• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wimpod's moveset will most likely include TM moves too but overall I'm thinking its going to be either scenario 2 or 3 although I'm rooting for 2 myself.

It doesn't get many tm-moves either.. well.. Scald, Struggle Bug, Hidden Power and Sand Attack could work..

Or just go with Dewpider that's probably got a lot of Corphish-like sass..

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
It doesn't get many tm-moves either.. well.. Scald, Struggle Bug, Hidden Power and Sand Attack could work..

Or just go with Dewpider that's probably got a lot of Corphish-like sass..

Yeah... dewpider is no doubt a better option. But unlike corphish, i don't want it to remain unevolved throughout the series.

desdar300

Spider Fighting is a thing in Japan so Dewpider could happen and it would allow Ash to use the Water Z move right off the back.
That said, I think Wimpod is just a much better choice because the writers could do much more with it as a character while potentially giving Ash some interesting interactions with Guzma.

esquilo09

I really cannot imagine Ash staying with a non-evolved Wimpod.This thing only knows Struggle Bug and Sand Attack the only stat which is high is its speed while all the others are below average.So I can think three possible scenarios:
1)Either Guzma will have a shining Golisopod,which will have a rivarly with Ash's one.
2)Ash goes with Dewpider->Araquanid (the most possible scenario for me).
3)Ash won't catch a water-type pokemon in Alola.

I choose scenario #2.

World Turtle

I really cannot imagine Ash staying with a non-evolved Wimpod.This thing only knows Struggle Bug and Sand Attack the only stat which is high is its speed while all the others are below average.So I can think three possible scenarios:
1)Either Guzma will have a shining Golisopod,which will have a rivarly with Ash's one.
2)Ash goes with Dewpider->Araquanid (the most possible scenario for me).
3)Ash won't catch a water-type pokemon in Alola.

No Ash would have the Shiny Golisopod. Shiny Wimpod looks like Ash's hat (the BW version anyways). I can just imagine it clinging to his head.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Ash will probably get Crabrawler which has Water type moves and will evolve into an Ice type too so will have triple type advantage of Fighting, Water and Ice in it's arsenal which can only be a good thing.

DavidD001

I just don't see Crabrawler/Crabominable as pokemon for Ash.
Although I do see Dewpider/Araquanid with Ash though since the Dewpider/Araquanid line is pretty speedy and it would fit his battling style.

Janovy

Banned
Although I do see Dewpider/Araquanid with Ash though since the Dewpider/Araquanid line is pretty speedy and it would fit his battling style.
Really? For me it's the exact opposite.

Crabrawler seems to have a lively personality judging by its descriptions and with Ash's history of having Pokemon like Corphish, it would be a perfect fit.

Dewpider on the other hand seems...completely uninteresting.

DavidD001

I dont wanna see Ash with more crabs. He's got enough crabs for now...why not something different with a spider based pokemon which is something he hasnt had yet.

Janovy

Banned
I dont wanna see Ash with more crabs. He's got enough crabs for now...why not something different with a spider based pokemon which is something he hasnt had yet.
I just don't think it fits Ash. It doesn't have enough personality for me.

If Ash should get Water/Bug, I'd rather he got Wimpod/Golisopod. He hasn't had that type of Pokemon either.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I don't see Ash with either. None of them are Ash material, and he has enough crabs. Crabrawler will never be as cool as Corphish is.

DavidD001

If Ash should get Water/Bug, I'd rather he got Wimpod/Golisopod. He hasn't had that type of Pokemon either.

Wimpod/Golisopod is the ace of Guzma the Skull Boss...which Ash doesnt really get pokemon that the evil boss owns.
But Dewpider/Araquanid is the best chance for Ash for a Water-type as the others are not good on land due to being fish or owned by Lana so far.

I don't see Ash with either. None of them are Ash material, and he has enough crabs. Crabrawler will never be as cool as Corphish is.

Ash goes for primarily speedy pokemon which Dewpider/Araquanid clearly are or as others have said...Ash could just skip the Water-type this region.

Spyro39

Ash goes for primarily speedy pokemon which Dewpider/Araquanid clearly are or as others have said...Ash could just skip the Water-type this region.

I'm with this choice. None of the Water-type Pokemon here seem to fit as a member of Ash or are already owned by another trainer. If Ash didn't capture any Grass-type Pokemon in Kalos, then perhaps he won't capture a Water-type Pokemon in Alola.

JD

What do you mean it "doesn't have enough personality" it hasn't even shown up in the anime yet, and we can see in Pokemon Refresh that it is expressive

As for Wimpod or Golispod maybe, I'm more in favor of Dewpider/Araquanid because the Wimpod line has that weirdl ability I'm not sure how it would work on Ash's team. I guess they could just have it get tired after battling for a while or something; but I'd rather it show up with Guzma since its his signature Pokemon.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I said this months ago but if Ash has to have a water type and none of the new ones suite him, just bring back the frog and call it a day

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And again I ask: what is an "Ash" Pokenon anyway? What does suit Ash? I bet I'd get different answers from all of you because there are no tangible qualities that make a Pokemon "suit" Ash. So saying Ash won't get Dewpider because it doesn't suit him doesn't fly.

And I do think a lot of people just say that because they don't like a specific Pokemon and don't want Ash to catch it.

That said, I agree that Dewpider itself is rather uninteresting, but given its conflicting Pokedex entries, Araquanid could be a different. At the very least, it being this very caring Pokemon that tries to protect weaker Pokemon but instead harms said weaker Pokemon could lead to some comical situations, and that could be something Ash could work with.

Also, Araquanid has a base speed stat of 42. It is not speedy.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Foregone conclusion that Ash will have the Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff and Litten lines. If he does something likely by getting a Water type its likely to be Dewpider. Question remains on who Pokemon number six will be

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
And again I ask: what is an "Ash" Pokenon anyway? What does suit Ash?

Simple. A pokemon Ash takes interests in and catches.

If you want a serious answer, then we would need to look at the personality of the pokemon in question for it to be considered an Ash pokemon.

Red and Blue

If you want a serious answer, then we would need to look at the personality of the pokemon in question for it to be considered an Ash pokemon.
But all of Ash's Pokemon have had divisive and different personalities. It's hard to pin down a specific personality that suites Ash

xNidoQueen

Ash's Pokemon have a wide array of personalities and some even have no personality at all(tauros). It's really a weak point to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.