• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
This may be a bit off-topic for the current conversation (the Kanto arc), but I'm fairly sure TRio will NOT catch Bewear, since if it's kept in a Pokeball for all eternity (unless it's Wobbuffet 2.0), or if its sent out and defeated in battle, there'll be no way for it to blast TR off. Also, the thing would curbstomp Ash since it (looks like it) knows far more than the 10 moves Drake's Dragonite knew, and we all know how tough that thing was.

Basically, Bewear would totally make TRio overpowered, and it would ruin the unpredictable humor of it popping up out of nowhere, getting hooked on a fishing rod, buying juice from Oranguru, etc.

Red and Blue

So is there still a chance Litten can get the Firium Z? I'm hoping there's an opportunity once Ash returns to Alola.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So is there still a chance Litten can get the Firium Z? I'm hoping there's an opportunity once Ash returns to Alola.

It's going to be the USM method at this rate.
Which is fine, cause it'd allow James to get Poisonium from Salazzle.

...at least I hope so and we're not stuck waiting for Litten to evolve..... twice to be able to use it. It's suffering enough waiting for Litten to actually get to do something.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
It's going to be the USM method at this rate.
Which is fine, cause it'd allow James to get Poisonium from Salazzle.

...at least I hope so and we're not stuck waiting for Litten to evolve..... twice to be able to use it. It's suffering enough waiting for Litten to actually get to do something.

Highly doubt that's going to happen since Plumeria...

Master Pikachu 11

This may be a bit off-topic for the current conversation (the Kanto arc), but I'm fairly sure TRio will NOT catch Bewear, since if it's kept in a Pokeball for all eternity (unless it's Wobbuffet 2.0), or if its sent out and defeated in battle, there'll be no way for it to blast TR off. Also, the thing would curbstomp Ash since it (looks like it) knows far more than the 10 moves Drake's Dragonite knew, and we all know how tough that thing was.

Basically, Bewear would totally make TRio overpowered, and it would ruin the unpredictable humor of it popping up out of nowhere, getting hooked on a fishing rod, buying juice from Oranguru, etc.

There will still be time since they will be back in the Alola region after the two Kanto episodes. They will eventually have to capture it and besides either Bewear or Mearnie will have to showcase Darkium Z since Mimiku has already a excellent move pool. It could probably beat Ash's team now but when his Pokémon start evolve and he gets Decidueye then there will not be a problem with team rocket since Mimiku already is a very strong Pokémon which is another Pokémon that could beat Bewear as well. But again after series is over they have to capture Bewear or they will face the wrath of Giovanni.

Leonhart

Imagineer
With Lana getting the Waterium Z, I don't think that Ash is getting a Water-type.

I think it's too soon to tell for sure since Suiren owning that Z-Crystal doesn't necessarily mean that she's monopolized all of Alola's Water-types. Then again, I have a hard time thinking of which Water-type from Alola would even suit Satoshi right now.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, marketability is one difference. Kiawe doesn't have any marketable Pokemon, whereas Litten, being the Fire starter, is marketable by default. Lana on the other hand has probably the most marketable Water type this generation. I think that's part of the reason why you don't see people saying that Kiawe and Ash both having the Firium-Z isn't an issue, but Ash and Lana both having the Waterium-Z is.

dman_dustin

If Ash can get a Rockium-Z despite the fact that Gladion has one and so does Oliva then there is nothing stopping or preventing James from getting a Poisonium-Z even if Plumeria has one.

I think the point is more that there's going to be some Z-moves, that at most are likely only going to show under 1 trainer / 1 person/Pokemon that why would James show off the poison type Z-move, when all they need is Plumeria.

Yes, it doesn't matter if Plumeria has a Z-crystal that won't STRICTLY prevent James from getting one.

But you have to ask if whether James will ultimately get one, AKA them being satisfied with just Plumeria.

I mean a couple of things: 1). They don't have a Z-Ring 2). They don't have any way of utilizing the one Z-crystal they DO have.

Does giving James a Z-crystal make any sense, let alone anytime soon?

Janovy

Banned
So ash could still have a water type pokemon, but no Waterium-Z!!
None of the water types really fit Ash, IMO.

And Kalos already proved Ash can go without having one of the three elementary type, so why not just let him be without a Water type? If he could go through Kalos without a Grass type, he can go through Alola without a Water type.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Actually, I like that Ash doesn't get a Water-type in this gen. Since in Gen 6 he didn't own a Grass-type and now it seems that he won't get a Water-type I hope in Gen 8 he won't get a Fire-type.

phantasystar69

None of the water types really fit Ash, IMO.

And Kalos already proved Ash can go without having one of the three elementary type, so why not just let him be without a Water type? If he could go through Kalos without a Grass type, he can go through Alola without a Water type.

Any pokemon can fit him. It is all up to how the writers handle them. It just comes down to people's personal preference honestly.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Actually, I like that Ash doesn't get a Water-type in this gen. Since in Gen 6 he didn't own a Grass-type and now it seems that he won't get a Water-type I hope in Gen 8 he won't get a Fire-type.
Assuming that zodiac thing is true, better hope they go with the rabbit for the Fire starter in Gen 8. No way that thing doesn't wind up being a merch mon gag starter.

esquilo09

Assuming that zodiac thing is true, better hope they go with the rabbit for the Fire starter in Gen 8. No way that thing doesn't wind up being a merch mon gag starter.
True, the only ones left are the snake(unless this doesn't count because of Snivy), ox, rabbit, horse(unless this doesn't count either because of Ponyta) and sheep. I'm with you, I would love that gen 8 fire starter to be a rabbit, but I would also love if it was an ox.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
But thing is: Ash doesn't have the Firium Z, because Kiawe has one. Its the same thing, only swapped.
Ash doesn't have a Firium-Z because he hasn't passed the Wela Volcano Trial yet. I highly doubt the writers won't give Litten, the Fire type starter, access to the Z-Move of its primary typing, especially since both Rowlet and Popplio now have access to the Z-Moves of their primary typing. There is no logical reason to shaft Litten like that.

Honestly, I don't understand this notion that more than one main character can't have the same Z-Crystal. It's not like the characters use Z-Moves in every single episode, so it's not like there's a risk of Z-Move overdose. There is nothing wrong with both Ash and Kiawe having Firium-Z.

nickdt

Ash doesn't have a Firium-Z because he hasn't passed the Wela Volcano Trial yet. I highly doubt the writers won't give Litten, the Fire type starter, access to the Z-Move of its primary typing, especially since both Rowlet and Popplio now have access to the Z-Moves of their primary typing. There is no logical reason to shaft Litten like that.

Honestly, I don't understand this notion that more than one main character can't have the same Z-Crystal. It's not like the characters use Z-Moves in every single episode, so it's not like there's a risk of Z-Move overdose. There is nothing wrong with both Ash and Kiawe having Firium-Z.

And why do you think he hasn't done the Fire Trial... Because Kiawe has Firium Z.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
lol i think someone is a little loopy today and closing the wrong threads...

anyways It'd be funny if Ash at the end of the "pokemon get lost in the lab" episode, if he says to his Alola Pokemon "hope you enjoyed getting lost because you'll be spending the rest of your life locked up in here after about one more year
[insert equiv time in pokemon anime]"

poor souls, they dont know they will be trapped there soon enough, unless we get a powerhouse who needs to save the world or train or be with pokemon friends...

edit: OMG what if Rowlett evolves all the way, and one of the last episodes his Trumbreak/pikipek friends are in huge trouble so he stays to protect them... like a repeat of Goodra D:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.