having Incineroar before Nanu? How's this for a suggestion: Ash loses to Nanu the first tome around, with Torracat losing to Alolan Persian. During the span of 5 episodes or so, Torracat evolves into Incineroar and maybe Ash gets the Z-Crystal for Malicious Moonsault. Then Ash challenges Nanu to a rematch, this time with Incineroar vs. Alolan Persian as the main event, and wins. Maybe with Malicious Moonsault.
I do expect Ash to lose to somebody, at least.

Red and Blue

I'm surprised people still think Grubbin is still a possibility. Openings have mislead in the past.

ShadowForce720

I'm surprised people still think Grubbin is still a possibility. Openings have mislead in the past.

Except the openings haven't been misleading when it came to team changes before, sure there is a first time for everything, however this would be the first time where an opening was misleading about a team change, however it's important to note that it's way too soon to mark Grubbin off as not happening considering right now the only pokemon that Ash has besides Rotom Dex and Pikachu is Rowlet, it would be one thing if Ash got a pokemon that hasn't been hinted at and still doesn't have a Grubbin however right now the only pokemon he has caught so far is Rowlet he hasn't even got Litten or Rockruff for that matter.

Right now he is still in the general area on Melemele Island so he could quite easily run into Grubbin again.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
If you want to have Litten be an Incineroar by the time it faces Alolan Persian then it's going to need to evolve into Torracat, because otherwise if they have it evolve into Torracat on Ula Ula Island then we might not get that Incineroar vs Alolan Persian and instead get a Torracat vs Alolan Persian instead.
I feel like the bidepal Torracat would be more suitable for Alolan Persian, final form would be overkill imo.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@ShadowForce720- Yes I think that's possible as well. I am just a bit doubtful about that because Alolan forms are a bit different from other standard Pokemon so maybe majority of the Alolan forms won't be showcased more than once. It could also be the other way, though.
What arc? Just because it had some minor cameos and wasnt captured in its "official" debut doesnt mean its setup for a character arc...charmander was set from the beginning to be the ace in kanto & jhoto because of its popularity. Sceptile got heartbroken and which setup its evolution. Infernape was the cornerstone of ash and pauls rivalry so of course it was going to evolve. Just going to skip bw .. Greninja popularity and its ash form which led to s/m promo led to its evo.
Sorry, but I can't understand what you're talking about. Charizard, Infernape, Greninja all had character development arcs. This is a implication that majority of the regional aces have character development arcs. Sceptile also had a character development arc later on. And you think a character development arc isn't being set up for Litten? Ash started to bond with Litten and Litten seems to hold a grudge against Ash. There is a disobedience issue of Litten and it is pretty much evident that a character development arc is being set up for Litten.
Other than charmander chimchar and froakie none of them were exactly setup to recieve character arcs in order to evolve into his regional powerhouses
These three are major examples and you can't ignore them.
Because that Alolan Persian isn't owned by an Island Kahuna? I'm sure Nanu's would be far more powerful than the one shown in that episode. Also, just because Alolan Persian has debuted already doesn't mean it can't be Nanu's ace.
Yes, definitely it's possible for Nanu to own a Alolan Persian.

Adamant about Ash having Incineroar before Nanu? How's this for a suggestion: Ash loses to Nanu the first tome around, with Torracat losing to Alolan Persian. During the span of 5 episodes or so, Torracat evolves into Incineroar and maybe Ash gets the Z-Crystal for Malicious Moonsault. Then Ash challenges Nanu to a rematch, this time with Incineroar vs. Alolan Persian as the main event, and wins. Maybe with Malicious Moonsault.
I do expect Ash to lose to somebody, at least.
Yeah that would be quite exciting and nice.

Last edited:

Masterofpokemon95

And openings have been correct on captures so its still a possibility until proven otherwise

Janovy

Banned
Indeed. I can't believe everyone is thinking Incineroar one is anime concept art.

I don't think you will worry.
Incineroar's concept art is just video game concept art. It is Ken Sugimori's, so he is not working for the anime. He can draw Ash and his Pikachu if he wants to.
I'm sure Litten won't quickly evolve into Torracat (and Incineroar). Litten fully evolving might happen.
If you are going to deny the sketch as anime-related, at least provide actual arguments as for why you feel that way. Because with Ash and Mallow in the picture, I have a hard time buying the idea that the artist just randomly drew the main characters of SM anime together in a video game concept art.

Masterofpokemon95

@ShadowForce720-]
Sorry, but I can't understand what you're talking about. Charizard, Infernape, Greninja all had character development arcs. This is a implication that majority of the regional aces have character development arcs. Sceptile also had a character development arc later on. And you think a character development arc isn't being set up for Litten? Ash started to bond with Litten and Litten seems to hold a grudge against Ash. There is a disobedience issue of Litten and it is pretty much evident that a character development arc is being set up for Litten.

These three are major examples and you can't ignore them.

2 of them were because of popularity (charizard & greninja) infernape was because of the rivalry of ash and paul 3/6 is not majority and ash bonds with all of his pokemon before he captures them he bonded with rowlett primeape torterra krabby etc doesnt mean they were going to b his regional aces

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
If you are going to deny the sketch as anime-related, at least provide actual arguments as for why you feel that way. Because with Ash and Mallow in the picture, I have a hard time buying the idea that the artist just randomly drew the main characters of SM anime together in a video game concept art.

I'm not denying, but I'm doubting.. Because Ken Sugimori is not working on the anime.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'm not denying, but I'm doubting.. Because Ken Sugimori is not working on the anime.

Sugimori draws anime nodded art all the time, I seriously doubt his random doodles have anything to do with the anime. Random sketch pictures with no agency in the show they're drawn for have been a thing since forever not just in Japanese but Western animation as well. Using Mao and Satoshi as stick figures shouldn't be taken as definitive proof of anything because they essentially were meant to be random characters of the day, this is concept art drawn for the Alola3 so it would be odd to think they have anime content in these concept arts of all things for the games. Especially when Satoshi and Pikachu seem to appear in the games as an anime nod via a Mimikyu picture and nothing more. Sugimori has always given throwbacks to many faucets of the anime, PMD, Special, anime, it's not supervising he'd use Sato/Mao as randoms for concept pictures. Not saying the picture is nothing but it doesn't have as much weight as I think many like to believe is all.

[img139]http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m933pdUQF81rneow1o1_1280.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
2 of them were because of popularity (charizard & greninja) infernape was because of the rivalry of ash and paul 3/6 is not majority and ash bonds with all of his pokemon before he captures them he bonded with rowlett primeape torterra krabby etc doesnt mean they were going to b his regional aces
I still can't understand why you are trying to exclude the examples by referring to their popularity. And all are major examples- Charizard's arc was based of its disobedience, Infernape's ace was related to the Ash-Paul rivalry, and Greninja's arc was based on its bond with Ash which led to the Ash-Greninja transformation, a transformation which occurs once in hundreds of years. Sceptile also had a character arc later on when it had a heartbreak. And 3/6? Ash didn't have a regional powerhouse in Johto, and in Unova, Krookodile was a very late addition. And in Hoenn, he didn't have a regional powerhouse, as Grovyle evolved in BF and then became a powerhouse, and right then it had a character development arc. So basically out of all 4 of Ash's main powerhouses, each and every one of them had a character development arc. And no, you can't bring Primeape, Krabby as examples as Litten is a starter and it is pretty much evident that a character arc is being set up- Litten's grudge against Ash+Ash trying to bond with it shows that a disobedience arc is being set up.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Sugimori draws anime nodded art all the time, I seriously doubt his random doodles have anything to do with the anime. Random sketch pictures with no agency in the show they're drawn for have been a thing since forever not just in Japanese but Western animation as well. Using Mao and Satoshi as stick figures shouldn't be taken as definitive proof of anything because they essentially were meant to be random characters of the day, this is concept art drawn for the Alola3 so it would be odd to think they have anime content in these concept arts of all things for the games. Especially when Satoshi and Pikachu seem to appear in the games as an anime nod via a Mimikyu picture and nothing more. Sugimori has always given throwbacks to many faucets of the anime, PMD, Special, anime, it's not supervising he'd use Sato/Mao as randoms for concept pictures. Not saying the picture is nothing but it doesn't have as much weight as I think many like to believe is all.

[img139]http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m933pdUQF81rneow1o1_1280.jpg[/img139]

True. So much this.
Bold: I doubt this too, he is neither writer nor animator.

Last edited:

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Ideally, at the end of Sun/Moon, I'd like the teams to look like this:

Ash - Pikachu, Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc (day form), Golisopod, and Hakamo-o

Lillie - Alolan Vulpix and Cosmog

Mallow - Steenee, Lurantis, and Petilil

Lana - Popplio, Chinchou, and Lapras

Kiawe - Turtonator, Charizard, and Alolan Marowak

Sophocles - Togedemaru, Alolan Geodude, and Vikavolt

Team Rocket:
Jessie: Wobbuffet, Mimikyu, and Bewear

James: Mareanie and Shiinotic

ShadowForce720

Okay so right now from what we know of James' Mareanie this is it's current move set so far:

James' Mareanie:
Spike Cannon
Sludge Bomb

Spike Canon is a move that Mareanie only learns through level up or a move reminder, and Mareanie only learns Sludge Bomb through TM's, so right now Mareanie has one move that it learns through level up and one move that it learns through TM.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I don't see Litten being set up for a disobedient arc. Ash bonded with Litten when he gave it food and helped defend Stoutland with Litten against an Alolan Persian. Litten has been shown to be a stubborn Pokemon and not fully trusting. I see Litten being set up for an arc where him and Ash cannot achieve a Z-move, because Litten doesn't fully trust Ash, probably from more Human backstory that will be the centerpoint of his capture. I see this playing out if Litten joins Ash's team without a battle. Litten wouldn't join his team and then disobey his commands. If Ash captures Litten via battle, there could be disobedience only further in Litten's evolutionary line.

Status
Not open for further replies.