• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
See the edit to my post, where I address this potential problem.

Saw it. Ash already has Electrum-Z, so I can't see how Sophocles can get it, even if Ash gets Pikashunium-Z afterwards. And regarding Mallow, don't you think Rowlet will use Bloom Doom as a Rowlet/Datrix? It can only use Sinister Arrow Raid after fully evolving into Decidueye.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Saw it. Ash already has Electrum-Z, so I can't see how Sophocles can get it, even if Ash gets Pikashunium-Z afterwards. And regarding Mallow, don't you think Rowlet will use Bloom Doom as a Rowlet/Datrix? It can only use Sinister Arrow Raid after fully evolving into Decidueye.

Ash having Electrium-Z doesn't stop Sophocles from getting it later. It's not as if there is only one of each type of Z-Crystal. As for Rowlet using Bloom Doom, I specifically stated in my earlier post:

If/when Rowlet fully evolves and Ash gets Decidium-Z, that frees up Grassium-Z for Mallow to use. If/when Litten fully evolves and Ash gets Incinium-Z, that frees up Firium-Z for Kiawe to keep using.

Of course Rowlet and Dartrix can't use Sinister Arrow Raid. But if/when Rowlet fully evolves into Decidueye, then it can use Sinister Arrow Raid, and Ash will probably use that over Bloom Doom, which frees up Bloom Doom for Mallow to use.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash having Electrium-Z doesn't stop Sophocles from getting it later. It's not as if there is only one of each type of Z-Crystal.
Wonder how will Sophocles will earn a Z-crystal. If he does, it would make the intruiging thing that Ash got the Electrum-Z from Tapu Koko (which first shattered) and then later through a replacement of Z-crystal by Tapu Koko rather cheap to be honest. I still think Sophocles is going to leave anyway though.

As for Rowlet using Bloom Doom, I specifically stated in my earlier post:

Of course Rowlet and Dartrix can't use Sinister Arrow Raid. But if/when Rowlet fully evolves into Decidueye, then it can use Sinister Arrow Raid, and Ash will probably use that over Bloom Doom, which frees up Bloom Doom for Mallow to use.
As I said above. Ash will gain the Grassium-Z by winning trails. If Mallow does the same thing as well, it would be rather repeatative.

The only thing that could make this plausible is probably if Ash hands over his Electrium-Z and Grassium-Z to Sophocles and Mallow respectively after getting Pikashunium-Z and Deciduium-Z, but I really feel that's unlikely.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I want to see her earn it in battle but I'm not too keen on evolving just to beat Wishiwashi since it's been done before. I'd personally want Popplio to evolve after the battle (although two rewards could be cheap, I feel evolving represents the stronger bond they now have).

Also for Ash...not to get Waterium-Z. Should really put this in CO's thread but I'm happy for Ash to just have two or a few more crystals. Unless other characters get a few more crystals too then I'd be fine with more variety on Ash's part.
Never said Popplio would evolve just to beat the Totem. It would just be some random, unrelated incident that causes Popplio to evolve (personally, I'm hoping it evolves to save Lana from Team Skull for obvious reasons). Then maybe Lana would try challenging the Totem again after realizing how much stronger it becomes.

I agree in that I don't think Ash is getting that many Z-Crystals. Personally, I'm expecting him to wind up from somewhere between 7-10. One for each member of his team, plus Normalium-Z because everyone can use those plus Pikashunium, Decidium, and Incinium-Z.

Ugh, no just no. Once is enough, Mallow's the only one I'd want to see fight a Totem to earn her signature stone as she feels like an actual main character unlike Sophocles and Lana.
And don't even compare it to gyms, that is NOTHING like that. You're just facing against the Totem and it's helpers, that will be boring as hell to watch twice within a few episodes.
The other characters don't need z-stones. Only Ash, the TRio, Kiawe, and Lillie really need them. And possibly Mallow.
How does Mallow feel like more of a main character when she hasn't done **** since her focus episode? Especially when compared to Lana, who helped out in SM22, has gotten more and more comical moments and minor focus in recent episodes, is going to have significant interactions with Sophocles in the next episode, and, most importantly, actually showed interest in learning the Z-Move pose of her Pokemon? Mallow has been shoehorned into more conflicts and episodes, but she hasn't done anything in them.

I know that you hate Lana and all, but let's face it: she's contributed a lot more in recent episodes than Mallow has. In fact, I said this in another thread, but I think Mallow needs another focus episode, one more like SM14.

As for the Gym thing, Totem Pokemon basically are the Gym Leaders of the region. You still face two or three Pokemon, the only difference is that the opponent isn't human. I don't think it's any different from when both Ash and Dawn battled Maylene or when Ash and Cilan battled Skyla aside from a potential reward for the companion as well as Ash (and that's not a bad thing). I don't think it would be boring either as there would be different Pokemon and different strategies involved.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Do you guys think that Ash's formerly owned Greninja should've learned Mat Block?

If Greninja would have learned Mat Block, which move would he had to forget? Double Team or Cut? Let's see what happens with each scenario:
Forgets Double Team: Still knows three attack moves, but can't create copies of himself: Water Shuriken, Cut, Aerial Ace, Mat Block
Forgets Cut: Now will only know two attack moves, but can still make copies of himself: Water Shruiken, Aerial Ace, Mat Block, Double Team

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think if it learned Mat Block, it most likely would have forgotten Double Team. They wouldn't have given Greninja just two offensive moves.

And on the topic of Greninja, I dunno why, but I feel it has a decent chance to return, probably during the UB plot.

SinnohEevee

So, will Meowth learn Night Slash (or was it Night Shade)?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So, will Meowth learn Night Slash (or was it Night Shade)?

Night Slash. Meowth can't learn Night Shade. And I don't think he may, as he's a very weak battler, and says night slash is too scary to learn. Meowth's main role has always been to plan and manipulate. He's basically a human in pokemon form.

SinnohEevee

Night Slash. Meowth can't learn Night Shade. And I don't think he may, as he's a very weak battler, and says night slash is too scary to learn. Meowth's main role has always been to plan and manipulate. He's basically a human in pokemon form.

Can Bewear learn Dark-type moves?

SinnohEevee

So maybe Bewear will get cought. Else, the Z-Crystal would be useless.

ShadowForce720

So maybe Bewear will get cought. Else, the Z-Crystal would be useless.

Will Mimikyu can learn Feint Attack, Thief, Fling, Payback and Dark Pulse, while Mareanie can learn Bite, and Payback and then even Meowth can learn some Dark type moves, so if they don't catch Bewear, that doesn't mean the Dark type Z-crystal will be useless, as it would mean is that one of their other pokemon will learn a Dark type move or they will catch something that can learn a Dark type move.

Although personally I think it's pretty likely that Jessie will probably catch Bewear now and then have it use the Dark type Z-move.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let's see now in regards to Bewear maybe this will be it's move set once it gets caught:

Bewear:
-Brutal Swing
-Hammer Arm
- Superpower
- Thrash

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Will Mimikyu can learn Feint Attack, Thief, Fling, Payback and Dark Pulse, while Mareanie can learn Bite, and Payback and then even Meowth can learn some Dark type moves, so if they don't catch Bewear, that doesn't mean the Dark type Z-crystal will be useless, as it would mean is that one of their other pokemon will learn a Dark type move or they will catch something that can learn a Dark type move.

Although personally I think it's pretty likely that Jessie will probably catch Bewear now and then have it use the Dark type Z-move.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let's see now in regards to Bewear maybe this will be it's move set once it gets caught:

Bewear:
-Brutal Swing
-Hammer Arm
- Superpower
- Thrash

That's honestly a ridiculously strong moveset for any anime pokemon that isn't even e4 or champion owned.

ShadowForce720

That's honestly a ridiculously strong moveset for any anime pokemon that isn't even e4 or champion owned.

Considering how Bewear is being treated in the anime that move set isn't really that far out there and is possible. I mean after all Bewear is being depicted as a ridiculously strong pokemon, so it having a ridiculously strong move set actually makes a lot sense.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

Bewear:
-Brutal Swing
-Hammer Arm
- Superpower
- Thrash

If Team Rocket catches Bewear with that moveset, this would be the strongest TRio team ever. I bet some will say, "wow, TRio is amazing in this series." And then, of course there are some who will go, "I still hate TRio. Please nerf them!"

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If Team Rocket catches Bewear with that moveset, this would be the strongest TRio team ever. I bet some will say, "wow, TRio is amazing in this series." And then, of course there are some who will go, "I still hate TRio. Please nerf them!"

If TR got a bewear with that moveset, they might as well forget pikachu, and challenge trials and leagues. They may even have a better chance of winning a league than Ash ever had.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
If TR got a bewear with that moveset, they might as well forget pikachu, and challenge trials and leagues. They may even have a better chance of winning a league than Ash ever had.

With this team, if TRio does win a major league before Ash does, then there will be salt all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.