• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You should be careful with what you say, because we'll get Ashineroar

Nah, I don't have much doubts that the special ace of Ash in this region will be Dusk Lycanroc. Just look at its eyes: such cool and composed looks, purely ace like!

TheHumanPokedex

Yeah, but Ash-Greninja had the Water thing more associated with it: it had a Water Shuriken on its back. So the writers just wanted to portray Cut a Water type move, by making it kunai blades made of water. Probably the reason Greninja didn't get Night Slash.

They could have just made the water kunai glow with a purple aura and it would have worked fine, well in my opinion anyway.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
You should be careful with what you say, because we'll get Ashineroar

I feel there is more chance of Ash-Decidueye, than Ash-Incineroar if the creators/writers plan to go that way, since Decidueye is the more popular one of the Alola Starters final form.

But most likely that won't happen because there isn't much role of Mega's in this Gen yet, unlike the previous one (the writers didn't want Ash to get a 'Mega Stone' and 'Key Stone', so they chose this method with Ash-Greninja, and i think Greninja was the most popular fully evolved starter after Charizard, which might have contributed as to why it got that form).

Well if Gladion is the main rival for Ash this Saga, and the background behind Type: Null, is showcased properly while it becomes a major powerhouse for Gladion, then i believe that Ash would need a suitable strong pokemon to take on Type: Null.
Its possible that the role of opposition for Type: Null would be either taken by Ash's Dusk Lycanroc, or else Ash would get something else to rival it.

Last edited:

TheHumanPokedex

I feel there is more chance of Ash-Decidueye, than Ash-Incineroar if the creators/writers plan to go that way, since Decidueye is the more popular one of the Alola Starters final form.

But most likely that won't happen because there isn't much role of Mega's in this Gen yet, unlike the previous one (the writers didn't want Ash to get a 'Mega Stone' and 'Key Stone', so they chose this method with Ash-Greninja, and i think Greninja was the most popular fully evolved starter after Charizard, which might have contributed as to why it got that form).

Well if Gladion is the main rival for Ash this Saga, and the background behind Type: Null, is showcased properly while it becomes a major powerhouse for Gladion, then i believe that Ash would need a suitable strong pokemon to take on Type: Null.
Its possible that the role of opposition for Type: Null would be either taken by Ash's Dusk Lycanroc, or else Ash would get something else to rival it.

I think they might give Ash a different pokemon for a rivalry with Type: Null. And the 2 Lycanroc appear to have a rivalry or its at least developing

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'd honestly Lillie have the rivalry with Type: Null, if they do end up giving her Cosmog, assuming that the Cosmog line are also Ultra Beasts.

pokefandt

Yeah, but Ash-Greninja had the Water thing more associated with it: it had a Water Shuriken on its back. So the writers just wanted to portray Cut a Water type move, by making it kunai blades made of water. Probably the reason Greninja didn't get Night Slash.

Honestly, the real reason is probably because that Night Slash's Japanese name is something like Street Crossing Assassination, which isn't very kid friendly.

Pokemon Power

Well, I thought the Lycanroc form Rockruff would evolve into would be Midday Form, but the new Dusk Form works because it has elements from Lycanroc's other forms. Something tells me that once the next generation of Pokemon comes to pass, they'll make it so that Rockruff can evolve into any of the three forms in any game. Anyways, with the evolution out of the way, I wonder if and if so when Rowlet and Litten will evolve. Plus Ash still has two spots left on his team.

Red and Blue

Since from the look of it Dusk has nothing that unique about it outside of knowing both Counter and Accelerock, I'm hoping Litten still has a shot at being the ace.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think the fact that Rockruff evolved this early suggests it won't be the ace unless SM really is set to end in 2018. Because what's left for its development? There's upgrading its moveset, maybe it'll get its own Z-Move... and that's pretty much it. Whereas Rowlet and Litten could potentially evolve twice and both atill have very basic movesets (hell, Rowlet doesn't even have a fourth move yet).

Plus, it would just hog screentime and development away from Rowlet, Litten, and whatever else Ash catches.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think the fact that Rockruff evolved this early suggests it won't be the ace unless SM really is set to end in 2018. Because what's left for its development? There's upgrading its moveset, maybe it'll get its own Z-Move... and that's pretty much it. Whereas Rowlet and Litten could potentially evolve twice and both atill have very basic movesets (hell, Rowlet doesn't even have a fourth move yet).

Plus, it would just hog screentime and development away from Rowlet, Litten, and whatever else Ash catches.

Wasn't there a starter split evolution rumour ages ago? Maybe this is why Rowlet, Litten and Popplio haven't evolved.

(then again I think that rumour was debunked because of the starter Z-moves)

Red and Blue

Wasn't there a starter split evolution rumour ages ago? Maybe this is why Rowlet, Litten and Popplio haven't evolved.

(then again I think that rumour was debunked because of the starter Z-moves)

The rumor was a result of a mistranslation which stated that the starters shared a secret with Rockruff.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If anything, I would think they'd want to get the debuts of the SM starter final evolutions out of the way early to hype up the USM starter final evolutions if new forms were going to be a thing. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Froakie didn't evolve until like the 50's, right? And he was the earliest other than Charmander (aka early installment weirdness). It's not weird that the starters haven't evolved yet.

Red and Blue

Given that Dusk is only available through event and not ingame, I doubt the starters are getting split final forms. Maybe new Z moves at best

johno1995

I would love to see Lycanroc gain access to Psychic Fangs, it'd be a nice coverage move that would upgrade naturally from Bite.

I don't see it as particularly likely that Ash's Lycanroc will have a balanced moveset, though.

I'm starting to think that either Rowlet or Litten will make it all the way and not both. If Rowlet, Litten and Rockruff all fully evolve I'm expecting that Ash's last two team members will not fully evolve, or he may even catch a Pokemon that doesn't evolve at all. Just with the pacing of the SM anime thus far, it seems like they won't squeeze in that many evolutions.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Out of curiosity, what was Froakie's record when it evolved? I know it was at least 1-2, but I can't recall whether or not it battled against Korrina.

ShadowForce720

I would love to see Lycanroc gain access to Psychic Fangs, it'd be a nice coverage move that would upgrade naturally from Bite.

I don't see it as particularly likely that Ash's Lycanroc will have a balanced moveset, though.

I'm starting to think that either Rowlet or Litten will make it all the way and not both. If Rowlet, Litten and Rockruff all fully evolve I'm expecting that Ash's last two team members will not fully evolve, or he may even catch a Pokemon that doesn't evolve at all. Just with the pacing of the SM anime thus far, it seems like they won't squeeze in that many evolutions.

The other series had no problem fitting in a lot of evolutions heck just look at X&Y, all of Ash's Kalos team pokemon excluding Pikachu that could fully evolve did fully evolve, so there is nothing to say that all of Ash's pokemon on his Alola team that could won't fully evolve. I really don't think you can use the pacing of SM anime to say that they won't be able to fit in that many evolutions as there is still plenty of time left for pokemon to evolve.

Out of curiosity, what was Froakie's record when it evolved? I know it was at least 1-2, but I can't recall whether or not it battled against Korrina.

To answer your question about whether or not Froakie was used in the battle against Korrina, it was not used against Korrina. As for it's record when it evolved it had 1 win 2 losts and 1 draw.

Last edited:

johno1995

The other series had no problem fitting in a lot of evolutions heck just look at X&Y, all of Ash's Kalos team pokemon excluding Pikachu that could fully evolve did fully evolve, so there is nothing to say that all of Ash's pokemon on his Alola team that could won't fully evolve. I really don't think you can use the pacing of SM anime to say that they won't be able to fit in that many evolutions as there is still plenty of time left for pokemon to evolve.

To answer your question about whether or not Froakie was used in the battle against Korrina, it was not used against Korrina. As for it's record when it evolved it had 1 win 2 losts and 1 draw.

Who knows what the anime will do with USUM's material? This might only be a two year series if we are getting a new generation on the Switch in 2018. I'm only saying I'm accepting the possibility of a team with less evolutions than XY.

ShadowForce720

Who knows what the anime will do with USUM's material? This might only be a two year series if we are getting a new generation on the Switch in 2018. I'm only saying I'm accepting the possibility of a team with less evolutions than XY.

Until Gamefreak actually confirms that it the switch games are coming out in 2018, it's better to just assume that this will probably be a 3 year series like normal, meaning that there is still plenty of time for Ash's pokemon to fully evolve.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hmm. The Battle Record thread says 5-3-1, though. And I honestly wouldn't even count the loss to Frogadier, considering that battle was called off. Okay, never mind then. I was going to say something to prove a point, but there's no need.

Ash didn't get his first evolution in XY, coincidentally, until XY36. He still wound up with a fully evolved team. Granted, Hawlucha can't evolve, and both Goomy and Noibat were rushed, but obviously at least one of Ash's other two captures will either be a single stage Pokemon or a Pokemon that evolves once given only the Jangmo-o line is left for a three stage evolution (and honestly, I wouldn't be upset if they just kept it at Hakamo-o, as I feel Hakamo-o suits Ash more than Kommo-o does anyway). It's harder to rush a Pokemon with only one evolution than two.

I'll admit that even I don't think Ash is going to wind up with a fully evolved team simply because that would probably involve someone being rushed, like in XY. That doesn't mean I don't think it'll be Rowlet and/or Litten that remains unevolved, though. One difference between this and XY, though, is the fact that they gave Ash Rowlet and Litten relatively early in the series. That makes a difference, because they have the entire series to grow and develop, and they won't be rushed like Goomy was.

The only scenario I can imagine where Ash doesn't get both Decidueye and Incineroar is if this really is going to be a two year generation, and I still have doubts about that. I believe that if GF cares about making a quality game for their fans and consumers, they'll take all the time they need to make a quality game rather than try to rush out a mediocre product.

Status
Not open for further replies.