• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Guys if there is going to be an ace this region and everybody is wondering if they will be like Ash Greninja then it’s obvious that Pikachu could end up being the ace all because of its Siganture Z crystal as it literally has Ash’s name in it. Like Ash Greninja, so it would not surprise me at all if Pikachu ended up being the ace.

phantasystar69

Serious question. Do we need countless pages of people arguing/debating who the "ace" is. It is the writers' decision and honestly it is getting a little old when every post is about this. He doesn't even have a full team yet.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Serious question. Do we need countless pages of people arguing/debating who the "ace" is. It is the writers' decision and honestly it is getting a little old when every post is about this. He doesn't even have a full team yet.

Well this is a speculation as well so it can't be helped. Honestly, I don't care about which is gonna be the "ace" or what battle record this "ace" gonna have. But I admit that this discussion can be annoying after a while especially since this thread is not exclusively about Ash but for all the main cast. I hope all the Pokémon in the main cast and also the ones which will join later to have nice moments and the character development they deserve in the series plus nice interactions between them.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Guys if there is going to be an ace this region and everybody is wondering if they will be like Ash Greninja then it’s obvious that Pikachu could end up being the ace all because of its Siganture Z crystal as it literally has Ash’s name in it. Like Ash Greninja, so it would not surprise me at all if Pikachu ended up being the ace.

No thanks pikachu gets good feats every arc, I think every region should have an ace which is caught in that region only. Also not likely possible but I would like ash to have an ace which is a so called pseudo legendary (base 600) dragon type. This will give some respite to ash's poor dragon type record and also some justice to base 600 monsters which are OP in games but treated as joke in anme (not all tho). I think a MC having an OP pseudo will definitely help it.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
So we're almost to episode 50. Here's my thoughts on the current pokemon:

Snowy -- I have no idea where they're going with this thing. It's a baby, but sometimes they evolve or prove to be strong battlers. Alolan Ninetales is very popular, but I get the vibe that it's more of a mascot like Axew or pre-Advanced Generation Togepi. We'll see. At the very least, I hope it gains a new move in the next year.
Steenee -- Very bland. They need to give her something to do. She's like her trainer and feels more like an afterthought than anything.
Turtonator -- Solid enough for the moment. I also am glad to see proof that "big" Pokemon can be out of their balls fairly often and contribute to the humor.
Marowak -- Not done much, but the personality is truly brilliant and I just want to see more. I also find it interesting how it was caught with a full moveset
Popplio -- Surprisingly good development considering Lana doesn't have an active battling goal. The use of the bubbles is creative and I enjoy watching its progress. I see Brionne in its future and hope desperately for Primarina.
Togedemaru -- Cute but not much else.
Charjabug -- Its existence was justified purely by episode 41. I wonder if they'll evolve it when Vikavolt happens in the games.
Lycanroc -- USUM promotion, the Pokemon. They at least let it keep Rockruff's personality, so that's mildly interesting. I imagine it won't be that long before Ash get is exclusive Z-Crystal.
Litten -- As has been mentioned in the thread, it's not had much battle experience. It's had some good character development, but hopefully it gets a good battle in when Ash does his next trial. I see Torracat in its future and potentially Incineroar since they often evolve Ash's pokemon to their bipedal evolution. Though it's probably too early to say.
Rowlet -- I am so mixed on this thing. Battles a lot, but has had the same three moves since capture and is used more cuteness than development. I won't even try to guess what'll happen with it. Its battle style is a nice adaptation of the game Pokedex entries and official artwork and I find it to be the most interesting of Ash's current team since there are a lot of directions they can go with it.
Nebby -- Togepi and Larvitar's reincarnation. At least this one is necessary for the games' plot.
Pikachu -- Has a solid portrayal this gen.
If it counts, Rotomdex -- I'm kind of disappointed that Rotom seems to be unable to understand other pokemon. It makes it feel more like just a regular AI.

Edited to Add: Do we think Gladion is going to be a league rival or just a story rival? Because at the moment, I can't tell if they're going to give Gladion a full team or not. Sure, they could add Crobat, Lucario, and Weavile to his current team but I feel like Gladion and Ash will mainly have 1 vs 1 battles anyway. I get the vibe that next year or so we'll meet another rival (Hau or anime only) who's working toward a full team and has one of the starters while Gladion will be left as Ash's main source of conflict for the Ultra Beast plot.

Last edited:

Rajas

Edited to Add: Do we think Gladion is going to be a league rival or just a story rival? Because at the moment, I can't tell if they're going to give Gladion a full team or not. Sure, they could add Crobat, Lucario, and Weavile to his current team but I feel like Gladion and Ash will mainly have 1 vs 1 battles anyway. I get the vibe that next year or so we'll meet another rival (Hau or anime only) who's working toward a full team and has one of the starters while Gladion will be left as Ash's main source of conflict for the Ultra Beast plot.

I think that Gladion will be doing the trials to grow stronger to protect Lillie and fight the UBs so he should make the league, by then he'd just have six Pokemon I assume. Ash does seem to be lacking actual rivals though so I assumed we might get Hau in season 2 or so. IF the league does indeed happen, Ash vs Gladion final is nearly a given, Lycanroc/Pikachu vs Silvally as the last stand as well. If it happens to be Lycanroc then I'm nearly sure it'll lose as well.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
At the moment, I can imagine Gladion's main reason for participating in any future Alola League would be to get stronger as a Trainer, so he can better protect Lillie, so it's possible he might become a league rival. (It's implied he has completed Olivia's Grand Trial, since he has Rockium-Z.) However, it's just as equally possible that he will decide not to enter the league. He may decide to continue traveling to get stronger with Silvally.

As of right now, I would personally rather see Gladion as a story rival who conflicts with Ash over Cosmog (since Gladion wants to defeat Cosmog and Ash will undoubtedly do whatever he can to stop him), rather than see Gladion become a league rival. Right now, their rivalry is different from Ash's other rivalries. It's not antagonistic, but there is no admiration involved, either. Mutual respect, yes, but not admiration. It's friendly, but I wouldn't say Ash and Gladion are friends.

DatsRight

So we're almost to episode 50. Here's my thoughts on the current pokemon:

Snowy -- I have no idea where they're going with this thing. It's a baby, but sometimes they evolve or prove to be strong battlers. Alolan Ninetales is very popular, but I get the vibe that it's more of a mascot like Axew or pre-Advanced Generation Togepi. We'll see. At the very least, I hope it gains a new move in the next year.
Steenee -- Very bland. They need to give her something to do. She's like her trainer and feels more like an afterthought than anything.
Turtonator -- Solid enough for the moment. I also am glad to see proof that "big" Pokemon can be out of their balls fairly often and contribute to the humor.
Marowak -- Not done much, but the personality is truly brilliant and I just want to see more. I also find it interesting how it was caught with a full moveset
Popplio -- Surprisingly good development considering Lana doesn't have an active battling goal. The use of the bubbles is creative and I enjoy watching its progress. I see Brionne in its future and hope desperately for Primarina.
Togedemaru -- Cute but not much else.
Charjabug -- Its existence was justified purely by episode 41. I wonder if they'll evolve it when Vikavolt happens in the games.
Lycanroc -- USUM promotion, the Pokemon. They at least let it keep Rockruff's personality, so that's mildly interesting. I imagine it won't be that long before Ash get is exclusive Z-Crystal.
Litten -- As has been mentioned in the thread, it's not had much battle experience. It's had some good character development, but hopefully it gets a good battle in when Ash does his next trial. I see Torracat in its future and potentially Incineroar since they often evolve Ash's pokemon to their bipedal evolution. Though it's probably too early to say.
Rowlet -- I am so mixed on this thing. Battles a lot, but has had the same three moves since capture and is used more cuteness than development. I won't even try to guess what'll happen with it. Its battle style is a nice adaptation of the game Pokedex entries and official artwork and I find it to be the most interesting of Ash's current team since there are a lot of directions they can go with it.
Nebby -- Togepi and Larvitar's reincarnation. At least this one is necessary for the games' plot.
Pikachu -- Has a solid portrayal this gen.
If it counts, Rotomdex -- I'm kind of disappointed that Rotom seems to be unable to understand other pokemon. It makes it feel more like just a regular AI.

Also may as well add other recurring Pokemon:

Mareanie -- The 'glomping Pokemon' escalated to outright having a crush on James. Sadly though, besides helping beat Ash once, it hasn't had much substance otherwise. Like it's trainer, it needs more individual focus.
Mimikyu -- A unique addition, since it's a sinister Pokemon that uses Team Rocket more than obeys them and is a powerful little sadist that wants Pikachu's blood. It's begrudged care for Jessie and it's 'wants to be loved' shtick in the games opens up potential development for both of them though. Needs to have a more developed battles with Pikachu too.
Meowth -- Like that he's battling more often (even if it's predictably fruitless most of the time). Recent episodes hint to his reflexes getting better, would LOVE if he actually got a boost for the first time. Otherwise has the same highs and lows as the rest of the TRio, which is a better series for them.
Wobbuffet -- Funny as usual and a bit more expressive. Sad to see him completely inactive though, especially after the badass he was in early XY. Come on Jessie, use Counter at least once this series.
Bewear -- Mysterious Pokemon, will be interested in seeing where they take it's character, until then it's gag is pretty funny and has more longevity than blasting off all the time. I just hope they don't use it to cop out of having any developed TR face-offs all the time.

I also think it's kind of a shame we don't see more of Samson Oak besides his punnery. His Komala and Vulpix seem like they could be enjoyable.

Last edited:

Rajas

Guys I have a serious question, Bewear OP-ness is used as a gag right but is it really that ridiculously over powered? Like based on how the anime portrays it, it could take on Null, like hell it could break his mask or something. How strong do you guys think Bewear actually is?

Genaller

Silver Soul
Guys I have a serious question, Bewear OP-ness is used as a gag right but is it really that ridiculously over powered? Like based on how the anime portrays it, it could take on Null, like hell it could break his mask or something. How strong do you guys think Bewear actually is?

He could go toe to toe with Ash’s Snorlax (I now really want to see them interact).

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

Okay but legit if they have any kind of arc like "oh man Ultra Beasts are invading all over and all of these different characters are getting attacked" I could see Team Rocket getting jumped by a Buzzwole or something and Bewear stepping in to protect them and actually putting up a fight against it.

Genaller

Silver Soul
While I seriously doubt Ash will ever catch Solgaleo/Nebby, Be may possibly informally command it against say the UBs and perhaps even perform a Z-move with it which no gonna lie would be epic!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There is that image of him with Solgaleo so it's possible

That's just marketing. If that was real, the Gladion, Kiawe, and Lana will all get Z-Power Rings, and I don't think that they will because they have no need to.

Rajas

Okay but legit if they have any kind of arc like "oh man Ultra Beasts are invading all over and all of these different characters are getting attacked" I could see Team Rocket getting jumped by a Buzzwole or something and Bewear stepping in to protect them and actually putting up a fight against it.

I think Bewear will take out a UB or two by itself tbh, that thing is scary OP.

While I seriously doubt Ash will ever catch Solgaleo/Nebby, Be may possibly informally command it against say the UBs and perhaps even perform a Z-move with it which no gonna lie would be epic!

I'm guessing he'll have a crystal to specifically use it's Z Move for a final battle although I thought he might control Tapu Koko.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That's just marketing. If that was real, the Gladion, Kiawe, and Lana will all get Z-Power Rings, and I don't think that they will because they have no need to.

No, that is just because they are the only characters with z-rings. There is no reason for Lana to get a z-power ring and nothing Kiawe owns is getting a new z-crystal either.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
So, do we think that Ash is going to catch his next Pokemon before or after he goes to the next island? I honestly can't tell. Either way, I hope it's no later than episode 59 and even that's pushing it.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Inb4 Lusamine's Bewear and TR's Bewear have a relationship along the lines of Clemont's Chespin and Hari-san.

I seriously hope she has one, we could get some... Interesting interactions between the two Bewears.

Status
Not open for further replies.