• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Great. More fuel for the whole "Rowlet is the gag mon" theory. -_- Although surely Oshawott and Chespin weren't the most popular in their generations, either.

Then again the way he worded it means that Infernape and Torterra were more popular then Empoleon with Piplup being more popular then Empoleon, where as Rowlet's situation you have a case where both Rowlet and Decidueye are the most popular of the Alolan starters in their respective stages, and plus not only is Decidueye the most popular out of the final evolutions, also I'm not sure but I don't think Rowlet is more popular then Decidueye and even if Rowlet is more popular then Decidueye I don't think it would be that much.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Great. More fuel for the whole "Rowlet is the gag mon" theory. -_- Although surely Oshawott and Chespin weren't the most popular in their generations, either.

Not really tbh as people seem to love Decidueye and Rowlet pretty equally. Definitely much more then they like Incineroar.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
yes but you really can't compare the two since there in different situation, while it's true that Empoleon was popular to a certain extent, it wasn't the most popular, as the most popular pokemon out of the final stage evolutions of the Sinnoh Starters was Infernape, followed by Torterra with Empoleon being the least popular, where as in Decidueye's case Decidueye is the most popular of the final stages of the Alolan starters followed by Primarina and with Incineroar being the least popular out of the final evolutions of the Alolan starters.

Proof/Source pls? The online polls I've seen suggest otherwise. How is it even possible for Piplup to be the most popular base form and Empolean the least popular fully evolved ? They are the same line, if you pick Piplup you get Empoleon.

ShadowForce720

Proof/Source pls? The online polls I've seen suggest otherwise. How is it even possible for Piplup to be the most popular base form and Empolean the least popular fully evolved ? They are the same line, if you pick Piplup you get Empoleon.

It shouldn't come as that much of a surprise that a starter's base stage could be the most popular in it's generation when compared to other starters of it's generation, but that it's final stage evolution winds up being the least popular. As for the whole if you pick Piplup you get Empoleon, while that is true the if you fully evolve Piplup all the way you get Empoleon but you seem to be forgetting that you don't have to evolve your starter as you can press the B button to stop the process and even give it an ever stone so that you don't have to worry about it evolving.

For instance some people's favorite Kalos starter is Fennekin, but if you ask some of those same people that said Fennekin was there favorite starter about what they think of Fennekin's final evolution Delphox, some of those same people that said that Fennekin was their favorite Kalos starter would say that they hate Delphox and prefer Greninja and/or Chesnaught over Delphox. Just because a the base stage of the starter pokemon may wind up being the most popular out of that gens starters doesn't mean that the same will hold true for it's evolutions.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
I feel like the Gen 3 and Gen 4 starters were actually pretty even in popularity..they were all pretty well received in general so I don't know who was the most popular.

Oshawott definitely was not and neither was Samurott most people seem to like Dewott though. When X and Y was first revealed Chespin was the second most popular behind Fennekin and Froakie was the least popular but that changed once people started to see what Froakie was based on.

Though if there is one thing about Rowlet he does fill the role of the regional flyer for Ash and they all end up evolving in the end.

Oshawott was actually very popular in Japan, in a poll in Nintendo Dream that came put after BW's release, it was in the top 10 (Snivy and Serperior beat it though). The recent Japanese Election poll also had it in the top 100, though that's probably because of the anime.

As for the rest of its line, Samurott isn't that popular for a starter as it missed the top 100 in the Japanese poll, but it did do better then the Gen 2 and 5 starters as well as beat the other two Gen 6 ones. As for Dewott, it's honestly overrated as it wasn't even close to Samurott on the Japanese poll and it's never beaten Samurott in western ones like Dorkly's.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
It shouldn't come as that much of a surprise that a starter's base stage could be the most popular in it's generation when compared to other starters of it's generation, but that it's final stage evolution winds up being the least popular. As for the whole if you pick Piplup you get Empoleon, while that is true the if you fully evolve Piplup all the way you get Empoleon but you seem to be forgetting that you don't have to evolve your starter as you can press the B button to stop the process and even give it an ever stone so that you don't have to worry about it evolving.

For instance some people's favorite Kalos starter is Fennekin, but if you ask some of those same people that said Fennekin was there favorite starter about what they think of Fennekin's final evolution Delphox, some of those same people that said that Fennekin was their favorite Kalos starter would say that they hate Delphox and prefer Greninja and/or Chesnaught over Delphox. Just because a the base stage of the starter pokemon may wind up being the most popular out of that gens starters doesn't mean that the same will hold true for it's evolutions.

This is all anecdotes and conjecture. I'm sure TPC has their own internal date so unless you work for them I doubt you have access to this kind of info.

I've seen some reddit surveys here and there (example: https://infogr.am/welcome_your_first_project-84148) but obviously this can't be extrapolated to represent the global fan base. Though for what its worth the source has Empolean as #1 amoung the three.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
This is all anecdotes and conjecture. I'm sure TPC has their own internal date so unless you work for them I doubt you have access to this kind of info.

I've seen some reddit surveys here and there (example: https://infogr.am/welcome_your_first_project-84148) but obviously this can't be extrapolated to represent the global fan base. Though for what its worth the source has Empolean as #1 amoung the three.

Look at Pokemon Election (Japan Poll) that Greninja won. Infernape is in #70 and Empoleon in #121.

Japan: Infernape > Empoleon > Torterra
West: Empoleon > Infernape > Torterra

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
To be honest I think Rotom is the comedic relief Pokemon this time around

Doesn't count.
He's his own character like Meowth is.
Rowlet's the only one with a 'gag'. You don't see Rockruff or Litten doing 'funny' stuff. Rowlet has that annoying sleep 'gag' and a crush on Steenne, that's two strikes against him. He's most likely staying Rowlet.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Rowlet has that annoying sleep 'gag' and a crush on Steenne, that's two strikes against him. He's most likely staying Rowlet.

Rowlet is nocturnal just like owls. Owls are sleeping during the day.
Rowlet doesn't have a crush on Steenne. Sweet Scent caused it to fall in love.

Unlike Oshawott and Chespin, Rowlet is so good at battling.

It might fully evolve because:
-Rowlet is playing the regional bird's role, because it had a family with Pikipek Line and Ash is not getting a regional bird this gen.
-Rowlet and its evolutionary line canonically act funny and weird (Sleepy, Birdbrain, etc), as Pokedex said.
-Rowlet is using "stealthy archer" battle style. (Decidueye is an archer)
-Decidueye is the most popular Fully Evolved Alola Starter in Japan. (Same with Primarina)

Just look at their dex entries. Rowlet's personality is similar to its dex entry.
Rowlet = Sleepy (during the day)
Dartrix = Birdbrain
Decidueye = Seized by panic after getting surprised

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

-Rowlet is playing the regional bird's role, because it had a family with Pikipek Line and Ash is not getting a regional bird this gen.
-Rowlet and its evolutionary line canonically act funny and weird (Sleepy, Birdbrain, etc), as Pokedex said.
-Decidueye is the most popular Fully Evolved Alola Starter in Japan. (Same with Primarina)

I couldn't agree more. I really want to see Rowlet as a Decidueye and see it fighting as an archer. I also wonder how they will animate Spirit Shackle since the arrow hit the Pokémon's shadow and not itself.

JD

Oshawott was actually very popular in Japan, in a poll in Nintendo Dream that came put after BW's release, it was in the top 10 (Snivy and Serperior beat it though). The recent Japanese Election poll also had it in the top 100, though that's probably because of the anime.

As for the rest of its line, Samurott isn't that popular for a starter as it missed the top 100 in the Japanese poll, but it did do better then the Gen 2 and 5 starters as well as beat the other two Gen 6 ones. As for Dewott, it's honestly overrated as it wasn't even close to Samurott on the Japanese poll and it's never beaten Samurott in western ones like Dorkly's.

Really? I thought most people liked Dewott, I always thought Samurott was alright but saw people not caring for it too much since it looked so drastically different.

Oshawott wasn't bad at battling either early on that is.
Vs Pansage: Win
Vs Tranquil: L
Vs Watchog(1): Loss
Vs Watchog(2): Draw
Vs: Blitzle(Win)

That was up until the 28th episode of Black and White, Rowlets beaten Yungoos and Crabrawler so far though I think it's record will ultimately be better.

Also Rowlet falling asleep..isn't really helpful it just renders itself unable to battle and if it does it in other battles I could see that becoming annoying. If it happened in an important battle I'm sure people would complain about it. I don't know if it would stop sleeping once evolving into Dartrix or Decidueye I sure hope so.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Rowlet also isn't hogging screentime away from Ash's other Pokemon, randomly coming out of its Poke Ball, or running away from/acting scared in front of opponenets much larger than itself, like pretty much every other gag mon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Rowlet is a gagmon. Rowlet sleeps frequently because it is nocturnal. And, it doesn't have a crush on Steenee. Sweet Scent caused him to fall in love. Rowlet also doesn't act scared around bigger Pokemon or hog screentime away from his other Pokemon either.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Because OS outside of the Master Quest season of Johto is known for having gripping battles, right? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I'm fine with the four-move limit because otherwise there'd be too many *** pulls and DEM wins.

It is ironic to say the least. The OS allowed Pokemon to have as many moves as they wanted but had short battles. The later sagas limited Pokemon to 4 moves but the battles are much longer. I understand the 4 move rule and support it but seeing the same attacks again and again over a long battle does get tiresome at times.

JD

Well here's my prediction for Ash's Alola Team.

Ash
[IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/025.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/724.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/727.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/745.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/766.png[/IMG139][IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/028-a.png[/IMG139]

Temporarily
[IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon/791.png[/IMG139]

Pikachu:
Decidueye: I hope that Rowlet ultimately evolves all the way, I think it will evolve at some point on Akala Island and evolve into Decidueye on Poni Island.
Incineroar: I think that Litten has a good chance at evolving all the way and ill serve as Ash's ace. It will evolve into Torracat at some point on UlaUla Island and would then evolve into Incineroar against Nanu. Incineroar would go through some tension with Ash but after a while they would develop a close bond with each other.
Lycanroc: Rockruff is probably bound to evolve soon, I think he will end up evolving in order to help Ash beat Olivia's Lycanroc. After evolving its personality would remain the same.
Passimian: I think that Passimian will be Ash's next capture, Ash would meet a group of Passimian at Lush Jungle and one would specifically take interest in Ash. After beating it in battle with Pikachu, Ash would capture it and it would soon become one of the powerhouses on his team.
Sandslash: The last Pokemon Ash would obtain and his first steel type. It would be obtained as an egg from Sophocles cousin Molayne; and would later hatch later on Ula Ula Islan after the egg would be stolen by Team Skull. Sandshrew would be a shy Pokemon usually curling up in a ball but would be a capable battler being used to help Ash win his last Grand Trial. It would evolve into Sandslash on Mt. Lanaklla after finding an Ice Stone.

Solgaleo: I don't know how likely this is, but in the anime I am hoping that two Cosmogs are introduced one(Nebby) that bonds with Lillie and another one that chooses to follow Ash. Ash would meet a Cosmog that mysteriously came from The Lake of the Sunne/Moon and it would follow him around evolving into Cosmoem during the climax. It would then evolve into Solgaleo while Nebby would evolve into Lunala and together the two would help defend Alola from the Ultra Beast and Aether Foundation. Ash would command Solgaleo for a brief period of time before ultimately parting ways with it.

Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball
Decidueye: Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Brave Bird, Leafage
Incineroar: Darkest Lariat, Flamethrower, Brutal Swing, Flame Charge
Lycanroc: Accelerock, Crunch, Rock Climb, Stealth Rock
Passimian: Bulk Up, Double Edge, Close Combat, Energy Ball
Sandslash: Ice Ball, Metal Claw, Bide, Blizzard

Solgaleo: Flamethrower, Sunsteel Strike, Morning Sun, Hyper Beam

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here are all the Pokemon I can see Ash having:

Cutiefly
Dewpider
Passimian
Oranguru
Wimpod
Drampa
Dhelmise
Jangmo-o
Alolan Sandshrew

If Sinnoh remakes do happen, then Ash can catch one of these Pokemon:
Tangela
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Sneasel
Ralts
Duskull
Combee
Shellos
Drifloon
Bronzor
Riolu
Hippopotas
Skorupi
Snover

esquilo09

Here are all the Pokemon I can see Ash having:

Cutiefly
Dewpider
Passimian
Oranguru
Wimpod
Drampa
Dhelmise
Jangmo-o
Alolan Sandshrew

If Sinnoh remakes do happen, then Ash can catch one of these Pokemon:
Tangela
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Sneasel
Ralts
Duskull
Combee
Shellos
Drifloon
Bronzor
Riolu
Hippopotas
Skorupi
Snover

While I always wanted Ash to have a Weavile, the chances are 0% since last saga it, along with it's pre evolved form were used for evil... And I don't think he will catch a Murkrow unless Rowlet fully evolves thus making them having different battle styles. I don't think he will catch a Skorupi since they're doomed to be used by recurring evil team grunts, admins or whatever. As for Hippopotas, as long it is the same from Sinnoh saga, I don't see it. Ash had many chances to catch a Riolu and they were all overlooked, so I don't think he will catch one, besides one canine-like Pokémon is already enough. The only Pokémons I see Ash catching for DP remakes are Tangela, Snover since they have different battle styles than Rowlet line, Duskull, Drifloon and Misdreavus since they have a different battle style than Decidueye. Shellos is a possibility since it would be his water type and a tank since both Shellos and Incineroar are slow. Combee could work if they would have him catch a female one so it can evolve. Ralts to Gallade could work and would be his first humanoid Pokémon. Bronzor would be an excellent choice to be his first steel and psychic type Pokémon in case he doesn't catch Alolan Sandshrew and Oranguru. Is there some comeback against my opnion? Just quote it if you feel like it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
While I always wanted Ash to have a Weavile, the chances are 0% since last saga it, along with it's pre evolved form were used for evil... And I don't think he will catch a Murkrow unless Rowlet fully evolves thus making them having different battle styles. I don't think he will catch a Skorupi since they're doomed to be used by recurring evil team grunts, admins or whatever. As for Hippopotas, as long it is the same from Sinnoh saga, I don't see it. Ash had many chances to catch a Riolu and they were all overlooked, so I don't think he will catch one, besides one canine-like Pokémon is already enough. The only Pokémons I see Ash catching for DP remakes are Tangela, Snover since they have different battle styles than Rowlet line, Duskull, Drifloon and Misdreavus since they have a different battle style than Decidueye. Shellos is a possibility since it would be his water type and a tank since both Shellos and Incineroar are slow. Combee could work if they would have him catch a female one so it can evolve. Ralts to Gallade could work and would be his first humanoid Pokémon. Bronzor would be an excellent choice to be his first steel and psychic type Pokémon in case he doesn't catch Alolan Sandshrew and Oranguru. Is there some comeback against my opnion? Just quote it if you feel like it.

You explained it well.

SinnohEevee

I would rather they bring back some of Ash's underdeveloped Pokémon back like Gible.

Status
Not open for further replies.