• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I agree. We JUST had Nebby as Ash's surrogate Pokemon and I can't imagine they'd immediately repeat the plot with Poipole. It's clearly gonna play a big role, and it's it's the perfect choice of UB for Ash if they wanna give him one. The only other scenario I could really see would be the Ultra Recon Squad showing up and capturing it.

Just because Naganadel is technically considered a legendary by the games doesn't mean it has to be uber powerful. Even by the games standard it's BST is only 540.

Also, Gladion's had a legendary almost since he debuted.

Naganadel is currently in Ubers. It's really good and can sweep entire teams thanks to Beast Boost.

johno1995

Naganadel is currently in Ubers. It's really good and can sweep entire teams thanks to Beast Boost.

The writers don't care about made-up tiers.

I'm pretty certain Ash will be getting Poipole and Alolan Sandshrew as his last two team members. I think it has potential to be his most diverse team yet. The one thing I will commend the writers for is that they've done a great job of giving Ash's party some personality this series, so I hope this continues.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The writers don't care about made-up tiers.

I'm pretty certain Ash will be getting Poipole and Alolan Sandshrew as his last two team members. I think it has potential to be his most diverse team yet. The one thing I will commend the writers for is that they've done a great job of giving Ash's party some personality this series, so I hope this continues.

I was saying that Naganadel isn't the weakest Ultra Beast. They can make it as powerful as they want to.

Rajas

I was saying that Naganadel isn't the weakest Ultra Beast. They can make it as powerful as they want to.

Right and it will be strong enough to help Ash through trials, defeating other UBs, possibly fight Necrozma and lose to Silvally in the possible league.

Master Pikachu 11

Well, no more trials. The main cast will probably be too busy fighting off Ultra Beasts to worry about the trials.

Wrong! The anime staff would not be doing their jobs if they didn’t finish the remaining grand trials. Regardless of how you feel, they have to have Ash take on the other two Kahunas because they are still part of promoting the games. So I expect them to introduce the other two Kahunas and for Ash to take them on.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well, no more trials. The main cast will probably be too busy fighting off Ultra Beasts to worry about the trials.

You honestly expect that to last more than 10 episodes? They'll be back to being on boring old Melemele within 10 episodes.

We still need to see Steel, Ghost, Dark, and the starter z-moves too.

ShadowForce720

Except there is no reason to think that Naganadel will be as strong as your trying to say. You keep saying that oh well they can make it as powerful as they want, but just because they can do that does not mean that they will do that, and from how they treat the power difference between legendary Pokemon there is no reason to think that Naganadel is going to be as powerful as you say, for instance sure they could make Dialga powerful enough to defeat Arceus in a 1vs1 match, but will they ever do that most likely not.

The problem here is your trying to put Naganadel in a blank with other UBs and Legendries and then somehow say there the same in power when their not. Also another problem with this whole but they can make it as powerful as they want argument that your trying to use here is that, it can literally be applied to every single Pokemon, the thing you got to realize is that just because they can make a Pokemon as powerful as they want doesn't mean they will or that they won't show differences in strength between Pokemon.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Except there is no reason to think that Naganadel will be as strong as your trying to say. You keep saying that oh well they can make it as powerful as they want, but just because they can do that does not mean that they will do that, and from how they treat the power difference between legendary Pokemon there is no reason to think that Naganadel is going to be as powerful as you say, for instance sure they could make Dialga powerful enough to defeat Arceus in a 1vs1 match, but will they ever do that most likely not.

The problem here is your trying to put Naganadel in a blank with other UBs and Legendries and then somehow say there the same in power when their not. Also another problem with this whole but they can make it as powerful as they want argument that your trying to use here is that, it can literally be applied to every single Pokemon, the thing you got to realize is that just because they can make a Pokemon as powerful as they want doesn't mean they will or that they won't show differences in strength between Pokemon.

Whether Dialga is able to defeat Arceus or not, it would still be vastly stronger than any other pokémon on Ash's team. Bad comparison.

All Ultra Beasts share the Base Stat Total of 570. Technically meaning that they are the same in power. Except Naganadel, which has a BST of 540.. Which is slightly lower compared to the other Ultra Beasts, but compared to fully evolved starters, it's still stronger.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Greninja returning will have no impact on how the rest of the team will develop. The writers always favor certain Pokemon anyways so someone will be shafted regardless of it returns or not.

Well... i don't want a reserve being a fall guy perse, but it depends on the mon (And just like you i have the feeling what was the point in evolving Quilava if it doesn't get a win). I wouldn't mind seeing Sceptile, Charizard and Snorlax being the Fall guys in favor of other mons who need the wins more desperatly, like Totodile or the the Unova crew to name a few examples.

The difference being that if Ash didn't have Ash-Greninja (Or used another Mega), he wouldn't have come so far. If Ash has a legendary, he will steamroll the league if others don't have them.

Lol he ad ash greninja in kalos league also and him and MCX were both in different league than the others competing there. Poipole being there do not mean anthing as he could simply use any othere team member in those matches and only use poipole against gladion's silvally. Besides its episode 55 and there is no sign of alolan league so we don't know really.

ShadowForce720

Whether Dialga is able to defeat Arceus or not, it would still be vastly stronger than any other pokémon on Ash's team. Bad comparison.

All Ultra Beasts share the Base Stat Total of 570. Technically meaning that they are the same in power. Except Naganadel, which has a BST of 540.. Which is slightly lower compared to the other Ultra Beasts, but compared to fully evolved starters, it's still stronger.

and compared to Snorlax, Haxorus, Magmortar , Electivire, Milotic , Blissey, Kingdra, and Gyarados it's the same strength as them, while compared to Togekiss, Volcarona, Arcanine, Florges, and Archeops it would still be weaker then them, so Ash having Naganadel wouldn't be as overpowering as some people here seem to think, especially since there are quite a few standard Pokemon that are equal or greater strength then it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
and compared to Snorlax, Haxorus, Magmortar , Electivire, Milotic , Blissey, Kingdra, and Gyarados it's the same strength as them, while compared to Togekiss, Volcarona, Arcanine, Florges, and Archeops it would still be weaker then them, so Ash having Naganadel wouldn't be as overpowering as some people here seem to think, especially since there are quite a few standard Pokemon that are equal or greater strength then it.

That's solely based on game base stats. Naganadel can be as powerful as the writers make it.

DanielS

I've seen the argument about poipole ability being op for ash to have but people need to remember that the writers tend not to use the Pokemons abilities unless they want or need to... We've seen Charizard beaten and at the end of it's line but never used blaze unlike Infernape or they can modify it's ability like Ash Greninja who needed to beat a Pokemon beforehand to activate it but the writers chose to use it when it was a 1v1

nickdt

I've seen the argument about poipole ability being op for ash to have but people need to remember that the writers tend not to use the Pokemons abilities unless they want or need to... We've seen Charizard beaten and at the end of it's line but never used blaze unlike Infernape or they can modify it's ability like Ash Greninja who needed to beat a Pokemon beforehand to activate it but the writers chose to use it when it was a 1v1

However, they can do that with Blaze. With Beast Boost however, it kicks in every time a UB defeats a Pokemon. Thats the difference with Blaze.

ShadowForce720

That's solely based on game base stats. Naganadel can be as powerful as the writers make it.

And there is literally nothing to suggest that there going to make it as powerful as you think or want it to be, it's pretty likely that there going to be showing a difference in power between Naganadel and the other Ultra Beast with Naganadel being weaker then them. I don't know why you keep using that logic as if some how you think it's a wining argument when it's not, because that logic could apply to every Pokemon, so no just because the writers can make a Pokemon as powerful as they want doesn't mean that they will make it as powerful as you think.

However, they can do that with Blaze. With Beast Boost however, it kicks in every time a UB defeats a Pokemon. Thats the difference with Blaze.

The problem with this whole idea that Beast Boost would make Naganadel over powered is your assuming that Ash is going to keep it out and fight multiple Pokemon in a row, and realistically that wouldn't really happen as it would likely either get taken out, be swapped out during the match by Ash or, be one of the last Pokemon Ash sends out, in other words Beast Boost isn't going to be stacking that much. Heck you make it sound like you think it's going to be taking out 4 or 5 Pokemon in a row, which realistically looking how Ash handles his Pokemon Nagandel taking out that many would be extremely unlikely because even if it doesn't get knocked out before then it would most certainly get swapped out before then, at most your looking at Nagandel knocking out 3 Pokemon, but even then that would probably still be a rare thing, and they would instead have it more commonly knock out 1 or 2 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Lusamine said she needs Ultra Guardians' help to capture Ultra Beasts that appear in Alola and safely release them back to their own world. That might mean we will see Beast Balls in the anime.

Prediction: Ash will catch Poipole with Beast Ball. Poipole will be interested in Ash and want to be with him, so Lusamine will let him keep Poipole.
After Alola League ends, Poipole army will arrive in Alola and attack. Naganadel will stop Poipole army and become its new leader, and then Ash will release it to take care of them and make sure the invasion won't happen again,
so they will go back to its own world.

Last edited:

nickdt

Lusamine said she needs Ultra Guardians' help to capture Ultra Beasts that appear in Alola and safely release them back to their own world. That might mean we will see Beast Balls in the anime.

Prediction: Ash will catch Poipole with Beast Ball. Poipole will be interested in Ash and want to be with him, so Lusamine will let him keep Poipole.
After Alola League ends, Poipole army will arrive in Alola and attack. Naganadel will stop Poipole army and become its new leader, and then Ash will release it to take care of them and make sure the invasion won't happen again,
so they will go back to its own world.

No thanks. I don't want another wasted slot in his party which can be reserved for a permanent member he can call upon later.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

The problem is that, you keep thinking that all Legendaries are invincible gods while all of them certainly aren't. Sure, certain Legendaries are invincible gods, like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Rayquaza, Zygarde, etc., but some Legendaries like the Legendary Birds, Legendary Titans, etc. have been portrayed as very much beatable Pokemon whom Ash's top powerhouses/Pokemon of that calibre like Ash-Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape are definitely capable of beating.

Not to mention, Brandon's Registeel was brought to its knees by an average Pokemon like Ash's Torkoal. Just saying.

So there's nothing to suggest that Naganadel would be ridiculously overpowered or anything.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The problem is that, you keep thinking that all Legendaries are invincible gods while all of them certainly aren't. Sure, certain Legendaries are invincible gods, like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Rayquaza, Zygarde, etc., but some Legendaries like the Legendary Birds, Legendary Titans, etc. have been portrayed as very much beatable Pokemon whom Ash's top powerhouses/Pokemon of that calibre like Ash-Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape are definitely capable of beating.

Not to mention, Brandon's Registeel was brought to its knees by an average Pokemon like Ash's Torkoal. Just saying.

So there's nothing to suggest that Naganadel would be ridiculously overpowered or anything.

Legendaries can be beaten if the Pokemon are highly trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.