• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Yeah, I really wish Ash finally gets those types which he doesn't have so far. But I really doubt that the writers will break the trend of Pikachu being Ash's only Electric type Pokemon.

I don't see any reason why Ash couldn't get another Electric type especially since in Vikavol's case, the Electric typing is it's secondary typing while it's primary typing is Bug, so while it may have 1 Electric type move and even use the Electric type Z-move they could still focus on it's Bug typing.

Plus it would be nice to see as it could use an Electric type move that Pikachu will most likely never use. Also as for doubting that the writers would break that fan-made pattern, that's pretty much the exact same thing about the other fan-made patterns and that didn't stop them from breaking.

In all reality the only people that probably care about Pikachu staying the only Electric type on Ash's teams would be the fans that came up with that fan-made pattern, in all reality Ash having Pikachu would most likely not stop Ash from getting another Electric type.

Look speculating on what Pokémon Ash could have using some patterns is nice and all but I really which some people in here would stop acting like the fan-made patterns are somehow the be-all and end all to what happens in the show and what Pokémon Ash gets.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't see any reason why Ash couldn't get another Electric type especially since in Vikavol's case, the Electric typing is it's secondary typing while it's primary typing is Bug, so while it may have 1 Electric type move and even use the Electric type Z-move they could still focus on it's Bug typing.

Plus it would be nice to see as it could use an Electric type move that Pikachu will most likely never use. Also as for doubting that the writers would break that fan-made pattern, that's pretty much the exact same thing about the other fan-made patterns and that didn't stop them from breaking.

In all reality the only people that probably care about Pikachu staying the only Electric type on Ash's teams would be the fans that came up with that fan-made pattern, in all reality Ash having Pikachu would most likely not stop Ash from getting another Electric type.

Look speculating on what Pokémon Ash could have using some patterns is nice and all but I really which some people in here would stop acting like the fan-made patterns are somehow the be-all and end all to what happens in the show and what Pokémon Ash gets.
But this particular pattern seems somehow a bit rigid to break. So far, other than Pikachu, no other Pokemon of Ash hasn't even used an Electric type move. Maybe this is an indication the writers probably don't intend to give Ash a second Electric type Pokemon or a second Pokemon which can use an Electric type move.

MattySadler

Patterns aren't "fan-made" lol

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Why are people still pushing for Grubbin? I'm so confused. Isn't that scene over already? Not that I'm opposed to Grubbin or having another Electric-type in his team, but it's not exactly moot at this point.

Another thing that might hold back the starters in Ash's team from evolving is continuity. The writers did acknowledge that they gave Ash a powerful team in the Pokemon XY series, consequently and unintentionally dismissing the continuity or shoutouts to his Pokemon from the previous sagas (I believe there was an interview on this about the lack of shoutouts to Ash's past Pokemon). What I mean is that since the writers are obviously not gonna let that happen again this time, Ash might bring back his previous Pokemon for an episode or in the Alola League. That means that it doesn't necessarily require him to have a fully-evolved team, although that is purely speculative and I have no grounds to prove that.

I personally would want to see Decidueye and Incineroar in his team, though. I'm fine if none of those two evolves, but just please for the love of Arceus do not let them stay in their second stages.

phantasystar69

Why are people still pushing for Grubbin? I'm so confused. Isn't that scene over already? Not that I'm opposed to Grubbin or having another Electric-type in his team, but it's not exactly moot at this point.

Another thing that might hold back the starters in Ash's team from evolving is continuity. The writers did acknowledge that they gave Ash a powerful team in the Pokemon XY series, consequently and unintentionally dismissing the continuity or shoutouts to his Pokemon from the previous sagas (I believe there was an interview on this about the lack of shoutouts to Ash's past Pokemon). What I mean is that since the writers are obviously not gonna let that happen again this time, Ash might bring back his previous Pokemon for an episode or in the Alola League. That means that it doesn't necessarily require him to have a fully-evolved team, although that is purely speculative and I have no grounds to prove that.

I personally would want to see Decidueye and Incineroar in his team, though. I'm fine if none of those two evolves, but just please for the love of Arceus do not let them stay in their second stages.

The XY team was very comparable to the DP Team, so it's not like it was an overpowered team. The main difference is that he used his reserves during the league in DP. Ash has a lot of experience and it is expected that his future teams get stronger. He was in the league finals last time. You can't have him go backwards. He needs to win a league eventually (in my lifetime).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The XY team was very comparable to the DP Team, so it's not like it was an overpowered team. The main difference is that he used his reserves during the league in DP. Ash has a lot of experience and it is expected that his future teams get stronger. He was in the league finals last time. You can't have him go backwards. He needs to win a league eventually (in my lifetime).

You plan on living until 5874 AD then?

dp045

What pokémon would be the "clown" of this generation? I mean, the one who was supposed to contribute more to the humor during the saga, if for example in OS was Psyduck, DP was Pipplup, BW was Oshawott, XY was Chespin and now in SM Could it be Rowlet? If so, perhaps that condemns the owl to condemn not to evolve. Well, anyway at least one of the starters remains in its first stage the whole generation, with the exception of AG where all three evolved (although Mudkip remained so for more than 100 episodes).
To whom I lie? I wanted someone from the main group to have Primarina to perform the Genkidama / Spirt Bomb (Oceanic Opertta) but maybe the exclusive Move-z of the end players of lso starters will be kept for random characters from the next movie about Alola.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
What pokémon would be the "clown" of this generation? I mean, the one who was supposed to contribute more to the humor during the saga, if in OS it was Psyduck, DP was Pipplup, BW was Oshawott and in XY it was Chespin and in SM Could it be Rowlet? If so maybe that would condemn you to not evolve. Well, anyway at least one of the initials remain in its first stage the whole generation, with the exception of AG where the tre evolved (although Mudkip remained so for more than 100 episodes).
To whom I lie? I wanted someone from the main group to have Primarina to perform the Genkidama / Spirt Bomb (Oceanic Opertta) but maybe the exclusive Move-z of the end players of lso starters will be kept for random characters from the next movie about Alola.

Well, Rowlet has been the clown so far, but I really hope that it evolves into a badass Decidueye(retaining some of its quirky personality).

dp045

Well, Rowlet has been the clown so far, but I really hope that it evolves into a badass Decidueye(retaining some of its quirky personality).

Well, hope is the last thing that is lost. But I see more likely a Torracat / Incinerate as the "bad ***" of Ash in Alola than the ghost archer. In fact, I think Decidueye works better with some rival of Ash.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well, hope is the last thing that is lost. But I see more likely a Torracat / Incinerate as the "bad ***" of Ash in Alola than the ghost archer. In fact, I think Decidueye works better with some rival of Ash.

Incineroar will be a change from Ash's usual regional starter aces- a bulky wrestler who relies more on attack and defence rather than speed and evasion. But if Decidueye is the ace, then it will continue the trend of Ash's speedy and flashy starter aces like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Greninja. I wouldn't mind it either way, though.

dp045

Incineroar will be a change from Ash's usual regional starter aces- a bulky wrestler who relies more on attack and defence rather than speed and evasion. But if Decidueye is the ace, then it will continue the trend of Ash's speedy and flashy starter aces like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Greninja. I wouldn't mind it either way, though.

In fact, Charizard was more brute force than speed and reflexes compared to others. Well, it could be that only Litten evolve to Torracat because the truth is that Ash does not need strong pokémon in Alola if he would already have the help of 4 other characters that could help him in the fighting and it does not seem that there is some Alola Challenge that requires an extensive training for the coach of Kanto and force their pokémon to evolve to be stronger, if with the Move-Z would have more than enough.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
In fact, Charizard was more brute force than speed and reflexes compared to others. Well, it could be that only Litten evolve to Torracat because the truth is that Ash does not need strong pokémon in Alola if he would already have the help of 4 other characters that could help him in the fighting and it does not seem that there is some Alola Challenge that requires an extensive training for the coach of Kanto and force their pokémon to evolve to be stronger, if with the Move-Z would have more than enough.

Charizard's Seismic Toss was a classic example of the combination of aerial speed and brute force.

To fight Ultra Beasts Ash will probably need some fully evolved powerful Pokemon besides Z-moves. Unless Pikachu pulls of some godly feat or Greninja comes back to help Ash, I can't see how Ash will fight the UB's with unevolved Pokemon.

dp045

Charizard's Seismic Toss was a classic example of the combination of aerial speed and brute force.

To fight Ultra Beasts Ash will probably need some fully evolved powerful Pokemon besides Z-moves. Unless Pikachu pulls of some godly feat or Greninja comes back to help Ash, I can't see how Ash will fight the UB's with unevolved Pokemon.

Actually, the Move-Z offer a great potential thrust to be able to cause a great damage and already with only Pikachu would be enough so that Ash could face the UB's, after all the level of the rat is greater or less according to the convenience Of the plot. And if not, you could still have a Kommo-o to function as the tank of the generation.

Charizard's Seismic Toss was the only one where Charizard took advantage of the speed of flight he had, but still it prized more brute force with the Flamethrower or the physical attacks he used, as in the battle against Blaine's Magmar or Gary's Blastoside.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I agree. Ash will probably need fully evolved Pokémon to battle the Ultra Beasts or else he will need a lot of *** pulls and Deus Ex Machinas. Z-moves are not guaranteed OHKO moves, so they alone are probably not enough to defeat the Ultra Beasts. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of Ash's team will fully evolve, and I'm sure all of his team will evolve at least once.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Actually, the Move-Z offer a great potential thrust to be able to cause a great damage and already with only Pikachu would be enough so that Ash could face the UB's, after all the level of the rat is greater or less according to the convenience Of the plot. And if not, you could still have a Kommo-o to function as the tank of the generation.

Charizard's Seismic Toss was the only one where Charizard took advantage of the speed of flight he had, but still it prized more brute force with the Flamethrower or the physical attacks he used, as in the battle against Blaine's Magmar or Gary's Blastoside.

Z-moves are tankable and evadable, and they are only one-time moves. I highly doubt that unevolved Pokemon with Z-moves can put up a fight against UBs. Pikachu at its best can hold its own, and maybe if Greninja comes back for the UB arc, it can hold its own in its synchro form. So I think that to stand a chance against the UBs Ash will need a party of fully evolved Pokemon with Z-moves. And so, maybe because of that, Ash will need a party of fully evolved Pokemon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
He won't need fully evolved Pokemon, just Pokemon that are developed fully (as in, have a lot of battling experience). Maybe not even as much if the Island Guardians lend a hand in helping them out.

dp045

He won't need fully evolved Pokemon, just Pokemon that are developed fully (as in, have a lot of battling experience). Maybe not even as much if the Island Guardians lend a hand in helping them out.

Well, the truth is yes. Although it has been years since one of the Pokemon of Ash had a good development as a character without evolving. In my opinion, I think the last one was Buizel, because if he saw a change while traveling with Ash, although most of the time the Pokémon of that coach remain static and lastly they function more as tools than as true companions.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I agree. Ash will probably need fully evolved Pokémon to battle the Ultra Beasts or else he will need a lot of *** pulls and Deus Ex Machinas. Z-moves are not guaranteed OHKO moves, so they alone are probably not enough to defeat the Ultra Beasts. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of Ash's team will fully evolve, and I'm sure all of his team will evolve at least once.

We can also expect to see Tapu Koko's Z-move with Ash at some point in the UB arc due to their huge buildup.

ShadowForce720

But this particular pattern seems somehow a bit rigid to break. So far, other than Pikachu, no other Pokemon of Ash hasn't even used an Electric type move. Maybe this is an indication the writers probably don't intend to give Ash a second Electric type Pokemon or a second Pokemon which can use an Electric type move.

Not really especially considering how long it took for Ash to get a Rock type and Dark type Pokémon, the only reason why Ash hasn't got another Electric type yet or have another Pokémon use a Electric type move is more likely the case of the writers having some different choices in mind for Ash's team in the last 6 generations.

Patterns aren't "fan-made" lol

That's one of the exact same thing that some people try to use to defend fan-made patterns.

For example some people tried to say that Ash getting a Grass, Water, Fire type along with the regional bird each generation and that it's not a fan-made pattern and that the writers really care about it yet in gen 6 that pattern was easily broken.

No matter how you look at it the fact the writers have started to break more patterns now and that it has become even harder to predict Ash's tea, shows that the writers don't really care about the patterns that some fans think that the writers care about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.