• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD001

Well Ash will have to eventually complete each of them so why not try to complete a few of them this region which would be extremely good and we could finally mark them off of the list.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't know I still wouldn't say that Ash catching a Salandit wouldn't really be redundant considering a potential Incinroar for Ash will probably have 2 Fire type moves, 1 Dark type move, and 1 Fighting type move while Salazzle would probably have 1 Fire type move, 1 Dragon type move, and then either 1 Poison type move and 1 move of another type or 2 Poison type moves, so I don't think that a shallow move pool for Salazzle really matters as there is enough offensive moves that it can get out of the move set to make it work.

As for the whole speed not matter to Ash as much as people think it does while mobility does matter, you make it sound like you somehow think Incineroar is somehow more mobile then Salazzle or that Salazzle isn't that mobile, the thing is that given Salazzle's body shaped, speed, and weight I can't see how Salazzle wouldn't be that mobile, if anything I think it would be more mobile then Incineroar.
That's still not adding much to Ash's team other than being a Pokemon that can use Poison Type moves and being speedier than Incineroar. Did Leavanny really add much to Ash's team when he already had Snivy? Did Palpitoad add to Ash's team when he already had Oshawott? No. Not really. Hell, even Kingler didn't do anything unril the league.

I only brought up the speed thing in case somebody wanted to counter what I said about Salazzle not adding anything to Ash's team by saying that it adds a fast Pokemon to his team. All speed does is make battles flashier, and people only think it matters because he had all speed demons except for Goodra in XY(Z). That wasn't true in previous sagas, where it was more 50/50. As for Salazzle being more mobile than Incineroar, I don't know. I could imagine Salazzle being able to dodge attacks easier because it's faster and a smaller target, but that's about it. Incineroar may be slower, but it's not an immobile tank like Torterra or Torkoal or Boldore. It is probably still capable of dodging attacks just fine, plus it can punch, kick, bite, claw, etc. where Salazzle can't.

As for Plumeria, if she's the one stopping Ash from getting Salazzle, it's as simple as changing her ace to Toxapex or even an older Pokemon. You can change Plumeria's Pokemon, but you can't change their type, battle styke, or movepool.

I don't know. I just feel any two of the four Pokemon everyone is speculating Ash to get (Araquanid, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Alolan Sandslash) would add a lot more to Ash's team than Salazzle.

World Turtle

I don't see Ash with Salandit/Salazzle because what kind of "hero" poisons his opponents? Ash hasn't used status moves since Butterfree and he eventually stopped using Attract after Clay told him how cheap it was. Why get a poison type if you won't even use it as such?

phantasystar69

I don't see Ash with Salandit/Salazzle because what kind of "hero" poisons his opponents? Ash hasn't used status moves since Butterfree and he eventually stopped using Attract after Clay told him how cheap it was. Why get a poison type if you won't even use it as such?

Are you being serious with this?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I wonder though, if Lillie does get Nebby will it be Solgaleo or Lunala? And on what basis does the other legendary appear for if one of them is shown by Lillie?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I wonder though, if Lillie does get Nebby will it be Solgaleo or Lunala? And on what basis does the other legendary appear for if one of them is shown by Lillie?

Unless the writers have something else planned, i think that the Nebby plotline could be reserved for the movies.

Even if that's not the case and it becomes part of the TV anime series, then i guess we could get something similar to the Meloetta arc in Nebby's case.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Unless the writers have something else planned, i think that the Nebby plotline could be reserved for the movies.

Even if that's not the case and it becomes part of the TV anime series, then i guess we could get something similar to the Meloetta arc in Nebby's case.

If Nebby is reserved for the movies, then so does the whole AF plot, which I'm sure won't happen.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well yeah that's true, but then I wonder how did Nihilego appear the first time in the Aether Foundation without Nebby?

Aren't Lillie and Nebby with you the first time you go there?

Everything12

Didn't Lillie steal Nebby from Lusamine, it really depends how long Lusamine had Nebby and if she used it to open the Wormhole the first time, if not then she probably used the same method as Mohn it just wasn't as good as Nebby's Wormhole and the Nihilego probably left because of that.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Yeah, Nebby is kinda needed to open the Ultra Wormhole to let UB-01 through.

No, it's needed to enter ultra space and follow Lusamine. Nihilego appears the first time you go to Aether.

Red and Blue

So can we rule out the Dark Z crystal for Ash then? I'm sure TR will find a Z ring eventually

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So can we rule out the Dark Z crystal for Ash then? I'm sure TR will find a Z ring eventually

I personally think so. I suspect in the future that we can write off poisinium-z also, but that's just a guess.

One thing I am curious about are the sparking stones that are turned into z-rings. Do only the island guardians no where the sparking stone mine is or something? Im confused why one would have to refine a sparking stone into a bracelet shape to be able to use the power. I assume it's for simplicity sake, but Im curious about the lore behind them.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Yeah probably. I also think Rockium Z may also be ruled out due to Gladion, but it also depends on what Z crystal Olivia will give.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Not necessarily, because there is a Kahuna (Nanu) who rewards Island Challengers with Darkium-Z. For that sole reason, I'm not sure we can rule out Ash getting the Darkium-Z just yet.

Yeah probably. I also think Rockium Z may also be ruled out due to Gladion, but it also depends on what Z crystal Olivia will give.

I don't think we can rule out Rockium-Z, either, not only because that's the Z-Crystal Olivia gives out to Island Challengers, but also because Ash has a Rock type Pokémon, Rockruff. It doesn't make much sense for Ash not to earn the Z-Crystal corresponding to the typing of each of his Pokémon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not necessarily, because there is a Kahuna (Nanu) who rewards Island Challengers with Darkium-Z. For that sole reason, I'm not sure we can rule out Ash getting the Darkium-Z just yet.
I think we can. I highly doubt TR and Ash are both going to use Blackhole Eclipse.

I don't think we can rule out Rockium-Z, either, not only because that's the Z-Crystal Olivia gives out to Island Challengers, but also because Ash has a Rock type Pokémon, Rockruff. It doesn't make much sense for Ash not to earn the Z-Crystal corresponding to the typing of each of his Pokémon.

Ash's Rockruff and Gladion's Midnight Lysanroc will be rivals, so both of them clashing with Continental Crush may be plausible.

Red and Blue

There is always the Z move for Incineroar which powers up a dark type move. That could be the substitute for the Dark z crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.