• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yep, it's in the SM19 thread. :)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Okay, let me give this a try:
Pikachu
Decidueye
Lycanroc (Midnight, I prefer this design despite its color scheme)
Vikavolt (Grubbin's been hinted, and it'd be a good opportunity to see how Ash fares with Electric types that aren't Pikachu)
Araquanid (however, this would be mutually exclusive with Vikavolt)
Incineroar (it might be quite a while before he gets Litten though, maybe another Sandie situation)
Drampa/Oranguru (neither of them is something a past version of Ash would have been given by the writerd, so it'd be a nice surprise)

MegaSalamence05

Well now that we know Rockruff is confirmed. Here's the thing, in episode 16 (The Starter Trio adventure episode) we see Rockruff with Ash, Mallow and Lana. Unless Kukui lent it to help search because the flyer (Rowlet) is out of commission. I think its confirmed to be given to Ash in this weeks episode. Now I do think a good starting moveset for Rockruff is this.

Tackle
Bite
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide/Rock Tomb

Tackle and Bite are confirmed, I do think a Rock-Type attack is warranted to help knock out Magmar. So Stealth Rock be used in evasive strategies while either Rock Slide or Rock Tomb be used to corner Magmar and restrict movements while induced super effective damage.

Mr. Guy

Banned
With Rockruff confirmed, and Litten as good as confirmed, that leaves two more Pokemon for Ash. Only ones I think fit him though are:

Alolan Sandshrew (only Alolan form that really suits him)
Passimian (it's stated that it watches its trainer's Poke Ball-throwing form closely, and will only respect and obey a trainer with good form)
Jangmo-o (don't expect it to go further than Hakamo-o though)
A Sinnoh Pokemon if Diamond/Pearl remakes are a thing

Navin

MALDREAD
With Rockruff confirmed, and Litten as good as confirmed, that leaves two more Pokemon for Ash. Only ones I think fit him though are:

Passimian (it's stated that it watches its trainer's Poke Ball-throwing form closely, and will only respect and obey a trainer with good form)

Crabrawler is an easy Ash Pokemon, considering it fits the Corphish/Buizel mold.

Sabre_King

So far I like the direction Ash's team is taking, so my predictions would be as followed:
Pikachu: Only hope is a new move is added or the exclusive move is added eventually
Decidueye: It would be great to see Ash finally own a Ghost type and see how he battles with this typing.
Lycanroc (Midday): I lean towards the Midday form because it fits Ash's speed style, which a lot of alolan pokemon lack, plus I prefer the design a bit more. Cannot wait to see Accel Rock in the anime.
Torracat/Incineroar: Either form would fit Ash's team, I hope more for Incineroar just to give Ash's team more type coverage when gaining the dark typing.
Golisopod/Araquanid: I feel as though one of these two pokemon will make Ash's team and it just depends if the writers are thinking defense or offense. Personally I would go with Araqanid because Ash will need a defensive pokemon plus it has an awesome ability to make up for its offense.
Alolan Sandslash: Another type Ash has never used would be steel so fitting that role would be interesting plus ever since Gen 1 I always wanted him to get a sandslash, although I wished for the sake of it that the name was changed to snowslash lol.

Reserve: Unlike BW I don't see the writers going to crazy, but based on the openings I can see Ash getting two reserves.
Vikavolt: This pokemon, at least grubbin, has been hinted and to think it took seven generations to get Ash possibly another electric type.
Toucannon: Regional bird may come in handy once Rowlet fully evolves into Decidueye. Would be funny if its one of Rowlet's nesting buddies lol.

esquilo09

I don't think Ash will catch a Sinnoh Pokémon even if the remakes come out, unless one of the Sinnoh Pokémons has a 7th gen evo.

Janovy

Banned
Crabrawler is an easy Ash Pokemon, considering it fits the Corphish/Buizel mold.
Agreed. And its evolution would give Ash an ice type, which he hasn't had since AG.

JD

I could see all of those going to Ash. I feel like Passimian is definitely going to happen it's a Pokemon that's strongly team based and it doesn't need to evolve so it could be like Heracross/Hawlucha.

Shotgunrain

So far I like the direction Ash's team is taking, so my predictions would be as followed:
Pikachu: Only hope is a new move is added or the exclusive move is added eventually
Decidueye: It would be great to see Ash finally own a Ghost type and see how he battles with this typing.
Lycanroc (Midday): I lean towards the Midday form because it fits Ash's speed style, which a lot of alolan pokemon lack, plus I prefer the design a bit more. Cannot wait to see Accel Rock in the anime.
Torracat/Incineroar: Either form would fit Ash's team, I hope more for Incineroar just to give Ash's team more type coverage when gaining the dark typing.
Golisopod/Araquanid: I feel as though one of these two pokemon will make Ash's team and it just depends if the writers are thinking defense or offense. Personally I would go with Araqanid because Ash will need a defensive pokemon plus it has an awesome ability to make up for its offense.
Alolan Sandslash: Another type Ash has never used would be steel so fitting that role would be interesting plus ever since Gen 1 I always wanted him to get a sandslash, although I wished for the sake of it that the name was changed to snowslash lol.

Reserve: Unlike BW I don't see the writers going to crazy, but based on the openings I can see Ash getting two reserves.
Vikavolt: This pokemon, at least grubbin, has been hinted and to think it took seven generations to get Ash possibly another electric type.
Toucannon: Regional bird may come in handy once Rowlet fully evolves into Decidueye. Would be funny if its one of Rowlet's nesting buddies lol.

Honestly I think Golisopod will be saved for Guzma, since it's his ace and all. It would be interesting if Ash catches one though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't want Ash to get Litten now. I honestly cannot see Ash with a heel wrestler Pokemon, who I think should go to a rival or a villain.

Last edited:

Captain America X

I don't want Ash to get Litten now. I honestly cannot see Ash with a heel wrestler Pokemon, who I think should go to a rival or a villain.

Ash had pokemon like Krokorok and Gliscor.I don't see how Incineroar is so different than both of them appearance wise that Ash can't have one.

Anyway Ash is gonna get Litten anyway.There is no way the writers would have one of the starters not on the main crew and it would have been a waste of time to develop said Litten with Ash(and eventually Rowlet/Popplio) if it was not gonna join the main team.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash had pokemon like Krokorok and Gliscor.I don't see how Incineroar is so different than both of them appearance wise that Ash can't have one.

Anyway Ash is gonna get Litten anyway.There is no way the writers would have one of the starters not on the main crew and it would have been a waste of time to develop said Litten with Ash(and eventually Rowlet/Popplio) if it was not gonna join the main team.

Yes, it's pretty much evident that Ash will catch Litten, and I have also repeatedly explained before why.

I would like Incineroar to Evolve later on, I mean that in the ery later part of the series. I'd to see it as a Litten/Torracat for majority of the series, because it suits Ash so well as Litten/Torracat. But well, I do want that it fully evolves later on.

DatsRight

Araquanid's dex entry makes me think maybe Lana will get it, given her obsession with travelling underwater not quite up to scratch yet.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Araquanid's dex entry makes me think maybe Lana will get it, given her obsession with travelling underwater not quite up to scratch yet.

That depends on which Pokedex entry you read.

Moon? It's a caring Pokemon and protects weak Pokemon inside it's bubble.
Sun? It headbutts others and sucks Pokemon inside the bubble, causing them to drown.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I have a hard time keeping seeing any of the non Ash characters getting more Pokemon tbh

They'll probably get two Pokemon each (Kiawe and Lana already have two).

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
They'll probably get two Pokemon each (Kiawe and Lana already have two).

I agree, for the most part. I can see Mallow and Sophocles each getting one more Pokémon, and I don't think Lana will get a third Pokémon. I can see Kiawe maybe getting an Alolan Marowak (since it's so associated with him in the game). Lillie, on the other hand, probably won't get another Pokémon--not until she has completely conquered her fear of touching Pokémon (which I don't expect to happen until much later in the series). She will probably end up being Cosmog's caretaker, and she will probably become attached to it, but it won't be her Pokémon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'd love for Ash to own a Passimian, but I think Hakomo-o is going to end up the Fighting type.
Wimpod would be a fun Pokemon to see Ash have to deal with...... I really can't see him with Aquaranid. That suits Lana honestly.
And Sandslash would be a good way to finally give him a stone evolved Pokemon, Steel type, and a second Ice type. And they can easily send it home to Oak to study to allow for another Pokemon to join the team. Sandslash would still be getting training at the Lab, all Pokemon Ash owned have returned from there with new moves before.

And if they do the Sinnoh BF, I can see Ash getting a Sinnoh Pokemon. And evolving Gible. Which Sinnoh Pokemon? Hm.... dunno. Depends on if gen 8 is going to add any evolutions, though hopefully not another Ambipom situation if it stays with him to the next saga. I'd love to see a Lucario join him though, or maybe that Hippopatos from way back in DP

I have a hard time keeping seeing any of the non Ash characters getting more Pokemon tbh

Yeah, I agree on certain characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.