• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm leaning toward Ash capturing Dewpider rather than Wimpod. I happen to think that Araquanid compliments Ash's battle style more than Golisopod does, but this is just my opinion.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Actually if the D&P remakes come out this generation then they wouldn't really have to give Ash a Wimpod if he doesn't catch Dewpider if they wanted Ash to have a Water type since they could just have him catch a Shellos, Bidoof, Piplup, or bring back Buizel, so they would have options if they wanted to give Ash a Water type pokemon this time but didn't want to give him a Dewpider or Wimpod.

That's a big if on whether or not D&P remakes will actually happen.

if he does get Wimipod i'd rather it know Aqua Jet than Scald.

It probably get both but if I had to chose one my moneys on Scald since they like projectile moves on Ash's Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

This is just a thought but do you think the fact that in episode 22 we saw a Sandygast evolve into a Palossand and then grew larger then a house probably means that Ash won't get a Sandyghast/Palossand. I mean at this point if he were to get one I would think it would have to be a different one because I can't see Ash getting the Palossand from episode 22 given how big that one got, unless it some how shrunk back down to normal size.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This is just a thought but do you think the fact that in episode 22 we saw a Sandygast evolve into a Palossand and then grew larger then a house probably means that Ash won't get a Sandyghast/Palossand. I mean at this point if he were to get one I would think it would have to be a different one because I can't see Ash getting the Palossand from episode 22 given how big that one got, unless it some how shrunk back down to normal size.
While I have no idea why it was that big during the ending, I assume it just has the ability to grow by gathering a bunch of sand together and is probably capable of shrinking back down.

I never thought Ash was going to catch Sandyghast to begin with partially because of Rowlet and partially because Sandyghast seems like a Pokemon that is only capable of moving around on the sand. So this episode didn't really change my mind at all.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I want Ash with Dewpider but with how the SM crew like to build up captures like Litten and Rockruff, I think Wimpod might happen. ;201-e; ;201-w; ;201-w;

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Most likely Water mon for Ash for me right now is this little cutie:

[spoil][img300]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/788Tapu_Fini.png[/img300]

sad times[/spoil]

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Most likely Water mon for Ash for me right now is this little cutie:

[spoil][img300]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/788Tapu_Fini.png[/img300]

sad times[/spoil]

Your image isn't loading I think.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Oh...I grabbed from Bulbapedia. Maybe I should have used Serebii >.<

It was Tapu Fini anyway.

.....But the image should've loaded regardless. Well if Ash gets Tapu Fini it will be only for temporary, a short amount of time, when maybe he will command it during the UB arc or so. Just like how befriends legendaries.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Except that's not the same situation, as Paul was a rival and the moment Ash's Gligar and Grotle evolved into Gliscor and Torterra respectively we stopped seeing the ones Paul owned, same case with Alexa's Noivern and Sanpei himself just completely stopped showing up after Ash had a Greninja. In fact if you look at it in a lot of the cases that you would try to point out it tends to be a case where once a character on the main cast gets a pokemon the other characters don't really show off that pokemon any more.
Except there's one problem here. There's the chance that THOSE characters that shared Pokemon with Ash will have shown up MORE than Guzma likely will show up. Lysandre did show up more than any other boss leader (not counting Giovanni for OBVIOUS reason). Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetis didn't show up all that much in their respective generations.

And ultimately Lysandre barely used any Pokemon, outside of Pyroar and Shiny Gyarados.

[quote[
The thing with Guzma is he's the head of Team Skull and would be actively using a Golisopod[/quote] ONLY if they treat Guzma like a somewhat rival to Ash where he battles. I have at this moment no doubt Guzma will debut Golisopod, but why are you assuming that Guzma will even have that big of role. Hell Team Flare was the most fleshed out Villainous team story arc and Ash and company barely even battled against them. The only way to argue this is if the Team Skull and the Ultra Beast plot will be battle heavy and we'll finally GET legitimate battles between Ash and company and the evil team of the generation (against Lysandre is the best we have at the moment and even then that was lopsided in favor of Lysandre even though he was at a handicap).

now while it's possible that both him and Ash could have a Golisopod at the same time and while having a rivalry would be nice, chances are what will probably wind up happening instead is if Ash gets a Wimpod the writers wind up waiting for Guzma to no longer be relevant and stop showing up and then wind up evolving Ash's Wimpod.
If Ash gets Wimpod, I can't imagine it remaining a Wimpod for very long, since I'm certain they would want to focus on Golisopod more, Wimpod is probably the worst Pokemon Ash could have for it to remain a Wimpod for a long time. 15-20 episodes at MOST.

Plus there is always the chance that if both Ash and Guzma had a Golisopod that one of the 2 Golisopods wind up getting shafted in favor of the other.
I can safely say that if Ash is in fact getting a Wimpod / Golisopod, that Ash's Golisopod will show up in MORE episodes than Guzma's. Ash's hypothetical Golisopod will always have THAT advantage.

That being said, while I can imagine Ash's hypothetical Golisopod being weaker than Guzma's (plot purposes), I don't think Ash's Golisopod will even ultimately battle against Guzma's except if that's part of the story.

I say this because if Ash is going to be battling against Golisopod in a legitimate battle, its FAR more likely Ash will be using Pikachu as Pikachu is literally Ash's best choice to use against Golisopod, so unless its part of the story, I highly doubt it will matter if Ash and Guzma share a Pokemon within the same context.

I mean as it was brought up before, they had no problem shoving three different Greninja in our faces in one episode, the episode that Frogadier evolved. BY similar logic, the fact there were 2 GRENINJA, should've made it impossible for Frogadier to evolve into a 3rd Greninja but they did it anyway

It would then translate for the most part that even if Ash does have Golisopod, Guzma's own Golisopod shouldn't even remotely matter. Since evil team leaders are barely recurring characters to begin with let alone their Pokemon.

Right now nothing is confirmed, I'd prefer to wait to see if we'll even get Guzma in the anime or not or what Ash's NEXT capture will be (hopefully by the end of the year).

We're still in the process of waiting to see if anything important will happen soon. Akala Island, Ash graduating, one of Ash's Pokemon evolving. The known upcoming episodes make it extremely hard to know what will happen.

if he does get Wimipod i'd rather it know Aqua Jet than Scald.
So you want Ash with 3 Pokemon with Aqua Jet as opposed to the more unique move Ash has never had. I'd only want Aqua Jet if it changed into Liquidation.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I would rather have Ash catch Dewpider than Wimpod. Araquanid just compliments Ash's battling style more than Golisopod does. Araquanid also looks more mobile and easy to draw than Golisopod, which I heard is why Boldore didn't evolve into Gigalith. This is all just my opinion.

dman_dustin

I would rather have Ash catch Dewpider than Wimpod. Araquanid just compliments Ash's battling style more than Golisopod does. Araquanid also looks more mobile and easy to draw than Golisopod, which I heard is why Boldore didn't evolve into Gigalith. This is all just my opinion.

I don't see how, Araquanid has a similar body shape to Torterra, it's more flexible than Torterra but Araquanid is still going to be slow, I very much doubt spider Pokemon can move THAT fast or that mobile, they aren't like horses.

Meanwhile Golisopod is bipedial, and if the fake fan art I've seen of the Pokemon are accurate, than Golisopod would be able to move more freely than Araquanid who would only be able to move quickly forward (jump backwards) and potentially strafe left or right (though I doubt it would be quick).

Granted Araquanid is faster (in-game) than Golisopod, but by VERY little. At maximum only a 5 point difference

However I'll give you Araquanid is easier to draw than Golisopod. That one I'll give a point to you on that.

phantasystar69

That debate's gotten old, not even going to try that anymore. Most people saying that are just biased towards Aquaranid for Ash anyways, which is Lana's ace in the game and something SHE should get as it suits her more than it does Ash. Wimpod suits Ash and would have great interactions

Yes, some of us do.
I didn't even realize all the Pokemon I see him getting actually fit that pet thing.... Sandslash, Jangmo-o, and Wimpod

A lot of debates have gotten old on here. Yet, I still see them constantly mentioned. These 3 always come up.

1. That Pokemon doesn't suit someone (that is all opinion and preference).
2. Who is being set up to be the "Regional Ace" of the season. This is the new one i have been noticing. Just watch the show and see what happens.
3. Analyzing the patterns on the show and saying things like " That has never happened on the show, so it can't happen now!" Patterns are always being broken

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Saying that "a Pokemon suits this character" is a matter of opinion, but unfortunately some people are treating it as fact.

Everything12

I don't think its a complete matter of opinion, their are some factors that make a Pokemon seem more suited to some more than others such as design, personality, type, and other such factors. For example between Lycanroc Midnight form with its evil look and its bloodthirsty tendencies and Lycanroc Midday form with its loyal personality which do you think is more suited to Ash based off his personalty, another example would be Lana would you except her to get the Poison type Salazzle or the Water type Araquanid.

Also at this point I don't expect Ash to get either Wimpod or Araquanid.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I really don't think the companions are gonna get much in terms of captures this saga.

Everything12

True, with Gen VII's lack of Pokemon I doubt they will get more than one. Based off the games I think Mallow could get Lurantis or Shiinotic, Lana could get Araquanid, Kiawe could get Alolan Marowak, and Sophocles could get Alolan Golem or Vikavolt, no idea what Lillie could get maybe a Sinnoh Pokemon if the remakes happen or perhaps Ribombee.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
True, with Gen VII's lack of Pokemon I doubt they will get more than one. Based off the games I think Mallow could get Lurantis or Shiinotic, Lana could get Araquanid, Kiawe could get Alolan Marowak, and Sophocles could get Alolan Golem or Vikavolt, no idea what Lillie could get maybe a Sinnoh Pokemon if the remakes happen or perhaps Ribombee.

The games/=the anime. They changed a lot of people's teams. Their game counterparts' teams don't determine what their anime counterparts will catch. They also might catch Pokemon outside their type specialty, given Brock, Misty, Iris, Cilan, and Clemont have done the same.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think everyone except Lana will get one more capture each. Why not Lana? The selling point of her character is her exceptionally strong bond with Popplio, another Pokemon would get in the way of that.

Also, who says the companions have to only catch new Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.