• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

There's gonna be a league. Kukui mentioned it several times.
When? I only remember the one, and even then it was nothing more than a mention.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When? I only remember the one, and even then it was nothing more than a mention.
A league was mentioned in 2 more episodes. The league was mentioned in one of the Ilima episodes and an episode that I can't remember.

DatsRight

Part of me wonders if half the cast are being kept purposely weak at this point so they can showcase the villains as a bigger threat. Let's face it, no matter how strong TRio, Guzma, Plumera and such become, they'll struggle to look like a challenge against SIX fully fledged teams. Sparing their development for after the main villains get proper showcased however would make it easier for them to get overwhelmed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Part of me wonders if half the cast are being kept purposely weak at this point so they can showcase the villains as a bigger threat. Let's face it, no matter how strong TRio, Guzma, Plumera and such become, they'll struggle to look like a challenge against SIX fully fledged teams. Sparing their development for after the main villains get proper showcased however would make it easier for them to get overwhelmed.
That doesn't make any sense.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
A league was mentioned in 2 more episodes. The league was mentioned in one of the Ilima episodes and an episode that I can't remember.
IIRC, Kukui expressed his interest in creating an Alola League in the episode when the class visited Mount Hokulani. He mentioned it again in one of the Ilima episodes. Then, in SM74, Ash had a flashback to Kukui telling the class he was creating an Alola League. That's three mentions, the last of which was pretty much a confirmation.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
IIRC, Kukui expressed his interest in creating an Alola League in the episode when the class visited Mount Hokulani. He mentioned it again in one of the Ilima episodes. Then, in SM74, Ash had a flashback to Kukui telling the class he was creating an Alola League. That's three mentions, the last of which was pretty much a confirmation.
I agree. A league is pretty much confirmed to happen. And, with that, Ash will need a full team.

knightwolf09

That fact you can't seem to remember an episode doesn't help the case. But Iilima was talking about how he challenged a league in another region, that by no means implies that there'll be a league in Alola.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That fact you can't seem to remember an episode doesn't help the case. But Iilima was talking about how he challenged a league in another region, that by no means implies that there'll be a league in Alola.
No. That was Kukui asking Ilima if he wants to compete in the Alola league.

knightwolf09

I'm going to need to see that myself, cause I would've remembered such an important detail.

Edit: Ah okay I see it, but he still says he'll make it "Someday" like it's not even in the work yet. Implying it might not happen, only that he'll work on it.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

In the first Ula Ula arc episode Kukui told the entire class that he wants to establish a league in Alola, both Ash and Kiawe were very excited about that, so it's very clearly being set up as something real.
Yeah he says he wants to set one up but it looks like he hasn't started, and showed no signs of starting. For all we know, he won't start till Ash leaves. Heck Ash is practically almost done with his island challenge, what would even be the requirements to enter?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah he says he wants to set one up but it looks like he hasn't started, and showed no signs of starting. For all we know, he won't start till Ash leaves. Heck Ash is practically almost done with his island challenge, what would even be the requirements to enter?
Beat all 4 Grand Trials, I guess.

knightwolf09

Which none others have done so far, not even Gladion. And I don't want to see another "Alain rushes 8 gyms in one episode just to make it in the league" type of deal.

nickdt

You are forgetting the Kanto arc, which means its four times.

Rohanator

My personal theory for the Alola league is that it's basically a tournament held at the school that anyone can enter. Which means that if Ash won people would just scream "it doesn't count" lol, but whatever it could be fun.

SOME kind of league will definitely happen though, just going by basic story telling rules, there would be no point in setting it up if it was going to happen after Ash leaves.

DatsRight

Truthfully I'm actually really hoping they keep going with TR arcs now. Give them at least a couple more Pokemon or Z Moves to make them a bit of a progressive threat, perhaps as build up to whatever Giovanni has planned.

Hell Pikachu learned a new move, why not Meowth or Wobbuffet?

ShadowForce720

Truthfully I'm actually really hoping they keep going with TR arcs now. Give them at least a couple more Pokemon or Z Moves to make them a bit of a progressive threat, perhaps as build up to whatever Giovanni has planned.

Hell Pikachu learned a new move, why not Meowth or Wobbuffet?

Well between the two it would be more interesting for Meowth to learn a new moved since it's move pool is not only more diverse then Wobbuffet but it also has more moves that it can learn then Wobbuffet where as Wobbuffet's move pool breaks down like this:

Moves learned by level up(in the games):
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
Destiny Bond

Moves learned by TM(in the games):
Safeguard

pre-evolution moves(in the games):
Splash
Charm
Encore

So basically if Wobbuffet got a new move it would either be Safeguard, Destiny Bond, Charm, Splash, or Encore, and if it's not going to learn any moves that it can only learn as a Wynaut then that limits it down to it learning either Safeguard or Destiny Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.