• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Sometimes the obvious picks are better. I would have Ash catch a Jangmo-o over an Eevee any day.

I am with you on that but suppose if eevee gets a cool eevolution in next games, besides after all my predictions have gone wrong in this series i am going to keep my expectations to a very lowest of low about ash getting a jangmo-o.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't think people realize the Eevee in Let's Go is incapable of evolving at all, it's a Yellow version homage after all. If Ash gets this Eevee, the only gimmick it is gonna have is that dumb ability to use Electric-type, Fire-type, and presumably, Water-type moves.

That would be interesting because Eevee would be Ash's first Pokémon to use an Electric-type move that is not Pikachu himself.

ShadowForce720

This is another reason why I don't think that Ash is getting that Eevee.

That's not really an issue or thing that would prevent Ash from catching Eevee because let's face it that Electric move is not going to be the only move that Eevee knows or uses, if it even has it to begin with, plus it could it's Electric type move could be depicted different enough that it wouldn't be to close to Pikachu's Thunderbolt, either way it's not enough to really be much of a reason to prevent Ash from getting Eevee isn't an Electric type pokemon and it's not guaranteed that it would even have that move and even if it does it's not like Eevee can really replace Pikachu as Ash's main Electric type just because Eevee happens to have one Electric type move.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I love the new poster! Misty and Brock will return again and that makes me so hyped!!!!! I'm a die-hard OS series fan!!
I hope this time we will see Azurill having evolved and other Pokemon than the ones that appeared in SM42-43. And Hau is finally appearing with Dartrix. That may surely cross off the list Rowlet evolving not only cuz Hau ends up with a Decidueye, but also because Rowlet is nr.1 on the popularity poll. And that Eevee looks so cool. Althought it fits Ash, I really hope Lillie will be the one to catch it. (I hope Poipole returns)

On the first SM poster, Rockruff was showed near Kukui, and Popplio near Ash and both of them ended up captures for someone else.

Also, that Stufful joing TR will surely be interesting.

Red and Blue

I love the new poster! Misty and Brock will return again and that makes me so hyped!!!!! I'm a die-hard OS series fan!!
I hope this time we will see Azurill having evolved and other Pokemon than the ones that appeared in SM42-43. And Hau is finally appearing with Dartrix. That may surely cross off the list Rowlet evolving not only cuz Hau ends up with a Decidueye, but also because Rowlet is nr.1 on the popularity poll. And that Eevee looks so cool. Althought it fits Ash, I really hope Lillie will be the one to catch it. (I hope Poipole returns)

On the first SM poster, Rockruff was showed near Kukui, and Popplio near Ash and both of them ended up captures for someone else.

Actually I thought if Lillie was getting Eevee it would have the heart on its tail like in the games. The hairdo seems more of a fit for Ash.

ShadowForce720

Although while it's true that Popplio wasn't directly next to Lana it's also true that Popplio was at the very least on the same side of the poster as Lana, and when it comes to Rockruff it was right between Kukui and Ash it's positioning makes it look kind of like it's in the middle of jumping from Kukui to Ash. So if the Eevee belong to Lillie why isn't on the same side of the poster as her and I'm not talking about it having to be right next to her I'm talking about the fact that Eevee is on Ash's left instead of his right, wouldn't make a bit more sense that if Eevee was really going to Lillie then it would be position on the same side of the poster as her as it could have switch places with Rotom Dex on the poster.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Actually I thought if Lillie was getting Eevee it would have the heart on its tail like in the games. The hairdo seems more of a fit for Ash.
Same here. I thought she was going to get the heart-shaped one. But the Eevee in the poster fits Ash so much. I just want a capture for the girls.

Although while it's true that Popplio wasn't directly next to Lana it's also true that Popplio was at the very least on the same side of the poster as Lana, and when it comes to Rockruff it was right between Kukui and Ash it's positioning makes it look kind of like it's in the middle of jumping from Kukui to Ash. So if the Eevee belong to Lillie why isn't on the same side of the poster as her and I'm not talking about it having to be right next to her I'm talking about the fact that Eevee is on Ash's left instead of his right, wouldn't make a bit more sense that if Eevee was really going to Lillie then it would be position on the same side of the poster as her as it could have switch places with Rotom Dex on the poster.

I know that already and I agree. It's just a part of me that wants Lillie to capture it since the girls have not had a capture yet. Also, I think that if we would be judging the captures only by the poster before the episode where Ash catches Rockruff released, I think all of us would be sure that Kukui owned it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yep, I'm starting to think that the Eevee isn't Ash's, but Ilima's instead. Ilima might not be present in the poster, so what? Reminder that Sawyer's (Mega) Sceptile was present in the XY(Z) poster even though Sawyer wasn't present.

And everyone thought it was....Ash's Mega Sceptile!!!!!

ShadowForce720

Yep, I'm starting to think that the Eevee isn't Ash's, but Ilima's instead. Ilima might not be present in the poster, so what? Reminder that Sawyer's (Mega) Sceptile was present in the XY(Z) poster even though Sawyer wasn't present.

That's competently different because Mega Sceptile while in the center of the XY&Z poster stuck out in positioning and was more in the center back, however in this case this isn't Ilima's Eevee because for one Ilima's Eevee doesn't have that haircut and two judging from positioning of it this Eevee is going to be a part of the main cast and will be showing up a lot to where Illima's Eevee is not going to show up that often since Ilima doesn't show up that often.

Look it would be one thing if was just in the back ground of the poster then I would be able to see it belong to maybe Ilima, however the fact that it's front and center on the poster and is right next to Ash means that it's safe to say that this isn't Ilima's Eevee.

Leonhart

Imagineer
yab said:
I hope the Eevee evolves because it's hair style is awful, haha

Regardless of who ends up owning it, I think its distinct hairdo and the fact that Eievui's now a game mascot might imply that it won't evolve.

knightwolf09

Illima's Eevee looks nothing like that though. And Sceptile that time was in the background. This little guy's front and center like Poipole. Meaning it's probably part of Ash's crew

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Illima's Eevee looks nothing like that though. And Sceptile that time was in the background. This little guy's front and center like Poipole. Meaning it's probably part of Ash's crew
No. It's not. There is no guarantee that Ash is getting Eevee.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Imagine if this Eevee was just some wild Pokémon freeloading off the gang and it actually doesn't get caught. I think Lillie should get it, but it's probably going to Ash

ShadowForce720

No. It's not. There is no guarantee that Ash is getting Eevee.

At the same time there is not guarantee that it doesn't belong to Ash. Also he said that it would probably go to Ash which is not the same thing as saying it's guaranteed to go to Ash. When something guaranteed to happen it means that it will happen, and when some one says it probably will happen it means that it could happen but there is also a chance that it might not happen.

So would stop acting like the words guaranteed and probably are interchangeable as if they mean the same thing because in all reality they don't mean the same thing and they aren't interchangeable.

Regardless of who ends up owning it, I think its distinct hairdo and the fact that Eievui's now a game mascot might imply that it won't evolve.

While I could see this Eevee not evolve during SM however that being said if the Eevee does wind up going to Ash then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have Ash take it to the next region with him where it can evolve, and plus they just keep the haircut when it evolves.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Ash owning that Eevee makes sense...from the usual marketing ploy. He is from Kanto. He has a Pikachu. He could complete the set and become yet another walking marketing ploy owning both starters for Let's Go.
Especially since his team this region seems dedicated to marketable Pokemon. Two starters, a rare one of a kind Lycanroc, and formely a UB.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1040195222225924096

I hope Eevee isn't some recurring Pokemon and someone (maybe Ash) catches it. It would be weird for him to catch one now, but as long as he has another Pokemon. I hope it doesn't have the moves Eevee usually has in the anime. I especially don't want it to know Swift. I'm also thinking that the Eevee in the bit of merchandise labeled "anime version" being surrounded by Gyarados and Psyduck could be related to Misty. I hope she brings a full team of Pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That's competently different because Mega Sceptile while in the center of the XY&Z poster stuck out in positioning and was more in the center back
Still its placement in the poster was quite prominent though, which's my point actually.

however in this case this isn't Ilima's Eevee because for one Ilima's Eevee doesn't have that haircut
Ilima's a stylish dude. Who's to say that he didn't get his Eevee a new haircut? Quite possible.

and two judging from positioning of it this Eevee is going to be a part of the main cast and will be showing up a lot
Same could be said about Mega Sceptile in the XY&Z poster whose position was quite prominent.

to where Illima's Eevee is not going to show up that often since Ilima doesn't show up that often.
How do you know that Ilima won't show up frequently in the future? He could likely be one of Ash's rivals this saga, and thus could possibly show up more frequently in the future and could be one of Ash's major rivals in the Alola League.

Reminder that when the XY&Z poster came out, people said: 'Sawyer isn't even present in the poster', 'Sawyer is a novice who can barely battle, why should he get a Mega?', but.....oh well, things happened.

If you wanna take the bait go for it, but I'm not inclined to believe that it's indeed Ash's Eevee. ;)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Still its placement in the poster was quite prominent though, which's my point actually.

Ilima's a stylish dude. Who's to say that he didn't get his Eevee a new haircut? Quite possible.

same could be said about Mega Sceptile in the XY&Z poster whose position was quite prominent.

How do you know that Ilima won't show up frequently in the future? He could likely be one of Ash's rivals this saga, and thus could possibly show up more frequently in the future and could be one of Ash's major rivals in the Alola League.

Reminder that when the XY&Z poster came out, people said: 'Sawyer isn't even present in the poster', 'Sawyer is a novice who can barely battle, why should he get a Mega?', but.....oh well, things happened.

If you wanna take the bait go for it, but I'm not inclined to believe that it's indeed Ash's Eevee. ;)

Look even if this Eevee doesn't belong to Ash there is no way this Eevee belong to Ilima and when you compare this to the pokemon XY&Z poster at that point you comparing basically apples and oranges and saying there same thing when they clearly aren't, when you look at it on the XY&Z poster the Mega Sceptile wasn't front out and center it was in the background, where this Eevee is front out in center meaning it is going to be showing up a lot.

Given it's position either this Eevee belongs to Ash, or another main character, or it's a recurring pokemon but there is no way that this Eevee belongs to Ilima.

And again no, the same thing can not be said for Mega Sceptile because argue it the fact of the matter is Mega Sceptile was in the background more while this Eevee is front and center with Ash and no matter how you try to argue it they are not going to put Ilima's Eevee right in front of Ash, if the Eevee was Ilima's then it would be in the background of the poster instead of being up front and center and being directly next to Ash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.