• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinnohEevee

Then basically the same question arises. If Poipole goes back to the Ultra Space just like Nebby after the Ultra Guardian arc, then it will it be shown off that much as the merchandise is suggesting? The scope of showing off Poipole a lot in that case would possibly be a lot less.

Could Poipole be released at the end of the series? Could be, since the writers probably won't to Oak an UB. But at the end of the Ultra Guardian arc? I doubt it.

I think he will catch Poipole and release it at the end of the series. Knowing Ash, he will want it to go back home. He encouraged Lapras to go back to its family even though it wanted to stay with him.

ShadowForce720

I think he will catch Poipole and release it at the end of the series. Knowing Ash, he will want it to go back home. He encouraged Lapras to go back to its family even though it wanted to stay with him.

That's a bit of a different situation though because Ash had promise Lapras that he would reunite with it's family and while there was a part of Lapras that wanted to stay with Ash there was another part of Lapras that wanted to be with it's family. Where as in Poipole's case it's quite possible that it's not really that attached to Ultra Space and it's also quite possible that he will try to release it at the end of the series to try to send it back to Ultra Space, but then Poipole refuses and shows that it has no intention of going back to Ultra Space and it doesn't want to be released.

I mean because at the end of the day whether or not Poipole goes back to Ultra Space it's still Poipole's choice and if Poipole doesn't want to leave then Ash will respect it's choice. It would be out of character for Ash if he forced Poipole to return to Ultra Space if Poipole is so dead set against returning their. Don't forget that back in the original series Ash tried to release Pikachu thinking that it would be happier staying with the other Pikachu but instead it came back. Just because a main character tries to release a Pokemon doesn't mean that attempt will be successful. It's completely possible that at the end of the series that Poipole will go and stay at Oak's lab.

I mean some people here keep saying that oh will Ash will want Poipole to go back home, but you seem to be overlooking what Poipole may want sure it's possible that it might want to go back to Ultra Space, but it's also possible that it might not want to. So if Poipole doesn't want to leave and is against going back to Ultra Space you want Ash to be a dick and completely ignoring Poipole feelings and wishes and forcibly release it and send it back to Ultra Space when Poipole doesn't want to go. Sure it's possible that Poipole could leave at the end of the series but I don't think it's as likely as some people think or are trying to make it sound, as it's also quite possible that it will just end up at Oak's lab instead.

Heck that could be even another difference between Poipole and the other Ultra Beast is that while the other Ultra Beast want to go back Ultra Space it's possible that Poipole does not want to go back to Ultra Space.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
tl;dr: We just have to wait and see what the circumstances are.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's a bit of a different situation though because Ash had promise Lapras that he would reunite with it's family and while there was a part of Lapras that wanted to stay with Ash there was another part of Lapras that wanted to be with it's family. Where as in Poipole's case it's quite possible that it's not really that attached to Ultra Space and it's also quite possible that he will try to release it at the end of the series to try to send it back to Ultra Space, but then Poipole refuses and shows that it has no intention of going back to Ultra Space and it doesn't want to be released.

I mean because at the end of the day whether or not Poipole goes back to Ultra Space it's still Poipole's choice and if Poipole doesn't want to leave then Ash will respect it's choice. It would be out of character for Ash if he forced Poipole to return to Ultra Space if Poipole is so dead set against returning their. Don't forget that back in the original series Ash tried to release Pikachu thinking that it would be happier staying with the other Pikachu but instead it came back. Just because a main character tries to release a Pokemon doesn't mean that attempt will be successful. It's completely possible that at the end of the series that Poipole will go and stay at Oak's lab.

I mean some people here keep saying that oh will Ash will want Poipole to go back home, but you seem to be overlooking what Poipole may want sure it's possible that it might want to go back to Ultra Space, but it's also possible that it might not want to. So if Poipole doesn't want to leave and is against going back to Ultra Space you want Ash to be a dick and completely ignoring Poipole feelings and wishes and forcibly release it and send it back to Ultra Space when Poipole doesn't want to go. Sure it's possible that Poipole could leave at the end of the series but I don't think it's as likely as some people think or are trying to make it sound, as it's also quite possible that it will just end up at Oak's lab instead.

Heck that could be even another difference between Poipole and the other Ultra Beast is that while the other Ultra Beast want to go back Ultra Space it's possible that Poipole does not want to go back to Ultra Space.

It would have to go back. Poipole staying would contradict all the lore surrounding the Ultra Beasts. Just because it has an evolution and is called the "starter Pokemon of Ultra Space" does not mean that it will get treated differently from the others.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Considering GF just announced they're giving out free Legendaries each month (besides the first and last) and still promoting USUM, I doubt we're getting a game this year. Why release DLC's for a game you plan on replacing?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering GF just announced they're giving out free Legendaries each month (besides the first and last) and still promoting USUM, I doubt we're getting a game this year. Why release DLC's for a game you plan on replacing?

Well, they did do the mythical distributions the same year as Sun&Moon's release, but then again, that was for the 20th Anniversary.

ShadowForce720

It would have to go back. Poipole staying would contradict all the lore surrounding the Ultra Beasts. Just because it has an evolution and is called the "starter Pokemon of Ultra Space" does not mean that it will get treated differently from the others.

No, it wouldn't contradict the lore surrounding the Ultra Beast consider Poipole choosing to stay wouldn't get rid of the fact that it was from Ultra Space, all that it means is that unlike the others it wouldn't be going back to Ultra Space. Also it having a evolution being called the starter Pokemon of Ultra Space is already being treated differently then the others. At the end of the day there is no reason why it has to return to Ultra Space if it doesn't want to go back there and no it choosing to stay while the other Ultra Beast return to Ultra Space would not contradict the lore surrounding the Ultra Beast. Heck the fact that Poipole is getting it's own Ultra Guardian badge and maybe even becoming a official member of Ash's Alolan team means that it's already being treated differently then the other Ultra Beast.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

They did the same Mythical distribution in 2016 and SM released in 2016. Also, interestingly, there's no distribution for December. Furthermore, this is just speculation, but there's rumored to be a Pokémon announcement (and Animal Crossing) in March, and generally, a new gen gets revealed 9 months before the release date (XY were revealed in Jan, released in October, and SM were revealed in February, and released in November), so it's possible that if the analyst's prediction is true, we might have a reveal in March, and a release in December.

Beyond that, another interesting thing to note is that Nintendo of Europe sent out surveys asking people which games they would be most interested in buying in the next 12 months, and Pokémon RPG on the Switch was one of the options.

I'd say, there definitely are many hints that seem to be hinting a late 2018 release. However, I feel that if we don't get any news by March, then a 2018 release should be ruled out, and maybe we'd see gen VIII in early 2019. But whatever the case, I just don't see gen VIII releasing in late 2019. With the UB arc already starting in the anime, with both Necrozma forms revealed, the anime definitely can't last longer than Feb/March 2019 tops. Furthermore, they don't have any more gen VII Pokémon for a 2019 movie anyway, since Zeraora is the last gen VII Pokémon, and is most likely going to appear in M21.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No, it wouldn't contradict the lore surrounding the Ultra Beast consider Poipole choosing to stay wouldn't get rid of the fact that it was from Ultra Space, all that it means is that unlike the others it wouldn't be going back to Ultra Space. Also it having a evolution being called the starter Pokemon of Ultra Space is already being treated differently then the others. At the end of the day there is no reason why it has to return to Ultra Space if it doesn't want to go back there and no it choosing to stay while the other Ultra Beast return to Ultra Space would not contradict the lore surrounding the Ultra Beast. Heck the fact that Poipole is getting it's own Ultra Guardian badge and maybe even becoming a official member of Ash's Alolan team means that it's already being treated differently then the other Ultra Beast.

It totally would have to go back to Ultra Space. That's intrinstic in all Ultra Beasts. I'm thinking that Poipole will be released at the end of this arc.

ShadowForce720

It totally would have to go back to Ultra Space. That's intrinstic in all Ultra Beasts. I'm thinking that Poipole will be released at the end of this arc.

No it doesn't, you may want it to be released at the end of this arc and go back to Ultra Space, but there is no reason why it has to go back to Ultra Space, especially since it's already being treated differently then the other Ultra Beast, and I can tell you right now that if Poipole becomes a official member of Ash's Alolan Team then that kills any chance of it being released and returning to Ultra Space at the end of this arc, because there would be no reason to have Poipole become an official member of Ash's team if it wasn't going to stick around for the remainder of the series.

And given that we just came from an Arc with Nebby being an unofficial member of Ash's team and given the amount of merchandise for Poipole including the one that shows it on the same dice as Ash's other Pokemon it's not that hard to see that it's probably more likely that Poipole is going to be an official member of Ash's team.

They did the same Mythical distribution in 2016 and SM released in 2016. Also, interestingly, there's no distribution for December. Furthermore, this is just speculation, but there's rumored to be a Pokémon announcement (and Animal Crossing) in March, and generally, a new gen gets revealed 9 months before the release date (XY were revealed in Jan, released in October, and SM were revealed in February, and released in November), so it's possible that if the analyst's prediction is true, we might have a reveal in March, and a release in December.

Beyond that, another interesting thing to note is that Nintendo of Europe sent out surveys asking people which games they would be most interested in buying in the next 12 months, and Pokémon RPG on the Switch was one of the options.

I'd say, there definitely are many hints that seem to be hinting a late 2018 release. However, I feel that if we don't get any news by March, then a 2018 release should be ruled out, and maybe we'd see gen VIII in early 2019. But whatever the case, I just don't see gen VIII releasing in late 2019. With the UB arc already starting in the anime, with both Necrozma forms revealed, the anime definitely can't last longer than Feb/March 2019 tops. Furthermore, they don't have any more gen VII Pokémon for a 2019 movie anyway, since Zeraora is the last gen VII Pokémon, and is most likely going to appear in M21.

Not necessarily because even if they finish off Alola they could still do a post-league arc to extend it, either way if they wind up deciding to release the gen 8 games in late 2019 then the anime in some form will last that long, also as for there not being an gen 7 Pokemon for the 2019 movie meaning that sun and moon has to end before that is not necessarily true may I remind you of the fact that the 13th Pokemon movie which was the last D&P movie didn't feature any gen 4 legendries or mythical Pokemon and instead just feature gen 2 legendries and a gen 2 mythical Pokemon alongside the gen 5 Pokemon, if they can do that with the last gen 4 movie then there is no reason why the couldn't do something similar with the last gen 7 movie and have a gen 8 Pokemon star alongside a previous gen Pokemon say maybe something like Mew or Celebi.

Also in order for it to come out in early 2019 that would mean the games would probably have to be announced by September of this year at the latest, otherwise if were in October and we still haven't heard anything then that would rule out a early 2019 release and would mean that the gen 8 games wouldn't come out until late 2019. The fact of the matter is no matter how you look at it the Sun and Moon anime can last for however long they need it to, if they need it to last until November or December of this year it will, if they need it to last until a early 2019 release of the gen 8 games then it will, if they need it to last until the gen 8 games come out in late 2019 then it will.

They had no problem drawing out the advance generation anime, Diamond and Pearl anime, and the Best Wishes anime when they needed more time to work on the next gen games, there is no reason why they wouldn't do the same with the Sun and Moon anime, if they wind up needing time for the games to come out for a late 2019 release then they will find some way to make the Sun and Moon anime last that long.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here the anime doesn't decide when the games come out, it's the other way around it's the games that decide how long the anime last. For instance you could have said a similar thing about Best Wishes given how fast it got through the whole badge quest and through the league and yet despite the league ending on January 10, 2013 in Japan that didn't translate to the X&Y games coming out in early 2013, no what wound up happening was the Best Wishes anime continued and gave us the N arc and Decolora Islands arcs to tide us over until the X&Y games were ready to come out in October. So if the gen 8 games need the Sun and Moon anime to last until late 2019 then it will.

The Sun and Moon anime is going to last however long the gen 8 games need it to last.

Last edited:

DanielS

No it doesn't because at the end of ultra sun and moon in the RR episode they were making a broadcast about ultra wormholes or ultra space don't really remember but I'm pretty sure in-game ultra beasts are no longer a lore

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Honestly we could probably rule out Gen VIII in 2018 if Zeraora isn't officially revealed within the next month or so.

There is no way in hell GF would announce Gen VIII before officially revealing Zeraora. That would be a horrible marketing move and kill any hype for Zeraora. Therefore, if Gen VIII really is set to be revealed in March and released in December, Zeraora would have to be officially revealed within the next month or so.

If it's not, that would only delay a Gen VIII announcement and make it less and less likely that Gen VIII is coming at the end of the year.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No it doesn't, you may want it to be released at the end of this arc and go back to Ultra Space, but there is no reason why it has to go back to Ultra Space, especially since it's already being treated differently then the other Ultra Beast, and I can tell you right now that if Poipole becomes a official member of Ash's Alolan Team then that kills any chance of it being released and returning to Ultra Space at the end of this arc, because there would be no reason to have Poipole become an official member of Ash's team if it wasn't going to stick around for the remainder of the series.

And given that we just came from an Arc with Nebby being an unofficial member of Ash's team and given the amount of merchandise for Poipole including the one that shows it on the same dice as Ash's other Pokemon it's not that hard to see that it's probably more likely that Poipole is going to be an official member of Ash's team.

Not necessarily because even if they finish off Alola they could still do a post-league arc to extend it, either way if they wind up deciding to release the gen 8 games in late 2019 then the anime in some form will last that long, also as for there not being an gen 7 Pokemon for the 2019 movie meaning that sun and moon has to end before that is not necessarily true may I remind you of the fact that the 13th Pokemon movie which was the last D&P movie didn't feature any gen 4 legendries or mythical Pokemon and instead just feature gen 2 legendries and a gen 2 mythical Pokemon alongside the gen 5 Pokemon, if they can do that with the last gen 4 movie then there is no reason why the couldn't do something similar with the last gen 7 movie and have a gen 8 Pokemon star alongside a previous gen Pokemon say maybe something like Mew or Celebi.

Also in order for it to come out in early 2019 that would mean the games would probably have to be announced by September of this year at the latest, otherwise if were in October and we still haven't heard anything then that would rule out a early 2019 release and would mean that the gen 8 games wouldn't come out until late 2019. The fact of the matter is no matter how you look at it the Sun and Moon anime can last for however long they need it to, if they need it to last until November or December of this year it will, if they need it to last until a early 2019 release of the gen 8 games then it will, if they need it to last until the gen 8 games come out in late 2019 then it will.

They had no problem drawing out the advance generation anime, Diamond and Pearl anime, and the Best Wishes anime when they needed more time to work on the next gen games, there is no reason why they wouldn't do the same with the Sun and Moon anime, if they wind up needing time for the games to come out for a late 2019 release then they will find some way to make the Sun and Moon anime last that long.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here the anime doesn't decide when the games come out, it's the other way around it's the games that decide how long the anime last. For instance you could have said a similar thing about Best Wishes given how fast it got through the whole badge quest and through the league and yet despite the league ending on January 10, 2013 in Japan that didn't translate to the X&Y games coming out in early 2013, no what wound up happening was the Best Wishes anime continued and gave us the N arc and Decolora Islands arcs to tide us over until the X&Y games were ready to come out in October. So if the gen 8 games need the Sun and Moon anime to last until late 2019 then it will.

The Sun and Moon anime is going to last however long the gen 8 games need it to last.

Are you forgetting that Gamefreak itself has mentioned Gen 8 coming out in 2018 as a possibility? Yeah, considering that statement and the way the anime is being paced at the moment, it definitely can't be ruled out by any means.

And using this arguement that the anime doesn't decide when the games will come out doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Because Gamefreak(or rather people who are maker of the games) itself already have an estimate of when the next Gen will come out, so the pacing of the anime is also done on that estimate(because the anime writers definitely have an idea of when the next Gen game will come out). So the pacing of the anime definitely gives us an idea about when the next games could possibly come out, and considering the pacing of the SM anime so far, it's very much possible that the Gen 8 games might come out in late 2018 or early 2019.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Are you forgetting that Gamefreak itself has mentioned Gen 8 coming out in 2018 as a possibility? Yeah, considering that statement and the way the anime is being paced at the moment, it definitely can't be ruled out by any means.

And using this arguement that the anime doesn't decide when the games will come out doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Because Gamefreak(or rather people who are maker of the games) itself already have an estimate of when the next Gen will come out, so the pacing of the anime is also done on that estimate(because the anime writers definitely have an idea of when the next Gen game will come out). So the pacing of the anime definitely gives us an idea about when the next games could possibly come out, and considering the pacing of the SM anime so far, it's very much possible that the Gen 8 games might come out in late 2018 or early 2019.

You seem to have just skimmed through my post instead of reading it, considering I never stated that it wasn't possible that the games could come out in late 2018 or early 2019, what I was saying is that also possible that it could come out in late 2019, also yes the anime doesn't decide when the games will come out, because if they did then by that logic X&Y should have come out in early 2013 given how fast the pacing was in Best Wishes. Pokemon is still vulnerable to delays, for instance even if they told the anime that hey the games are coming out this year that doesn't mean that they couldn't suddenly run into problems that could force them to push back the release date of the game meaning the anime would then have to extend it's self to cover the time.

Also the problem with using the pacing of the anime as evidence for when the games come out is the fact that if you look at previous series before sun and moon some if not all of them had varying pacings for instance take Diamond and Pearl for instance we had a sudden 52 episode gap between Ash getting his 7th and 8th gym badges even though the other gym badges didn't have that large of a gap between them. Plus in X&Y it was pretty clear that they weren't told at the start of X&Y that Sun and Moon were going to be coming out in 2016 if anything and anything they seemed to be under the impression that they were going to have 4 years for the anime instead of 3 and then if I recall in interview they even said that they had to cut something when they found out that Sun and Moon were going to come out in 2016.

Even if the pacing of Sun and Moon seems fast right now it can't really be used to say definitely how long until the games come out, because for all we know the pacing could just suddenly slow down. Also if the anime pacing was such a good way of determining when the next gen would come out then by that logic then X&Y would have come out in early 2013 considering that the Best Wishes anime finished the league in January of 2013 and yet the games still came out in late 2013 instead.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly we could probably rule out Gen VIII in 2018 if Zeraora isn't officially revealed within the next month or so.

There is no way in hell GF would announce Gen VIII before officially revealing Zeraora. That would be a horrible marketing move and kill any hype for Zeraora. Therefore, if Gen VIII really is set to be revealed in March and released in December, Zeraora would have to be officially revealed within the next month or so.

If it's not, that would only delay a Gen VIII announcement and make it less and less likely that Gen VIII is coming at the end of the year.

Agreed, same as with the one who argued that no information in March means a 2019 release for PkmnSwitch.

Also, I still can't believe that Zeraora isn't a typo.. Zoroark makes sense in my mind, but the "aora"-part in Zeraora just makes it utterly hard to pronounce correctly when the voice in my head just seems to go with "Zeroara"..

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

There was still another month(Meloetta) and they were in the middle of Genesect's when Sun/Moon came out. Nothing new there.
We even have Nanu, Acerola, and Necrozma on the new poster. It's obviously being rushed, and any potential Poni arc won't be too long as they basically just have trial stuff to handle there now.

nickdt

That survey means absolutely nothing, since on that survey they have all the games that released in 2017, aside from Bayonetta 1,2,3 and Mario Tennis Aces, alongside Pokemon.

Mario Tennis Aces and Bayonetta 1 and 2 are confirmed to release in 2018, while Bayonetta 3 is rumoured (Just like Pokemon Switch). Bayonetta 1 and 2 where not on the Mini Direct, since they where confirmed for a release in 2018 back in 2017. Bayonetta 3 being rumoured, can mean it comes out in 2019 rather than 2018 (Same with Pokemon Switch).

Last edited:

MattySadler

I fully expect whichever Ultra Beasts that are caught to be released in the end.

SinnohEevee

There's a precedent for games getting delayed: Diamond and Pearl.
I guess GF is setting 2018 as a target date but aren't quite sure if it will be done by then.
It seems the anime is working under the assumption that Gen VIII will come in 2018, and if it doesn't, well, there's fillers.

About Poipole, it depends on whether the writers feel Oak's lab is a good place for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.