• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Solgaleo better be in the main show. I'm sick of my favorite of the trios being neglected since BW started, Zekrom got cheated out of Team Plasma's arc thanks to nature, Yveltal didn't appear at all.... not even a flipping cameo, that special does NOT count. Seeing Lillie with a big bad *** looking lion would be dope, and it matches her clothes.
Necrozma can have a movie or something dealing with the UBs, and Lunala can be in an episode(s) dealing with the weird universe where night is day and day is night

Actually it does since it was listed as a regular episode and was shown in the dub.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lillie looks so much better with Lunala though imo

Solgaleo's my favourite of the two but I fully expect at some point for Ash to embrace his inner white knight and ride Solgaleo into battle

Cat's Eye Draco

Solgaleo better be in the main show. I'm sick of my favorite of the trios being neglected since BW started, Zekrom got cheated out of Team Plasma's arc thanks to nature, Yveltal didn't appear at all.... not even a flipping cameo, that special does NOT count. Seeing Lillie with a big bad *** looking lion would be dope, and it matches her clothes.

This made me laugh far more than it probably should have. :D

Now there's a great aspect to base your captures on; whether or not it matches your wardrobe. (Although ironically, the kids in SM do in fact tend to wear clothing somewhat reminiscent of their main partners...)

Spyro39

This made me laugh far more than it probably should have. :D

Now there's a great aspect to base your captures on; whether or not it matches your wardrobe. (Although ironically, the kids in SM do in fact tend to wear clothing somewhat reminiscent of their main partners...)

Trainers wearing clothes that resembles their main partners isn't new to SM. XY Ash's clothes were reminiscent of Ash-Greninja (or that was because Ash-Greninja's took on the form of its trainer). Alain's clothing was reminiscent of Mega Charizard X. Tobias' clothes resembled Darkrai, etc.

Actually it does since it was listed as a regular episode and was shown in the dub.

Actually, it is an XY special, listed in Bulbapedia. Since Ash wasn't in the episode, it makes more sense.

Last edited:

DavidD001

Ash now has Litten and Stoutland is well....in a better place.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It kind of sounds like some are saying that SM20 was building up or foreshadowing Ash catching Wimpod in the future. Is this true?

DavidD001

It kind of sounds like some are saying that SM20 was building up or foreshadowing Ash catching Wimpod in the future. Is this true?

I dont know as I havent seen the episodes yet but Ash does now have Litten and that Stoutland passed away.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

I guess it could be interpreted that way. All Ash did was help it escape though so it could be with its family. It was desperately trying to crawl out after all.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution

It could be misleading, but the possibility is definitely there. The Wimpod in the episode, as all Wimpod, is terrified of just anything like falling rocks, Pikachu attacking to make an exit for it, Ash landing near it, etc., but it somehow realized that it needed to thank Ash for helping it escape. I mean, Ash did so much just to get to it and hurt himself as always, so I guess the scene where the Wimpod came back and "thanked him" (they kinda shook hands/limbs) was pretty sweet.

Also I'm not entirely sure about Tapu Lele noticing Ash's kind deed or its dust just has natural healing powers, but it did notice our hero when he thanked it for healing his wounds from rescuing the Wimpod.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I certainly believe now that Wimpod is definitely a possibility. I was kinda surprised that the Wimpod capture didn't happen in SM020. It would have been perfect in my opinion.

But well, Litten is caught!!! I just had get that of my chest. :D

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I always saw Wimpod as a possibility but believed Dewpider to be more likely because there's no point in giving Ash a Wimpod if it's never going to evolve, and Golisopod is Guzma's signature Pokemon.

Yep and for now, we're heading into uncharted territory as far as Ash's team goes. Although he has three captures, I'm not expecting another anytime soon. He needs to develop the ones he already has. Personally, I expect one of his starters to evolve before he gets another capture, and I'm not even expecting that at least until the end of the year.

World Turtle

A thought about Ash's Captures: He'll get Pokemon he can pose with when doing a Z-Move. I'm talking like with Pikachu or Greninja, where the animation has them mirror one another's movements. "Rule of Cool" and all that. He obviously can't do that with Rowlet, Rockruff, and Litten, but he can do it with Decidueye, Lycanroc: Midnight Form, and Incineroar.

This is also why I considered Golisopod over Araquanid for Ash. Alola Sandslash as well.
If caught I could see Vikavolt positioning itself vertically to mirror Ash. Or mirroring his poses horizontally as he flies. Whatever works best animation wise.

Other possibilities would include.... Crabrawler, Passimian, Oranguru, Kommo-o, and Ribombee.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
A thought about Ash's Captures: He'll get Pokemon he can pose with when doing a Z-Move. I'm talking like with Pikachu or Greninja, where the animation has them mirror one another's movements. "Rule of Cool" and all that. He obviously can't do that with Rowlet, Rockruff, and Litten, but he can do it with Decidueye, Lycanroc: Midnight Form, and Incineroar.

This is also why I considered Golisopod over Araquanid for Ash. Alola Sandslash as well.
If caught I could see Vikavolt positioning itself vertically to mirror Ash. Or mirroring his poses horizontally as he flies. Whatever works best animation wise.

Other possibilities would include.... Crabrawler, Passimian, Oranguru, Kommo-o, and Ribombee.

He's done Breackneck Blitz with Rowlet and Rockruff.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Rowlet can pose. It posed for Breackneck Blitz in SM11, did it not?

I considered this as well, but I just assume that the Pokemon posing to do Z-Moves would just fade over time. After all, it woukd severely limit the Pokemon Ash is goimg to catch to bipeds only, basically. Given it's a small Pokdex to begin with, I don't see the writers limiting themselves even more.

Besides, as you pointed out, Rockruff and Litten can't pose for Z-Moves, and they can be used just fine.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm kind of wondering if they're going to treat Rockruff like Gliscor so that Ash can add another pokémon to his Alolan team. Since Rockruff's pokédex entry mentions that they leave their trainers when they're about ready to evolve, & Rotom Dex even mentioned it in Rockruff's capture episode, they might have it leave Ash's team for a while so that it can come back as a Lycanroc in the distant future. In the meantime, they could have Ash catch a new Alola pokémon just like how he caught Gible after leaving Gliscor behind.

Last edited:

Luthor

I'm kind of wondering if they're going to treat Rockruff like Gliscor so that Ash can add another pokémon to his Alolan team. Since Rockruff's pokédex entry mentions that they leave their trainers when they're about ready to evolve, & Rotom Dex even mentioned it in Rockruff's capture episode, they might have it leave Ash's team for a while so that it can come back as a Lycanroc in the distant future. In the meantime, they could have Ash catch a new Alola pokémon just like how he caught Gible after leaving Gliscor behind.

The other possibility is that they can treat Lycanroc like how they treated Gliscor & Goodra, where they'll have it leave Ash but not have him catch another pokémon to take its place so that it can rejoin the team once it evolves.

One difference this time is due to the fact that he has a home base he goes back to regularly this saga he could easily should they want to just have random ones with the professor for a time. So there's also that option but personally I think it'll just stick to six all staying permanently in his party.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
but it somehow realized that it needed to thank Ash for helping it escape. I mean, Ash did so much just to get to it and hurt himself as always, so I guess the scene where the Wimpod came back and "thanked him" (they kinda shook hands/limbs) was pretty sweet.

Its that returning and thanking him part that makes me (and some others as well) think that maybe we would be seeing that guy again in the future and could potentially be the next capture for Ash.

There is the other point as well that except Rowlet which was caught in the same episode in which it debuted, both Rockruff and Litten became late captures compared to the time the debuted. So, its possible that Ash next might be something like that as well.

Also I'm not entirely sure about Tapu Lele noticing Ash's kind deed or its dust just has natural healing powers, but it did notice our hero when he thanked it for healing his wounds from rescuing the Wimpod.

I don't think Tapu Lele noticed Ash saving that Wimpod.

Rather it felt like she noticed Ash sensed something and then noticed the scratches on his hand and decided to heal them.

This i feel because, for some reason it felt like even Tapu Lele was surprised to notice Ash in there.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
In my opinion; Ash needs 3 Pokemon more.One caught in episode 40 and something Second one caught in episode 60 and something.And last one to be Gible-like( caught episode 90-100 and something)

Status
Not open for further replies.