• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I can see Lillie getting from 4-6 Pokemon since she's a trainer now and Mallow with 3. I think the rest will end up with one more each.

I see her having three at most. Unless Sinnoh Pokemon are on the table later.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

That could happen if she goes with Ash to Sinnoh if he goes there after finishing Island Trials for some reason.

Zoruagible

That could happen if she goes with Ash to Sinnoh if he goes there after finishing Island Trials for some reason.

Potential DP remakes. Cause they'll have to find something for Ash to do if he finishes the island trials before this generation is over.
Otherwise I doubt she'll get more than three, there's simply not enough new Pokemon. Especially when Mallow, Kiawe, Lana, and Sophocles will end up probably getting at least one new Pokemon each. And there's James, don't want him going around with only one Pokemon again.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, as we said earlier, they don't have to give all Alola Pokemon to the other classmates.

nickdt

Doubtful (Even if Sinnoh Remakes are a thing), since Clemont/Serena didn't get a Hoenn Pokemon as travelling companions. Yeah, you can make the Sawyer argument but still, he wasn't on the main cast all the time.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well, as we said earlier, they don't have to give all Alola Pokemon to the other classmates.

The classmates would be opportunities to show off some of the Alola form Pokémon, as the writers are with Alolan Vulpix by giving it to Lillie (and hopefully will with Alolan Marowak by giving it to Kiawe).

Doubtful (Even if Sinnoh Remakes are a thing), since Clemont/Serena didn't get a Hoenn Pokemon as travelling companions. Yeah, you can make the Sawyer argument but still, he wasn't on the main cast all the time.

Going by the assumption that Sawyer's team was partially to advertise the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire games and Gen III Pokémon, if the speculated Gen IV remakes do happen, then the writers might decide to advertise the remakes, and the Gen IV Pokémon, through another anime-only rival for Ash. I don't think the writers will use Ash's classmates to advertise Gen IV remakes.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The classmates would be opportunities to show off some of the Alola form Pokémon, as the writers are with Alolan Vulpix by giving it to Lillie (and hopefully will with Alolan Marowak by giving it to Kiawe).

Going by the assumption that Sawyer's team was partially to advertise the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire games and Gen III Pokémon, if the speculated Gen IV remakes do happen, then the writers might decide to advertise the remakes, and the Gen IV Pokémon, through another anime-only rival for Ash. I don't think the writers will use Ash's classmates to advertise Gen IV remakes.
I could see Sophocles with Alolan Geodude and Kiawe with Alolan Marowak, but that's about it. :/ There are no Water type Alolan forms, and Alolan Exeggutor has already been shown off, so I'm not sure about Mallow getting one. Unless DP remakes or a third version has more regional variants with Water and Grass type Alolan forms, I don't know that the girls will get one. For DP remakes, I could see Mallow with a Turtwig, however.

As for your latter point, I don't think they would do the exact same thing twice in a row, especially after that comment about not wanting to be predictable. That, and I'm still holding onto that hope for an anime-only rival with a Primarina ace :p

No reason why we can't have both, I suppose.

dman_dustin

Here's the thing.

May advertised the 4th generation and 1st generation (remakes)

Dawn Advertised the 2nd generation.

Just because we haven't got generational promotion since then, does not mean they WON'T give 4th generation Pokemon to Ash's companions.

It has happened before, and it also HASN'T happened before, we won't know until the end of the series or what other games have to offer us in the future.

I mean hell Ash debuted a concept that wasn't even in the games, a first EVER, I don't think everything is immediately off the table.

ShadowForce720

I am aware of this, I was just pointing out them missing one of the starter types is unlikely

Except Grass is one of the starter types and that didn't stop Ash from skipping it in gen 6, so I don't know where your getting this whole it's unlikely that he would be missing one of the starters types, when if you look back at his Kalos team he didn't have a Grass type so he was literally missing one of the starter types, so no it's not unlikely that he would skipped out on getting a water type this generation.

Again it could go either way, but you can't really say that it's unlikely that Ash would skipped out on getting a water type pokemon just because it happens to be one of the starter types, when the writers had no problem having Ash skipped out on getting a Grass type in gen 6 which is also one of the starter types. Sure it's possible that he could get a water type, but it's also possible that he could skip out on getting a water type, and him not getting a water type this generation isn't as unlikely as you seem to think.

Here's the thing.

May advertised the 4th generation and 1st generation (remakes)

Dawn Advertised the 2nd generation.

Just because we haven't got generational promotion since then, does not mean they WON'T give 4th generation Pokemon to Ash's companions.

It has happened before, and it also HASN'T happened before, we won't know until the end of the series or what other games have to offer us in the future.

I mean hell Ash debuted a concept that wasn't even in the games, a first EVER, I don't think everything is immediately off the table.

heck for all we know they could throw a curve ball at us and have Ash catch a gen 4 pokemon this generation if we get the D&P remakes this generation. Now I know people like to dismiss that saying it won't happen, but keep in mind that I'm pretty sure that the writers are probably somewhat aware of people thinking that Ash wouldn't get a past gen pokemon that would advertise the current remakes at the time, so it isn't that unrealistic or unbelievable that they would give him one partly because most people aren't expecting him to get one.

Because I mean if you look at they already did generations where Ash's traveling companions were the one to get the pokemon that would advertise the current remakes, and then we got a rival that had pokemon that advertise the current remakes, so if the writers are wanting to be unpredictable we can't just assume that oh if D&P remakes come out that Ash won't get a gen 4 pokemon or that they won't bring one back, as it's really up to the writers.

Last edited:

esquilo09

Except Grass is one of the starter types and that didn't stop Ash from skipping it in gen 6, so I don't know where your getting this whole it's unlikely that he would be missing one of the starters types, when if you look back at his Kalos team he didn't have a Grass type so he was literally missing one of the starter types, so no it's not unlikely that he would skipped out on getting a water type this generation.

Again it could go either way, but you can't really say that it's unlikely that Ash would skipped out on getting a water type pokemon just because it happens to be one of the starter types, when the writers had no problem having Ash skipped out on getting a Grass type in gen 6 which is also one of the starter types. Sure it's possible that he could get a water type, but it's also possible that he could skip out on getting a water type, and him not getting a water type this generation isn't as unlikely as you seem to think.

heck for all we know they could throw a curve ball at us and have Ash catch a gen 4 pokemon this generation if we get the D&P remakes this generation. Now I know people like to dismiss that saying it won't happen, but keep in mind that I'm pretty sure that the writers are probably somewhat aware of people thinking that Ash wouldn't get a past gen pokemon that would advertise the current remakes at the time, so it isn't that unrealistic or unbelievable that they would give him one partly because most people aren't expecting him to get one.

Because I mean if you look at they already did generations where Ash's traveling companions were the one to get the pokemon that would advertise the current remakes, and then we got a rival that had pokemon that advertise the current remakes, so if the writers are wanting to be unpredictable we can't just assume that oh if D&P remakes come out that Ash won't get a gen 4 pokemon or that they won't bring one back, as it's really up to the writers.
Oh...yeah right. So you're saying that instead of one of his classmates to catch a 4th gen Pokémon to promote the remakes, Ash should be the one to catch instead? I doubt about that, but if I'm wrong, I hope it is a Weavile.

Zoruagible

Well to be fair, Grass is a rather boring type. Rather dull they have to give plot device Vine Whip to almost every single one. And Gourgeist and Chespin covered it enough, I actually wanted Phantump but it might have looked a bit dull due to Jessie's Pokemon being the exact same typing and everything considering how much we see it.

There's really only one water type around, who was actually showcased using Water moves(Popplio). Hoping Mareanie gets a Water move in the future, and doesn't end up never using one like Greninja with Dark moves. But the two Water types still available give Ash the Bug type. Even if Lana gets Araquanid, it'd still be different enough due to us not seeing it that much, and it would take awhile for Ash to evolve Wimpod and get a Water move of his own anyways. Ash could use a new Bug type.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Ash is already advertising D&P. He is travelling with rotom.

ShadowForce720

Well to be fair, Grass is a rather boring type. Rather dull they have to give plot device Vine Whip to almost every single one. And Gourgeist and Chespin covered it enough, I actually wanted Phantump but it might have looked a bit dull due to Jessie's Pokemon being the exact same typing and everything considering how much we see it.

There's really only one water type around, who was actually showcased using Water moves(Popplio). Hoping Mareanie gets a Water move in the future, and doesn't end up never using one like Greninja with Dark moves. But the two Water types still available give Ash the Bug type. Even if Lana gets Araquanid, it'd still be different enough due to us not seeing it that much, and it would take awhile for Ash to evolve Wimpod and get a Water move of his own anyways. Ash could use a new Bug type.

Sure Ash could get a Bug type this region but that doesn't necessarily mean that he will get Dewpider, or Wimpod, as he could easily get Grubbin or Cutiefly instead which would still give him a Bug type. Just because 2 of the remaining Water types Dewpider and Wimpod happen to be duel water types does not necessarily mean Ash is going to get either of them after all if you look at gen 6 just because Phantump was part Ghost type instead of being pure Grass type didn't stop Ash from not catching it.

Yes it's possible that Ash could get a water type this generation but it's also possible that he might just skip it all together. In regards to Grass being a boring typing because of most of the main cast Grass types having Vine Whip, you can pretty much say the same thing about Fire and Water types then because of most of them having Flamethrower, Bubble beam, or Water Gun.

Plus if we look at it Water typing this generation is pretty much in the same position as Grass was in gen 6, where every thing type wise that Water would cover has already been covered by the pokemon Ash is currently has and are hinted or confirmed to get.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I honestly want Ash to get a gen 4 pokemon if we do get DP remakes, because i'm tired of the "Oh we need to only see the new guys!" logic.

seriously since gen 5 people have only cared about the new pokemon and not the older ones anime wise, makes you wonder why the older ones should even exist anymore in the anime if the new ones are supposed to get all the attention and be shoved in our faces all the time.

When it comes to Ash, it's hard to get attached to his pokemon because if their going to be oaked, we're likely to never see em again, and he's got so many now it's hard to see him actually call them all back, the only real chances they have outside of filler arcs are leagues, and it's always debated because "Oh this team helped him here they should handle it." I think clearing all obstacles (gyms and in this case trials) is good enough for the regional team.

I know that the mindset is "oh we need to premote new stuff!" but you can still do it with the older guys, I mean heck Z-moves unlike mega evolution are practically made for everyone, so I don't see why they can't let some older pokemon get attention because of those moves.

Rant aside, I'm not happy about Rockruff(hopefully this means no Mudbray though), if Ash got one it should've been a wild one or given to him sooner, not one handed to him this long after bonding, because I feel that's lazy, you can argue Oshawott but it joined up with Ash pretty quickly, if Rockruff had joined Ash sooner it wouldn't be as big of an issue to me.

As far as water types go, when you consider what Greninja did, I can not honestly see any of the new guys topping that, so why bother? he didn't get a grass type in Kalos so maybe it's water's turn to sit out, and ride pokemon more than cover the travel issues.

MegaSalamence05

3 are confirmed for the first set - Pikachu, Rowlet and Rockruff

Just like Pikachu, Froakie and Fletchling would you see a Bonding episode in the cards between the 3 Pokemon.

Even if it was after a loss (I know its still early but still Ash has to lose a trial eventually am I right). So that right now this is what I'm holding out hope for when Olivia becomes a factor. If Ash loses to Olivia and having to refocus. With Rockruff being responsible and potentially evolving as a result. But I don't see why the forms of Lycanroc can't be reversed in any case its more of an opportunity than anything what if Olivia had both versions of Lycanroc being the first to have two different variants of the same pokemon?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If Ash loses to a Kahuna, I'm actually predicting he loses to Nanu. I imagine Ash will have Torracat by then, and it will lose to Alolan Persian. Then, there's like five episodes before he rematches Nanu which involve Torracat evolving to Incineroar and (maybe) Ash getting the Incinium-Z. Then, in the rematch, we see Incineroar vs. Alolan Persian, with Incineroar winning using Malicious Moonsault.

But losing to Olivia is plausible, too. :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nah, I don't think that Ash is going to catch a Water type in Alola. The Water types in Alola are quite boring(Popplio line is good, but doesn't suit Ash and Lana has one), so I think that he would be better capturing some Pokemon with a typing he hasn't. After Greninja being one of Ash's most developed and powerful fully evolved starters in the previous region, I can see the writers making Ash skip the Water types here.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I only think he will because what's he getting from Totem Wishiwashi otherwise? If he doesn't get a Water type, he might as well not get the Waterium-Z at all.

Also, "boring" is completely subjective.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I only think he will because what's he getting from Totem Wishiwashi otherwise? If he doesn't get a Water type, he might as well not get the Waterium-Z at all.
Well, maybe one of his Pokemon will know a Water type move? Oh yes, and Tapu Koko is there! It will replace Waterium-Z with some other Z-crystal that Ash can use xD.

Also, "boring" is completely subjective.

I know that.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, maybe one of his Pokemon will know a Water type move? Oh yes, and Tapu Koko is there! It will replace Waterium-Z with some other Z-crystal that Ash can use xD.
Of the Alolan Pokemon, the only non-Water types that can use the Waterium-Z are Silvally, Crabrawler/Crabominable, Dhelmise, and Drampa. Silvally is not happening, Dhelmise is unlikely because Ash already has a Grass type, and Drampa can only the Waterium-Z because it can use Surf, a move that's rarely seen in the anime. Crabrawler/Crabominable is possible, but I'm also assuming that Ash isn't getting the Fightinium-Z at all. I don't see the writers so desperate to not give Ash Dewpider or Wimpod that they give him Crabrawler solely to shoehorn the Waterium-Z on it.

Your second suggestion is not impossible, but it would get repetitive to see that happen over and over again. And no matter how capricious it is, I don't think Tapu Koko would abandon its own island just because of Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.