• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

I, too, was unaware of this. However, one can hope that the new format will help with that. After all, there's no League, and there's no pressing reason Ash has to complete the rest of the Trials right now. If something comes up, then the writers can create some catalyst.

However, a third SM game/sequel/whatever is also probably at least 2 years away if there's even going to be one. I'm not worried about it right now.
If they do a SM follow up they'll be in the safe zone but if it's something outside of that then they're S.O.L.

satobato

Pokemon master
Ash should get mid day lycanroc

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Which Lycanroc form do you want Ash to have? Midday or Midnight?
I definitely would like to see Ash have Midday form. Midnight does look kind of cool though, but its eyes make it look like it's possessed. :p

Cat's Eye Draco

I'm kinda hoping for Midday as well, if only for the potential storyline of Rockruff getting wilder as it gets stronger and, consequently, more disobedient, and Ash trying to figure out a way to help it through this difficult time only for Rockruff to "run away" and return as a Lycanroc.

Not that the potential over-eagerness and disobedience of Midnight wouldn't be just as interesting. It's just that every time I think of it I can't shake a nagging feeling of deja vu. Kind of like, "Haven't we already done this?"

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Midday all the way. Its description of being a Pokémon who is utterly loyal to its Trainer (especially if that Trainer puts up with its rebelliousness as a Rockruff) just makes it seem like the perfect Pokémon for someone like Ash, who loves and cares for his Pokémon no matter what crap they give him. I think it suits Ash more than Midnight Lycanroc does.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
As much as I want midnight I'm thinking it'll be midday. Not only does it's description fit better as people have said, but they do most training at day anyways, so to me that implies that it should also evolve during the day. There isn't evidence of that being a true fact at all but it's something that somewhat makes sense. Although I know pokemon can evolve randomly also. Although a lot of pokemon in the anime seem to evolve for a battle, so I guess it could depend when team rocket attacks in that particular episode :p (hopefully it's not just TRio that makes rockruff evolve but I think they have a high percent of making the gangs pokemon evolve compared to not being involved in the evos).

Although midnight is bipedal, which Ash had all bipedal and flyers last gen, I'm not sure if that means anything this gen. I don't think I can put much weight in "this happened last gen so it'll happen this gen" arguments anymore. So I want to say since it was all bipeds last gen, they'll go all bipeds again (my weak argument for midnight), I truly think they'll make note to switch it up this gen and have a more diverse team of pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I would say the same thing Satomine Night said regarding which form of Lysanroc should Ash get. Midday Lysanroc's Pokedex entry perfectly befits an Ash Pokemon, being extremely loyal to its trainer.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
As much as I want midnight I'm thinking it'll be midday. Not only does it's description fit better as people have said, but they do most training at day anyways, so to me that implies that it should also evolve during the day. There isn't evidence of that being a true fact at all but it's something that somewhat makes sense. Although I know pokemon can evolve randomly also. Although a lot of pokemon in the anime seem to evolve for a battle, so I guess it could depend when team rocket attacks in that particular episode :p (hopefully it's not just TRio that makes rockruff evolve but I think they have a high percent of making the gangs pokemon evolve compared to not being involved in the evos).

Moon needs more love. Midnight and Lunala (whenever they get to that) please. If only Midnight form wasn't red...

dp045

Midday all the way. Its description of being a Pokémon who is utterly loyal to its Trainer (especially if that Trainer puts up with its rebelliousness as a Rockruff) just makes it seem like the perfect Pokémon for someone like Ash, who loves and cares for his Pokémon no matter what crap they give him. I think it suits Ash more than Midnight Lycanroc does.

Because the truth depending on the quadruped pokémon is easier or difficult to encourage movements of movement such as running or walking, as well as if it is very bulky. If Rockruff evolves the best it could be to us Middnight form since it can be animated as a biped pokémon, although in any case in my opinion as animan to Rockruff I think that it is well and perhaps opt for the easy thing and I decide not to evolve it by that.

PS: According to the Merchandise Is it Possible for Ash to Capture a Sandygast in Episode 22?

World Turtle

I've been thinking what if they're not breaking any supposed patterns what if they didn't give Ash a grass-type in XY or the regional bird in SM because the writers just didn't like them? Maybe they didn't feel they were the sort of Grass or Bird Ash gets.

Toucannon is overall very different from Ash's previous birds (who have more 'bird of prey' traits). If I was't told it was the regional bird I'd assume it was just the Chatot of SM. Also having a Grass/Flying Starter would make giving him another bird perhaps redundant. Decidueye just looks more like a bird he'd catch. Especially after Talonflame.

Same for Grass-all of his Grass Types by that point had been reptiles and starters. When I compare this trend with his Fire Types and Water Types I can also see they have connection between them as well.

What I mean is I can literally pair Ash's Water Types up: Reptiles (Squirtle, Lapras, Totodile), Crustaceans (Kingler, Corphish), Mustelids (Buizel, Oshawott), and Frogs (Palpitoad, Greninja). Seriously, how far a head do the anime staff know what's going on in the games? When it gets to the point what he catches hints to the next water type... Water Bugs (which in Pokemon include arachnids among other creepy crawlies) appear to be next. Of course maybe they'll skip it.

Fire Types can also be paired up: Chinese Novel Characters (Fire/Fighting: Infernape, Pignite), Mythical Creatures (Fire/Flying: Charizard-Dragon, Talonflame-Phoenix), and Generic Animals (Pure Fire: Quilava, Torkoal).

Point is while I like them a goat and a tree ghost don't fit with that we've seen Ash catch. I don't want to call this a pattern, but maybe a 'theme' or there are qualities that they're looking for in each Type that makes it work for Ash.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
@World Turtle, it's a really interesting theory but I'd say all those connections are just sheer coincidence.

dp045

Mmm ... Do you think Cosmog play a role similar to Meloetta in Best Wishes 2 and Puni-chan in XY & Z? I say, in those cases were legendary Pokémon that when meeting / being kept in the care of one of the protagonists unleash the plot that involved a malignant asosiación and considering that in Sun & Moon the same premise is handled because at least it could still be adapted in SM in some arc. Only for a change, Cosmog could develop a bond with the whole group and not just with Lillie.

Spyro39

Mmm ... Do you think Cosmog play a role similar to Meloetta in Best Wishes 2 and Puni-chan in XY & Z? I say, in those cases were legendary Pokémon that when meeting / being kept in the care of one of the protagonists unleash the plot that involved a malignant asosiación and considering that in Sun & Moon the same premise is handled because at least it could still be adapted in SM in some arc. Only for a change, Cosmog could develop a bond with the whole group and not just with Lillie.

Yes, I believe Cosmog's role will be just that, but if it befriends one of the humans, it's going to be Lillie, like Meloetta was to Ash and Puni-Chan was to Bonnie. Do you find it a coincidence that the writers would adapt this similar kind of story arc and relationship between the main characters and Legendary Pokemon for the third time in a row though?

Last edited:
Hey, so this image of Brionne appeared on the Pokenchi special: 1491068772917.jpg

Torracat was on there too, but I can't upload the image for some reason. Does this hint anything toward anything or is it just general concept art?

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Well yeah, how else is it going to fit in the bag?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
http://m.imgur.com/Pkdhuhf?r

There's the link. Litten and Popplio evolving and Rowlet as the Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin of the group confirmed?

Yes to the first option, but I really hope this doesn't confirm Rowlet's not evolving. :(

Also, Brionne looks weird in this style.

Status
Not open for further replies.