• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajas

I honestly feel like I'd have rather Sophocles, Kiawe, Mallow and Lana be trial captains and make the school companions be Lillie, Hau and maybe create a character or two as companions or bring back some old ones.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
What's the point of the school if they do do that, though? In that case, they might as well have stuck to traveling, with Lillie and Hau being his companions.

Rajas

What's the point of the school if they do do that, though? In that case, they might as well have stuck to traveling, with Lillie and Hau being his companions.

The point is I rather other people be students and have the trial captains exist to make Ash's trials a bit more interesting. There's five of them in school and only maybe time to properly develop two of them excluding Ash. Might as well be Lillie, Hau and some random students to fill time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The clincher however is that unlike previous, non-cute Pokemon, Turtonator and Marowak have GREAT personalities and are allowed to take part in the slice of life comedy scenes, which, combined with developed battle skills, makes it annoying they don't get much limelight (compared to Steenee and Popplio who tend to just do cute stuff). Whatever they do get, they tend to make good use of it.

It's somewhat disappointing that Kaki's Bakugames and Alolan Garagara receive so little exposure compared to Mao's Amamaiko or Suiren's Ashimari, but I can see why Kaki's Pokemon would seem slightly less appealing given their designs, which aren't cute or that marketable to start with. It makes me wish that Kaki had at least been given one cute Fire-type, like Nyabby for instance instead of Satoshi capturing it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
In the game (Moon/Ultra Moon), Totem Alolan Raticate had Normalium Z.
In the anime, it had Darkinium Z. (I know, Gumshoos had Normalium Z in the anime.)

Ash will likely battle Totem Togedemaru and get the Steelium-Z. Game=/=Anime

I completely forgot Togedemaru was part Steel. lol
Yeah, Togedemaru would be perfect for Ash to face off against. While we get a Vikavolt v Vikavolt fight with Soph

noakai

What i don't get is how the situation between Lycanroc and Litten is considered as a rivalry?

To me they don't seem like rivals at all, rather they seem more like training buddies (and have the usual chemistry that cats and dogs have with each other).

I'd call stuff like the eating and yowling competition they have a rivalry. They're eating and Litten sees Lycanroc, starts eating faster, Lycanroc sees it and starts eating faster. Lycanroc barks at Ash, Litten looks at it and then yowls loudly at him. Stuff like that. I don't think it's an unfriendly rivalry but they do have little competitions with each other.

I've been really happy to see those two having their little battles because it means if they want to evolve Litten, they don't have to spend a lot of time showing it battling at all cause it's been doing it the whole time it's been with Ash, we just didn't see a lot of it.

I really hope Kiawe at least gets some sort of role in the main arc and isn't demoted to the standard third wheel male companion role, having a cool team but hardly getting to do anything.

Same. I really enjoy him as a character and I've really liked his focus episodes. I keep hoping they'll do more with A-Marowak because it's such a natural troll, it's fun. And I think out of all the kids, Kiawe has the most clearly defined motivation and he wants to get stronger and be as good as his grandfather was so I hope we get to see that eventually.

DatsRight

I do like Litten and Lycanroc getting some developed interaction at least, it shows the series is tapping into all sorts of new chemistries (similarly Turtonator is at least getting it's token limelight since Marowak came along). Hope Lycanroc gets more pally moments with Rowlet though, since evolving it's rarely seen interacting with it.

One can hope if Lana and Mallow get their second Pokemon, Steenee and Popplio might get a boost in character as well. Togedemaru obviously is Pikachu's cuddle bug and Snowy's at least stayed in form due to being with the woobie trainer.

Last edited:

Zariful

You know now that there’s another Water totem Pokemon, Ash could get a water type or have Greninja come back. Also homies, what’s the status of the unique Z crystals? How many did we get? Was it mainly legendaries?

ShadowForce720

You know now that there’s another Water totem Pokemon, Ash could get a water type or have Greninja come back. Also homies, what’s the status of the unique Z crystals? How many did we get? Was it mainly legendaries?

To answer your question of how many unique Z-crystals did we get we got 6 3 being for legendary pokemon which were Solgaleo(which Dusk Mane Necrozma can also used), Lunala(which Dawn Wings Necrozma can also used), and Necrozma, and the other 3 are for non-legendary pokemon which are for Kommo-o, Lycanroc, and Mimikyu.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd call stuff like the eating and yowling competition they have a rivalry. They're eating and Litten sees Lycanroc, starts eating faster, Lycanroc sees it and starts eating faster. Lycanroc barks at Ash, Litten looks at it and then yowls loudly at him. Stuff like that. I don't think it's an unfriendly rivalry but they do have little competitions with each other.

I'd love to see this possibly lead to something serious, like perhaps Nyabby being motivated by Lugarugan to evolve. But it's likely just a gag that's meant to be for laughs like most things in this saga.

ShadowForce720

Hmm look at Gladion's current team move set here is how it breaks down:

Gladion's Team:

Umbreon:
Dark Pulse(learned through TM)
Shadow Ball(learned through TM )

Midnight Lycanroc:
Counter(learned through evolution/learned through level up)
Stone Edge(learned through level up or through TM)
Crunch(learned through level up)

Z-move: Continental Crush

Silvally:
Crush Claw(learned through level up) -->Multi-Attack(learned through evolution/learned through level up)
Swords Dance( learned through TM)
Double Hit(learned through level up)
Air Slash(learned through level up)

just a quick note I am thinking that because Silvally learned it showed off Multi-Attack that it makes the most sense looking at it's current move set for Multi-Attack to replace Crush Claw, although I could be wrong. Also it's interesting to note that the only moves we've Gladion's Umbreon used so far are Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball both of which are moves that Umbreon can only learn through TMs in the game and so I wonder if Umbreon's remaining two moves will also be moves that it can only learn through TM in the game or if it will have any egg moves or that it would learn by level up in the games, or through a move tutor.

hmm I'm not sure if Silvally will have any more move set changes or not, although as far I Midnight Lycanroc goes if I had to guess as to why we still only seen 3 of it's moves is maybe because they plan on giving a move from a move tutor or something. Also now that Type:Null has been freed from it's mask and has "become" Sivally again, I think were going to have a case whereonce there is break in the action where Gladion can go off and train for a few episodes to where we don't see him again for a few episodes or awhile and then we see him again he will reveal that he has added a 4th and maybe even a 5th pokemon to his team.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Gladion's Team:

Umbreon:

Midnight Lycanroc:

Silvally:
Crush Claw(learned through level up) -->Multi-Attack(learned through evolution/learned through level up)

just a quick note I am thinking that because Silvally learned it showed off Multi-Attack that it makes the most sense looking at it's current move set for Multi-Attack to replace Crush Claw, although I could be wrong. Also it's interesting to note that the only moves we've Gladion's Umbreon used so far are Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball both of which are moves that Umbreon can only learn through TMs in the game and so I wonder if Umbreon's remaining two moves will also be moves that it can only learn through TM in the game or if it will have any egg moves or that it would learn by level up in the games, or through a move tutor.

hmm I'm not sure if Silvally will have any more move set changes or not, although as far I Midnight Lycanroc goes if I had to guess as to why we still only seen 3 of it's moves is maybe because they plan on giving a move from a move tutor or something. Also now that Type:Null has been freed from it's mask and has "become" Sivally again, I think were going to have a case whereonce there is break in the action where Gladion can go off and train for a few episodes to where we don't see him again for a few episodes or awhile and then we see him again he will reveal that he has added a 4th and maybe even a 5th pokemon to his team.

I disagree with Crush Claw being replaced with Multi-Attack the animation for the former is too detailed(if i;m using the right word) which is why my money is on Double Hit being replace since its your basic glowing body part move. Also I wouldn't read too much into Umbreon's current moves I assuming they went for moves that aren't too hard to animate especially Shadow Ball. I do agree with you on Midnight's forth move probably being a new Tutor move.

SONW

I REALLY think that all this comparison with the games is being detrimental to the experience of watching the anime for most here (seriously, this whole comparison is unfair)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Gladion's Team:

Umbreon:

Midnight Lycanroc:

Silvally:

I fail to see why Silvally would forget Crush Claw. Unlike Multi Attack, Crush Claw is a heavy hitting move. If anything, I'd say forgetting Air Slash makes more sense. Because both Multi-Attack and Air Slash have similarities between them with the way they are depicted in the anime; both slashes the opponent with sharp blades. So it that way, replacing Air Slash with Multi Attack makes more sense.

ShadowForce720

I fail to see why Silvally would forget Crush Claw. Unlike Multi Attack, Crush Claw is a heavy hitting move. If anything, I'd say forgetting Air Slash makes more sense. Because both Multi-Attack and Air Slash have similarities between them with the way they are depicted in the anime; both slashes the opponent with sharp blades. So it that way, replacing Air Slash with Multi Attack makes more sense.

Actually no Multi-Attack replacing Air Slash would make sense do to the fact that it's shown that Air Slash is a medium-long range attack while, also if by heavy hitting move your saying Crush Claw does more damage then Multi-Attack you would be wrong as Crush Claw's base power is 75 while Multi-Attack's base power is 90, plus no matter how you look at it, it would make more sense to replace Crush Claw or Double Hit with Multi-Attack since like Multi-Attack those 2 attacks are close range, what your suggesting is essentially that Silvally should get rid of it's only ranged attack just for another Close range attack which doesn't make sense, so even if Crush Claw isn't replace by Multi-Attack it's much more likely that they would have Multi-Attack replace Double hit in that case instead of replacing Silvally's only ranged attack with another close range attack.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Actually no Multi-Attack replacing Air Slash would make sense do to the fact that it's shown that Air Slash is a medium-long range attack while, also if by heavy hitting move your saying Crush Claw does more damage then Multi-Attack you would be wrong as Crush Claw's base power is 75 while Multi-Attack's base power is 90, plus no matter how you look at it, it would make more sense to replace Crush Claw or Double Hit with Multi-Attack since like Multi-Attack those 2 attacks are close range, what your suggesting is essentially that Silvally should get rid of it's only ranged attack just for another Close range attack which doesn't make sense, so even if Crush Claw isn't replace by Multi-Attack it's much more likely that they would have Multi-Attack replace Double hit in that case instead of replacing Silvally's only ranged attack with another close range attack.

You're talking as if there hasn't been Pokemon with all close ranged moves. Hawlucha and Talonflame from XY say hello.

Base power? Seriously, when has it mattered in the anime ever? Against Dusk Lycanroc, it was clearly evident that Crush Claw is being depicted as a heavy hitting move and not a move which slashes the opponent.

And both Multi-Attack and Air Slash have been depicted as moves which are kinda similar: slashes the opponent with sharp blades. So I think forgetting Air Slash makes more sense.

ShadowForce720

You're talking as if there hasn't been Pokemon with all close ranged moves. Hawlucha and Talonflame from XY say hello.

Base power? Seriously, when has it mattered in the anime ever? Against Dusk Lycanroc, it was clearly evident that Crush Claw is being depicted as a heavy hitting move and not a move which slashes the opponent.

And both Multi-Attack and Air Slash have been depicted as moves which are kinda similar: slashes the opponent with sharp blades. So I think forgetting Air Slash makes more sense.

No Multi-Attack and Air Slash are not that similar in the anime if you look back at how Silvally used them with Air Slash it created a sphere made out of air which then created the blades, where as in Multi-Attack it was pretty clear and easy to see that it was not attacking with a blade it was attacking with Claw that had been charged with Dark-type infused energy. Also in terms of your examples of pokemon with all close ranged moves, first off in Ash's Hawlucha case it never used a ranged attack during it's entire time on the main cast, however in Talonflame's case not all of it's moves were close range sure 3 of it's moves being Brave Bird, Flame Charge, and Steel wing were close ranged where as Talonflame's 4 move being Razor Wind was a ranged attack.

The case with Sivally it's not like Hawlucha where it never had a ranged attack, Sivally has a ranged attack being Air Slash, with 2 of it's other attacks being close range attacks it does not make sense to give Sivally a ranged attack if they were just going to replaced it with a close ranged attack, it's not like Type:Null didn't have plenty of choices of close range attacks that they could have given it instead of Air Slash, but instead the choose to give it a ranged attack. So no it does not make sense to give Sivally a ranged attack just to replace it with a close range attack.

Plus it could be argued that Silvally's Multi-Attack is a heavy hitting attack as it took out both Faba's Alakazam and Hypno all in one strike from Multi-Attack. Even if Crush Claw was replace by Multi-Attack, then in that case it would be more likely and make more sense for Multi-Attack to replace Double Hit which is another close range move, then for Multi-Attack a close range move to replace Air Slash a ranged attack.

If were going off anime appearance then Multi-Attack has more in common with Crush Claw then it does with Air Slash, since in both the cases of it using Crush Claw and Multi-Attack in the anime it uses it's claws for both of those attacks, and if were going off of description of the attack from the games then no Air Slash is still not similar in fact going off the game description of the moves Multi-Attack is more similar to Double Hit and here is the game description of the moves:

Multi-Attack:Cloaking itself in high energy, the user slams into the target. The memory held determines the move's type.

Crush Claw: The user slashes the target with hard and sharp claws. This may also lower the target's Defense stat.

Double Hit: The user slams the target with a long tail, vines, or a tentacle. The target is hit twice in a row.

Air Slash:The user attacks with a blade of air that slices even the sky. This may also make the target flinch.

I don't know where your getting this whole oh Air Slash is similar to Multi-Attack, when going by both of how both attacks appear in the anime and their descriptions in the games, no, they aren't similar at all.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No Multi-Attack and Air Slash are not that similar in the anime if you look back at how Silvally used them with Air Slash it created a sphere made out of air which then created the blades, where as in Multi-Attack it was pretty clear and easy to see that it was not attacking with a blade it was attacking with Claw that had been charged with Dark-type infused energy.
[IMG300]https://imgur.com/FAWPtX4.gif[/IMG300] [IMG300]https://imgur.com/FUmEil3.gif[/IMG300]

In both cases, the opponents are slashed hard by something, so yeah, the attack are definitely kinda similar. And in Multi Attack, it's clear that the opponent is slashed by crimson blades. After all, the main difference is that, the blades are thrown at the opponent from a long range in Air Slash, but in Multi-Attack, the opponent is slashed by blades from close range. A major similarity is that the opponent is slashed hard by blades in both cases.

Also in terms of your examples of pokemon with all close ranged moves, first off in Ash's Hawlucha case it never used a ranged attack during it's entire time on the main cast, however in Talonflame's case not all of it's moves were close range sure 3 of it's moves being Brave Bird, Flame Charge, and Steel wing were close ranged where as Talonflame's 4 move being Razor Wind was a ranged attack.
First of all Talonflame ditched Razor Wind after evolution, except for the Volcanion movie it never used Razor Wind, so no, all 3 of its moves were close ranged.

The case with Sivally it's not like Hawlucha where it never had a ranged attack, Sivally has a ranged attack being Air Slash, with 2 of it's other attacks being close range attacks it does not make sense to give Sivally a ranged attack if they were just going to replaced it with a close ranged attack, it's not like Type:Null didn't have plenty of choices of close range attacks that they could have given it instead of Air Slash, but instead the choose to give it a ranged attack. So no it does not make sense to give Sivally a ranged attack just to replace it with a close range attack.
So what Silvally as Type:Null had a ranged attack? The Hawlucha point is to prove that there can be Pokemon with all close ranged attacks. So there is nothing unusual if Silvally after evolution has all close ranged attacks.

Plus it could be argued that Silvally's Multi-Attack is a heavy hitting attack as it took out both Faba's Alakazam and Hypno all in one strike from Multi-Attack. Even if Crush Claw was replace by Multi-Attack, then in that case it would be more likely and make more sense for Multi-Attack to replace Double Hit which is another close range move, then for Multi-Attack a close range move to replace Air Slash a ranged attack.
Multi-Attack slashes the opponent hard(and in the anime that kind of moves can lead to critical hits). It's not a move that hits the opponent heavily, like Crush Claw clearly does in the anime. Lycanroc was send flying back a long way by Crush Claw(which clearly shows how heavy hitting the move is) and was then KO'd.

If were going off anime appearance then Multi-Attack has more in common with Crush Claw then it does with Air Slash, since in both the cases of it using Crush Claw and Multi-Attack in the anime it uses it's claws for both of those attacks, and if were going off of description of the attack from the games then no Air Slash is still not similar in fact going off the game description of the moves Multi-Attack is more similar to Double Hit and here is the game description of the moves:
Um, no. It was never shown that Multi Attack involves claws. And Crush Claw clearly doesn't slash the opponent hard, which Multi-Attack and Air-Slash both does. So Air Slash is definitely more similar to Multi Attack.

Multi-Attack:Cloaking itself in high energy, the user slams into the target. The memory held determines the move's type.

Crush Claw: The user slashes the target with hard and sharp claws. This may also lower the target's Defense stat.

Double Hit: The user slams the target with a long tail, vines, or a tentacle. The target is hit twice in a row.

Air Slash:The user attacks with a blade of air that slices even the sky. This may also make the target flinch.
Lol I don't know why you are using game descriptions. Games =/= Anime.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

[IMG300]https://imgur.com/FAWPtX4.gif[/IMG300] [IMG300]https://imgur.com/FUmEil3.gif[/IMG300]

In both cases, the opponents are slashed hard by something, so yeah, the attack are definitely kinda similar. And in Multi Attack, it's clear that the opponent is slashed by crimson blades. After all, the main difference is that, the blades are thrown at the opponent from a long range in Air Slash, but in Multi-Attack, the opponent is slashed by blades from close range. A major similarity is that the opponent is slashed hard by blades in both cases.

First of all Talonflames ditched Razor Wind after evolution, except for the Volcanion movie it never used Razor Wind, so no, all 3 of its moves were close ranged.

So what Silvally as Type:Null had a ranged attack? The Hawlucha point is to prove that there can be Pokemon with all close ranged attacks. So there is nothing unusual if Silvally after evolution has all close ranged attacks.

Multi-Attack slashes the opponent hard(and in the anime that kind of moves can lead to critical hits). It's not a move that hits the opponent heavily, like Crush Claw clearly does in the anime. Lycanroc was send flying back a long way by Crush Claw(which clearly shows how heavy hitting the move is) and was then KO'd.

Um, no. It was never shown that Multi Attack involves claws. And Crush Claw clearly doesn't slash the opponent hard, which Multi-Attack and Air-Slash both does. So Air Slash is definitely more similar to Multi Attack.

Lol I don't know why you are using game descriptions. Games =/= Anime.

First off in regards to Talonflame, no, Talonflame did not get rid of Razor Wind after evolution rarely using the move is not the same thing as getting rid of the move, so no Talonflame did still have Razor Wind the, only way you could say it didn't is if it was proven that it replaced it with a different move, however as you said Talonflame used it in the movie 19 which would mean that yes, it still has it and before you try to "oh but that doesn't count because the movie is not canon" no I'm sorry but it does count because use the current move set of the pokemon at the time so if Talonflame had truly gotten rid of Razor Wind then we wouldn't have even seen it use it in movie 19.

Also way to ignore what actually happened there the gif of Silvally using Multi-Attack clearly shows it's slashing the opponent with it's claws and not blades unlike Air Slash, so no that is different from Air Slash and no a majority of it not the same.

Also the point about the whole thing with Hawlucha is that all the attacks Ash's Hawlucha ever used was close range which not the case with Silvally, It would not be unusual for Sivally to have all close range attacks if Type:Null had all close range attacks, however no matter how you look at it, no matter how you try to argue it is unusual to give Type:Null a ranged attack if it's going to replace that when it "becomes" Sivally, it's not like there weren't choices for close range attacks Type:Null yet they gave it a range moved, yes it is unusual for them to specifically go out their way to give it a ranged attack when there plenty of close range attacks to choose from and to just go and replace the range attack with a close range attack.

Their not similar at all in fact the gifs you showed just furthers my point that there different. Honestly I don't get why your so obsessed with the idea of Multi-Attack replacing Air Slash but at this point it's clear that your just going to keep drawing false similarities between Air Slash and Multi-Attack when there are hardly any, basically saying that an it makes sense for an Orange to replace an Apple because there somehow similar. Not to mention the fact that refuse to even talk about the idea of Multi-Attack replacing Double Hit, instead you keep insisting on supposed similarities between Multi-Attack and Air Slash insisting that Sivally gets rid of it only ranged attacked just so Sivally will only have a move set of Close ranged moves.

No matter how you look at it they didn't have to give Type:Null Air Slash which is a ranged attacked they could have easily given it Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, Dragon Claw, or even Aerial Ace or some other close ranged attack or heck they could have just had Type:Null only show off 3 moves, no matter how you look at it would be odd to give Type:Null a ranged attacked that it showed off in episode 47 and then have it get replaced in 2 episodes later by Multi-Attack does not make sense as there was no reason to give Type:Null a ranged attack if it wasn't going to keep it and was just going to get replaced by a close range attack.

I mean lets think about this they showed off Type:Null's current move set in episode 47 and then had it become Sivally and learn Multi-Attack two episodes later in episode 49, so for what reason did Type:Null need to have a ranged attack when it was just going to get replaced two episodes later, I mean it's not like there was a dire need for Type:Null to have a 4th move especially a ranged attacked that when it was going to get Multi-Attack two episodes later, if anything i2i's point about Double Hit being the move that gets replaced makes a lot more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.