• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
So the Litten/Lycanroc rivalry is still a thing. Could we be seeing Torracat soon?

Yeah.. i very much expect that. They are showing their rivalry in every episode now. This must lead somewhere!!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
We might. There's also Torracat merch popping up. And Alolan Sandshrew merch, so these might be future team changes.

I heard there's supposedly Greninja merch as well for March?

Anyway, while merch is not the main deciding factor, the fact that there's no Dartrix mention or merch anywhere kind of makes me a little worried regarding Rowlet's chances of evolving.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Putting it that way, I see it more likely to end up Lillie's, especially if she does get Iceium Z (she is now officially the ice queen after all *insert Ditto episode GIF*).

Ash getting it would be a cool call-back, since a Sandshrew was one of the first roadblocks he never defeated. Plus it's always nice to see this opportunity used on old favourites that never got caught by a main character before (see Marowak).

I'm still convinced Ash will likely just get two Pokemon corresponding to the two Kahuna Z-Crystals (Groundium and Darkium) and the other crystals and potential Pokemon related to it will be caught by the other students.

Lillie can always get Fairium. I don't think she is getting A. Sandshrew and aside from Incineroar, I don't think that many Dark-types could be caught by Ash.

ShadowForce720

I heard there's supposedly Greninja merch as well for March?

Anyway, while merch is not the main deciding factor, the fact that there's no Dartrix mention or merch anywhere kind of makes me a little worried regarding Rowlet's chances of evolving.

I wouldn't worry about it too much after all it's not like when Bounsweet was close to evolving that we saw a bunch of Steenee merchandise, it's probably more of a case that once Rowlet evolves or were only one episode away from it evolving that they will start marketing Dartrix.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I wouldn't worry about it too much after all it's not like when Bounsweet was close to evolving that we saw a bunch of Steenee merchandise, it's probably more of a case that once Rowlet evolves or were only one episode away from it evolving that they will start marketing Dartrix.

Also, Decidueye is too popular to be shoved into a filler as its only appearance. It also has a signature Z-Move, which will make it more likely for Ash to get it, as the writers would want to show off these Z-Moves.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Also, Decidueye is too popular to be shoved into a filler as its only appearance. It also has a signature Z-Move, which will make it more likely for Ash to get it, as the writers would want to show off these Z-Moves.

I agree. Further, if what i have heard is correct, dartrix is the least popular stage of that line. I think they would evolve rowlet twice in rather quick succession later in the series, just like what they did with chimchar.

noakai

That theory would be good... if Ash didn't already have the Grass z-crystal. Once again Mallow would get screwed over, so yeah.

Mallow's been getting screwed over the whole time, it's not like it would be a deviation from the norm lol. At least it would give her a boost even if Ash doesn't need to battle her.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I agree. Further, if what i have heard is correct, dartrix is the least popular stage of that line. I think they would evolve rowlet twice in rather quick succession later in the series, just like what they did with chimchar.

That doesn't explain why Ash has a Pignite though.. Or that means that people dislike Emboar more than Pignite.. xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Rowlet's either evolving the whole way or not at all.
You can't fit Dartrix in the bag. And they always have Hau to bring in Decidueye like that one Brionne girl with Primarina.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
How about we wait and see if Hau debuts in the anime before jumping to the conclusion that he will?

I think it's likely Ash will have Decidueye personally given the popularity of Decidueye and the fact that it's his bird, and Ash's birds always fully evolve.

Not to mention its "stralthy fighter" battling style.

By the way, merch suggests that Alolan Sandshrew is Ash's next capture and Litten is going to evolve, both by March.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Wrong. There were Steenee merchandise popping up then. I mean the poster I'm quoting below mentioned us of Steenee merchandise quite some times then.
I think it's likely Ash will have Decidueye personally given the popularity of Decidueye and the fact that it's his bird, and Ash's birds always fully evolve.

Not to mention its "stralthy fighter" battling style.

By the way, merch suggests that Alolan Sandshrew is Ash's next capture and Litten is going to evolve, both by March.
I agree with the view that Litten would probably evolve soon, but I honestly don't think the Lycanroc/Litten rivalry would have to do much about it, since they after all are both Ash's Pokemon. At best I can see Litten evolving in a situation where Dusk Lycanroc is in trouble, that would bring a satisfactory end to their rivalry.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
There was some Steenee merchandise. Not a lot.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Reread ShadowForce's post. He said a bunch of Steenee merchandise. We got some Steenee merchandise that I noticed maybe a few weeks before SM18, but not a lot of it.

The whole point being we don't need a huge flood of Dartrix merchandise right now to suggest Rowlet is going to evolve.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Reread ShadowForce's post. He said a bunch of Steenee merchandise. We got some Steenee merchandise that I noticed maybe a few weeks before SM18, but not a lot of it.

The whole point being we don't need a huge flood of Dartrix merchandise right now to suggest Rowlet is going to evolve.

Yeah, but there hardly any Datrix merchandise as of now, so the cases are different. So maybe Rowlet is evolving a little later maybe not within the next ten episodes or so. I not saying that Rowlet won't evolve eventually, I'm pretty sure it will.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
That doesn't explain why Ash has a Pignite though.. Or that means that people dislike Emboar more than Pignite.. xD

Hah.. i won't say anything for that line.. tepig is the most hated starter Pokemon of all time, so u doesn't matter which of its evolutions was less hated!!

Illusio

No words, only rage
Considering how much emphasis they are putting on Litten's training I could see it evolving soon. Rowlet is an oddball since it being missing from the poster along with Litten makes me think it'll evolve as well, but it's not really doing anything yet.

Hah.. i won't say anything for that line.. tepig is the most hated starter Pokemon of all time, so u doesn't matter which of its evolutions was less hated!!

Actually, going by the Pokemon Election it'd be Chesnaught.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Considering how much emphasis they are putting on Litten's training I could see it evolving soon. Rowlet is an oddball since it being missing from the poster along with Litten makes me think it'll evolve as well, but it's not really doing anything yet.
One thing is that Rowlet already has had quite some battles so far, so no matter when it evolves it won't seem rushed at all.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Actually, going by the Pokemon Election it'd be Chesnaught.

You do realize that when the unova region was going on in the anime, there was no Gen VI as such. Actually, i should have written tepig was the most hated starter of all time by that time. You can still find tepig most hated starter in many other polls. So tepig can still be said as one of the most hated starter of all time.

Further, you know what happened to chesnaught in the anime!!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
You do realize that when the unova region was going on in the anime, there was no Gen VI as such. Actually, i should have written tepig was the most hated starter of all time by that time. You can still find tepig most hated starter in many other polls. So tepig can still be said as one of the most hated starter of all time.

Further, you know what happened to chesnaught in the anime!!

Then who is the most popular starter of all time after greninja?

Status
Not open for further replies.