• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
And who says it won't get battle-heavy in the future? There are still six more Trials, three more Grand Trials, and the Aether plot. What about when the Ultra Beasts attack? Surely nobody wants to see a Rowlet beat Guzzlord or some BS like that? It would take some serious DEM for that to happen.

I agree. Just because SM isn't battle-heavy now doesn't mean it won't become battle-heavy in the future. Also, even though we have a (sort-of) rival for Ash in Kiawe (there hasn't been much of a rivalry between those two, it seems), I wouldn't be surprised if Gladion becomes a rival for Ash, and there's still room for the writers to introduce an anime-only rival. Also, as you mentioned, there are still the remaining Trials and Grand Trials and the Aether plot.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I agree, I think there's still potential for a lot of battling to be done.

There's potential for BW-esque tournaments to take place as well, I think that'd be a fun way to utilize the big cast and improve character dynamics as well. So there's always room for team growth, who knows what the writers have up their sleeves at this point? :)
Oooh, I would love to see some BW-style tournaments in SM! :D Maybe a tournament at the school? It would give Ash's other classmates besides Kiawe a chance to battle. Or they could do a team thing - Ash and his classmates vs. another class.

Only thing is, Z-Moves would have to be banned, because they'd be an unfair advantage for Ash and Kiawe. But that's fine by me.

ShadowForce720

Oooh, I would love to see some BW-style tournaments in SM! :D Maybe a tournament at the school? It would give Ash's other classmates besides Kiawe a chance to battle. Or they could do a team thing - Ash and his classmates vs. another class.

Only thing is, Z-Moves would have to be banned, because they'd be an unfair advantage for Ash and Kiawe. But that's fine by me.

A school tournament would be nice and if it's against other classes then maybe we will see Hiroki again as he is a student at the school.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
A school tournament would be nice and if it's against other classes then maybe we will see Hiroki again as he is a student at the school.
I thought of that as well, but if he was voiced by Abareru-kun, probably not.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm thinking either Jessie or James (most likely Jessie) will catch a Salandit. They typically had one member of their team that could use Poison Gas/Smokescreen/Haze/Mist to escape or cause a diversion and Salandit would fit that bill. And in my opinion, it just looks like a Pokemon Jessie would capture.

Definitely Jessie, it is a Jessie type of Pokemon. It's the alpha of Salandits too, and she's the alpha of the TRio

If Ash does end up catching a Sinnoh Pokemon this series, which one do you want him to catch (not counting pokemon he, his companions, or TR caught, as well as legends and Porygon-Z for obvious reasons)?

Lucario. Only a majestic Gallade or DP's Hippopotas would be exceptionable.

satobato

Pokemon master
Jessie can catch salandit.It will be same salandit that appeared in shiron's egg episode

With the new characters revealed for the next movie and them having two Sinnoh pokemon as their main pokemon, I can only imagine that if we do have Sinnoh remakes, I wonder if we could potentially see "Alolan" forms for Sinnoh pokemon. Except, instead of being different forms because the pokemon are in Alola, we could see different forms depending on what side of Sinnoh you're on. So like an extension of the Shellos forms but with more pokemon and in the same style as Alolan pokemon with different types and all?

Just a thought, if only because if Sinnoh makes a come back, maybe having new forms for the Sinnoh pokemon can make them more possible options for Ash if they were to exist.

In any case, regarding Sinnoh, I'd prefer Gible to pull a Phanpy and be developed more if Sinnoh influences were to affect Ash's Alolan journey. It'd be great to see Ash get another evolved pseudo and I think a pokemon like Gible/and its evos wouldn't hog the screentime too much away from Ash's Alolan pokemon I think.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
In any case, regarding Sinnoh, I'd prefer Gible to pull a Phanpy and be developed more if Sinnoh influences were to affect Ash's Alolan journey. It'd be great to see Ash get another evolved pseudo and I think a pokemon like Gible/and its evos wouldn't hog the screentime too much away from Ash's Alolan pokemon I think.

depends of if there won't complaints cause I know people seem afraid of Ash with dragons after what went down with the last two, cause if he has to get an alola fighting type, i'm picking Kommo-o personally.

I still prefer Riolu/Lucario for the diverse moves it could learn for Ash to use Z-moves.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My thoughts about the new Alola Pokemon that might be captured by a main character and the likelihood. Excluding legends, Tapus and Ultra Beasts due to how slim their capture would be. Type: Null is in a weird position
* Rowlet line: As absolutely adorable as Rowlet is, I would like them not to use this as a means of keeping Ash's Rowlet like that forever. Ash has yet to have an actual Ghost type since Haunter was never caught
* Litten and Pirmarina lines: I wanna see them evolve, they're all really good Pokemon
* Pikipek line: Since Ash already has a bird and he has gotten three Pokemon already, I don't see him needing this
* Yungoos line: Seems to average for any main character, that's just me
* Grubbin line: It'd be cool, but I think it's unlikely Ash will get this line. After all he has never had a second Electric type. Also there are other bugs that would work better for him
* Crabrawler line
* Oricorio: Seems a bit too gimmicky to stay around. I expect an episode revolving around it, but that's just it
* Cutiefly: Lillie is my precious cinnamon roll, and would look adorable if she ended up looking after. But hey, anyone who is bae could have it.
* Rockruff line: I want Ash's Rockruff to evolve into Midday form. You can have a bideal tiger wrestler tied with a quadrupedal rock wolf, and show off Accelerock
* Wishiwashi: While Lana could have it, I don't see Ash having it. It's probably going to have a "Goldeen" role since it can't work on land
* Mareanie line: While Baneful Bunker is tempting, I'm fine with the cutie being how it is with James.
* Mudbray line: Given its a ride Pokemon, I think it could work as just a team pet. Though it may also work as Ash's Pokemon
* Fomantis line:
* Dewpider/Wimpod line: I like the former for Ash, it's ability would be interesting and most say that Ash can't have Guzma's because its a villain Pokemon. But there's no unspoken rule about the latter given how few main villains show any of their Pokemon in the animu, and a Golisopod v Golisopod slugfest sounds pretty cool. The other would work as a Lana Pokemon
* Stufful line: There's been good evidence that Jessie will get Bewear, which could help them become bigger threats and shake things up. As for Stufful?
* Morelull line: Doesn't seem interesting enough to be a main Pokemon
* Salandit line: Probably going to be involved with Plumeria
* Bounsweet line: I feel Mallow's should fully evolve in future
* Comfey line: Honestly have little idea, though if they wanna diversify Mallow's team they could give her one since it is plant related(not sure why it isn't part Grass)
* Oranguru and Passimian, Komala, Drampa: Not really got an idea on who should have it
* Sandyghast line: This creepy Pokemon might work for James. It would be interesting if Team Rocket gets a Pokemon immune to Pikachu blasting them off again. You could do a gag of it being left behind and nervously running off, or maybe it would motivate other means of defeat.
* Pyukumuku: I'd like some main character to use it, since it'd be a good way to show off the Pokemon's utility. Like Lana maybe, though she could get a non-Alola Pokemon like Politoed or something
* Minior: I was given some really good ideas that this would work for Lillie
* Mimikyu: Would be interesting to see a wild, shiny Mimikyu that's not a psycho confront Jessie's
* Dhelmise: I want Lana to have this, fishing it out
* Jangmo-o line: Could work as Ash's powerhouse

esquilo09

With the new characters revealed for the next movie and them having two Sinnoh pokemon as their main pokemon, I can only imagine that if we do have Sinnoh remakes, I wonder if we could potentially see "Alolan" forms for Sinnoh pokemon. Except, instead of being different forms because the pokemon are in Alola, we could see different forms depending on what side of Sinnoh you're on. So like an extension of the Shellos forms but with more pokemon and in the same style as Alolan pokemon with different types and all?
That's not a bad idea at all, I would love to see an Alolan Weavile.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Just a thought, if only because if Sinnoh makes a come back, maybe having new forms for the Sinnoh pokemon can make them more possible options for Ash if they were to exist.

Gible's the only one that can evolve, that should from that gen.
Greninja's sure to show up again at some point, cause he's in the games. And I don't want Golisopod overshadowed by TWO Water types showing up

New formes being in Sinnoh would just be stupid unless Alola Pokemon develop differently outside Alola. It'd make Alola less special and unique if every region had regional variants

DavidD001

Gible's the only one that can evolve, that should from that gen.
Greninja's sure to show up again at some point, cause he's in the games. And I don't want Golisopod overshadowed by TWO Water types showing up

New formes being in Sinnoh would just be stupid unless Alola Pokemon develop differently outside Alola. It'd make Alola less special and unique if every region had regional variants

As for Gible being the only one of Ash's from Sinnoh being the only one able to evolve.....Buizel says 'Hello'.
If Greninja shows up it'll likely be as a memory only.
I'd love to know what two water-types your talking about.

I could see a handful of Sinnoh pokemon being changed from growing up in Alola while depending on the regional Alolan pokemon it could possibly change in another region.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
As for Gible being the only one of Ash's from Sinnoh being the only one able to evolve.....Buizel says 'Hello'.
If Greninja shows up it'll likely be as a memory only.
I'd love to know what two water-types your talking about.

I could see a handful of Sinnoh pokemon being changed from growing up in Alola while depending on the regional Alolan pokemon it could possibly change in another region.

I'm assuming Zoruagible was referring to Buizel when they said about 2 water types showing up, Buizel and Greninja, hence why they said that Gible should be the one to come back and evolve. I think.

If any old pokemon return, I'm still holding out for Totodile, it appears in game as it can be caught via island scan, and now the water type curse doesn't exist, its time. Croconaw needs some love!

DavidD001

I'm assuming Zoruagible was referring to Buizel when they said about 2 water types showing up, Buizel and Greninja, hence why they said that Gible should be the one to come back and evolve. I think.

If any old pokemon return, I'm still holding out for Totodile, it appears in game as it can be caught via island scan, and now the water type curse doesn't exist, its time. Croconaw needs some love!

Well I had to interject and mention Buizel as a precaution just in case as he is a good pokemon that loves to battle.
Greninja can stay in Kalos with Zygarde.
If Gible returns and evolves I fear that it might possible end up like Goodra...to be released possibly.
However IF an old pokemon comes back which I kinda doubt will happen...I could see Totodile coming back to evolve once into Croconaw or evolve all the way into Feraligatr which either form would be awesome.
But overall I would prefer it if Ash just sticks to the current regional new pokemon...not counting the variant forms of kanto species [like Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash, etc].

nickdt

Well... if the island scans captures are a thing, then obviously Oshawott returns to evolvo into Samurott, just like Snivy and Pignite.

ShadowForce720

Well I had to interject and mention Buizel as a precaution just in case as he is a good pokemon that loves to battle.
Greninja can stay in Kalos with Zygarde.
If Gible returns and evolves I fear that it might possible end up like Goodra...to be released possibly.
However IF an old pokemon comes back which I kinda doubt will happen...I could see Totodile coming back to evolve once into Croconaw or evolve all the way into Feraligatr which either form would be awesome.
But overall I would prefer it if Ash just sticks to the current regional new pokemon...not counting the variant forms of kanto species [like Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash, etc].

First off in regards to Greninja, the only reason why Greninja is in Kalos right now is to help Zygarde with destroying the vines since Greninja is the only one that can sense them, once that's done as it's not going to take forever Greninja will have little to no reason to stay in Kalos, so Greninja will most likely return at some point whether it's this generation or next. Plus if Charizard can come back in BW because of it's popularity even though it didn't really promote anything, then considering how Greninja's popularity literally surpassed Pikachu's popularity in the whole pokemon Election thing then I don't see why Greninja couldn't come back eventfully.

Now as for the whole Gible and Goodra thing it's already been shown that Ash can call upon Goodra has it came back for the Kalos league, as for Gible coming back and evolving there is literally no reason for Gible to be released nor does Gible have the backstory that Goodra has, look just because Goodra is staying at the swamp and Greninja is helping Zygarde, does not mean that every pokemon that Ash catches now or brings back and evolve will suddenly get released.

Also in regards to the last point considering Phanphy wasn't really promoting anything when it came back in Battle Frontier and evolve and that Charizard literally came back during the end of BW just because it was popular, so I do think were going to see Ash's old pokemon eventually it's just a matter of whether it's going to be this generation, the next generation, or one of the generations after that.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
First off in regards to Greninja, the only reason why Greninja is in Kalos right now is to help Zygarde with destroying the vines since Greninja is the only one that can sense them, once that's done as it's not going to take forever Greninja will have little to no reason to stay in Kalos, so Greninja will most likely return at some point whether it's this generation or next. Plus if Charizard can come back in BW because of it's popularity even though it didn't really promote anything, then considering how Greninja's popularity literally surpassed Pikachu's popularity in the whole pokemon Election thing then I don't see why Greninja couldn't come back eventfully.

Now as for the whole Gible and Goodra thing it's already been shown that Ash can call upon Goodra has it came back for the Kalos league, as for Gible coming back and evolving there is literally no reason for Gible to be released nor does Gible have the backstory that Goodra has, look just because Goodra is staying at the swamp and Greninja is helping Zygarde, does not mean that every pokemon that Ash catches now or brings back and evolve will suddenly get released.

Also in regards to the last point considering Phanphy wasn't really promoting anything when it came back in Battle Frontier and evolve and that Charizard literally came back during the end of BW just because it was popular, so I do think were going to see Ash's old pokemon eventually it's just a matter of whether it's going to be this generation, the next generation, or one of the generations after that.

plus bright side ash can call on goodra in the future despite bulbapedia saying it was released

Spyro39

plus bright side ash can call on goodra in the future despite bulbapedia saying it was released

Goodra is in Kalos while Ash is in Alola. If he wants to call Goodra back, the wetlands are going to need a machine that transfers Pokeballs to another region.

kickachu

Momentai!
Goodra is in Kalos while Ash is in Alola. If he wants to call Goodra back, the wetlands are going to need a machine that transfers Pokeballs to another region.

I know that I mean the next time Goodra returns it might not through a machine it might have a different way

Status
Not open for further replies.