• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Just a thought, and yes I know the odds of it happening are pretty much nonexistent, but maybe at some point Ash will catch Tapu Koko.

The reasons being, it would be an unexpected change, plus what would he have to do afterwards (outside of the obvious) after he defeated it, a sign of growth on Ash's part (and I am NOT saying that training non-legendaries isn't a sign of growth!!! I am saying it would show far how he has come since he was able to catch, befriend (in either order), and train such a rare and powerful species, plus it could be used as a means to make Ash's other Pokemon train harder. Heck Tapu Koko (or any legendarie or experienced Pokemon) could even spar and teach Ash's Pokemon so that they one day be on its level or even surpass it!!!!!!

Another thought which again I know isn't likely going to happen (like 0%) he could instead catch one of the UBs for the same reasons as I mentioned above. Or even catch and raise Cosmog (or two) into Solgaleo and/or Lunaala. again these are all just thoughts.

They gave Ash a Greninja with a unique transformation and had him get rid of it, so its not like their above giving high powered Pokemon and having him get rid of them (not trying to bash).

He could release Tapu Koko afterwards to continue its Island guardian duties, or release the UBs back in their home dimension (unless the writer's decide to be benevolent and let him keep them for one reason or another) and Solgaleo/Lunalaa could be given to maybe some kind of group of people dedicated to finding and sending the UBs back the their home dimension.

Greninja's is different. Greninja isn't a legendary. Greninja got the special transformation because they were lazy and didn't want to write a Mega Stone and Key Stone hunt quest so he could get Mega Zard Y.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Greninja's is different. Greninja isn't a legendary. Greninja got the special transformation because they were lazy and didn't want to write a Mega Stone and Key Stone hunt quest so he could get Mega Zard Y.

Why should they do it? Giving a current Gen Pokemon spotlight and a special transformation is much better than bringing back an old Gen Pokemon which has got plenty of spotlight and fanservice beforehand.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

What. You know they asked Game Freak to come up with the design, right? They were trying to promote Gen VI Pokemon with Ash's team but since the only Gen VI Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution was Diancie, it would've meant having to use one of Ash's old Pokemon for basically the whole saga, which was never going to happen for obviois reasons. Also, they had already done a whole Mega Stone/Key Stone hunt with Korrina and people would've just called it a repeat.

ShadowForce720

yeah, idk why they've updated the ending each time there's a change in someone's party, but the opening is still the same. maybe when ash catches litten, they'll replace the scene of litten attacking ash with something else.

Actually considering Alolan Dugtrio is the only pokemon in the opening that hasn't debuted yet they may wait until Alolan Dugtrio debuts before the change or update the opening, which would mean we would probably get an updated opening in episode 23(where Alolan Dugtrio debuts) or we would get the updated opening in episodes 24 or 25.

TheWanderingMist

Actually considering Alolan Dugtrio is the only pokemon in the opening that hasn't debuted yet they may wait until Alolan Dugtrio debuts before the change or update the opening, which would mean we would probably get an updated opening in episode 23(where Alolan Dugtrio debuts) or we would get the updated opening in episodes 24 or 25.

Probably 24 since it's likely to debut in 23. Though doesn't the anime usually take longer to change the opening than 24 episodes? XY only had 2 openings and XYZ only had 1.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

And Alolan Dugtrio would probably also end up as the same fate as Grubbin(seemingly), i.e., not captured by anyone, among the Pokemon who have appeared in the opening.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Doesn't the opening change with each new season? As far as I can tell, the more recent seasons last around 45-48 episodes.

Or do seasons work differently in Japan than in the US?

Doesn't the opening change with each new season? As far as I can tell, the more recent seasons last around 45-48 episodes.

I think people only mean cosmetic changes - Bounsweet, Vulpix etc.

TheWanderingMist

Seasons definitely work differently but I'm not sure how Pokemon is affected by that. New shows in the US tend to debut in early fall. I think Japan debuts shows in both spring and fall so they're more likely to have two seasons a year. Note that i'm basing this on half-remembered commentary from Bakuman so I'm not exactly a reliable source.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Seasons definitely work differently but I'm not sure how Pokemon is affected by that. New shows in the US tend to debut in early fall. I think Japan debuts shows in both spring and fall so they're more likely to have two seasons a year. Note that i'm basing this on half-remembered commentary from Bakuman so I'm not exactly a reliable source.

While (to my knowledge) Japan tends to debut shows (or, at least, anime) in both spring and fall, the Pokémon anime actually isn't really divided into "seasons," at least not how we think of them in the West. It's divided into series. With that being said, I don't know if there is a pattern for how many episodes between opening theme song changes. (I've never really paid attention.)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
do you guys think solgaleo/lunala/necrozma will appear in the main series? or just a single movie.

I don't know about Necrozma, but due to Cosmog's importance to the plot of Sun & Moon, I expect Solgaleo and/or Lunala to appear toward the end of the series, if/when Cosmog fully evolves. (Unless the writers plan on replacing Cosmog with another Pokémon, but there really isn't a suitable replacement.) And I do expect the Cosmog/Aether Foundation arc to be adapted into the anime.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
do you guys think solgaleo/lunala/necrozma will appear in the main series? or just a single movie.

Would be surprised if they didn't, considering they're in the openings.

But then again other legendaries have appeared in openings and not made an appearance (to the best of my knowledge).

Everything12

I expect for Solgaleo and Lunala that at least one of them will appear in the main series and both to appear in a movie, and Necrozma will be in a movie unless something like Zygarde happens but I don't expect that at this point.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think Solgaleo and Lunala will be in the anime, given the role they play in the games. It's a little bit more substantial than the mascot legendaries of past Pokemon games, and given that we know Lusamine is going to appear in the anime at some point, it's obvious we'll get the Aether plot somehow. And, well... you can't really have the Aether plot without Cosmog and Solgaleo/Lunala.

In the case of Necrozma, I think it'll just appear in a movie. The Tapus and Ultra Beasts will probably play a role in the anime, Magearna already had its movie, and I've already talked about Solgaleo and Lunala. That leaves Marshadow as the only legendary not accounted for. I don't think Marshadow can carry an entire movie by itself, so I kind of expect one of the movies to be Necrozma and Marshadow.

TheWanderingMist

In the case of Necrozma, I think it'll just appear in a movie. The Tapus and Ultra Beasts will probably play a role in the anime, Magearna already had its movie, and I've already talked about Solgaleo and Lunala. That leaves Marshadow as the only legendary not accounted for. I don't think Marshadow can carry an entire movie by itself, so I kind of expect one of the movies to be Necrozma and Marshadow.

Don't forget Marshadow has its own special Z-move. It'll probably end up like the Diancie movie if it does get its own. And I want Lunala to be the form Nebby ultimately takes since it should appear in the anime at some point. I just don't know when that'll happen. I don't know how far in advance dialogue is recorded but i remember a quote from Rica that was something along the lines of "Alola is all vacations" so it'll probably stay relaxed for a while yet.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Solgaleo better be in the main show. I'm sick of my favorite of the trios being neglected since BW started, Zekrom got cheated out of Team Plasma's arc thanks to nature, Yveltal didn't appear at all.... not even a flipping cameo, that special does NOT count. Seeing Lillie with a big bad *** looking lion would be dope, and it matches her clothes.
Necrozma can have a movie or something dealing with the UBs, and Lunala can be in an episode(s) dealing with the weird universe where night is day and day is night

Status
Not open for further replies.