• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Imho, the regional aces are these:
Kanto: No one
Orange Islands: No one
Johto: No one
Original Series: Charizard
Hoenn: No one
Kanto Battle Frontier: Sceptile
Sinnoh: Infernape
Unova: Krookodile
Kalos: Greninja
Fixed xD. Actually that's how I see it now.
It took on Gary's Magmar, and despite have a type disadvantage and having a Magmar that had covered itself in fire and then slammed into Heracross and then shooting more fire at it, Heracross was able to break free and then break through a Flamethrower and beat Magmar.

One good win doesn't make it an ace. Hawlucha's win against Spritzee was more impressive than that in my opinion.

Anyway, regarding the ace of Alola, my bets are: Pikachu, Decidueye and Incineroar.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Fixed xD. Actually that's how I see it now.

One good win doesn't make it an ace. Hawlucha's win against Spritzer was more impressive than that in my opinion.

Anyway, regarding the ace of Alola, my bets are: Pikachu, Decidueye and Incineroar.

No, Johto and Hoenn had aces.

Also in regards to Hawlucha's win against Spritzee being more impressive then Heracross's win against Magmar, no because in Hawlucha's case it only got hit once by a super effective move and that was because it got caught off guard and then after that it was easily able to counter all of Spritzee's attacks and then take it out and on top of that Spritzee wasn't even at full health during that battle considering it wound up getting hit by a super effective Steel Wing from Fletchinder.

While in Heracross vs Magmar's case, Heracross was facing a Magmar that had full health, on top that the Magmar used Fire Blast dive into it and then dived into Heracross while being covered in the Fire Blast and proceeding to shoot more fire at Heracross which was doing super effective damage and then despite all this Heracross broke free then broke through a Flamethrower and wound up beating Magmar. Also in Hoenn Swellow had some impressive matches.

Also the whole one win does not make it the ace logic, in regards to that it pretty much does make Heracross the regional ace when that one win was an more impressive feat then any of the other Johto team member's feats at the time.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No, Johto and Hoenn had aces.
Well, even if you say that they had, they were comparatively less noteworthy aces.

Also in regards to Hawlucha's win against Spritzee being more impressive then Heracross's win against Magmar, no because in Hawlucha's case it only got hit once by a super effective move and that was because it got caught off guard and then after that it was easily able to counter all of Spritzee's attacks and then take it out and on top of that Spritzee wasn't even at full health during that battle considering it wound up getting hit by a super effective Steel Wing from Fletchinder.
Fair enough, but I'd argue that Valerie's Spritzee was a bit more tough(especially with Trick Room). Strategically Hawlucha's win was better, but well Heracross's win shows more of its incredible endurance.

While in Heracross vs Magmar's case, Heracross was facing a Magmar that had full health, on top that the Magmar used Fire Blast dive into it and then dived into Heracross while being covered in the Fire Blast and proceeding to shoot more fire at Heracross which was doing super effective damage and then despite all this Heracross broke free then broke through a Flamethrower and wound up beating Magmar. Also in Hoenn Swellow had some impressive matches.
Well, fair enough, but surviving that Fire attack combo seemed a bit DEM for me.
And I certainly think that Swellow is Ash's best regional bird so far.

Also the whole one win does not make it the ace logic, in regards to that it pretty much does make Heracross the regional ace when that one win was an more impressive feat then any of the other Johto team member's feats at the time.

Well, are you sure that Heracross's win surpasses Cyndaquil's consistent performances in the Gym battles?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Well, even if you say that they had, they were comparatively less noteworthy aces.

Fair enough, but I'd argue that Valerie's Spritzee was a bit more tough(especially with Trick Room). Strategically Hawlucha's win was better, but well Heracross's win shows more of its incredible endurances.

Well, fair enough, but surviving that Fire attack combo seemed a bit DEM for me.
And I certainly think that Swellow is Ash's best regional bird so far.

Well, are you sure that Heracross's win surpasses Cyndaquil's consistent performances in the Gym battles?

yeah because, none of Cyndaquil's feats really match up to Heracrosses, considering that most of Cyndaquil's oppenents were pokemon that it had a type advantage against, and also while it was at a disadvantage against Dewgong it didn't really take that much damage as the only hit Dewgong really got off against it was an Aurora Beam which was a move that Cyndaquil had a resistance to.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Ash's aces is a subject I admittedly haven't done much research on and am in no position to do so ATM, but here's what I think they are:
Kanto: Pikachu
OI: Still Pikachu
Johto: Bayleef
Hoenn: Grovyle or Swellow, leaning toward Grovyle
BF: Sceptile, though it's hard to say because Ash used reserves
Unova: Pignite
Alola (so far): Pikachu, but I don't expect this to last

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Aces?
Orange Islands: Charizard
Johto: Heracross
Hoenn: Sceptile
Unova: Krookidile
Kalos: Greninja/Hawlucha(Technically it'd be Hawlucha since he was taken home and still under his ownership)
Alola: Litten? Every third region has a Fire ace? Seems fair

Lycanroc comes off as Tier 2 rather than ace. Or worse another Noivern/Torterra

Oh Arceus.... he better not end up like that. I want to see Ash's Rock type get treated better than his last one.... which isn't hard to beat, but still..... it deserves fair treatment. I want him to be the second most powerful Alola Pokemon, since Litten is looking to be his ace.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash's aces is a subject I admittedly haven't done much research on and am in no position to do so ATM, but here's what I think they are:
OI: Still Pikachu
Johto: Bayleef
Hoenn: Grovyle or Swellow, leaning toward Grovyle
BF: Sceptile, though it's hard to say because Ash used reserves
Unova: Pignite
Alola (so far): Pikachu, but I don't expect this to last

Swellow was certainly more consistent and better than Grovyle in Hoenn.

If we're talking about Ash's regional aces, yeah there are pokemon that would consistently do well in each region so pokemon like Swellow or Pignite can be considered as such. But I think as far as "the" ace for Ash this region (i.e. Charizard, Sceptile, Krookodile, Greninja, Infernape...pokemon that were kinda recognized in that way by the writers), I'd want that to be Lycanroc. Ash's potential Decidueye and Incineroar can have the screentime, battles, and amount of wins similar to what the writers did with Swellow and Pignite in their regions, but I want to see Lycanroc pull a Krookodile. Maybe not in as many battles as the starters, but still has more than enough moments to show that it can be recognized highly. And if the writers did another thing in future generations like they did in XY to kinda hint at some of Ash's top pokemon, Lycanroc can be a pokemon that would be considered too.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If we're talking about Ash's regional aces, yeah there are pokemon that would consistently do well in each region so pokemon like Swellow or Pignite can be considered as such. But I think as far as "the" ace for Ash this region (i.e. Charizard, Sceptile, Krookodile, Greninja, Infernape...pokemon that were kinda recognized in that way by the writers), I'd want that to be Lycanroc. Ash's potential Decidueye and Incineroar can have the screentime, battles, and amount of wins similar to what the writers did with Swellow and Pignite in their regions, but I want to see Lycanroc pull a Krookodile. Maybe not in as many battles as the starters, but still has more than enough moments to show that it can be recognized highly. And if the writers did another thing in future generations like they did in XY to kinda hint at some of Ash's top pokemon, Lycanroc can be a pokemon that would be considered too.

If anything, I'd say Rockruff could be like Hawlucha's level by the end. They both were captured in episodes where they were being trained to overthrow another pokemon, so while they'll be skilled, I can't see that being a pointer to it being ace level.. That's about where the similarities end for the most part, but I can still him being around hawlucha's level. Sometimes a fall guy for the ace, but basically switching with another pokemon for gym wins, like how they did between hawlucha and talonflame.

Everything12

Most people who seem to think it'll be an ace think it'll be one based of personal preference and the fact that it will be different from the other aces, I think the ace could be either Litten based on how much time is being spent on developing it as a character, Rowlet based on how well its battled so far and how well its interacted with Ash, and Pikachu based off obvious reasons. I don't think Lycanroc/Rockruff will be the ace, mostly because it hasn't shown a battle or backstory yet that hints towards it begin an ace yet, though I do think it'll be at least get good development and a decent amount of wins.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Most people who seem to think it'll be an ace think it'll be one based of personal preference and the fact that it will be different from the other aces, I think the ace could be either Litten based on how much time is being spent on developing it as a character, Rowlet based on how well its battled so far and how well its interacted with Ash, and Pikachu based off obvious reasons. I don't think Lycanroc/Rockruff will be the ace, mostly because it hasn't shown a battle or backstory yet that hints towards it begin an ace yet, though I do think it'll be at least get good development and a decent amount of wins.

Rowlett and Litten could be a tag team ace partners :D

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I really like the idea of one of Ash's friends getting an Alolan Meowth. Seeing one Meowth which is a more typical compared to the exceptional Meowth of Team Rocket would be interesting. Question is if this happens, who would have it?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I really like the idea of one of Ash's friends getting an Alolan Meowth. Seeing one Meowth which is a more typical compared to the exceptional Meowth of Team Rocket would be interesting. Question is if this happens, who would have it?

Perhaps even a female Alolan Meowth to emulate Meowzie? I don't think anyone will have one though as the main crew is getting Litten, which I want to be female for unrelated reasons.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Lillie seems like the obvious answer, considering the other Captains specialize in other types.

ShadowForce720

Lillie seems like the obvious answer, considering the other Captains specialize in other types.

yes, but I don't think just because Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow, and Lana happen to focus on another type would really prevent one of them from getting it, after all here are some examples where a companion that focus on a certain type got pokemon that wasn't the type he specialize in:

Cilan: Stunfisk(Ground/Electric), Crustle(Bug/Rock)
Iris: Excadrill(Ground/Steel), Emolga(Electric/Flying)
Clemont: Chespin(Grass), Bunnelby(Normal)
Brock: Croagunk(Poison/Fighting), Crobat(Poison/Flying), Ludicolo(Water/Grass), Fortress(Bug/Steel), Steelix(Steel/Ground), Marshstomp(Water/Ground), Vulpix(Fire(owned Temporarily)), Chansey(Normal)

Also as a side note Misty owned Togepi(Fairy(formerly Normal)) for a while before it evolved into Togetic(Fairy/Flying(formerly Normal/Flying)).

satobato

Pokemon master
litten and rowlet are most deserving to be ace.Rockruff can't be ace.It can become strong but not an ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.