• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

The Pokemon Company has confirmed that the Ultra Beasts are NOT Legendary pokemon so that means Ultra Beasts are fair game for Ash to catch & keep.

The problem is though: The UBs are coded as legendaries in the game files. If they are not legendaries, that means Silvally is no legendary either, same goes for Mewtwo and the other legendaries basically. The Pokemon Company can confirm what they want, it contradicts with the Games coding.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't see what's wrong with anyone catching an ultra beast as long as it isn't Ash the only one catching them.

Red and Blue

You can just consider UBs their own subclass of Pokemon. Not normal ones but at the same time not Legendaries/mythicals either.

nickdt

You can just consider UBs their own subclass of Pokemon. Not normal ones but at the same time not Legendaries/mythicals either.

That still makes the games coding problematic. They are coded as legendaries, not as sub-legendaries. That is also the basically the problem with Poipole. He is a starter Pokemon in Ultra Space, but in non-Ultra Space, he is a legendary and thus is coded as such instead of coded as a normal mon.

Last edited:
That still makes the games coding problematic. They are coded as legendaries, not as sub-legendaries. That is also the basically the problem with Poipole. He is a starter Pokemon in Ultra Space, but in non-Ultra Space, he is a legendary and thus is coded as such instead of coded as a normal mon.

I don't see what makes the games' coding so problematic, if it's confirmed that the Ultra Beasts are not considered legendary pokemon then the coding could just refer to any super rare pokemon. Because legendaries are rare pokemon since they're legendary obviously. But then Ultra Beasts are rare pokemon considering they're from another world.

So with that said, I don't see how that whole coding thing in the games really should prevent Ash from potentially getting an Ultra Beast. Like there are many things in the games that the writers end up not paying attention for the anime so this can just be one of those things.

I don't know, I can still see Ash catch Poipole and if he does, I think it'd be cool.

DavidD001

The problem is though: The UBs are coded as legendaries in the game files. If they are not legendaries, that means Silvally is no legendary either, same goes for Mewtwo and the other legendaries basically. The Pokemon Company can confirm what they want, it contradicts with the Games coding.

Mewtwo, Mew, Type:Null/Silvally, etc are actually legendary pokemon but as another person has mentioned...the games's coding has them as also really rare pokemon.
The Ultra Beasts are coded as just really rare pokemon and not legendaries or sub legendaries.

Since The Pokemon Company creates the games basically they have the ruling and since they confirmed that the UBs are not legendaries then that settles that and makes them very fair game for Ash and anyone else who wants to get them.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I understand the main reason Ash has never caught a legendary is because they are too powerful, which is also the reason I seem hesitant for him catching an Ultra Beast. That's why I think that if there's any UB he'd get, it'd be Poipole. Because it evolves into a powerful being rather than starting as it.

DanielS

So from my understanding ultra beasts are legendary/rare in-game because they're from another world/dimension but in ultra space they're common pokemon (where all the confusion is coming from) so my question is ... Let's say we are in ultra space with little knowledge of gen 1-7 regions/pokemon would a Rattata be legendary/rare or common pokemon

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't see what's wrong with anyone catching an ultra beast as long as it isn't Ash the only one catching them.

So long as Lillie doesn't get one.
That would be utterly ridiculous for her first catch compared to Wurmple, Buneary, and Pancham.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I understand the main reason Ash has never caught a legendary is because they are too powerful, which is also the reason I seem hesitant for him catching an Ultra Beast. That's why I think that if there's any UB he'd get, it'd be Poipole. Because it evolves into a powerful being rather than starting as it.

I don't even think that Poipole suits Ash. It suits Lillie better.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think there is any reason for Lillie owning Poipole. At first the characters of the main cast other than Ash seem to use Pokémon of their type speciality, therefore ruling out a possibility of Lillie having a Poipole due to its Poison typing and that she has an Alolan Vulpix. It also seems that this Poipole is more attached to Ash and his Pokémon as it was seen spraying its poison on Ash's shirt on a poster and that it was seen playing with Pikachu in a preview.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't think there is any reason for Lillie owning Poipole. At first the characters of the main cast other than Ash seem to use Pokémon of their type speciality, therefore ruling out a possibility of Lillie having a Poipole due to its Poison typing and that she has an Alolan Vulpix. It also seems that this Poipole is more attached to Ash and his Pokémon as it was seen spraying its poison on Ash's shirt on a poster and that it was seen playing with Pikachu in a preview.

It's already pretty much clear and evident from seeing the poster that Poipole is bonding with Ash. The mischievous smile of it while it's spraying Ash with its poison and it's picture being magnified in the poster along with Ash and Pikachu(just how it was with Ash and Nebby) just suggests that it's very, very unlikely to happen otherwise.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's already pretty much clear and evident from seeing the poster that Poipole is bonding with Ash. The mischievous smile of it while it's spraying Ash with its poison and it's picture being magnified in the poster along with Ash and Pikachu(just how it was with Ash and Nebby) just suggests that it's very, very unlikely to happen otherwise.

I don't think that anyone is catching Poipole. I think that it will just bond with the group before it goes back to Ultra Space.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't think that anyone is catching Poipole. I think that it will just bond with the group before it goes back to Ultra Space.

Only time will tell that. But at this point, the indications of Ash catching it rather than Ash just bonding with it seems to be higher. Reason: Otherwise why so much of Poipole merchandise? If it was just going to bond with Ash like Nebby and go back to the Ultra Space after the Ultra Guardian arc is over, then why so much merchandise? Merchandise after all indicates how much a Pokemon would be shown off. If Poipole only bonds with Ash, it probably won't be shown off for so long as it will be if Ash çaptures it.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Only time will tell that. But at this point, the indications of Ash catching it rather than Ash just bonding with it seems to be higher. Reason: Otherwise why so much of Poipole merchandise? If it was just going to bond with Ash like Nebby and go back to the Ultra Space after the Ultra Guardian arc is over, then why so much merchandise? Merchandise after all indicates how much a Pokemon would be shown off. If Poipole only bonds with Ash, it probably won't be shown off for so long as it will be if Ash çaptures it.

Even if Ash does catch it, I think that at the end of this arc it will be released back into Ultra Space.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Even if Ash does catch it, I think that at the end of this arc it will be released back into Ultra Space.

Then basically the same question arises. If Poipole goes back to the Ultra Space just like Nebby after the Ultra Guardian arc, then it will it be shown off that much as the merchandise is suggesting? The scope of showing off Poipole a lot in that case would possibly be a lot less.

Could Poipole be released at the end of the series? Could be, since the writers probably won't to Oak an UB. But at the end of the Ultra Guardian arc? I doubt it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Poipole is not an official member of Ash's team. I think that it will bond with the group for a while like Meloetta did before it goes back to Ultra Space at the end of the arc. I also think that Ash will catch a Fairy-type because with Totem Kommo-o already defeated, Ash will have to take on the Fairy-trial in order to battle Hapu. He would also need a Fairy-type Pokemon in order to reliably use Fairium.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think that Poipole is not an official member of Ash's team. I think that it will bond with the group for a while like Meloetta did before it goes back to Ultra Space at the end of the arc. I also think that Ash will catch a Fairy-type because with Totem Kommo-o already defeated, Ash will have to take on the Fairy-trial in order to battle Hapu. He would also need a Fairy-type Pokemon in order to reliably use Fairium.

Except we know that Ash caught it in a Beast Ball.
So it's not a Meloetta. And Kommo-o didn't give out Draconium, if it gave Gladion Draconium then it'd be safe to say Kommo-o isn't coming back... but Ash also hasn't met the Jangmo-o line yet.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So it's not a Meloetta. And Kommo-o didn't give out Draconium, if it gave Gladion Draconium then it'd be safe to say Kommo-o isn't coming back... but Ash also hasn't met the Jangmo-o line yet.

Well, as for Poipole being caught in a Beast Ball, I'd like to think so, because Ash's pose in that video is very much similar to Ash's usual pose which he makes after catching a Pokemon for himself. But some people doubt that the pose is of when Ash caught any other UB as an Ultra Guardian for the purpose of sending it back to the Ultra Space.

I don't believe that though, because Ash's pose with the Beast Ball is very much similar to the pose he always gives after catching a Pokemon for himself. So I do think that Ash's pose with the Beast Ball is after Ash caught Poipole.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So long as Lillie doesn't get one.
That would be utterly ridiculous for her first catch compared to Wurmple, Buneary, and Pancham.
Honestly what is with you and hating the best characters of Sun/Moon? There'd be nothing wrong with Lillie getting Poipole (though it does seem unlikely).

Kommo-o giving Gladion the Dragonium-Z wouldn't mean Kommo-o wasn't going to come back. It might mean that specific one won't be back, but some random COTD could have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.