• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
This has a 0.00001% chance of happening but I'd like to see Ash actually getting an Eevee later in this series, which he would take to the next region a la Aipom where it would evolve in to gen 8's Eeveelution

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Assuming no anti final evolution themes in tomorrow's episode, that poll convinces me that Torracat will become Incineroar since it's apparently the second most popular fully evolved starter. Primarina is hard to say. I say it'll be like Blaziken and be a Brionne for ages and then maybe Primarina right before the end of the generation.
Or it'll be like Chimchar, and the Brionne stage will be brief.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I don't know if that cover means anything either. If it does, maybe that Popplio is evolving before Rowlet hence Primarina being there and Dartrix over Decidueye. But that's it. Wishiwashi, Crabrawler, and Pyukumuku being there are also a bit random.

I would like to bring up the poll Akkipeddi mentioned. While I can't bring up the link right now because lol Twitter app, Primarina was voted the third most popular Alola mon and the most popular fully evolved starter overall. That could be another indication we'll be seeing it on the main cast as if it doesn't, it would be only the third time in the history of the anime that the most popular starter of a generation doesn't end up on the main cast, and the other two occassions involved Ash's team being overshadowed by his older Pokemon and Ash having a massive rotation. Granted, this would be the only time it's not owned by Ash, so nothing is guaranteed. Should also mention though that Lana ranked very high in a poll ranking the SM characters however.

Where is the poll, kindly show me. Anyways as for the cover it looked 3-4 months old though besides there should be poipole, silvally in there since they are going to be important in the near future.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/966379228177481728

Here's a link to the tweet showing the full poll results, both characters and Pokemon.

Of particular note are how high both Lana and Primarina are in their respective polls and the fact that both Primarina and Incineroar are on the Pokemon list while Decidueye is absent, while Rowlet was voted the most popular Alolan Pokemon. Also the fact that Brionne is apparently the most popular mid-stage starter, while Torracat is absent.

That... makes it look extremely likely that Rowlet is indeed going to remain unevolved and that someone else is going to show off its evolutions and Decidueye's Z-Move. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

ShadowForce720

Here's a link to the tweet showing the full poll results, both characters and Pokemon.

Of particular note are how high both Lana and Primarina are in their respective polls and the fact that both Primarina and Incineroar are on the Pokemon list while Decidueye is absent, while Rowlet was voted the most popular Alolan Pokemon. Also the fact that Brionne is apparently the most popular mid-stage starter, while Torracat is absent.

That... makes it look extremely likely that Rowlet is indeed going to remain unevolved and that someone else is going to show off its evolutions and Decidueye's Z-Move. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

I don't think Ash's Rowlet evolving should be ruled out just yet after all didn't we have a case back in Sinnoh where Empoleon was the most popular to final stage evolution while Torterra was the least popular and yet Ash' Chimchar and Turtwig still fully evolved it was Dawn's Piplup that stayed unevolved. Sure popularity can help, but it's not the only deciding factor when it comes to deciding if a pokemon would evolve or not. Not to forget to mention the fact that Fennekin was more popular then Braixen and yet that didn't stop Serena's Fennekin from evolving and same with Goomy being more popular then Sliggoo and Goodra.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't think Ash's Rowlet evolving should be ruled out just yet after all didn't we have a case back in Sinnoh where Empoleon was the most popular to final stage evolution while Torterra was the least popular and yet Ash' Chimchar and Turtwig still fully evolved it was Dawn's Piplup that stayed unevolved.
Yeah, but I'm 99% sure Piplup was also the most popular of the base stage Sinnoh starters and even more popular than Empoleon so that may have been a factor.

I'm not saying Rowlet for sure isn't going to evolve, but honestly... if this poll means anything it is pretty damning evidence pointing to it staying as it is.

ShadowForce720

Yeah, but I'm 99% sure Piplup was also the most popular of the base stage Sinnoh starters and even more popular than Empoleon so that may have been a factor.

I'm not saying Rowlet for sure isn't going to evolve, but honestly... if this poll means anything it is pretty damning evidence pointing to it staying as it is.

Yeah but according to pokemon elections poll when it came to the pokemon on the main cast both Fennekin(which was the most popular out of the Kalos Starters) and Goomy were more popular then there evolutions yet that didn't prevent them from evolving. So I don't think that poll is as damning evidence as your trying to suggest or imply here. Not to also forget to mention the fact that by the same poll your using about Rowlet here it also shows that Litten is more popular then both Torracat and Incineroar and as we know that's not preventing Litten from evolving into Torracat, and I'm pretty sure if it hadn't been for the fact that this it was confirmed by a poster that Litten would be evolving into Torracat and then some people saw this poll they would saying that it's pretty damning evidence pointing to Litten staying as it is, and yet as we know because of Litten evolving into Torracat being confirmed that Litten being more popular then it's evolutions is not stopping it from evolving.

So while the polling might suggest that Rowlet is going to stay a Rowlet I don't think it's nearly as damning evidence as your trying to suggest or imply here since according to the polling Litten should be in a similar boat to Rowlet when it comes to evolving.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Just because Rowlet is the most popular Gen VII Pokémon doesn't necessarily mean Ash's Rowlet won't eventually evolve—even if it takes a long time to do so. Litten is more popular than both Torracat (which didn't even make the list) and Incineroar, and we know that's not stopping Ash's Litten from evolving. Primarina is third on that list, but I wouldn't consider that a guarantee that Lana's Popplio will fully evolve (as much as I would love it to).

IMHO, the writers have more to consider than just a Pokémon's popularity. For instance, what about the signature Z-Moves? The starters are pretty much some of the faces of the generation, and it would (probably) be poor marketing not to show off their Z-Moves as often as possible; and what better way to do that than to have all the starters' final evolutions on the main cast?

I'm sure the writers take popularity into account—after all, the anime's main purpose is to advertise the games, and showcasing the most popular Pokémon of a generation is part of that—but I don't think popularity is the determining factor in whether or not certain Pokémon evolve.

ShadowForce720

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Just because Rowlet is the most popular Gen VII Pokémon doesn't necessarily mean Ash's Rowlet won't eventually evolve—even if it takes a long time to do so. Litten is more popular than both Torracat (which didn't even make the list) and Incineroar, and we know that's not stopping Ash's Litten from evolving. Primarina is third on that list, but I wouldn't consider that a guarantee that Lana's Popplio will fully evolve (as much as I would love it to).

IMHO, the writers have more to consider than just a Pokémon's popularity. For instance, what about the signature Z-Moves? The starters are pretty much some of the faces of the generation, and it would (probably) be poor marketing not to show off their Z-Moves as often as possible; and what better way to do that than to have all the starters' final evolutions on the main cast?

I'm sure the writers take popularity into account—after all, the anime's main purpose is to advertise the games, and showcasing the most popular Pokémon of a generation is part of that—but I don't think popularity is the determining factor in whether or not certain Pokémon evolve.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this.

RashSkies

Yeah but according to pokemon elections poll when it came to the pokemon on the main cast both Fennekin(which was the most popular out of the Kalos Starters) and Goomy were more popular then there evolutions yet that didn't prevent them from evolving. So I don't think that poll is as damning evidence as your trying to suggest or imply here. Not to also forget to mention the fact that by the same poll your using about Rowlet here it also shows that Litten is more popular then both Torracat and Incineroar and as we know that's not preventing Litten from evolving into Torracat, and I'm pretty sure if it hadn't been for the fact that this it was confirmed by a poster that Litten would be evolving into Torracat and then some people saw this poll they would saying that it's pretty damning evidence pointing to Litten staying as it is, and yet as we know because of Litten evolving into Torracat being confirmed that Litten being more popular then it's evolutions is not stopping it from evolving.

Goomy and Fennekin weren't the most popular Pokémon of their generation, though. Greninja was, which is why Ash got Greninja. Evolving Rowlet would be the same as not letting Froakie or Frogadier evolve.
Also, Litten and Incineroar are pretty close in terms of popularity, so it makes the most sense to evolve Litten instead of Rowlet. Rowlet and Decidueye aren't nearly as close, at least according to this poll.

ShadowForce720

Goomy and Fennekin weren't the most popular Pokémon of their generation, though. Greninja was, which is why Ash got Greninja. Evolving Rowlet would be the same as not letting Froakie or Frogadier evolve.
Also, Litten and Incineroar are pretty close in terms of popularity, so it makes the most sense to evolve Litten instead of Rowlet. Rowlet and Decidueye aren't nearly as close, at least according to this poll.

That doesn't matter if they weren't Goomy and Fennekin weren't the most popular pokemon of their generation that doesn't change the fact that there were still more popular then there evolutions and if were going simply by popularity then that should have meant that Goomy and Fennekin didn't evolve. Also it doesn't matter that Incineroar is close to Litten in popularity because Litten is still more popular, you can't say that oh well in this case because of popularity it means that this pokemon will or won't evolve and then go and say that oh well it doesn't matter if Litten is more popular then Incineroar because there close in terms of popularity.

If popularity was truly the deciding factor in which pokemon does or doesn't evolve like your trying to say or imply then that means that Litten, Fennekin, and Goomy should have never evolved in the first place. Sure they make take popularity in to some consideration but it's pretty clear that there are other factors that determine if a pokemon will or will not evolve and those other factors can overrule popularity.

DanielS

So if they do evolve litten all the way into incineroar and rowlett does not go all the way would it be the first time the lesser popular pokemon is chosen over the more popular pokemon

Grey Wind

There's a difference between being a popular Pokemon and being the popular Pokemon, though. Not that I put tons of stock in these polls, but if Rowlet is coming on top that means it's popular as hell. That's not really comparable to Litten being #7 and Incineroar being a couple of spots behind it.

And I've said this before, but... what about the Z-moves? There's always a bunch of features and Pokemon that go unseen every generation. Yeah, they probably want to show them off, but I really doubt they're gonna go out of their way to (i.e. evolve all the starters). By the time any of the starters are in their final stage SM will be around two years old, and by then I doubt showing off a move will be all that important.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So if they do evolve litten all the way into incineroar and rowlett does not go all the way would it be the first time the lesser popular pokemon is chosen over the more popular pokemon

I'm not sure whether Mokuroh will evolve or not, but assuming that Satoshi might someday own Gaogaen, I wouldn't exactly see the need for him to own Junaiper for instance. One powerhouse Starter seems like enough in SM.

ShadowForce720

I'm not sure whether Mokuroh will evolve or not, but assuming that Satoshi might someday own Gaogaen, I wouldn't exactly see the need for him to own Junaiper for instance. One powerhouse Starter seems like enough in SM.

In Sinnoh Ash's Monferno evolving into an Infernape didn't prevent Grotle from evolving. There is no reason why Ash can't have multiple powerhouses just because Litten fully evolves into Incineroar does not mean that Rowlet won't fully evolve into a Decidueye, if Rowlet doesn't fully evolve it's for other reasons, however Litten fully evolving has no impact on whether or not Rowlet evolves, evolutions on the main cast don't work that way it isn't a case of where if "x" pokemon fully evolves then "x" pokemon is not allowed to fully evolve.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Pretty obvious from day 1....
Rowlet can still learn Ghost moves so there was never a desperate need for it to evolve. And he has that annoying 'gag' crap that has carried over from Piplup to Oshawott to Chespion and now Rowlet where it stopped being funny. Shame Ash is stuck with the one that won't ever evolve again... hope that doesn't happen next saga.

I mean Acerola could have a Decidueye since it's a Ghost, if they choose not to debut Hau. If Acerola sticks around, Decidueye would have a presence and they'd still have Rowlet.
Dartrix could always get tossed into one episode and abandoned like Quilladin And poor Bowser was, since it's so unpopular compared to the others. Otherwise I see Hau having it, unless again they don't debut him in which case I definitely see Acerola having Decidueye while Dartrix is a POTD.

ShadowForce720

Pretty obvious from day 1....
Rowlet can still learn Ghost moves so there was never a desperate need for it to evolve. And he has that annoying 'gag' crap that has carried over from Piplup to Oshawott to Chespion and now Rowlet where it stopped being funny. Shame Ash is stuck with the one that won't ever evolve again... hope that doesn't happen next saga.

I mean Acerola could have a Decidueye since it's a Ghost, if they choose not to debut Hau. If Acerola sticks around, Decidueye would have a presence and they'd still have Rowlet.
Dartrix could always get tossed into one episode and abandoned like Quilladin And poor Bowser was, since it's so unpopular compared to the others. Otherwise I see Hau having it, unless again they don't debut him in which case I definitely see Acerola having Decidueye while Dartrix is a POTD.

By that logic there is no desperate need for Litten to evolve either because it can learn Dark type moves. Just because Rowlet can learn Ghost type moves doesn't prevent it from evolving, also as for Acerola having a Decidueye right now there is no proof or anything that indicates that Acerola will have one, and before you try to make the argument that or well there is no proof that she won't have one, that logic could be applied to almost any character and pokemon for instance there is no proof that Gladion won't have an Incineroar, but then again there is not that much reason to think he will have one. Also not to forget to mention the fact that Kukui has a Incineroar.

I really don't think Ash's Rowlet evolving can really be ruled out yet, and nor do I think it should be just because Acerola might have one, or Hau a character that may never show up in the anime might not have one. Also just because Rowlet is more popular then Dartrix or Decidueye doesn't mean that it won't evolve because if popularity was the sole deciding factor on whether or not a pokemon would evolve or not then Fennekin and Goomy and Litten should never have evolved in the first place.

Also Rowlet isn't being shoved down our throats or doing that many gags like you would have people believe in fact most of the things that people are calling gags for Rowlet are something that other Rowlets and other pokemon do.

Status
Not open for further replies.