• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything12

I'd also like for Lillie to get a Sinnoh starter like Dawn did, I personally think Piplup and its evolution's fits her more, but I'm not sure how Makoto having one effects her chances and I'm sure others will whine Staff bias towards Piplup if that happens

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I actually would prefer to see her with a Turtwig, because it feels like the shafted starter of Gen IV, and I like the irony of the PokeGirl have the "less feminine" starter for a change. And even if she doesn't evolve it, hey, Turtwig is cute enough.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe Lillie can bring out the best in Torterra, unlike a certain raven haired boy.

desdar300

Just to point this out but just because Marshadow is appearing in Movie 20 does not mean that Sun and Moon will only last 2 years, Especially if you look at Advance Generation which had 4 movies and despite that the Eon duo appeared and were the focus in Movie 5 while in Movie 6 Jirachi was the focus and in Movie 7 Deoxys was the focus, and yet that didn't really prevent them from using gen 4 pokemon to be the stars in Movie 8&9.
The reason Gen 3 lasted so long was because Gen 4 was delayed.
Necro might go the way of Zygarde and be shoved into a movie where it isn't the main focus.
Also inb4 Kanto sequels.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Maybe Lillie can bring out the best in Torterra, unlike a certain raven haired boy.

the blame imo falls to the writers, not Ash, and thing is as a Turtwig it was perfectly fine, it was only after it evolved that it started to decline from grace.

They couldn't make up their minds on where to take the thing after it evolved to grotle, I mean what was the point Paul's torterra trying to show it how it should battle, and then later disregard that to give it Rock Climb out of nowhere to try and restore it's mobility, and even worse that move was what got it destroyed in most of the fights it was in after it became torterra.

The one thing I worry about is Ash's potential Incineroar using Flamethrower, I figured they'd change it and have it shoot from the mouth, not the odd placed belt.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Gible should be his Sinnoh mon to return and evolve, just give the guy some development and episodes with Ash similar to Phanpy before he became a Donphan. I don't want another Quilava situation.
Buizel is just fine the way he is. No need to change him. If a water type of his past should evolve it is Totodile so he can catch up and become a Feraligatr like Ash promised back in the day. Palpitoad too in a way, and maybe Dewott since it's personality could still work. But Buizel proved itself to be a good Pokemon without having to evolve, I'd much prefer it staying Buizel.

It'd be nice if Lillie got a Sinnoh starter. I could see her with Piplup or Chimchar

Neither please.
Mlallow should get Turtwig, Ash's rival should have Empoleon, and Infernape returns to help Ash with the Sinnoh BF. Piplup and Chimchar themselves had enough time, and I'm speaking as somebody who prefers them over Turtwig.

Red and Blue

Honestly I'd rather Ash catch a Gen 4 Pokemon than have any of his past ones return. Assuming he will actually get to promote a remake for once.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
While the movie brought the topic of Pokemon options from DP remakes for the SM anime I'm more interested on how all the remade Kanto Ash captures that are going to appear in the movie will have any influence on the SM anime like will any of Ash's Kanto pokemon will make a cameo appearance to promote the movie.

Luthor

Given Ash's current team hopefully soon he'll realise he wants a fire type z crystal like Kiawe. While Litten can presumably use breakneck blitz it could do with a fire type z-move.

esquilo09

Honestly I'd rather Ash catch a Gen 4 Pokemon than have any of his past ones return. Assuming he will actually get to promote a remake for once.

I doubt this would happen, he would have caught a Weavile or the so much desired Lucario by now...Leave the previous gen captures to the traveling companions.

Andre2725

Ash interacted with a trapped Wimpod and i got the feeling that this will lead to a capture in one of the following episodes.

So that would make the team:
Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff, Litten and Wimpod.

For the last one i suspect either a fairy or dragon type.
Don't see him getting the water starter and a legendary has always been a big no no.

Dragon's have a (few) options. Drampa is an option, but it has no evolutions and thus it is IMO unlikely.
The Jangmo-o line seems a better fit then.

In case the Wimpod doesn't materialize i think Dewpider is the most likely candidate.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash interacted with a trapped Wimpod and i got the feeling that this will lead to a capture in one of the following episodes.

So that would make the team:
Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff, Litten and Wimpod.

For the last one i suspect either a fairy or dragon type.
Don't see him getting the water starter and a legendary has always been a big no no.

Dragon's have a (few) options. Drampa is an option, but it has no evolutions and thus it is IMO unlikely.
The Jangmo-o line seems a better fit then.

In case the Wimpod doesn't materialize i think Dewpider is the most likely candidate.

Just because Ash interacts with a Pokemon does not mean he has to catch it.

dp045

Talking about the movie
Http://fdzeta.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/_nyzime.jpg

According to it, we could suppose that the Pokémon that are "outside" of the circle would be the ones that Ash capture in the film (not counting to Pikachu) although a Charmander and a Charizard comes out but perhaps ... If it is that it would mean that it would catch a Gengar, But omit Tauros, Pidgeotto, Primanpe, Snorlax and Kraby.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I doubt this would happen, he would have caught a Weavile or the so much desired Lucario by now...Leave the previous gen captures to the traveling companions.

Lucario still makes sense for Ash given his ties to aura. Weavile however is completely random.

personally this is one pattern i'd love to see broken, cause Lucario could learn some good moves for Ash to use the Z-crystals with.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Unless it's Lucario.... or that Riolu or Hippopotas he met in Sinnoh, no thanks.

esquilo09

Lucario still makes sense for Ash given his ties to aura. Weavile however is completely random.

personally this is one pattern i'd love to see broken, cause Lucario could learn some good moves for Ash to use the Z-crystals with.

Well, yeah Weavile is random, the reason is because I've wanted it to join the main cast ever since the species debuted. While Lucario is a fan favorite and is the most desired to be caught by Ash, I think Ash won't catch due that the writers want Ash to only stick with current gen Pokémon. The writers prefer the traveling companions to catch previous gen Pokémons, usually a species that Ash caught, the only exception was in XYZ where Serena caught an Eevee which was previously caught by May.

ShadowForce720

Well, yeah Weavile is random, the reason is because I've wanted it to join the main cast ever since the species debuted. While Lucario is a fan favorite and is the most desired to be caught by Ash, I think Ash won't catch due that the writers want Ash to only stick with current gen Pokémon. The writers prefer the traveling companions to catch previous gen Pokémons, usually a species that Ash caught, the only exception was in XYZ where Serena caught an Eevee which was previously caught by May.

Sure the writers didn't really give him one a past gen pokemon in previous generations, that until 6th generation the pokemon that advertise the remakes went to the companions but in gen 6 we had a rival that had pokemon that advertise the current remakes at the time so I really don't see the problem with Ash getting one pokemon that advertise the D&P remakes(if the come out this generation), as it would still be advertising the remakes which would be the current remakes at that time.

satobato

Pokemon master
He can get a gen 4 pokemon,but there is 1 in 5 chance.He can recall gible and it can evolve.

satobato

Pokemon master
In movie,ash can catch new pokemon.He may catch pokemon from all regions in movie 20

Status
Not open for further replies.