• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If Hau appears, he for sure will have Alolan Raichu, as that has been his signature Pokemon in all the merch featuring him. Besides, someone's gotta show off its Z-Move.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Hau appears, he for sure will have Alolan Raichu, as that has been his signature Pokemon in all the merch featuring him. Besides, someone's gotta show off its Z-Move.

If Hau appears, we could also see what his starter could have been. The anime hasn't really confirmed nor denied that someone gives kids a starter when they start out the Island Challenge. Hau always seemed like the Litten-type tbh.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If Hau appears, we could also see what his starter could have been. The anime hasn't really confirmed nor denied that someone gives kids a starter when they start out the Island Challenge. Hau always seemed like the Litten-type tbh.

Really? To me personally, Hau always seemed like the Rowlet type, with Decidueye feeling like a perfect match for him.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
there are very few reasons i'd want to see Ash-Greninja come back

personally just to get a kick out of everyone's reaction to it, since it's not a mega evolution, especially Lana given her fetish for water-pokemon, (though if she starts believing she can make a Lana-popplio...)

A more logical excuse would be if the other three Zygarde core cells appear, something happens to them signaling the two from kalos to come to their aid and bring Greninja along for the ride.

Whatever happens next for Ash just better happen soon, he really needs a change.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And that's the thing. I don't think anyone is giving these kids starter Pokemon. They seem to be treated as rare Pokemon and nothing more. Like other than those statues on Poni Island, there's been nothing indicating they're any more special than any other Pokemon.

Really helps me buy into the whole "prequel" theory. Would make sense if, by the end of the series, Alola has become a more traditional region, and Kukui will start giving out Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio to beginning Trainers.

DanielS

Im kinda hoping that Ash's next capture is battle ready instead of alolan Sandshrew give him alolan sandslash right from the start but if they decide on Sandshrew evolve both his starters once each so that it's somewhat believeable he can take on ubs and evolved pokemon without relying on lycanroc or pikachu every time

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I have a VERY good feeling Greninja will return (which might be a problem since Ash doesn't and probably will not have Waterium Z). I see it as something like Zygarde calls its other cells to fight Ultra Necrozma (which means that Nebby/Lunala won't be overshadowed because they technically ARE Ultra Necrozma). This satisfies the advertising for Zygarde in SM as well (or if prequel theory is true, explains WHY Zygarde is in SM). Win or lose, whatever happens, it tells Ash that Greninja has finished weedwhacking and can join his team again.

This ultimately would be right before the league, and then we get a DP style reunion of all old mons in league. Ash uses GPCISS as his final team and wins (and yes, I have been predicting that Ash might win to fit the whole "you are the champ" theme of Alola, barring the possibility described in my signature). Either Ash loses against an E4 or travels to gen 8 region for champion's league or becomes a frontier brain (my personal preference) and gets written off and replaced by a new character or AU Ash (more likely considering the AU hype train).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If that's what happens, then what's the point of his Alola team? They'll be ultimately overshadowed.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
If that's what happens, then what's the point of his Alola team? They'll be ultimately overshadowed.

I don't get this complaint at all. So in previous seasons, like in Johto, BF and DP, did bringing back his reserves cause his regional team to be overshadowed and underdeveloped? I'm sure whether its Greninja or any other reserve, if they're brought back, it'll be towards the end, and the Alola team would already be well established and developed by then.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I mean, I've seen many people argue that the Johto team was overshadowed and underdeveloped overall, so...

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Lol at some user who said its not okay to bring reverse in kalos league cause it would overshadow kslos team but now they okay to bring back ash greninja to overshadow alola team,
Even for 3 episode it would be better give them to Rowley or litten rather give greninja episode about how powerful he is in battling UB

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's such a convoluted method of making a Kalos Pokemon relevant in SM however, which is why some of us don't want to see this happen. Wasn't the constant Gekkouga promotion in XY&Z enough? Why do we need Gekkouga to overshadow Satoshi's underdeveloped SM team?
That's why I don't want Greninja to return. If Greninja returns, it will overshadow Ash's entire Alola team and cause them to become underdeveloped.

Also, here's my current team prediction:
Pikachu
Incineroar
Decidueye
Lycanroc (Dusk)
Alolan Sandslash
Ribombee

Then I'd presume that in BF, as so many earlier Pokemon returned in that saga, every one of his Pokemon were underdeveloped, right? Or in DP, as so many reserves returned, all of his Pokemon were underdeveloped, right?

I just like the hypocrisy in all of the reasonings of you guys, when nobody ever complained about so many earlier Pokemon returning in entire BF arc, and reserves returning in DP, whereas giving the same reasoning that Greninja returning would overshadow Ash's entire Alola team.

First of all, Greninja is on a mission, to help Zygarde in cutting the dangerous vines in Kalos. After its mission is over, it has no business staying in Kalos, but instead to return to Ash. So yeah, it has enough reasons to come back.

Like it or not, Greninja's return is very much on the cards. It is a very popular Pokemon among fans and its merchandise is scheduled for March.

Last edited:

nickdt

I don't get this complaint at all. So in previous seasons, like in Johto, BF and DP, did bringing back his reserves cause his regional team to be overshadowed and underdeveloped? I'm sure whether its Greninja or any other reserve, if they're brought back, it'll be towards the end, and the Alola team would already be well established and developed by then.

Yes his Johto team was overshadowed and underdeveloped. BF isn't really an issue, since it was Post-League and thus his regional team got the limelight during the league and regional gym run. In Sinnoh they kinda were overshadowed by the reservescat the league since they only fought one battle... but by no means they where underdeveloped (Aside from maybe Gliscor, Buizel and Gible). I fear the same will happen at the Alola League if Ash brings in reserves: The Alola crew only battling Gladion, which will feel like they are overshadowed by the reserves.

Last edited:
As much as I'm not the biggest fan of fully-evolved mons returning, the SM anime is possibly the best one to make Greninja come back. Give that guy some personality.

CabochonJaw

Ash's current team shows some promise, but adding Ash-Greninja back would really kick it up a notch. Ash caught 5 pokemon in Kalos, so maybe he will break that record by only catching 3 or 4 pokemon in Alola, leaving plenty of room for Ash-Greninja.

nickdt

Ash's current team shows some promise, but adding Ash-Greninja back would really kick it up a notch. Ash caught 5 pokemon in Kalos, so maybe he will break that record by only catching 3 or 4 pokemon in Alola, leaving plenty of room for Ash-Greninja.

If Ash-Greninja joins his Alola Team, then they can't justify Ash losing his Kahuna battles anymore, since he has Ash-Greninja in his arsenal and thus is forced to use him (Leaving his regional team underdeveloped). Like i said before: Ash-Greninja returning does more harm than good (Not only in Alola, but also in future gens, since they can't justify Ash losing a League anymore since he has Ash-Greninja at Oaks, unless its against a Legendary or Mega)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash Greninja coming back will harm the development of his Alola team, leaving them underdeveloped. Rowlet and Litten may never evolve if Ash Greninja comes back.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ash Greninja coming back will harm the development of his Alola team, leaving them underdeveloped. Rowlet and Litten may never evolve if Ash Greninja comes back.

Like how Charizard returning in BF prevented Grovyle from evolving, or how Sceptile's return in DP prevented Infernape and Torterra from happening, and took away the formers focus?

People here are acting as though if Greninja does return, it's going to be next week, and be permanent, which is ridiculous. I'm sure if Greninja potentially does come back, it'll be for a mini arc, like how Charizard returned for the BF, or as a league reserve, like Sceptile did. Even if Greninja does come back for a bit longer, it could probably be like how Charizard did for the Plasma arc (except hopefully handled better). Whatever the scenario may be for a potential Greninja return, I just see it being temporary, and I really doubt it'll somehow prevent the current Alola starters from evolving (like seriously, what's the connection between Greninja and the starters evolving?).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Like how Charizard returning in BF prevented Grovyle from evolving, or how Sceptile's return in DP prevented Infernape and Torterra from happening, and took away the formers focus?

People here are acting as though if Greninja does return, it's going to be next week, and be permanent, which is ridiculous. I'm sure if Greninja potentially does come back, it'll be for a mini arc, like how Charizard returned for the BF, or as a league reserve, like Sceptile did. Even if Greninja does come back for a bit longer, it could probably be like how Charizard did for the Plasma arc (except hopefully handled better). Whatever the scenario may be for a potential Greninja return, I just see it being temporary, and I really doubt it'll somehow prevent the current Alola starters from evolving (like seriously, what's the connection between Greninja and the starters evolving?).

It would steal the focus away from them. It's like the Kanto team stealing the focus away from his Johto team.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It would steal the focus away from them. It's like the Kanto team stealing the focus away from his Johto team.

I don't think one can use Johto as a full example. Kanto + Johto is considered one series and adventure, and the reason Ash's Johto Pokémon were underdeveloped was because Ash brought along his Kanto Pokémon with him at the start of his Johto journey, before leaving them one by one, such as Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, etc. So he caught most of his Johto Pokémon later, and their screen time wasn't much.

Since then, Ash has never brought along any of his previous region Pokémon along with him in a new region, and the same holds for Alola. So his Alolan team will have plenty of time and opportunity to develop, and furthermore, as I said, if Greninja has to return, I only see it returning for an important arc, like a UB arc, or as a league reserve. These events will probably happen much later, and by then, the Alolan Pokémon would have had their moments of development to the point that Greninja returning wouldn't really steal any focus that they really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.