• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think people realize the Eevee in Let's Go is incapable of evolving at all, it's a Yellow version homage after all. If Ash gets this Eevee, the only gimmick it is gonna have is that dumb ability to use Electric-type, Fire-type, and presumably, Water-type moves.

As of right now, yeah this is shaping up to be BW without the benefit of Ash having a bunch of underused Pokemon to negate the lack of multiple final evolution Pokemon. I've never seen a show so dedicated to nerfing its protagonist for the sake of merchandising. I do not under why evolving certain popular Pokemon suddenly means their entirely different beings, it is literally the same character grown up. And the sad part is the only reason something becomes popular is exposure.
Yeah. I don't think Ash is getting Eevee. It would just be uninteresting, especially when there are better Dragon/Fairy/Ground options for him to choose from.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm pretty sure the anime team is just gonna disregard it, but Hau actually never uses his Starter's Z-Crystal at any point in the game.

I mean he will probably get one at somepoint. Likely from his grandfather
The clearly not out of the question, but why does he not have it already. They could have still drawn him one and had his debut episode dedicated to him actually receiving it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I mean he will probably get one at somepoint. Likely from his grandfather

It is possible Z rings are done with and the rest of the time will be focused on LGPE or just anime only stuff. Not saying SUMO elements are gone for good but I would not be shocked at the same time.

dman_dustin

This forum is filled with lots of delusions lmfao. Remember when everyone kept saying that Poipole wasn’t going to get released? Ahhhh

No one thought that Poipole wasn't going to be released, maybe hoping it wasn't going to be released but no one said that it would definitely be oaked at the end of the generation. People did however think it was going to have an actual meaningful role on Ash's team, but it never did.

The issue is no one really thought the writers would insist on giving Ash yet another stupid pointless Pokemon, especially since Nebby was really temporary, and it makes it clear the anime writers have stopped caring about Ash's team. Especially with the stupid Hau having a Dartrix, just like they shoved Cameron with a Samurott.

In fact I warned people this was going to happen (in regards to Poipole), and people were like "You don't know that, you don't know that" yeah as if the writers would care enough about Ash's team to actually properly give him a potentially cool Pokemon until at the very least releasing it until the end of the series, no, the moment they shoved all those Poipole and that Neganadal in the preview, I knew it was over, because there was no reason for them to even exist, but of course they had to quickly shove a backstory for Poipole just to release it without purpose.

I don't know which executive producer/anime director/persons responsible decided to shove releases down our throats with Goodra, Greninja, and Poipole, but they need to find a new line of work. I don't like wasted space on Ash's team, though that more definitely fits Poipole more than Goodra or Greninja.

I don't get the point. I've completely given hope that Sun and Moon anime will ever give Ash a proper team, at best it's going to be Lycanroc, Incineroar and that's it. Rowlet's pretty much the permanent Poipole fixture, barely having a purpose outside of early episodes. I will never get why they insist on giving Pokemon to people, especially Ash, if they serve no purpose except for temporary plot devices. Poipole was barely a plot device, if even that, it served no purpose, it should've never been in the anime for as long as it was, and quite frankly I'm disgusted the anime creators thought it was okay to waste a perfectly good Pokemon on Ash just because.

I've given up. I'm not saying I'll stop watching though, but I've completely given up hope that Ash is going to even have a decent team. Especially with the whole probable replacement for Poipole.

And while I would ordinarily criticize people for thinking its temporary because then everyone of Ash's Pokemon would be temporary since its NOT that special to be a temporary Pokemon, sure why not, it's temporary as well. It'll be in for 10 episodes then Ash will give it to Ilmia, or some other garbage plot reasons.

Btw this whole "Dartrix is Ash's!!1!" fiasco reminds me of when all signs pointed to Shota having a Sceptile (and Mega Sceptile) instead of Ash bringing back his own to mega evolve yet the denial was as strong as this one.

While I have no doubt Dartrix is Hau, first of Sawyer wasn't even in the poster with Mega Sceptile, so it clearly was odd. Secondly while I do agree it should've made sense to be Sawyer's, the more important issue is that Ash didn't have his Sceptile and it seemed entirely unlikely, especially given the whole Ash-Greninja plotline.

However this is a little different with the whole Ash actually having a Rowlet, but we don't see any of Ash's other Pokemon (at least that would point to it being Ash's) so I doubt its a sign of it being Ash's Dartrix.

Then again if it was Ash's Dartrix, Hau would have no Pokemon at all. Unless Eevee is Hau's to rival Ash's Pikachu.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
*Yawn* OK, SM, you got my attention. I'm awake, I'm awake ~

I love this hairstyle they chose for this Eevee.

Makes it stand out from May and Serena's, which were just regular Eevee.

Zariful

It is possible Z rings are done with and the rest of the time will be focused on LGPE or just anime only stuff. Not saying SUMO elements are gone for good but I would not be shocked at the same time.
I don’t think that’s true. We still have one trial left. Now that I think about it, we never saw three certain ultra beasts. So it’s possible they may come back to this well at some point .

knightwolf09

Yeah. I don't think Ash is getting Eevee. It would just be uninteresting, especially when there are better Dragon/Fairy/Ground options for him to choose from.
Well the thing about the anime is they like giving Ash obscure pokemon people don't see coming. Ash getting a Fairy or Dragon is something too obvious.

knightwolf09

Sometimes the obvious picks are better. I would have Ash catch a Jangmo-o over an Eevee any day.
A lot of people would rather have Ash pick cool looking or powerful pokemon. But he just gets what he gets.

Haru-kaa

☆Kira☆Kira☆
Maybe you've already seen this, but looks like it could mean more Kanto-things (aka Misty and Brock) for the end of the year (December 2018). The twitter user, which is the original source, seems to think it's anime related because of the secret Eevee named "Eevee (anime ver.)". The title of the merch is only something like: "Bunch of populars Pokémon with who you can enjoy various ways of playing and decorating!".

It might be hinted we'll get a new Eevee with a LGPE form in the cast?!
Also maybe a Misty and Brock returns as well?!

So... I was right, it seems XD

IcySealeo

And Paul's disappeared after Ash got his. I doubt the same will happen with Hau.

Do you really think it "disappeared" becuase of that? Ash's Grotle evolve into Torterra nearly at the end of the saga. The only time Paul showed up after Ash's Torterra's evolution was at the league, in which he didn't use Torterra, but then again he didn't use other Pokemon from his original party (Weavile, Honchkrow), and didn't use Magmortar and Ursaring in his battle against Ash.

Red and Blue

Do you really think it "disappeared" becuase of that? Ash's Grotle evolve into Torterra nearly at the end of the saga. The only time Paul showed up after Ash's Torterra's evolution was at the league, in which he didn't use Torterra, but then again he didn't use other Pokemon from his original party (Weavile, Honchkrow), and didn't use Magmortar and Ursaring in his battle against Ash.

Yes. Notice how Paul also stopped using his Gliscor after Ash got his as well. Assuming Hau's Datrix evolves I doubt Rowlet is fully evolving.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
So, if Ash get a male eevee, who get the female? (heart tail)
I want new captures/evolutions for Lillie and Lana
And, Lillie's hand is on her hat, maybe for hide a z-ring?!
Team Rocket get the stufful :3

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don’t think that’s true. We still have one trial left. Now that I think about it, we never saw three certain ultra beasts. So it’s possible they may come back to this well at some point .

Meh I would not be shocked if the trial is skipped and Hapu appears as a rival or something. I mean I am not against her being a Kahuna though with that said in the games she isn't even a Kahuna till you meet her so it is possible only three Kahunas exist in the anime. Has Poni even been hinted at by anyone as Ash's next stop?
So, if Ash get a male eevee, who get the female? (heart tail)
I want new captures/evolutions for Lillie and Lana
And, Lillie's hand is on her hat, maybe for hide a z-ring?!
Team Rocket get the stufful :3

Isn't that just a normal pose for her?

ShadowForce720

So it looks like Team Rocket is getting a Stufful and it looks like Hau has a Dartrix and then we see an Eevee, now in regards to Eevee not belonging to Ash or that it's just going to be a temporary member, at this point that doesn't really make much sense as since Ash just released Poipole it means that he's down to 4 pokemon again and looking at past cases of when this has happened or something similar happens he tend to get a replacement pretty quickly, so in all likely hood despite how much some people maybe against the ideal I do think that Ash will get this Eevee.

Also as for the whole argument that this Eevee wouldn't be able to evolve since it's based on the starter Eevee from the games, I don't think that will really be the case in the anime since I mean if you look at it your starter Pikachu can't evolve in the game and is technically based off Ash's Pikachu, and yet it's made clear in the anime that it's not that Ash's Pikachu can't or is unable to evolve into a Raichu it's just a matter of Ash's Pikachu not wanting to evolve into a Raichu because it wants to prove that it can beat any pokemon without needing to evolve.

As for the whole Ash's Rowlet and Hau's Dartrix situation I will wait to see what happens, because while it's true that in some other series like BW where we had cases of like a rival having a Servine that evolved into Serperior and then Ash's Snivy didn't evolve at all however it's also true that in BW Bianca had a Pignite that evolved into Emboar and yet that didn't stop or prevent Ash's Tepig from evolving into a Pignight, and given how SM tends to be different compared to other series I wouldn't say that Hau having a Dartrix completely rules out Ash's Rowlet evolving.

Also interesting enough a lot of the main cast pokemon that we don't see on the poster are the ones that can still evolve like Ash's Rowlet, Ash's Torracat, James' Mareanie, and Sopholces's Charjabug, now there are two pokemon(three if you want to count Kiawe's ride Charizard) being Ash's Dusk Lycanroc and Kiawe's Alolan Marowak that can't evolve. Now the pokemon that don't appear on the poster obviously it doesn't confirm that just because they aren't on that they will evolve however that being said it also doesn't confirm that just because two pokemon that aren't on the poster can't evolve that it means that none of the pokemon will evolve.

Plus let's not forget that if Ash really does get Eevee that means he's going to have a pokemon in common with a rival in this case Ilima and both pokemon being active on the teams, although I do expect Ash's league battle against Ilima will probably be a 3vs3 and I wouldn't be that surprised if Ash just doesn't use his Eevee in that battle.

Yeah, but anyway hide her wrist where there might be a z-ring
And I really want her to get a z-ring :D

I do think at this point even if she doesn't have Z-ring on the poster, that's safe to say that Lillie is getting a Z-ring because of the fact that they specifically went out of their way to give Lillie an Icium-Z and then when she brought up the fact that she didn't have a Z-ring the others said that she could just get one later.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Also this might mean Ash is once again not getting a new type. Unless he catches the mystery Pokemon which happens to be either Ghost, Steel, Psychic, or Fairy

ShadowForce720

hmm wait second if Ash gets Eevee looking at his team hmm what the? wow if Ash actually gets Eevee and then he gets a Jangmo-o then that will mean that every one of his pokemon either has a signature Z-move or has the ability to evolve into a Pokemon that has a signature Z-move interesting. Also Eevee being a normal type means that it can use the Normalium-Z that Ash has.

Of course it's always possible that Ash doesn't get a Jangmo-o and he gets something else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.