• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Rowlet also isn't hogging screentime away from Ash's other Pokemon, randomly coming out of its Poke Ball, or running away from/acting scared in front of opponenets much larger than itself, like pretty much every other gag mon.

It has forced moments like Oshawott had though.
Sleeping, always being shown in that bag..... it's annoying. At least Oshawott was funny

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't think that Rowlet is a gagmon. Rowlet sleeps frequently because it is nocturnal. And, it doesn't have a crush on Steenee. Sweet Scent caused him to fall in love. Rowlet also doesn't act scared around bigger Pokemon or hog screentime away from his other Pokemon either.

The fact that he sleeps so much is what makes me take him less seriously however. I mean it's not a gag per se cuz he doesn't do it to be funny, but it makes him look unmotivated compared to Litten and Rockruff.

SinnohEevee

If Lillie Nebby, will she be the only one to get a Cosmog? Thing is that Cosmog has two final forms. Maybe someone will get another Cosmog (like in the games) and fully evolve it, but if that happens, it would surely not be Ash, as fans would be pissed he wouldn't be able to catch it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If Lillie Nebby, will she be the only one to get a Cosmog? Thing is that Cosmog has two final forms. Maybe someone will get another Cosmog (like in the games) and fully evolve it, but if that happens, it would surely not be Ash, as fans would be pissed he wouldn't be able to catch it.

I will be Ash, I bet. And and Lillie both befriending a Cosmog with Ash's evolving into Solgaleo Lillie's evolving into Lunala is a very much possible scenario. The protagonist and the dueteragonist both getting one.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

Gladion and Lillie for me because these two have stakes against their mother and their story will be complete - regardless of Type: Null for Gladion or not.

If Ash gets a Cosmog then it'll only be released via some contrived reason because no way in hell will a legendary be residing at Oak's once SM is complete.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I don't think anyone will catch Cosmog.
Nebby will likely be taken care of by Lillie, just like Larvitar and Squishy.
Another Comsog might be taken care of by Ash or Gladion, or be used by Aether Foundation.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
Really? I thought most people liked Dewott, I always thought Samurott was alright but saw people not caring for it too much since it looked so drastically different.

Oshawott wasn't bad at battling either early on that is.
Vs Pansage: Win
Vs Tranquil: L
Vs Watchog(1): Loss
Vs Watchog(2): Draw
Vs: Blitzle(Win)

That was up until the 28th episode of Black and White, Rowlets beaten Yungoos and Crabrawler so far though I think it's record will ultimately be better.

Also Rowlet falling asleep..isn't really helpful it just renders itself unable to battle and if it does it in other battles I could see that becoming annoying. If it happened in an important battle I'm sure people would complain about it. I don't know if it would stop sleeping once evolving into Dartrix or Decidueye I sure hope so.

Dewott is like Dragonair where there's a group of fans understandably disappointed with the next evolution, but said group tends to be smaller then they let on. Like Dragonite, Samurott has always been more popular then it's pre-evolved form, Dewott's fanbase is just more vocal.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Rowlet's battling record so far precisely is-

vs Oricorio- L
vs ally Yungoos- W
vs Totem Gumshoos- L
vs Crabawler- W

Honestly, it's a bit strech to say that it has done way better than Oshawott, if we see Oshawott's earlier battle record.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The fact that he sleeps so much is what makes me take him less seriously however. I mean it's not a gag per se cuz he doesn't do it to be funny, but it makes him look unmotivated compared to Litten and Rockruff.
*looks at the screenshots for SM27*

You were saying?

And it's still got that stealthy battle style.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
erm, that's a throwaway evolution, kinda.

Any words on next capture/ evolution for Ash?

...throwaway? It's happened. It's canon. And Mallow is just as much a character as Ash (who has four Pokemon already, one who has gone through hardship and another who has set up a rivalry).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
erm, that's a throwaway evolution, kinda.

Any words on next capture/ evolution for Ash?
Some think SM20 might be foreshadowing Wimpod, but personally, I'm not expecting him to catch any more Pokemon anytime soon. He ahoukd develop the ones he already has.

As for evolutions, there was this Ash vs. Team Rocket deck that seems to hint Rockruff will evolve to Midday form at some point. But starters never evolve early, so don't expect Rowlet or Litten to evolve anytime soon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Some think SM20 might be foreshadowing Wimpod, but personally, I'm not expecting him to catch any more Pokemon anytime soon. He ahoukd develop the ones he already has.

As for evolutions, there was this Ash vs. Team Rocket deck that seems to hint Rockruff will evolve to Midday form at some point. But starters never evolve early, so don't expect Rowlet or Litten to evolve anytime soon.

But if Rowlet's meant to be the regional bird...

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I like the idea of there being two Cosmog, so we can see both Solgaleo and Lunala in the main anime. I have no doubt that Lillie will end up caring for one Cosmog. As for who takes care of the other one, I have a feeling it will be Ash, just because he is the protagonist, and because having Cosmog in his care would give him a more personal reason to be involved in the Aether plot (other than wanting to help Lillie). However, I like Frozocrone's idea of Gladion taking care of the second Cosmog, because the personal stakes are higher for him than they are for Ash.

I don't think anyone will actually catch a Cosmog. I think it will be like Squishy or Meloetta--a legendary under the main characters' care until they let it go back to wherever.

SinnohEevee

I like the idea of there being two Cosmog, so we can see both Solgaleo and Lunala in the main anime. I have no doubt that Lillie will end up caring for one Cosmog. As for who takes care of the other one, I have a feeling it will be Ash, just because he is the protagonist, and because having Cosmog in his care would give him a more personal reason to be involved in the Aether plot (other than wanting to help Lillie). However, I like Frozocrone's idea of Gladion taking care of the second Cosmog, because the personal stakes are higher for him than they are for Ash.

I don't think anyone will actually catch a Cosmog. I think it will be like Squishy or Meloetta--a legendary under the main characters' care until they let it go back to wherever.

I dunno if Gladion can handle two "wanted" (by AF) Pokémon. And fans would be pissed if he doesn't get Type: Null.

Zygarde said it will go to Bonnie when she becomes a Trainer.

But I agree about having two Cosmog so that both games mascots get equal promotion.

Red and Blue

I brought this up in the episode thread, but there was a Wimpod shown briefly in the episode. Could it be the same one from episode 20?

ShadowForce720

So far that has been the case, however that doesn't really mean that one of the starters won't or couldn't evolve earlier then expected, for instance it wouldn't be that surprising Rowlet were to evolve soon, oh another choice is Popplio, you mention that Popplio knows Bubble Beam a move that it gets later in it's move set that means Popplio has some experience, however by that same token considering Bubble Beam is usually a move that Popplio learns after evolving then it having Bubble Beam means that it also has enough experience that could indicate that it could possibly evolve pretty soon.

I dunno if Gladion can handle two "wanted" (by AF) Pokémon. And fans would be pissed if he doesn't get Type: Null.

Zygarde said it will go to Bonnie when she becomes a Trainer.

But I agree about having two Cosmog so that both games mascots get equal promotion.

What are you talking about, Satomine Night didn't say anything about Gladion getting a Cosmog he said that the person who would probably get the 2nd cosmog would be Ash, so I don't where the whole Gladion can't handle two "wanted"(by AF) pokemon is coming from since in this case Gladion would only have Type: Null while Lillie and Ash both have Cosmog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.