• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I just want Pikachu to shine

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I have no idea why people want Lycanroc to be the ace besides preference. At least with either Rowlet or Litten it makes sense due to their signature Z moves
People are tired of the starters being favored all the time, and Lycanroc is popular. In Incineroar's case, a lot of people don't like Incineroar because they wanted Litten to stay on four legs the entire way through.

It's just a case of "I don't like this Pokemon, so I don't want Ash to have it"/"I like this Pokemon, so I want Ash to have it/be the ace" really.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
People are tired of the starters being favored all the time, and Lycanroc is popular. In Incineroar's case, a lot of people don't like Incineroar because they wanted Litten to stay on four legs the entire way through.

It's just a case of "I don't like this Pokemon, so I don't want Ash to have it"/"I like this Pokemon, so I want Ash to have it/be the ace" really.

I prefer Decidueye over Incineroar, but that doesn't factor into my preference for which one is the regional ace, and I could care less about Litten staying on four legs for the entire series. It's just that, personally, I think it would be a nice change for a non-starter to be the regional ace, since the majority of the aces are starters and there apparently seems to be some debate over Krookodile's ace status. Among the Pokémon Ash currently has and their evolved forms, I think Lycanroc would be a nice choice for regional ace.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I know Pikachu always fills this role, but I'd love another pokemon that seems very underwhelming to be Ash's regional ace. Like if he caught a Cutiefly, evolved it, and that was the ace :p

I atleast hope Ash catches another small fry that is a skilled battler.

Everything12

From what Iv'e seen so far of the Pokemon in the series I think Litten will fully evolve to Incineroar, Rowlet will at least fully evolve to Decidueye as the regional bird and at least be as okay as a bird is, Rockruff will fully evolve, though I don't know which form it will be but I prefer Midday.

For the ace I say at the moment both Pikachu and Litten have a good chance based on what we've seen so far. Rowlet has a smaller chance to be the ace, even if its my favourite starter, and is more likely to be the bird which at least, based on past regional birds, means he won't end up like suicide mountain. At the moment I won't rule out Lycanroc as the ace but nothing from the what it's done so far really screams ace to me.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I prefer Decidueye over Incineroar, but that doesn't factor into my preference for which one is the regional ace, and I could care less about Litten staying on four legs for the entire series. It's just that, personally, I think it would be a nice change for a non-starter to be the regional ace, since the majority of the aces are starters and there apparently seems to be some debate over Krookodile's ace status. Among the Pokémon Ash currently has and their evolved forms, I think Lycanroc would be a nice choice for regional ace.
Just so you know, I wasn't specifically referring to you when I posted that. But it's easy to see things that way sometimes. After all, it's only natural to want the Pokemon we like to get featured prominently in the anime.

I prefer Decidueye over Incineroar myself but I don't hate Incineroar either, so I don't mind it being the ace. And I care far more about battle style than I do about type. Ash may have a lot of Fire types, but that doesn't mean Incineroar will fight the same way:
- It can't fly, unlike Charizard and Talonflame
- It's much bigger than Cyndaquil and Quilava and is not a quadruped
- It is not a tanky Pokemon, unlike Torkoal
- It is not fast and agile, unlike Infernape
- Again, it's bigger than Pignite and has much longer limbs, so it could probably make better use of them than Pignite did. It also has fangs and claws to work with, unlike Pignite

I feel like Incineroar would be kind of like a mix between Charizard and Pignite, except for the fact that it can't fly, of course.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just so you know, I wasn't specifically referring to you when I posted that. But it's easy to see things that way sometimes. After all, it's only natural to want the Pokemon we like to get featured prominently in the anime.

I prefer Decidueye over Incineroar myself but I don't hate Incineroar either, so I don't mind it being the ace. And I care far more about battle style than I do about type. Ash may have a lot of Fire types, but that doesn't mean Incineroar will fight the same way:
- Again, it's bigger than Pignite and has much longer limbs, so it could probably make better use of them than Pignite did. It also has fangs and claws to work with, unlike Pignite

I feel like Incineroar would be kind of like a mix between Charizard and Pignite, except for the fact that it can't fly, of course.

Can't Ash just have 6 aces? Decidueye, Incineroar, Lycanroc (Midnight, though I wish it was the shiny version), Pikachu (of course0, ummm, Drampa and Pyukumuku, because both would be odd and hilarious choices.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Greninja's Dark typing was ignored, though.

And Charizard was the ace of Johto. Most of the notable things it did was in Johto. In Kanto, it was disobedient most of the time.

We're going regional now? Well Charizard was Kanto's ace while it overshadowed the Johto pokemon in Johto. But going by this, Pikachu should be Unova's ace because Peakachu is stronger than all Unova mons?
Meh let's do one region for the aces.

DatsRight

Charizard's track record was also good in Orange Islands (if we count it) since that was where it's behaviour improved and it was still permanently with Ash (while it was only a part time traveller in Johto, if still performing well whenever it was there).

Is it safe to call Charizard male by the way? I mean it had Charla fawning over it anyway.

I know Pikachu always fills this role, but I'd love another pokemon that seems very underwhelming to be Ash's regional ace. Like if he caught a Cutiefly, evolved it, and that was the ace :p

I atleast hope Ash catches another small fry that is a skilled battler.

That's part why I wouldn't mind the OS treatment where only the token amount evolve, or we at least get a couple of unevolved 'mon that aren't just comic relief.

I can see Rockruff evolving and likely becoming powerful since it's very Pokemon and dex entries practically build up to that (as much as I like Rockruff as is). Same if Ash got a bug Pokemon like Grubbin, since it just tends to be natural standard (as much as I'd love Ash to raise a powerhouse Weedle :D). Rowlet and Litten however seem free game, there could be benefits to them evolving, but nothing feels like it would be drastically lost if they stayed as they were but got the same skill and move set boost.

It does feel fitting to Ash's character in SM, who himself is pretty much a silly kid that is much more experienced and smart than he makes himself out to be at face value.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
We're going regional now? Well Charizard was Kanto's ace while it overshadowed the Johto pokemon in Johto. But going by this, Pikachu should be Unova's ace because Peakachu is stronger than all Unova mons?
Meh let's do one region for the aces.

You're missing the point. Majority of the notable things Charizard did was in Johto(as it was mostly disobedient in Kanto). Defeating Falkner's Pidgeot and Clair's Dragonair, and then an MVP performance in the Johto League in the match vs Gary. Charizard hardly did anything noteworthy in Kanto. It did something more noteworthy in the Orange Islands, but still not ace worthy. So if we have to call Charizard an ace, we will have to call it the ace of Johto(as it did most of its notable things in Johto).

Last edited:

satobato

Pokemon master

I agree with this.I don't know why people are not wanting litten to be ace.
If they don't want to see litten or rowlet fully evolve.They are just going to see another defeat of ash in league

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
If they don't want to see litten or rowlet fully evolve.They are just going to see another defeat of ash in league

Well, i don't think whether starters are evolving or not will matter in the winning or losing of ash in the league. Ash had enough evolved pokemon to win the league.
That being said, i too would like to see a fully evolved team just like xy.

satobato

Pokemon master
Well, i don't think whether starters are evolving or not will matter in the winning or losing of ash in the league. Ash had enough evolved pokemon to win the league.
That being said, i too would like to see a fully evolved team just like xy.

It matters .In Unova none of starter fully evolved and ash didn't won.He didn't even get in top 8

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It matters .In Unova none of starter fully evolved and ash didn't won.He didn't even get in top 8

Well, he did get in Top 8 actually. Anyway I do agree that most of Ash's team should Evolve in a region.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hey, a new episode is coming out possibly featuring Sandyghast. Do you think Ash should get one?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I think Krookodile was meant to be the closest Pokemon to an ace, even if it was not so clear-cut. Fully-evolved lizard (like Charizard, OS ~ BW). Good wins near the tail end of the series. That XY pre-episode quiz that showed all of Ash's regional aces included Krookodile. Pignite was like the Bulbasaur, Swellow, or Hawlucha type (even if not on the same pedigree as the first two) of reliable battlers.

Man, I hope not. Ash has too many good Fire-types and doesn't need yet another ace of that ilk.

Probably, but in that case they failed horribly. Good wins? Tell me which, in fact, I'll tell you: none. Dragonite? That thing was rampaging and didn't even see straight. Sawk? It finished off the job that Leavanny did for it. Both are overrated wins by any stretch. That leaves the battle vs. Brycen's Beartic, which was nice, but that's basically its only true feat, because Stephan's Liepard wasn't really that special.

Honestly, it was just a hypothetical. But my preferred team is still Decidueye, Torracat, Lycanroc Midday, Araquanid, Hakamo-o.

Disagreed. Charizard was the ace of Johto. Because most of the notable things it did was in Johto- defeating Falkner's Pidgeot, Claire's Dragonair and an MVP performance in the Johto League in the match vs Gary. In Kanto, it was mostly disobedient. No Pokemon caught in Johto by Ash were ace strong. And Pignite was a consistent Pokemon, but clearly not strong enough to be an ace.

Pignite not strong enough to be the ace? Hell it was. It took down an Hydreigon and then it took down a Ferrothorn. It had far more wins then Krookodile, which is by far the most overrated supposed ace in this show. It's like saying that Heracross or Glalie were the aces of Johto and Hoenn. Yes they were strong, but not absurd strong like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Greninja, or they did not carry the team in the way an ace should.

Didn't we get a picture back in XY&Z of Ash's regional aces? It had Krookodile and not Pignite. And I would argue that Charizard was the Johto ace.

Anyways, after having a full series of Ash having his team evolved all the way through, I don't wanna go back to an un evolved mess. Fully evolved team or burst.

Link please. Still, if so, then Krookodile really underperformed as an ace: Beartic, Dragonite*, Liepard and a Sawk**

*Wasn't actively listening to commands and just not performing up to snuff at the moment.
**Sawk was already heavily damaged by Leavanny and Krookodile only had to land a single hit.

That's it, I honestly don't remember any more worthwhile battles from this supposed ace.

Ash doesn't need weak Pokemon either (Torkoal), so I don't see your point.

I mean it's not like Torterra was all that impressive.

Count me as triggered.

More like:

Kanto: Charizard
OI: Snorlax
Johto: Heracross
Hoenn: Sceptile
Sinnoh: Infernape:
Unova: Krookodile
Kalos: Greninja

We need more non starter ace pokemon or at least starter with a secondary type Ash doesn't have a strong pokemon with the typing. So please no Incineroar since Greninja already covered the Dark Type Powerhouse. Decidueye would be better since it's ghost type. Lycanroc would be the ideal ace for SM adding a Rock type ace to Ash's arsenal.

Heracross is the strongest thing to come out of Johto, but I wouldn't call it the ace. It didn't have that role during the series at all. If anything, the Johto team doesn't have one, or it's a toss-up between Cyndaquilava or Bayleef. I still disagree with Krookodile being the regional ace of Unova as I don't think it performed to that level at all. It was more like the Glalie of Unova whereas Pignite was the one that had to carry the team time and time again, especially compared to the other regulars that weren't Pikachu.

And Charizard was the ace of Johto. Most of the notable things it did was in Johto. In Kanto, it was disobedient most of the time.

It's still a Kanto pokémon and should be considered with its peers, not the other generations. But more on this at the bottom of this post.

So according to you, hoenn's ace was glalie, because sceptile at that time was still a grovyle and wasn't that impressive.Ace of a region is a strong pokemon caught in that region and if you consider johto, then most powerful pokemon caught in johto was heracross, although it was not used much in battles. Ace of kanto and hoenn are considered including the post league arcs of orange islands and battle frontier respectively.

I too would like to see a non-starter ace, but everytime ash had a non-starter ace, his starters were poorly developed. I don't want starters to remain undeveloped this time.

THIS. 234Ash-Greninja just simply doesn't get it.

Though I'd argue that Heracross wasn't on the team enough to carry it, in fact, it was only ever on the team in compositions with very few Johto Pokémon. During Johto, the Johto-pokémon that carried the team the farthest was definitely Cyndaquil. One might say Bayleef, but it only has a win vs. Bugsy and it took down Chuck, comparatively Cyndaquil just outperformed it, despite being unevolved.

Ash apparently had a non-starter ace during Unova, I don't agree, but what can you do. I wouldn't call Pignite poorly developed, nor greatly developed, but I'd argue that this is not because there was a non-starter ace, but more because Best Wishes as a whole didn't let Ash's team breathe at all which meant that all pokémon were poorly developed.

No but they don't need to be thrown under the bus (evolution-wise) over a fear they MIGHT be the ace.

Nothing wrong them fully evolving, but not being spectacular, I'd rather have them fully evolved and unimpressive, over being unevolved and equally as unimpressive.

Incineroar & Decidueye > Torracat & Dartrix

I for one am not throwing Litten under the bus in fear of it being the ace, the opposite, I'd be fine if Litten were the ace as a Torracat. I just don't think it needs to fully evolve to attain that level.

Actually, stop lowkey ignoring the shaft that Torterra has been getting on these forums for nearly a decade. People think better of Bayleef, Quilava and Pignite then of Torterra. But why? Since Torterra before it evolved had an equal or better trackrecord then some of those mentioned. So yeah, I'd rather have a Torracat that wrecks stuff up, than have another case of having to defend a pokémon that did not equal to the hype it had - and yes, fully evolved starters always have hype to live up to, even when put next to BlazeNape. I'd rather have a goofy, aloof Decidueye that wrecks things with Sinister Arrow Raid and a ferocious Torracat that acts more like the ace in the same way like Tyson's PussInBoots was his ace and how his Metagross was just a strong pokémon on his team or how Pignite acted more like the ace during Best Wishes, rather then the comparatively disappointing Krookodile.

In fact, look at Tyson, dude had a Sceptile, a Metagross and a Meowth and Meowth was the ace. Don't say that his Sceptile was underwhelming since it got KO'd quickly, because it faced Ash's Glalie - which was wrecking the Hoenn League and had a serious type advantage and it still was a draw. So I'd argue that I'd would want to see Decidueye be that "Metagross", Lycanroc be that "Sceptile" and Torracat be that PussInBoots.

If they want to evolve it into Incineroar, well, that's fine. But I don't think it needs to in order to play to role of "ace", and that's what I'm arguing.

Well.....those weren't Pokemon battles, they were Sumo-Wrestling matches xD.

Agreed. By fully evolving, they will get more developed and will be more able to unlock their potential. And if Rowlet and Litten fully evolve to Decidueye and Incineroar, they should fully perform to their potential. If a non-starter becomes the ace, the starters won't probably get proper development and perform to their potential.

Snorlax swept Greta, who used Hariyama and Medicham in the Battle Arena? Maybe that's part of the confusion?

Ridiculous argument. Just because something else gets to be a strong and reliable pokémon somehow means that starters won't get proper development or perform to their full potential?

Apparently, Krookodile is officially the ace of Unova (I disagree), but Pignite has by far the most wins and had a proper resolution to it being abandoned by his former trainer. Just because Charizard fully evolved and became the ace of Kanto (in retrospect), doesn't mean that Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Pidgeotto didn't do most of the work in the battles (Squirtle only became useful during OI).

You're missing the point. Majority of the notable things Charizard did was in Johto(as it was mostly disobedient in Kanto). Defeating Falkner's Pidgeot and Clair's Dragonair, and then an MVP performance in the Johto League in the match vs Gary. Charizard hardly did anything noteworthy in Kanto. It did something more noteworthy in the Orange Islands, but still not ace worthy. So if we have to call Charizard an ace, we will have to call it the ace of Johto(as it did most of its notable things in Johto).

No you are missing the point. If we include other regions, then Pikachu was the ace in Kanto, Pikachu was the ace in Johto, Pikachu was the ace in Hoenn, Infernape was the ace in Sinnoh, Pikachu was the ace in Unova and Greninja was the ace in Kalos, very closely followed by Pikachu. The thing we are discussing is "Ace per team". Yes, Charizard was on the team during Johto, but it was a Kanto-capture. And then what about Sceptile? The most notable thing it did were in Kanto and Sinnoh.. Yeah. What you're arguing simply doesn't give a good image.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I already said why. Some want to see a non-starter ace as a change of pace, some just don't like Incineroar for various reasons. Don't forget, when those leaks came out, everyone hated Incineroar. Because it's not a quadruped tiger, there was a fear of it being the dreaded Fire/Fighting type, some things about its design, etc.

As far as I could tell, people didn't start warming to Incineroar until the trailer that officially revealed the starters came out.

Hey, a new episode is coming out possibly featuring Sandyghast. Do you think Ash should get one?
If the plan is to evolve Rowlet all the way, no. He doesn't need two Ghost types. Just like he didn't need three Flying types in Kalos and three Ground types in Sinnoh.
Wimpod is debuting on SM20 and King Dewpider hasn't. Very interesting.
It's probably not getting caught, so don't think too much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.