• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I mean, it's not like Rockruff can use a wide variety of Z-Moves either, just saying.

I'm staying out of the "which water bug should/will Ash get?" debate until we get more info. Because all I hear is "Ash should/shouldn't get this Pokenon because I like it/don't like it."

dman_dustin

Because all I hear is "Ash should/shouldn't get this Pokenon because I like it/don't like it."

Another person who misunderstood me.

Do you all really think that if the roles were reversed, and Araquanid had more Z-moves than Golisopod that I would still be arguing for Golisopod?

Am I perceived to be that shallow?

I was only looking up their moves for the fun of it and realized Golisopod had access to more Z-moves.

If Araquanid had more Z-moves, I'd be suggesting Ash gets Araquanid.

This has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. I was thinking what would be best for the writers and Ash not me. If I did, I would still be arguing Ash getting Vikavolt, but the more I think about it, the more unlikely it becomes.

At this point Pyumuku seems like a more likely choice for Ash than Vikavolt and Pyukumuku is a horrible Pokemon (with literally NO attacking moves outside of counter), but it seems more likely at this point. They took too long to give Ash Litten and they gave him Rockruff, I now have to side with those that said the opening was a lie.

It's not ABSOLUTELY confirmed Ash won't get Vikavolt, but I have to give up on it until it actually happens (if it does)

Still have hope for Jangmo-o though. Maybe. Won't be surprised if they give him Passimian instead though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm hoping Ash gets Araquanid. It's more mobile, it's unique, and it's easier to draw. And, if you're trying to use Z-Moves to prove that Ash should get Golisopod over Araquanid, Lycanroc can use fewer Z-Moves than Araquanid can.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Another person who misunderstood me.

Do you all really think that if the roles were reversed, and Araquanid had more Z-moves than Golisopod that I would still be arguing for Golisopod?

Am I perceived to be that shallow?

I was only looking up their moves for the fun of it and realized Golisopod had access to more Z-moves.

If Araquanid had more Z-moves, I'd be suggesting Ash gets Araquanid.

This has absolutely nothing to do with favoritism. I was thinking what would be best for the writers and Ash not me. If I did, I would still be arguing Ash getting Vikavolt, but the more I think about it, the more unlikely it becomes.

At this point Pyumuku seems like a more likely choice for Ash than Vikavolt and Pyukumuku is a horrible Pokemon (with literally NO attacking moves outside of counter), but it seems more likely at this point. They took too long to give Ash Litten and they gave him Rockruff, I now have to side with those that said the opening was a lie.

It's not ABSOLUTELY confirmed Ash won't get Vikavolt, but I have to give up on it until it actually happens (if it does)

Still have hope for Jangmo-o though. Maybe. Won't be surprised if they give him Passimian instead though.

The argument that Ash should get Wimpod/Golisopod because it has more Z-moves at its disposable also hinges on Ash collecting all of the Z-crystals and right now, he has two, one of which is exclusively for Pikachu (and probably will be if Grubbin/Vikavolt never makes the team).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The argument that Ash should get Wimpod/Golisopod because it has more Z-moves at its disposable also hinges on Ash collecting all of the Z-crystals and right now, he has two, one of which is exclusively for Pikachu (and probably will be if Grubbin/Vikavolt never makes the team).

this comment just made me realize how excited I am for when Ash has more z-crystals and actually has to plan WHICH one and when and with who in the middle of a battle. It'll add another dimension to it imo, moreso than mega evolution ever could have. I'm curious about which pokemon of his will end up sharing crystals and what not by the end.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
this comment just made me realize how excited I am for when Ash has more z-crystals and actually has to plan WHICH one and when and with who in the middle of a battle. It'll add another dimension to it imo, moreso than mega evolution ever could have. I'm curious about which pokemon of his will end up sharing crystals and what not by the end.

Well, we can probably safely say everyone on his team will be sharing Normalium-Z, since, so far, every one of his Pokémon has a Normal-type move.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Speaking of Whimpod, you guys think the Whimpod from episode 20 will return as a possible recurring Pokemon?

YES! and show up whenever we FINALLY get to have some damn focus on Akala, and not Melemele.....

dman_dustin

No way Ash is getting a Vikavolt, it's an Electric-type.
It made sense because of the opening and because of Electrium-Z, which is likely to turn into the special Z-crystal making electrium-z useless.

I'm hoping Ash gets Araquanid. It's more mobile, it's unique, and it's easier to draw.
As I've said before it is NOT more mobile than Golisopod, its only easier to draw because it has a less complex design.

And, if you're trying to use Z-Moves to prove that Ash should get Golisopod over Araquanid, Lycanroc can use fewer Z-Moves than Araquanid can.
Don't know why people are bringing up Lycanroc, since its not a water type. This was a which water type would be better for Ash argument, not a general which Pokemon best suits Ash.

Besides as I did bring up much earlier (few weeks to a few months ago), I do think the only reason Ash has Rockruff is because the rock type z-crystal would be the only thing he could realistically get from Olivia and it makes sense for it to happen.

And even though I don't expect it to, Golisopod can learn a rock type move, granted I don't think Rock Tomb is likely but would make a tiny bit of sense if they gave Ash a Golisopod. It can also learn a steel type move (matches Pikachu's Iron Tail), and a flying type move (for Rowlett's Pikipek), and fighting can be shared between Lycanroc, Incineroar, and potentially Jangmo-o and dark type moves with Litten, Lycanroc. Normal is obvious as well.

Araquanid on the other hand would have to rely SOLELY on new z-crystals outside of Normal and Dark, and I don't think Jangmo-o is going to help. Araquanid would only be able to share 2 z-crystals and it would have exclusive Z-moves, like Pikachu, unless Incineroar were to get Leech Life or Decidueye gets U-turn.

Maybe it depends more on how many Z-moves his Pokemon can actually share, if they are gearing up for Ash to use multiple Z moves during a single move, it would make more sense to give Ash Pokemon that can share MORE Z-crystals.

Pikachu-
Electric, Normal, Steel (don't expect Pikachu to have a new move)

Decidueye- Normal, Fighting, Flying, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Grass, Dark, Decidueye

Lycanroc- Normal, Fighting, Rock, Fire, Electric, Dark

Incineroar- Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Bug, Ghost, Fire, Dragon, Dark, Incineroar

Golisopod- Normal, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Water, Ice, Dark

Araquanid- Normal, Poison, Bug, Water, Psychic, Dark

Kommo-o- Normal, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Dragon, Dark

So I was slightly wrong, at most Araquanid would only be able to share Normal, Poison, Bug, Dark with the other Pokemon. Assuming of course the movesets DO NOT matter, and whether a Pokemon can learn a specific move or not as opposed to just being capable.

Meanwhile Golisopod would be able to share Normal, Fighting, Poison, Bug, Flying, Rock, Ghost, Steel, Ground with the other fully evolved Pokemon with only Water, and Ice being the odd ones out for uniqueness.

It's not just Golisopod has more Z-moves, its that Golisopod can share more Z-crystals with Ash's other hypothetical Pokemon over Araquanid. Again that makes more sense than Pokemon that shares fewer and relies more on unique Z-crystals. That being said Araquanid does give Ash access to the Psychic Z crystal.

Though maybe I'll wait till we know what Ash's 6th Pokemon would be, if it would be revealed before Wimpod or Dewpider capture if even that. If it is Jangmo-o then that would make sense.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering Ash will be getting Z-Moves from the trials, having new Z-Crystals isn't a problem, in my opinion. About Araquanid being more mobile than Golisopod, I see this because of Golisopod's armor, which I believe slows it down tremendously and turns it into a tank (which is why it's speed is low). Araquanid is a sleek bubble spider. This is my opinion.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Considering Ash will be getting Z-Moves from the trials, having new Z-Crystals isn't a problem, in my opinion. About Araquanid being more mobile than Golisopod, I see this because of Golisopod's armor, which I believe slows it down tremendously and turns it into a tank (which is why it's speed is low). Araquanid is a sleek bubble spider. This is my opinion.
Araquanid's base speed is like 53 or something, so it's not exactly a speed demon either.

Well, we can probably safely say everyone on his team will be sharing Normalium-Z, since, so far, every one of his Pokémon has a Normal-type move.
Pretty sure almost every Pokemon out there except for stuff like Wobbuffet, Combee, Cosmog/Cosmoem, etc. can use Breackneck Blitz because, at the very least, pretty much every Pokemon out there can learn Return and Frustration.

I have a question. Maybe I'm getting impatient, but has PokeFan ever just not leaked before? Or at least didn't contain any information about the anime at all?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Gladion's Lycanroc looks so cute petting Ash's Rockruff!

I mean...what?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Maybe he gets Type: Null later or something.

I spy a Midday Lycanroc in the bottom scan. We all onow what that means.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah, Ash is definitely getting Midday for sure now. Gladion has Midnight, Olivia will as well whenever we see her....
And finally somebody important has the best eeveelution again.

Where the hell is Null though?

Status
Not open for further replies.