• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
And before gen 6 he always had the grass type start/a grass type, but that didn't stop him from skipping out on getting a Grass type in gen 6. Also he always had the regional bird in the past generations but now it looks like he will skipped it in this generation, the point being is just because he had a water type in the past generations doesn't guarantee or mean that he will get a water type this generation, although it is a possibility it's not guaranteed.

I know some people would say that oh well it would be weird for Ash to skipped out on getting a water type this generation given the setting, but in all reality just because people may find it weird for Ash to skipped out on a water type this generation doesn't mean that it won't happen. Plus the writers have been pretty unpredictable this generation so the fact that so many people are expecting Ash to get a water type could wind up actually meaning that the writers won't give him one because of most people expecting him to get one.

At this point it could go either way.

That has only happened once in six gens.

ShadowForce720

That has only happened once in six gens.

and? some people thought that Ash would never skipped out on getting a Grass type and yet in gen 6 he did. So while it is possible for him to get a Water type this generation it is not guaranteed. You can't rely on the whole argument that oh just because he had a Water type the last 6 gens that it somehow means he has to get one this gen, because people used pretty much that same argument about grass types in gen 6 and that didn't stop Ash from not getting a grass type.

Now I'm not saying that it is impossible for Ash to get a water type this generation or that it's guaranteed that he won't get one, at this point it can really go either way.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This would be the absolute worst region to skip the Water type. It's a freaking island region. Even in the Orange Islands he caught a Water type, which was released.... but still. There's clearly a Water type(Wimpod) that suits him, there is NO need to skip the type.

ShadowForce720

This would be the absolute worst region to skip the Water type. It's a freaking island region. Even in the Orange Islands he caught a Water type, which was released.... but still. There's clearly a Water type(Wimpod) that suits him, there is NO need to skip the type.

First off it doesn't matter if you think that there is no need to skip out on getting a water type this region, or if you think this is the worst region to skip out on the type, if the writers decide and want to skip out on giving Ash a water type this time around then they will. Also what suits Ash is completely subjective and opinion base just because you think Wimpod suits Ash doesn't mean he will get it, for instance Ash didn't get a Lucario even though a lot of people though one would suit him and same with some other pokemon.

Plus some people thought that Phantump and Skiddo suited Ash, but that didn't stop Ash from skipping out on getting a Grass type in gen 6.

Could Ash get a Water type? Sure but it's also possible that he could skipped out on getting the type, after all it's not like people here can control what the writers do.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
and? some people thought that Ash would never skipped out on getting a Grass type and yet in gen 6 he did. So while it is possible for him to get a Water type this generation it is not guaranteed. You can't rely on the whole argument that oh just because he had a Water type the last 6 gens that it somehow means he has to get one this gen, because people used pretty much that same argument about grass types in gen 6 and that didn't stop Ash from not getting a grass type.

Now I'm not saying that it is impossible for Ash to get a water type this generation or that it's guaranteed that he won't get one, at this point it can really go either way.

I am aware of this, I was just pointing out them missing one of the starter types is unlikely

Hey guys I made an account just to share a dream that I had recently, and I'm totally being serious about this:

Ash waked up from a 30 year coma, now physically 40 years of age. He had a thick full grown beard. The nurse noticed him waking up and called out to the doctor before looking upon Ash who turned his head to her smiling before muttering one word in a really raspy voice. "Alola".

I'm not kidding about the fact that I had this dream and felt like I need to share it.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Hey guys I made an account just to share a dream that I had recently, and I'm totally being serious about this:

Ash waked up from a 30 year coma, now physically 40 years of age. He had a thick full grown beard. The nurse noticed him waking up and called out to the doctor before looking upon Ash who turned his head to her smiling before muttering one word in a really raspy voice. "Alola".

I'm not kidding about the fact that I had this dream and felt like I need to share it.

Never gonna happen in anime!!

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
This is a little off topic but didn't think it warranted a new thread.

With Jessie catching Mimikyu in a Luxury Ball and trainers in the game using more than just pokeballs as well as Samson giving out the apricorn balls in the game anyone think that we could get Ash using a different type of ball this region? It could also be a nice call back with Ash remembering he has a fast ball from when he was in Johto.

I'd personally love to see him catch something in a net ball but I'd just like to see that concept come back

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

With Jessie catching Mimikyu in a Luxury Ball and trainers in the game using more than just pokeballs as well as Samson giving out the apricorn balls in the game anyone think that we could get Ash using a different type of ball this region? It could also be a nice call back with Ash remembering he has a fast ball from when he was in Johto.

I'd personally love to see him catch something in a net ball but I'd just like to see that concept come back

I like this idea. May be with last capture of ash in alola. Ash throws a pokeball but it fails. He tries to grab another pokeball but realises he is out of pokeballs. And then, he remembers he still has fast ball with him and he uses it to catch the mon.

Hope he remembers his pidgeot as well and the promise he made to it which is yet to be fulfilled.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

I'm normally not picky about which Pokemon are in which Pokeballs in the games, but I wouldn't mind this. Pretty sure Ash hasn't had a Pokemon in a different Pokeball since Totodile an eternity ago.

I'm not sure how likely it is to happen, however.

type caster

Ash team 95%
Pikachu Rowlet Rockruff litten sandsherw passimian
Jangmo-o
Grubbin crabrawler ash alola team
He will be switch out this two last Pokémon
Pikachu Rowlet Rockruff litten grubbin crabrawler
Reason being how they Evo
Also look at the merchandise

Other 25% hope he can get are
Mudbray wimpod sandygast

Lilly vulpix cutiefly stufful
Mallow bounsweet pikipek fomantis
Lana popplio wishiwash dewpider

James mareanie morelull Jessie mimikyu beware pyukumuku
Other maybe team rocket Pokémon alola rattat alola grimer alola meowth

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm normally not picky about which Pokemon are in which Pokeballs in the games, but I wouldn't mind this. Pretty sure Ash hasn't had a Pokemon in a different Pokeball since Totodile an eternity ago.

I'm not sure how likely it is to happen, however.

I guess these varieties of Pokeballs were last shown in Johto, right?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Lilly vulpix cutiefly stufful
Mallow bounsweet pikipek fomantis
Lana popplio wishiwash dewpider

James mareanie morelull Jessie mimikyu beware pyukumuku
Other maybe team rocket Pokémon alola rattat alola grimer alola meowth

With the possible exception of Kiawe (who may get an Alolan Marowak or a Cubone that evolves into an Alolan Marowak), I don't think any of Ash's classmates will end up with more than two Pokémon, including the ones they already have. And to be honest, I don't think Lillie will get another Pokémon, now that she has Alolan Vulpix. She still has to conquer her fear of touching Pokémon.

As for Team Rocket... Given that they already have Meowth on their team, I think we can eliminate their chances of getting Alolan Meowth. Aside from Bewear (which Jessie is probably going to catch), I don't think they'll get any more Pokémon.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
With the possible exception of Kiawe (who may get an Alolan Marowak or a Cubone that evolves into an Alolan Marowak), I don't think any of Ash's classmates will end up with more than two Pokémon, including the ones they already have. And to be honest, I don't think Lillie will get another Pokémon, now that she has Alolan Vulpix. She still has to conquer her fear of touching Pokémon.

As for Team Rocket... Given that they already have Meowth on their team, I think we can eliminate their chances of getting Alolan Meowth. Aside from Bewear (which Jessie is probably going to catch), I don't think they'll get any more Pokémon.
If jessie is getting bewear, james also might get a new pokemon. I don't want james to have only one pokemon entire series, while jessie has three.
He might get an alolan form pokemon as his second capture. However not many of them will suit him. Alolan grimer would be best for him.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

I have been thinking about that too recently and one scenario I had in mind is Ash receives a Friend Ball from Samson and uses on Litten.

type caster

Cutiefly for Lillie will happen and she will conquer her fear with her team of cute Pokémon

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Cutiefly for Lillie will happen and she will conquer her fear with her team of cute Pokémon

What makes you so certain Lillie will catch a Cutiefly? What makes you so certain Lillie will catch another Pokémon at all? As I said before, I don't see Lillie catching another Pokémon--at least, not one of her own. (She may end up becoming Cosmog's caretaker, but it won't be her Pokémon.) She has a deathly fear of touching Pokémon and is only able to touch Shiron. I don't think she will completely conquer her fear until she learns/remembers what caused her fear in the first place.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Lillie should get another pokemon. But before it, she needs to overcome her fear of touching pokemon. We all know she will eventually overcome her fear but i don't think that's not gonna happen anytime soon. She will get another pokemon after that only. Till then, just admire the cuteness of vulpix.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I don't think TR will catch Bewear, as Bewear will be used for the new blast-off gag, and I highly doubt that the blast-off gag, which is very new for this saga, will be changed. And yes I can see Kiawe with an Alolan Marowak and Lillie with a befriended Cosmog. By the way do you think Lana, Mallow and Sophocles are going to catch any new Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.