• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Because it's already going to have a tough time with it's sale considering it's coming out the year following Sun and Moon, but now your also saying that oh gen 8 should come out in 2018, if that happens it's going to kill Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon sales because people would see buying Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as waste of money and wouldn't see the point in buying it when they know they could just wait and get gen 8 in 2018.
I fail to see how USM coming our one year later would hurt its sales. Especially since November is the ideal time for buying gifts.

ShadowForce720

I fail to see how USM coming our one year later would hurt its sales. Especially since November is the ideal time for buying gifts.

People just bought Sun and Moon last year and it's being suggested that gen 8 will come out next year so basically the problem USM runs into is why should people bother buying it and not just wait for gen 8 games. Because people are going to see getting Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as a waste of money as why should they buy a game that they think will only have minor differences from Sun and Moon when they could just wait for the gen 8 games.

nickdt

Well... considering its also a Switch title, people who don't have Switch yet need to set their priorities. And i don't think you would buy USUM and the Switch in the same year if you already have SuMo while you can buy the Switch and wait until 2018 to buy gen 8. True Pokemon fans would do both, but since Pokemon is merchandising towards a child audience, i doubt parents would buy a Switch and USUM if a new gen is coming out a year later. 2019 would be a better move for the new game.

desdar300

I really don't think that it's coming out in 2018, because if you look at it does not make sense marketing wise to do that because you would essentially be killing the sales for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon if gen 8 were to come out in 2018.
I'm pretty sure he means we'll see (Footage) of it next year

desdar300

I won't mind if it's just the footage, but what a lot of people are trying to suggest is that Gen 8 will come out in 2018, which I doubt that would be the case.
I doubt it since they'll need a break to work on the games.
It'll likely hit in 2019 and have some beta footage teased at E3 2018

Red and Blue

If SM is only two years it looks like we won't have to wait long for Ash to get his last two Pokemon. Heck, he might get both on Akala.

esquilo09

I think what he was saying is that while the games might be alternate versions, the anime is still in line with SM. It wouldn't make sense to have say regular Pidgey in one episode and then 10 episode later when Ultra SM come out to have an Alolan form. What this means is that pokemon we've already seen in the anime that are their regular forms can't have an Alolan form in the anime. For instance, all these pokemon were seen in SM episode 1:

Pikachu (Ash's)
Popplio (Lana's; debut)
Lapras (Lana's)
Charizard (Kiawe's)
Turtonator (Kiawe's; debut)
Togedemaru (Sophocles's; debut)
Bounsweet (Mallow's; debut)
Mr. Mime (Delia's; Mimey)
Zubat (Wrap's; ×3)
Salandit (Tupper's; ×3; debut)
Yungoos (Zip's; ×3; debut)
Machamp (Trainer's; ×2)
Machoke (Trainer's)
Drifloon (Trainer's; ×4)
Whimsicott (Trainer's; ×3)
Mankey (Trainer's)
Abra (Trainer's; ×2)
Machop (Trainer's; ×3)
Petilil (Trainer's; ×2)
Growlithe (Trainer's; ×2)
Sableye (Trainer's; ×6; one in flashback)
Exeggcute (Trainer's)
Cubone (Trainer's; ×2)
Poliwag (Trainer's)
Dratini (Trainer's)
Corsola (Trainer's; ×2)
Staryu (Trainer's)
Happiny (Trainer's; ×2)
Herdier (Trainer's; ×2)
Smeargle (Trainer's; ×2)
Makuhita (Trainer's; ×3)
Eevee (Trainer's; ×2)
Krokorok (Trainer's)
Murkrow (Trainer's)
Elekid (Trainer's; ×2)
Emolga (Trainer's)
Slowpoke (Trainer's)
Pichu (Trainer's)
Bonsly (Trainer's)
Riolu (Trainer's; ×2; one in flashback)
Pancham (Trainer's)
Parasect (Trainer's)
Paras (Trainer's)
Lillipup (Trainer's; ×2; one in flashback)
Sandile (Trainer's)
Primeape (Trainer's)
Boldore (Trainer's)
Oddish (Trainer's; flashback)
Butterfree (Trainer's; flashback)
Nidoran (Trainer's; flashback)
Nidoran (Trainer's; flashback)
Golem (Trainer's; flashback)
Golduck (Trainer's; flashback)
Sandslash (Trainer's; flashback)
Litten (anime; debut)
Tapu Koko (anime; debut)
Bewear (anime; debut)
Tauros (Ride Pokémon; multiple)
Sharpedo (Ride Pokémon)
Wingull (multiple)
Bonsly (×3)
Sudowoodo
Slowpoke
Luvdisc (multiple)
Relicanth
Chinchou (×3)
Finneon (multiple)
Shellder (×3)
Staryu
Lumineon (×2)
Alomomola
Corsola
Milotic
Pyukumuku (debut)
Bruxish (debut)
Wailmer
Carvanha
Exeggutor (Alola Form; debut)
Grubbin (debut)
Surskit (×2)
Slowpoke
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Aurorus (fossil)
Aerodactyl (fossil)
Rampardos (fossil)

What this means is that UNLESS it's specifically stated that these pokemon were bought over from other regions, they can't have Alolan forms as it wouldn't make sense in the established SM anime. I would also assume it takes a long time for these pokemon's genes and dna to evolve so they aren't gonna change overnight if theirs some massive climate change for instance.

*Mimics Pesto* Are you saying that there won't be any new regional variants? That there will be only alternate forms for legendaries/mythical Pokémons? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hopefully Gen 8 comes out next year so this CRAP called the alola anime ends.
As I said in the other thread, SM was still a very successful game. It outsold XY and is almost, if not past, ORAS, and it won Famitsu's GOTY. All of that might convince that GF that SM's formula works and do something similar for Gen VIII.

Meaning there's no guarantee they'll just go back to doing gyms and permanent traveling even if we get Gen VIII in 2018 (which I highly doubt btw).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Hopefully it won't come out for at least 2 more years to put off the pointless gym quest which will end up with Ash losing the league like always and repetitive generic Team Rocket fillers. NOW that's a crappy anime imo

Everything12

Why are we talking about this in the Pokemon Speculation thread? I think the Pokemon Ash could catch are Passimian, Jangmo-o, and Alolan Sandshrew. Kisses could get Alolan Marowak. Mallow could get Fomantis. Lana could get Dewpider. Sophocles could get Alolan Geodude. No idea what Lillie could get, personally I think just Sharon will evolve and she will just take care of Nebby.

nickdt

Why are we talking about this in the Pokemon Speculation thread? I think the Pokemon Ash could catch are Passimian, Jangmo-o, and Alolan Sandshrew. Kisses could get Alolan Marowak. Mallow could get Fomantis. Lana could get Dewpider. Sophocles could get Alolan Geodude. No idea what Lillie could get, personally I think just Sharon will evolve and she will just take care of Nebby.

Actually, since Tapu Koko switched Fighting Z move with Electric one, i doubt Ash will catch a Fighting type.

Everything12

Actually, since Tapu Koko switched Fighting Z move with Electric one, i doubt Ash will catch a Fighting type.

True but then one of the Pokemon is a Alolan Form which people are still undecided if Ash will get one, so it's either a fighting type when Ash doesn't have Fightinium-Z or a Alolan Form which Ash might not get.

phantasystar69

It works for the games because there are still a lot of battles in there. However, it is making the anime boring (in my opinion of course) because the show's main focus isn't battling right now. Especially after Ash just got 2nd place in the last league. I hope they have some league at the end of the series and not just one final battle like the orange island.

nickdt

True but then one of the Pokemon is a Alolan Form which people are still undecided if Ash will get one, so it's either a fighting type when Ash doesn't have Fightinium-Z or a Alolan Form which Ash might not get.

Think Oranguru is the most likely together with Wimpod/Araquanid. Mudbray after that, so he doesn't double up on types.

Electrium Z/Steelium Z: Pikachu
Rowlet Line: Grassium Z/Decidium Z
Litten Line: Firium Z/Incinerium Z
Rockruff Line: Rockium Z
Oranguru: Breakneck Blitz/Psychinum Z
Mudbray: Groundium Z

I say Mudbray instead of the Water types, since i kinda think that Ash doesn't end up having Waterium Z or it gets replaced by Psychinium Z by Tapu Lele.

Last edited:

esquilo09

Think Oranguru is the most likely together with Wimpod/Araquanid. Mudbray after that, so he doesn't double up on types.

Electrium Z/Steelium Z: Pikachu
Rowlet Line: Grassium Z/Decidium Z
Litten Line: Firium Z/Incinerium Z
Rockruff Line: Rockium Z
Oranguru: Breakneck Blitz/Psychinum Z
Mudbray: Groundium Z

I say Mudbray instead of the Water types, since i kinda think that Ash doesn't end up having Waterium Z or it gets replaced by Psychinium Z by Tapu Lele.
Although I want Ash to catch a Mudbray, the chances are 0% since it debuted in a farm episode. Mudbray is the Skiddo 2.0

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I still don't get why some of you want him to get Mudbray/Mudsdale.
Don't you think him having only six Pokemon, and two of them being Rock and Ground will be boring? They're not that different from each other. They share pretty much the same advantages and disadvantages, with very few differences.
If he was getting reserves, it'd be fine. But he's not

Or it's a sign he isn't getting one anytime soon.
Neither Litten, Rockruff, or Rowlet can learn Fighting moves so the crystal would just rot. Meanwhile they'd have some time to go if they wanted to give him Electrium legitimately.... but what would be the point? They have two Pikachu ones they'd need to show off at that time.
I've written off Passimian as a possibility long ago, even though I would have wanted to see the lemur with Ash. But Jangmo-o is still a possibility if they're waiting until Poni to debut it. That would definitely be over a year based on the current pacing, maybe close to two.... though Poni will have to come faster if we really are getting Switch's game next year, it's obviously going to be the next generation so Sun/Moon has to end by then

SinnohEevee

As I said in the other thread, SM was still a very successful game. It outsold XY and is almost, if not past, ORAS, and it won Famitsu's GOTY. All of that might convince that GF that SM's formula works and do something similar for Gen VIII.

Meaning there's no guarantee they'll just go back to doing gyms and permanent traveling even if we get Gen VIII in 2018 (which I highly doubt btw).

Watch Game Freak troll us and bring back HMs in Gen VIII, saying Ride Pokémon are exclusive to the Alolan culture...

Status
Not open for further replies.