• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd rather Hoenn stop getting so much love. Johto needs it more. Anyway, if Alolan Roseland is a thing, wouldn't Roserade also need an Alola form? And if they do go with giving it to Mallow, that would mean it would probably still be a grass type (presumably Grass/Fairy or perhaps Grass/Fire for an interesting twist)

Roselia's technically both a Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon....
I'd prefer Sinnoh AND Johto Alolan formes actually, Johto and Sinnoh got the short stick when it came to Megas. Unova at least had the excuse of being too 'new'
Anything would be better than ever more Gen 1 love, I get it... it's gen 1, it's special. But I'm just sick of gen 1 for now. I'd happily accept an Alolan Flygon over Alolan Dragonite any day, Flygon got cheated in ORAS anyhow. Only gen 3 Dragon without anything special.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Just like the fact that there's a band called Volbeat, huh? :(

Darn. Sorry about that.

Red and Blue

So are we getting the 3rd Lycanroc two weeks from now? There's supposed to be a mystery Pokemon on the same day as the Rockruff focused episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So are we getting the 3rd Lycanroc two weeks from now? There's supposed to be a mystery Pokemon on the same day as the Rockruff focused episode.

I'm really hoping for a premonition about Rockruff evolving into that third mysterious form Tapu Lele in that episode. Or maybe Rockruff evolves into that third form in that episode (but that will feel a bit too rushed).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And since their main goal in Alola was to capture new Pokémon, there is no way they can talk their way out of getting in so much trouble if they don't bring back Bewear with them.

I don't see why Bewear would be necessary in terms of which new Pokemon they bring to Giovanni however. If Jessie and James have to give him something when they leave Alola, they could just give him Mimikyu and Mareanie. I'd just find it messed up if they handed Bewear over to Giovanni after how kind it's been to them. :[

Red and Blue

Alright, if the third form haopens in episode 37 I'm convinced Lycanroc3 will be Ash's ace. Sorry Litten.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Alright, if the third form haopens in episode 37 I'm convinced Lycanroc3 will be Ash's ace. Sorry Litten.
Too early to say that. Just because Rockruff is getting a lot of focus now doesn't mean it's going to continue getting a lot of focus in the future. Additionally, just because Litten isn't getting a lot of focus now doesn't mean it never will.

It also assumes Midnight Lycanroc will remain Gladion's ace, and we know it won't. Silvally will probably replace it later on.

I, for one, still think they dragged out Litten's capture far too long to make me think it won't be the ace.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

And what kind of development can it get after it's done evolving?
Litten was dragged on way too freaking long to not be the ace, he has the tragic backstory, and they have plenty they can do to develop his character.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Hey, Noibat evolved with little focus (it either shouldn't have evolved or gotten a lot more focus before it did, which of course would mean people complaining about the anime being biased toward Dragon type, so it was really a no-win situation) and was fairly powerful for something that was basically an infant.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Litten was dragged on way too freaking long to not be the ace, he has the tragic backstory, and they have plenty they can do to develop his character.

I agree that they dragged Litten's story way too long, but even if it has the tragic backstory like his other Fire type Powerhouses did, it still does not fully guarantee it'll be the ace. Pignite lost out in favour of Krookodile in BW, and it could happen here as well.

Also secondly, Litten's backstory is unlike the other Fire Type backstories which involved abusive trainers, and in turn, gave them the extra incentive and motivation to grow stronger. Litten's backstory doesn't involve any trainer, and it was just freeloading and living with a sick Stoutland.

So while I'm not saying Litten won't potentially evolve all the way to Incineroar, I just feel using the backstory this time isn't as applicable as previous times.

It also assumes Midnight Lycanroc will remain Gladion's ace, and we know it won't. Silvally will probably replace it later on.

Not necessarily though. Lycanroc 3 can still maintain the rivalry with Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc even if Silvally is Gladion's main powerhouse. This is a similar situation to Paul in DP, where his actual powerhouse was actually his Torterra, but the rivalry was between Electivire and Infernape.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Too early to say that. Just because Rockruff is getting a lot of focus now doesn't mean it's going to continue getting a lot of focus in the future. Additionally, just because Litten isn't getting a lot of focus now doesn't mean it never will.

I, for one, still think they dragged out Litten's capture far too long to make me think it won't be the ace.
It'd be kind of odd for Rockruff to get a special, rare third form( possibly granted from a guardian) only for it to be pushed aside. It has to have some significance.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Rockruff can have a rivalry with Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc; the seeds of that rivalry have already been planted. It can continue to get stronger even after it has evolved. After all, it will still have new moves to learn and weaknesses to overcome. If the hypothetical third form of Lycanroc does exist and Rockruff evolves into it, then I can't see Ash getting a rare form of Lycanroc only for it to be pushed aside; it will undoubtedly have a significant role.

Litten's tragic backstory does not guarantee it will be the regional ace. It is in the running for regional ace, but it's not guaranteed that status.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It'd be kind of odd for Rockruff to get a special, rare third form( possibly granted from a guardian) only for it to be pushed aside. It has to have some significance.
We don't know anything about this hypothetical third form, though. It might not necessarily be an Ash-Greninja or Infernape type of deal. In fact, if anyone could evolve Rockruff into this third form in USM, then it wouldn't make sense for it to be another Ash-Greninja. If it is that special, it would either have to be an event mon or given away by an NPC (like Zorua in BW2).

It's also entirely possible the starters will get something new in USM, something that could push Litten or Rowlet as the ace.

Basically, we need to wait and see what USM gives us.

Red and Blue

We don't know anything about this hypothetical third form, though. It might not necessarily be an Ash-Greninja or Infernape type of deal. In fact, if anyone could evolve Rockruff into this third form in USM, then it wouldn't make sense for it to be another Ash-Greninja. If it is that special, it would either have to be an event mon or given away by an NPC (like Zorua in BW2).

It's also entirely possible the starters will get something new in USM, something that could push Litten or Rowlet as the ace.

Basically, we need to wait and see what USM gives us.
But that's the thing. As far as everyone knows Lycanroc only has two forms. If everyone was able to evolve their Rockruff into the third form they would have done so long before Ash got his.

Granted we don't know how the third form will be attained, but if say only the player could get it just more proof of its significance

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Since Lycanroc's pretty popular, I do think its supposed new form would be showcased heavily around the time that US/UM comes out, tho I would hope that the honeymoon phase won't last too long, otherwise we'll end up with another Pokemon that overshadows others like a certain something in XYZ. ^^;

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
But that's the thing. As far as everyone knows Lycanroc only has two forms. If everyone was able to evolve their Rockruff into the third form they would have done so long before Ash got his.

Granted we don't know how the third form will be attained, but if say only the player could get it just more proof of its significance
It could just be a very rare form that did exist before, but very few people have or know about (though I suppose RotomDex not knowing of its existence would call that theory into question). Or it could be a situation where Ash's Lycanroc is the first of its kind, and it can be obtained in a feasible way. There are other options besides it being Ash-Greninja 2.0.

Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see.

Not necessarily though. Lycanroc 3 can still maintain the rivalry with Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc even if Silvally is Gladion's main powerhouse. This is a similar situation to Paul in DP, where his actual powerhouse was actually his Torterra, but the rivalry was between Electivire and Infernape.
Was this ever confirmed, though? I assumed Electivire was his ace.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Was this ever confirmed, though? I assumed Electivire was his ace.

Yes Electivire got much of the focus since it was an Elekid. It was basically Paul in a Pokémon form due to its attitude, and later on was a main rival to Chimchar. But Paul's starter was Turtwig, and he first experienced Reggie's loss to Brandon with it. After that he travelled to Hoenn, Johto and Kanto, where it evolved into Torterra and competed in the Leagues.

So yes, while Electivire got much of the focus in the DP series, Paul's Torterra was undoubtedly his actual ace since it was his strongest Pokémon.

So they can do something similar in Gladion's case, only in reverse, where his ace Silvally gets much of the focus, while his Midnight Lycanroc doesn't appear as much, but still is the main rival for Ash's Lycanroc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.