• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Greninja returning will have no impact on how the rest of the team will develop. The writers always favor certain Pokemon anyways so someone will be shafted regardless of it returns or not.
Doesn't mean people have to like it, though.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What do you think the chances are that Ash will keep Nebby? I know it's low, but I hope he or Lillie does.

I don't think he'll keep it, but this got me thinking that I'm more curious if we will see Lunala in the anime, and if it'll start as a Nebby2.0, or just come as Lunala.

Vipsoccermaster

What do you think the chances are that Ash will keep Nebby? I know it's low, but I hope he or Lillie does.
Very unlikely. The upcoming episode this week is pretty much the last time we'll see Solgaleo for the time being. Neither Ash nor Lillie are going to keep a legendary on their hands.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Hopefully the New Years special hints at team changes so we can have something new to discuss. It would be funny if everything we have assumed is completely off.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Doesn't mean people have to like it, though.

Sure people can choose to view a potential Greninja return however they want (though such views have absolutely zero impact on the actual probability of Greninja eventually making a return which given various factors seems to be far more likely than unlikely which is the point that is being argued); I’d personally be thrilled :)!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Are there any hints as to what Ash's next team change could be?

Not really, except there has been merchandise scheduled that shows Alolan Sandshrew and Torracat. The main source would be the preview coming on 28th December, where we hope it shows some future changes.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
There's also the dice that shows Poiple along with Pikachu and Dusk Lycanroc.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Not really, except there has been merchandise scheduled that shows Alolan Sandshrew and Torracat. The main source would be the preview coming on 28th December, where we hope it shows some future changes.

I still question how the merchandise with Alolan Sandshrew on it means its going to Ash.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I still question how the merchandise with Alolan Sandshrew on it means its going to Ash.

Well, same here. I'm not fully convinced either that having Sandshrew merchandise definitely means it'll go to Ash. But I guess the argument is that Ash doing the Steelium type Z Move in episode 25 was foreshadowing a steel type into his party (though couldn't it just be that foreshadowing Ash using Searing Sunraze Smash).

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Well, same here. I'm not fully convinced either that having Sandshrew merchandise definitely means it'll go to Ash. But I guess the argument is that Ash doing the Steelium type Z Move in episode 25 was foreshadowing a steel type into his party (though couldn't it just be that foreshadowing Ash using Searing Sunraze Smash).

I have had similar thoughts about the foreshadowing having been about Solgaleo's Z-move. Which in turn opens the possibility of Ash getting a bug or ghost Z-crystal instead. (Dewpider or Wimpod?) Or the writers just blatantly give him something actually useful to him based on his team composition at the time, like electric Z-crystal over fighting.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Greninja returning will have no impact on how the rest of the team will develop. The writers always favor certain Pokemon anyways so someone will be shafted regardless of it returns or not.

Exactly right though I would prefer him not to come in during UB arc or trial arc but he should in return in BF like match or a league match against an OP opponent. There will always be certain pokemon who will be getting extra focus in comparison to others.

Well... i don't want a reserve being a fall guy perse, but it depends on the mon (And just like you i have the feeling what was the point in evolving Quilava if it doesn't get a win). I wouldn't mind seeing Sceptile, Charizard and Snorlax being the Fall guys in favor of other mons who need the wins more desperatly, like Totodile or the the Unova crew to name a few examples.

No one in there mind is going to be silent if his powerhouses like charizard or snorlax are gonna be fall guys just to make jobbers like totodile or boldore make stars. These pokemon are iconic and have there big fanbases. and they deserve all there cameos, come back when boldore and totodile or even scraggy become popular. As for league goes not using reserves didn't save torkoal for being a fall guy in hoenn league or pokemon like unfezeant or boldore in unnova league vs cameron. This is just an excuse for people to make without even thinking. As for torkoal and glalie being left after hoenn league charizard and snorlax should not be ebven blamed for there absence as they were only there for one episode. ou should blame it on phanpy and aipom who kept ash's last 2 spots not those 2.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Or he'll be able to use that Z-crystal because Pikachu Knows Iron Tail.

ShadowForce720

And if Pikachu is the only one to use the Steelium-Z that would mean other then the first time Ash gets then after that he would only use it with Pikachu when the Electric type Z-move wouldn't work which would mean we would hardly ever see it, where as if Ash got a Steel type Pokemon that uses it, it would use it more often sense it ,is it's go to Z-move, and before you try to bring up the whole oh well if that's the case doesn't he need a Normal type Pokemon for the Normalium-Z, the difference with the situation with Normalium-Z compared to Steelium-Z is that Normalium-Z is being treated like a starter Z-crystal in that it's so that all of Ash's Pokemon can use a Z-move while they wait to get a Z-move of their type, and so far we've seen all 4 of Ash's Pokemon use the Normal type Z-move.

Where as right now Ash's Pikachu is the only one to have a Steel type move and if it's having to choose between using it's Electric type Z-move or the Steel type Z-move it will almost always pick to use the Electric type Z-move, and only using the Steel type Z-move when the Electric type Z-move wouldn't work against the opponent. At the end of the day it would be pretty pointless for Ash to get Steelium-Z if Pikachu was going to be the only Pokemon on his team to use it considering it wouldn't be Pikachu's go to Z-move. Where as say if Ash got a Alolan Sandshrew it would likely have the Steel type Z-move as it's go to Z-move, meaning that we would see the Steel type Z-move more often.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

Then it will be overshadowed by Gigavolt Havoc and 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt and almost never get used. He needs a Steel-type to reliably use Steelium.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
And if Pikachu is the only one to use the Steelium-Z that would mean other then the first time Ash gets then after that he would only use it with Pikachu when the Electric type Z-move wouldn't work which would mean we would hardly ever see it, where as if Ash got a Steel type Pokemon that uses it, it would use it more often sense it ,is it's go to Z-move, and before you try to bring up the whole oh well if that's the case doesn't he need a Normal type Pokemon for the Normalium-Z, the difference with the situation with Normalium-Z compared to Steelium-Z is that Normalium-Z is being treated like a starter Z-crystal in that it's so that all of Ash's Pokemon can use a Z-move while they wait to get a Z-move of their type, and so far we've seen all 4 of Ash's Pokemon use the Normal type Z-move.

Where as right now Ash's Pikachu is the only one to have a Steel type move and if it's having to choose between using it's Electric type Z-move or the Steel type Z-move it will almost always pick to use the Electric type Z-move, and only using the Steel type Z-move when the Electric type Z-move wouldn't work against the opponent. At the end of the day it would be pretty pointless for Ash to get Steelium-Z if Pikachu was going to be the only Pokemon on his team to use it considering it wouldn't be Pikachu's go to Z-move. Where as say if Ash got a Alolan Sandshrew it would likely have the Steel type Z-move as it's go to Z-move, meaning that we would see the Steel type Z-move more often.

First, the Normalium-Z is being treated like a Z-crystal and not a stand in for other Z-crystals. Second, you say it would be pretty pointless if only one Pokemon can use it but that's already happening with all of Ash's current Z-crystals minus the Normalium-Z.

ShadowForce720

First, the Normalium-Z is being treated like a Z-crystal and not a stand in for other Z-crystals. Second, you say it would be pretty pointless if only one Pokemon can use it but that's already happening with all of Ash's current Z-crystals minus the Normalium-Z.

Okay if the Normalium-Z is being treated like a Z-crystal and not a stand in for other Z-crystals then do you mind explaining why Ash's Pokemon have never used it more then once, in fact they only use it one time and then after they never use it again and instead get a Z-crystal that matches their type.

Also you say that oh well that I said it's pretty pointless for only one Pokemon to use so that must mean it applies to all of Ash's current Z-crystals minus Normalium-Z right? wrong, you seemed to miss my point, the difference between the situation that Steelium-Z would be in compared to the others Z-crystals is that if you look at it Electrium-Z, Grassium-Z, and Rockium-Z are the go to Z-crystals of Pikachu, Rowlet, and Rockruff which means that will likely see them use it more then once, where as the reason why it would be pointless for Ash to get Steelium-Z if only Pikachu is going to use it, is because it will never be Pikachu's go to Z-move and Pikachu would only ever use it once when it's first gotten and then after that only in situations where it's Electric type Z-move wouldn't work.

Where as if Ash gets a Steel type Pokemon like say Alolan Sandshrew then the Steelium-Z can be it's go to Z-move which would mean that we would see the Steel type Z-move more.

Then it will be overshadowed by Gigavolt Havoc and 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt and almost never get used. He needs a Steel-type to reliably use Steelium.

pretty much this.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Exactly. Which is why Sandshrew is most likely going to be his.
Nobody can honestly believe Pikachu would use Corkscrew more than once now that he has 10,000,000 Volt. lol

DatsRight

If Sandshrew becomes a regular, I'm calling a duo episode with Snowy where they're pit against hungry Weavile.

Exactly. Which is why Sandshrew is most likely going to be his.
Nobody can honestly believe Pikachu would use Corkscrew more than once now that he has 10,000,000 Volt. lol

Except the end of last episode implies 10,000,000 Volt was a temporary power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.