• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think a reminder of DP is in order:

First came Turtwig -> Grotle
Second came Chimchar -> Monferno
Third came Monferno -> Infernape
And fourth came Grotle -> Torterra

Lets say that Litten = Turtwig and Rowlet = Chimchar..

Litten -> Torracat
Rowlet -> Dartrix
Dartrix -> Decidueye
Torracat -> SCREW INCINEROAR! >.>

Thanks for the DP reminder. :)

I guess there is still strong hope that Rowlet would fully evolve.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Rowlet's either staying as it is or fully evolving. Dartrix is by far the least popular of the Rowlet line, I highly doubt Ash will end up with it. I also don't think Decidueye is going to receive the Chesnaught treatment, because unlike Chesnaught, the Japanese actually like Decidueye. If Ash doesn't get it, then they're probably saving it for a future, likely anime-exclusive rival.

Eh, to me, Litten fully evolving was obvious. Incineroar may be the least popular of the fully evolved Alolan starters, but it is a Creator's Pet due to the relation to Tiger Mask.

tl;dr: Sometimes, the Pokemon that was caught first evolves first, sometimes it doesn't. There is no set pattern. Call me delusional, but I still think Decidueye for Ash is a possibility, and I'm going to believe it until one of two things happens. Either an important character with either a Dartrix or Decidueye shows up or Rowlet indicates it doesn't want to evolve. If one of those two things happens, I will gladly eat crow.

Can you explain the creator's pet-argument again? I honestly see that it is based on Tiger Mask, but why would that matter? Decidueye is based of Robin Hood (green clad archer), so what's the difference? What's the relation between Tiger Mask and the staff of the pokémon animé?

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I think a reminder of DP is in order:

First came Turtwig -> Grotle
Second came Chimchar -> Monferno
Third came Monferno -> Infernape
And fourth came Grotle -> Torterra

Lets say that Litten = Turtwig and Rowlet = Chimchar..

Litten -> Torracat
Rowlet -> Dartrix
Dartrix -> Decidueye
Torracat -> SCREW INCINEROAR! >.>

^So much this. But I would still be ok if Rowlet stayed unevolved at the end.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
well i think ash torracat is just gonna stay like that so it could become delia's home cat's in future. and about dark z crytals it could being switch or nanu give different z crytals , well i dont mind ash with inceneroar tho just have low expectation

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Can you explain the creator's pet-argument again? I honestly see that it is based on Tiger Mask, but why would that matter? Decidueye is based of Robin Hood (green clad archer), so what's the difference? What's the relation between Tiger Mask and the staff of the pokémon animé?
Tiger Mask is one of Sugimori's childhood heroes

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Kind of interesting how Poipole has the badge thing like everyone else. Not saying it means it will get caught because of that but it still looked intriguing nonetheless.

I also love how Steenee, Snowy, Togademaru, and Popplio have ribbons lol.
Now that you mention that, I wonder... could that be something confirming genders? Only those four have ribbons, and of those four, two are confirmed female and Steenee is a female only species. I wonder if it's the female Pokemon that have the ribbons and the males that have the amulets. I mean, we already know Pikachu and Turtonator are male, and Rowlet and Soph's Charjabug most likely are too given the former's attraction toward Steenee and the events of SM41 with regards to the latter.

If that's what it is, that confirms Lana's Popplio is female, and Ash's entire team plus Kiawe's Marowak and Soph's Charjabug are male. Other than Popplio, which I had assumed to be male so there'd be three male and three female "signature" Pokemon on the main cast, not too surprising I suppose.

Last edited:

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Go, go, PokéRangers!
My favorite Alola starter and member of Ash's Alola team is evolving! I hope Popplio & Rowlet get to their secondary stages relatively soon. I also hope Lusamine, Wicke, Faba, Burnet, & Kukui are at least doing some non battle related way to help against Buzzwole & future UBs. Don't know how I feel about Poipole tbh. It's a cool Pokémon but I want to see how it acts in this episode.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
What is this obsession with always evolving the Fire-type starters, whether owned by Ash or another main character.

And if Rowlet is going to be the new Oshawott and therefore be cursed as a non-evolving comedy relief, then maybe the writers seem to have something against Ash owning Ghost-types. Maybe it's because they want Ghost Pokemon to be seen as "evil" I guess?

DanielS

What is this obsession with always evolving the Fire-type starters, whether owned by Ash or another main character.

And if Rowlet is going to be the new Oshawott and therefore be cursed as a non-evolving comedy relief, then maybe the writers seem to have something against Ash owning Ghost-types. Maybe it's because they want Ghost Pokemon to be seen as "evil" I guess?

I'm more surprised they're snubbing the most popular starter this gen (decidueye)for the least favorite starter (incineroar) according to people here but I'm guessing in Japan incineroar is the more well received one or the writers just taking a gamble

DatsRight

Torracat could easily stay a Torracat though. It would fit it's character.

They let him have Haunter, and Kiawe has Marowak. Sure they're kinda in the 'loveable jerk' category, but they're not taboo.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Ghost Pokemon are usually portrayed as pranksters, rarely anything malevolent.

I'm more surprised they're snubbing the most popular starter this gen (decidueye)for the least favorite starter (incineroar) according to people here but I'm guessing in Japan incineroar is the more well received one or the writers just taking a gamble

Well, Tepig was the only one who evolved in BW, and it was (I assume) the least popular of Unova's starters. If it's less popular, it's less marketable and thus the writers have nothing to lose by making it evolve.

If Incineroar isn't as popular in Japan (is it?), this could be a similar situation.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I gave up the Decidueye dream so long ago this doesn't faze me.

I'm actually not even bothered with Torracat anymore.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I think it's neat that Litten is evolving tbph.
Query; can someone link me to this Torracat and Sandshrew merch news or something?

DatsRight

I'm wondering if Ash's role in the upcoming TR episode is a side plot with Torracat evolving.

Since TR are likely distracted then it might make for a cooler less DEM situation. They let Lycanroc have a side plot mastering Continental Crush in their last one.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Apparently, Poipole is not in a circle like all of the captured Pokemon. That may mean that it is just a recurring wild Pokemon like Meloetta.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It still have an ultra badge/necklace on it, so, it's probably the wormhole warper of the group, helping to send the other UBs back to home.

Eh, bar evolutions, I just want Ash catch anything new.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

You definitely dont know the influence of tiger mask on japanese wrestling or as a whole japan. Why wont the anime team take the advantage of this.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
SO looks like it'll be the second part of my prediction, Litten will evolve soon and Rowlett will stay as is, which is totally fine with me. Im excited for cute Torracat and Lycanroc scenes now :D

Super happy that it doesn't look like anyone is getting poipole also, I'd rather a UB stay wild for the most part.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
SO looks like it'll be the second part of my prediction, Litten will evolve soon and Rowlett will stay as is, which is totally fine with me. Im excited for cute Torracat and Lycanroc scenes now :D

Super happy that it doesn't look like anyone is getting poipole also, I'd rather a UB stay wild for the most part.

Just because there is no evidence of Rowlet evolving does not mean that it won't evolve. Also, it doesn't look like anyone's catching Poipole.

Status
Not open for further replies.