• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's my new prediction for Ash's Alola Team

Pikachu
Decidueye
Salazzle
Araquanid
Lycanroc (Midday)
Kommo-o

ShadowForce720

Here's my new prediction for Ash's Alola Team

Pikachu
Decidueye
Salazzle
Araquanid
Lycanroc (Midday)
Kommo-o

Listen I can understand if you don't like Litten and would prefer it to not be on Ash's team, but at this point it's pretty likely that Ash will probably get Litten, and considering how the Team Skull grunts are using Salandits and Plumeria will likely have Salazzle as her ace it's probably unlikely that Ash would wind up with a Salazzle.

Spyro39

Here, I made a post why I think Ash should get Midnight Lycanroc:

Basically, Midnight Lycanroc seems to have a sort of “bloodthirsty” personality and such an aggressive personality seems to clash with Ash’s personality. This could lead to a lot of disagreements forcing Ash to deal with a Pokemon that isn’t fully obedient and that he gets into fights with often.

Furthermore, it says it will attack with no regard for its own safety. This attitude is completely anti-Ash and I feel Ash would get angry for Lycanroc acting so recklessly. In response, Lycanroc would get angry because it despises trainers it disagrees with. This whole premise simply has a lot of potential if a Pokemon like Midnight Lycanroc goes to a trainer like Ash.

This isn't a bad concept. Ash is a passionate character and Lycanroc is a very obsessive character, two traits that should go hand in hand yet clash against each other because passion is controlled while obsession is lack of control.

If this concept becomes true, will Midnight Lycanroc be another one of Ash's Pokemon that will continuously disobey him during battle until Ash is able to earn its obedience and trust?

Everything12

Personally I think Lycanroc will evolve into its Midday form for several reasons: First is based on the fact the first Totem Pokemon was Yungoos from Sun, second I think they will have Midday form go up against Olivia's Midnight form, thirdly I think because of the way Ash treats his Pokemon it would be more likely to evolve in the more loyal Midday form instead of the bloodthirsty Midnight form, and lastly Midday has Accelerock as its signature move while Midnight doesn't have a signature move.

With all the information we have so far the Pokemon I think Ash will get would be Pikachu (Duh), Decidueye, Lycanroc (Midday), Incineroar, Kommo-o/Passimian, Alolan-Sandslash/Araquanid. Also how does everyone think Totem Pokemon will effect the chance of Vikavolt and Kommo-o being captured.

On the note of an ace I can't ell who it will be it could be very well be Pikachu with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (if it isn't movie exclusive), or it could be Rowlet, Litten, or Rockruff who all seem to have a relationship with Ash we normally don't see with non-aces and at least some level of backstory.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
If this concept becomes true, will Midnight Lycanroc be another one of Ash's Pokemon that will continuously disobey him during battle until Ash is able to earn its obedience and trust?
I think this would be less about trust and more about Lycanroc learning to subdue/control its bloodlust.

I wouldn't make Lycanroc disobedient because it doesn't trust Ash or because it considers Ash unworthy of being its trainer but rather because it cannot control its urges correctly.

ShadowForce720

Personally I think Lycanroc will evolve into its Midday form for several reasons: First is based on the fact the first Totem Pokemon was Yungoos from Sun, second I think they will have Midday form go up against Olivia's Midnight form, thirdly I think because of the way Ash treats his Pokemon it would be more likely to evolve in the more loyal Midday form instead of the bloodthirsty Midnight form, and lastly Midday has Accelerock as its signature move while Midnight doesn't have a signature move.

With all the information we have so far the Pokemon I think Ash will get would be Pikachu (Duh), Decidueye, Lycanroc (Midday), Incineroar, Kommo-o/Passimian, Alolan-Sandslash/Araquanid. Also how does everyone think Totem Pokemon will effect the chance of Vikavolt and Kommo-o being captured.

On the note of an ace I can't ell who it will be it could be very well be Pikachu with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (if it isn't movie exclusive), or it could be Rowlet, Litten, or Rockruff who all seem to have a relationship with Ash we normally don't see with non-aces and at least some level of backstory.

I really don't think that just because 2 of the totem pokemon are a Vikavolt and Kommo-o that it would stop Ash from getting them or really effect his chances of getting them as they could simply have Ash's hypothetical Charjabug, and/or Hakamo-o evolve after Ash battles the totem pokemon, and also if they really wanted to although I don't know if they would do this is they could change totem pokemon in the anime to a different one say like replacing a totem Vikavolt with a Totem Alolan Golem.

Also another thing to note is that one of the Totem pokemon is a Mimikyu and yet that didn't prevent Jessie from getting a Mimikyu, so I don't see why there being a Totem Vikavolt and a Totem Kommo-o would really be an issue.

Pikachu is Ash's overall ace however if you want to know what Ash's regional ace will be then it's probably going to be Decidueye or Incinroar. Either way there is no reason why Pikachu should be the regional ace as it already get plenty of time to shine, to where the other pokemon on the team their main chance to shine is in their home region, where as once Ash leaves the region they won't have a lot of chances to shine.

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
It sounds like Ash will be getting Rockruff after all. With this in mind, the gap between Ash's first capture and second capture within a new region becomes the longest at 11 episodes.
Gap between 1st and 2nd Capture:
1st: Alola: 11 Episodes (SM4-SM15)
2nd: Johto: 7 Episodes (EP119-EP126)
T-3rd: Sinnoh & Hoenn: 3 Episodes (AG4-AG7; DP2-DP5)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I just personally can't see Midday Lycanroc having an interesting personality to be honest. I know I shouldn't judge something by design alone but imo, Midnight Lycanroc would at least have some personality considering it's always looking to fight and gets excited the stronger its opponent is (and its face is more expressive then Midday's). That's not to say I don't want Midday Lycanroc to happen but I personally think Midnight Lycanroc would be a more interesting choice considering what it does when it comes to battling while looking like a Pokémon with an interesting personality all the same.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The rest of Grubbin and Jangmo-o line's do need coverage..... I really see Ash ending up with a Hakamo-o. With a team like Pikachu, Rowlet/Decidueye, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Goliosod, Sandslash, and Hakomo-o..... that is all the z-stones you get in the main story accounted for. Except for Ground..... but Rock and Ground are TOO freaking similar to each other. -.-
And yes, I left out Fairy. Mina doesn't have a Trial, and Lillie has Shiron. She can be the one to show off the Fairy z-move further down the road. Ash wouldn't accept a z-stone just like that I feel. We saw how he acted about getting badges that way.
And you can't possibly miss the Ice one when you scale the mountain, so Ice counts.
You can easily miss Flying and Psychic..... which I did on my first playthrough I admit. Rowlet would lose that typing anyways if he evolves, and nobody has a Psychic type except for Jessie.

I still don't care what form Lycanroc is. Midnight is my favorite, but either Lycanroc form is fine with me.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Time for another bold prediction based on absolutely nothing, this time regarding Litten. I will probably be way off but that's fine. These are just random rambling thoughts I come up with at work anyway. :p

We know Stoutland is old, perhaps dying. Maybe, by this point, things have gotten worse for it, and Litten is stressed about it. But we'll get to that later.

I think SM16 will be a more eventful episode than people expect for Litten. In that episode thread, a lot of people are expecting Rowlet and Popplio to talk about their experiences with Ash and Lana resrespectivelRowlet could talk about Ash's backpack the events of SM04, how much it enjoys battling with Ash, and whatever else it wants to talk about. Popplio can talk about how Lana rescued it from Team Skull and how much it likes fishing with her, maybe even the bubble dream. Both of these stories help Litten to begin to realize that not all humans are bad. Maybe not change its mind, maybewe'll learn about Litten's backstory, but it's enough to get it thinking.

But Litten won't learn that Ash is Rowlet's trainer until the end of the episode. Rowlet is certainly airheaded enough to not mention that. :p Anyway, Litten will be surprised that the trainer Rowlet is so fond of is Ash is the same goofy kid from earlier. Ash and Litten will interact briefly (probably nothing more than Ash recognizing and thanking Litten) and Litten will run off. Remembering the events of SM07 and Rowlet and Popplio's experiences with their trainers, Litten takes an interest in Ash and starts following him. Not be use it likes him, but more because it's curious about him.

SM17 and 18 won't have any events of consequence, but there will be shots of it watching Ash and witnessing more positive interactions between Trainer and Pokemon.

Now SM19 will be interesting because this is where I think Litten will witness two Z-Moves used by Ash. Watching Rockruff use Breakneck Blitz to defeat the Mudbray will catch Litten's attention, but Ash's battle with Tapu Koko is going to be what really sells Ash on Litten. I still expect Ash to lose that battle, but I think Pikachu will put up a better fight and show off a more powerful Gigavolt Havoc. I also think that losing to Tapu Koko is what's going to convince Ash that he needs more Z-Crystals.

BUT before Ash begins the Akala Island trials, I do think SM20 is going to be Litten's capture episode. I don't know what's going to happen or if it's going to involve Stoutland's death (considering Litten's nightmare back in SM07, I think it might). If it does, then maybe Litten will decide to go along with Ash because it has no one else to turn to. Maybe it blames itself for Stoutland's death and wants to get stronger. Maybe Ash and Litten are successful in saving Stoutland, and Stoutland convinces Litten to go along with Ash like Toucannon did to Rowlet. Either way, I think that is when Litten will join Ash.

But I still don't think it will share a strong bond with him. I think it will see him as more of a means to an end without the knowledge that Z-Moves require a strong bond between Trainer and Pokemon.

I actually like this "bold prediction based on absolutely nothing." Litten clearly wants to get stronger and seems to have trouble mastering its moves, so I can definitely see it being the type who would gain an interest in Ash after witnessing firsthand what kind of Trainer he is--either by witnessing his battle against Abareru-kun Hiroki the Mudbray Trainer or by witnessing his rematch against Tapu Koko. And, if Litten's distrust of humans stems from negative experiences (which is what I predict), then hearing about how loving and caring Ash is from one of Ash's own Pokémon (Rowlet) might help convince the cat that perhaps Ash just might be the Trainer it needs.

However, as you said, I don't think Litten will share a strong bond with Ash--at least, not at first (and probably not for awhile). It will be willing to give Ash a chance, but it probably won't be immediately sold on Ash.

This is one of the main reasons I think Rockruff is more likely to evolve into Midday Lycanroc than Midnight Lycanroc. While Midnight Lycanroc might be an interesting Pokémon for Ash to deal with, Midday Lycanroc seems to be made for Ash.

"In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners."

While I have a hard time seeing Rockruff becoming super rebellious (due to how fond it is of Ash at the moment), I can see it becoming rowdier and harder to handle as it gets stronger; and Ash, being the loving, caring Trainer he is, would put up with whatever Rockruff dishes at him. Then, when Rockruff evolves, it returns Ash's devotion with undying loyalty.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ash is getting a Rockruff? Eh, I shouldn't be that surprised, it is incredibly marketable. And with Litten, that gives us four on his team; the Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff and Litten lines. He always has a Water type and this is an appropriate region for it, so I believe he will inevitably have either a Wimpod or Dewpider

ShadowForce720

Ash is getting a Rockruff? Eh, I shouldn't be that surprised, it is incredibly marketable. And with Litten, that gives us four on his team; the Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff and Litten lines. He always has a Water type and this is an appropriate region for it, so I believe he will inevitably have either a Wimpod or Dewpider

And before gen 6 he always had the grass type start/a grass type, but that didn't stop him from skipping out on getting a Grass type in gen 6. Also he always had the regional bird in the past generations but now it looks like he will skipped it in this generation, the point being is just because he had a water type in the past generations doesn't guarantee or mean that he will get a water type this generation, although it is a possibility it's not guaranteed.

I know some people would say that oh well it would be weird for Ash to skipped out on getting a water type this generation given the setting, but in all reality just because people may find it weird for Ash to skipped out on a water type this generation doesn't mean that it won't happen. Plus the writers have been pretty unpredictable this generation so the fact that so many people are expecting Ash to get a water type could wind up actually meaning that the writers won't give him one because of most people expecting him to get one.

At this point it could go either way.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Another pattern that broke now is Ash getting his starter elemental Pokémon in row.

Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh: Grass, Fire, Water
Hoenn : Grass, Water, Fire
Unova : Water, Fire, Grass
Kalos : Water, Fire

Alola : Grass | Rock | Fire ???

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I actually like this "bold prediction based on absolutely nothing." Litten clearly wants to get stronger and seems to have trouble mastering its moves, so I can definitely see it being the type who would gain an interest in Ash after witnessing firsthand what kind of Trainer he is--either by witnessing his battle against Abareru-kun Hiroki the Mudbray Trainer or by witnessing his rematch against Tapu Koko. And, if Litten's distrust of humans stems from negative experiences (which is what I predict), then hearing about how loving and caring Ash is from one of Ash's own Pokémon (Rowlet) might help convince the cat that perhaps Ash just might be the Trainer it needs.

However, as you said, I don't think Litten will share a strong bond with Ash--at least, not at first (and probably not for awhile). It will be willing to give Ash a chance, but it probably won't be immediately sold on Ash.
I need to come up with a name for these

Yeah, I think we discussed this already. I don't expect Litten to be completely sold on Ash immediately. I think even when Ash catches it, it will need time to warm up to him, and I fully expect it to struggle with Z-Moves because of its weak bond with Ash.

I'm also very interested to see how it interacts with Rowlet in SM16, because there's potential for a fun rivalry there. :p Rowlet being an airheaded goofball who is a competent battler and can use Z-Moves and Litten being more clever and taking its battles more seriously, but not being very powerful and incapable of using Z-Moves. Although Rowlet, being Rowlet, probably wouldn't be aware there was anything going on between them. :p

It's probably extremely obvious considering its relationship with Stoutland and the fact that it's going to help out Rowlet and Popplio in SM16, but I get major Jerk with a Heart of Gold vibes from Litten; it's an ***hole most of the time, but a good Pokemon deep down and willing to do the right thing when necessary. And I can see it retaining that part of its personality as it evolves, because that's almost how Incineroar is.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Time for another bold prediction based on absolutely nothing, this time regarding Litten. I will probably be way off but that's fine. These are just random rambling thoughts I come up with at work anyway. :p

We know Stoutland is old, perhaps dying. Maybe, by this point, things have gotten worse for it, and Litten is stressed about it. But we'll get to that later.

I think SM16 will be a more eventful episode than people expect for Litten. In that episode thread, a lot of people are expecting Rowlet and Popplio to talk about their experiences with Ash and Lana resrespectivelRowlet could talk about Ash's backpack the events of SM04, how much it enjoys battling with Ash, and whatever else it wants to talk about. Popplio can talk about how Lana rescued it from Team Skull and how much it likes fishing with her, maybe even the bubble dream. Both of these stories help Litten to begin to realize that not all humans are bad. Maybe not change its mind, maybewe'll learn about Litten's backstory, but it's enough to get it thinking.

But Litten won't learn that Ash is Rowlet's trainer until the end of the episode. Rowlet is certainly airheaded enough to not mention that. :p Anyway, Litten will be surprised that the trainer Rowlet is so fond of is Ash is the same goofy kid from earlier. Ash and Litten will interact briefly (probably nothing more than Ash recognizing and thanking Litten) and Litten will run off. Remembering the events of SM07 and Rowlet and Popplio's experiences with their trainers, Litten takes an interest in Ash and starts following him. Not be use it likes him, but more because it's curious about him.

SM17 and 18 won't have any events of consequence, but there will be shots of it watching Ash and witnessing more positive interactions between Trainer and Pokemon.

Now SM19 will be interesting because this is where I think Litten will witness two Z-Moves used by Ash. Watching Rockruff use Breakneck Blitz to defeat the Mudbray will catch Litten's attention, but Ash's battle with Tapu Koko is going to be what really sells Ash on Litten. I still expect Ash to lose that battle, but I think Pikachu will put up a better fight and show off a more powerful Gigavolt Havoc. I also think that losing to Tapu Koko is what's going to convince Ash that he needs more Z-Crystals.

BUT before Ash begins the Akala Island trials, I do think SM20 is going to be Litten's capture episode. I don't know what's going to happen or if it's going to involve Stoutland's death (considering Litten's nightmare back in SM07, I think it might). If it does, then maybe Litten will decide to go along with Ash because it has no one else to turn to. Maybe it blames itself for Stoutland's death and wants to get stronger. Maybe Ash and Litten are successful in saving Stoutland, and Stoutland convinces Litten to go along with Ash like Toucannon did to Rowlet. Either way, I think that is when Litten will join Ash.

But I still don't think it will share a strong bond with him. I think it will see him as more of a means to an end without the knowledge that Z-Moves require a strong bond between Trainer and Pokemon.

This! So much this! The writers are clearly setting up something like this between Ash and Litten, but well......some people aren't understanding that. This is the exact way I think that it will play out, it will be a wonderful way of setting up things between Ash and Litten. I really hope that things go exactly like this.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I would be shocked if things went exactly like that.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm still not 100% convinced that Ash is going to get Rockruff. While the recent summaries and scans are heavily implying that it will happen, I know there have been other capture theories based on this kind of stuff that ended up being proven wrong:
  • Everyone thought Ash would catch Sandile before it evolved into Krokorok since it was seen the group in a picture from Corocoro
  • Everyone thought that Iris would catch Gothita because they were featured together in several promotional images
  • Everyone thought Ash would catch Amaura due to how they were seen interacting in the promos for that episode and because of the merchandise that was coming out at the time

Domok

I'm still not 100% convinced that Ash is going to get Rockruff. While the recent summaries and scans are heavily implying that it will happen, I know there have been other capture theories based on this kind of stuff that ended up being proven wrong:
  • Everyone thought Ash would catch Sandile before it evolved into Krokorok since it was seen the group in a picture from Corocoro
  • Everyone thought that Iris would catch Gothorita because they were featured together in several promotional images
  • Everyone thought Ash would catch Amaura due to how they were seen interacting in the promos for that episode and because of the merchandise that was coming out at the time

It literally says Rockruff is his new partner. It's 100% confirmed at this point.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
  • Everyone thought that Iris would catch Gothorita because they were featured together in several promotional images

The summary for SM19 outright confirms that Ash gets Rockruff:

1: A new partner is born!
Satoshi has befriended Iwanko, which lives together with him at Professor Kukui's house. It will no doubt add to Satoshi's strength!
Satoshi gains another partner to grow stronger together with!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The summary for SM19 outright confirms that Ash gets Rockruff:
1: A new partner is born!
Satoshi has befriended Iwanko, which lives together with him at Professor Kukui's house. It will no doubt add to Satoshi's strength!
Satoshi gains another partner to grow stronger together with!
Oh, I must have missed that since I was looking in the thread for the Lycanroc episode

Status
Not open for further replies.