• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I'm disappointed by the idea that Ash's Rowlet might not evolve, not even into Dartrix. While Decidueye is not my favorite fully evolved Alolan starter, I still think it's a cool Pokémon, and a part of me has been hoping (perhaps in vain) to see it on the main cast. Also, Rowlet deserves to evolve. It has a good enough track record to warrant an evolution. If Hau has a Dartrix and is a frequently recurring character, then that may decrease Rowlet's chances of evolving. :( I know it's not set in stone, but...

I know, right? I don't understand WHY the writers just won't let Ash have a Ghost-type. The opportunity is right there! And it's not like Decidueye's not marketable; it has a huge following.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but i've just been looking through plushies on Ebay and came across this one.

If it's genuine which i'm assuming it is, this could be the potential evolution of the Eevee we see in the poster.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pokemon-...883833?hash=item3d37d7a2b9:g:PkAAAOSwjqVZAdSH
That's definitely fake. There's no reason to showcase an Alola Vaporeon when the next main titles coming in the next 2 months is about an Eevee not evolving & having exclusive attributes to itself in an adventure in Kanto.

Zariful

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Holy crap is that legit. It's pink and blue and would fit with the rainbow pattern
Not too sure, like i said i found it while i was looking at plushies.

It's the only one that is what's referred to as an Alola form, so we'll have to wait and see if it turns out to be real.

I personally can see it happening, because every region Ash goes to he has at least a Grass, Fire and Water Pokemon and at the moment, Water is missing.

Unless he brings back one of his previous water Pokemon, Vaporeon would be a good fit and it would be a good reason to bring Misty since she's a Water expert.

Red and Blue

Yeah I didn't notice it was called Alolan Vaporeon. That was the first clue it was fake, lol

Ignition

It's the only one that is what's referred to as an Alola form, so we'll have to wait and see if it turns out to be real.

I personally can see it happening, because every region Ash goes to he has at least a Grass, Fire and Water Pokemon and at the moment, Water is missing.

Unless he brings back one of his previous water Pokemon, Vaporeon would be a good fit and it would be a good reason to bring Misty since she's a Water expert.
He didn't have a Grass type in Kalos

Sabre_King

But XY broke the water, grass and fire pattern as Ash had no grass pokemon while traveling through Kalos. There is the possibility he gets no water Pokémon this generation or could potentially bring an old one back to fill the role. Although seeing ash with a vaporeon would be cool but I guess we can wait an see.

ShadowForce720

It's not really wait and see kind of thing though, as first off it doesn't make any sense to introduce a new Alolan form in a region other then Alola and if they were to introduce a new regional variant in Kanto it would be a Kantonian form of a pokemon from another region other then Kanto, also if Vaporeon were to get a new regional form then Jolteon and Flareon would likely get one as well since they are considered a trio of sorts, and also a dead give away that this is fake is the fact that this supposed Alolan Vaporeon is a pure Water type and if you do simply research you will see that when it comes to Alolan Forms that they are never the exact same type as their Kantonian counterparts, what I mean by this is while it's true that some of them may keep part of their original typing it's also true that they either change their typing completely or add a additional type, so if we were to get an Alolan Vaporeon there is no way it would be a pure Water type since Kantonian Vaporeon is a pure Water type.

Also as for the whole thing that Ash always has to have a Grass, Fire, and Water type pokemon in every region he goes to, this has already been disproven by the fact that Ash didn't get a single Grass type pokemon in Kalos, so it's entirely possible that he could skip out on getting a Water type pokemon in this region. Is it possible that he could get a Water type pokemon this region? Yes, but it's not a guaranteed thing to happen and at this point it seems likely that he is probably not going to get a Water type this region.

Also thanks to the datamined from Pokemon Quest we know that the new pokemon is a actual new pokemon and not a regional variant or form of an existing pokemon because in Pokemon Quest there is a spot for a pokemon with 808 on the national dex with that being the last slot with a actual number meaning the new pokemon being introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee is going to be number 808 in the National Dex, meaning there is no way that it's going to be a new form or regional variant of Vaporeon.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
The main thing is that no-one knows what the new Pokemon will be and if it's even going to Ash.

When i found it, i thought i'd post it because if it turns out to be genuine it'll be a good plot twist, and if not it's not a big deal and not worth worrying about, because it's still a nice Plush.

More than likely we've already seen the new Pokemon somewhere and not realized, because it might have just been a shadow.

ShadowForce720

The main thing is that no-one knows what the new Pokemon will be and if it's even going to Ash.When i found it, i thought i'd post it because if it turns out to be genuine it'll be a good plot twist, and if not it's not a big deal and not worth worrying about, because it's still a nice Plush.More than likely we've already seen the new Pokemon somewhere and not realized, because it might have just been a shadow.

The fact that this new pokemon seems to be the only brand new pokemon being introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee and the fact that it wasn't in Pokemon Sun and Moon and/or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon means it's easier for them to hide it and make sure that little to no information about the pokemon gets out.

The reason why we would find out about previous new pokemon before they were revealed was do to multiple factors like people datamining the games or demo or even the fact that even without the datamined when you introduce a large amount of pokemon like at the start of a new generation it's hard to keep every single new pokemon hidden as no matter how much they try chances are at least a few will get leaked early.

However since this new pokemon is not in the previous games before the game it's being introduce in and combine with the fact that it seems like it's the only new pokemon being introduce outside of us getting something like new regional varients, forms ,or Mega Evolutions, it means that it's easier for them to keep most of the information about it hidden, which means that it's not a safe thing to assume that we've already seen it somehow as it's pretty likely that we probably have even seen any of it yet.

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies

It's not really wait and see kind of thing though, as first off it doesn't make any sense to introduce a new Alolan form in a region other then Alola and if they were to introduce a new regional variant in Kanto it would be a Kantonian form of a pokemon from another region other then Kanto, also if Vaporeon were to get a new regional form then Jolteon and Flareon would likely get one as well since they are considered a trio of sorts, and also a dead give away that this is fake is the fact that this supposed Alolan Vaporeon is a pure Water type and if you do simply research you will see that when it comes to Alolan Forms that they are never the exact same type as their Kantonian counterparts, what I mean by this is while it's true that some of them may keep part of their original typing it's also true that they either change their typing completely or add a additional type, so if we were to get an Alolan Vaporeon there is no way it would be a pure Water type since Kantonian Vaporeon is a pure Water type.

Also as for the whole thing that Ash always has to have a Grass, Fire, and Water type pokemon in every region he goes to, this has already been disproven by the fact that Ash didn't get a single Grass type pokemon in Kalos, so it's entirely possible that he could skip out on getting a Water type pokemon in this region. Is it possible that he could get a Water type pokemon this region? Yes, but it's not a guaranteed thing to happen and at this point it seems likely that he is probably not going to get a Water type this region.

Also thanks to the datamined from Pokemon Quest we know that the new pokemon is a actual new pokemon and not a regional variant or form of an existing pokemon because in Pokemon Quest there is a spot for a pokemon with 808 on the national dex with that being the last slot with a actual number meaning the new pokemon being introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee is going to be number 808 in the National Dex, meaning there is no way that it's going to be a new form or regional variant of Vaporeon.
Hey man, this is just a friendly tip; nobody using Happy Style can read your post if you use white text. The text is already white if you're using the default style so I don't know why you would do this. Also, periods are used to mark the end of sentences, not paragraphs.

ShadowForce720

Hey man, this is just a friendly tip; nobody using Happy Style can read your post if you use white text. The text is already white if you're using the default style so I don't know why you would do this. Also, periods are used to mark the end of sentences, not paragraphs.

There it should be fixed now.

Ignition

You know, thinking about it, the arguments of Hau's Dartrix being the reason why Rowlet won't evolve could apply to Masked Royale's Incineroar and Torracat.

Ash's Squirtle didn't evolve because of Gary's Blastoise

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
You know, thinking about it, the arguments of Hau's Dartrix being the reason why Rowlet won't evolve could apply to Masked Royale's Incineroar and Torracat.

Ash's Squirtle didn't evolve because of Gary's Blastoise

Yeah true, and that's why I also believe that Torracat won't evolve. Torracat just fits Ash better since it's sleeker and more agile. And besides, we've seen Incineroar and it's Z Move quite a few times as well, and I'm sure we'll continue to see more of it down the line.

Ignition

Yeah true, and that's why I also believe that Torracat won't evolve. Torracat just fits Ash better since it's sleeker and more agile. And besides, we've seen Incineroar and it's Z Move quite a few times as well, and I'm sure we'll continue to see more of it down the line.
If Ash really comes to the league with current team + Eevee with no reserves, I'd question how he'll make it past the preliminary rounds

ShadowForce720

If Ash really comes to the league with current team + Eevee with no reserves, I'd question how he'll make it past the preliminary rounds

Let's not count are chickens before they hatch or in this case let's not go writing off the Alolan team when they are still in a period of time where they can still receive changes and grow, for instance if Eevee does wind up being part of Ash's Alolan Team it will mean he will just need one more capture to have a team of six which he will most likely get, also I think it's important to point out that we don't even know if Kukui will be participating in the league himself so it's entirely possible that Kukui just watches the league and the whole Masked Royal story line that is going with Ash's Torracat winds up being wrapped up before the league with Ash's Torracat evolving into an Incineroar as well.

Right now nothing is really set in stone when it comes to Ash's team for the league other then Ash's Pikachu and Dusk Lycanroc will still be a Pikachu and Dusk Lycanroc, I mean yes people will try to say that oh but Hau has Dartrix and Kukui has Incineroar, so that means Ash's Rowlet and Torracat won't need to evolve, that's not a safe thing to say because it's unclear how things are going to turn out. We don't know if he will use reserves or not at the league. But is it likely that the possible Eevee is literally the only change that is going to happen to Ash's Alolan Team before the league? No, not really there still time left so there will likely be other team changes.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Torracat is still up for grabs as to whether it could evolve into Incineroar or not. However, I'm quite sure now that Rowlet won't be evolving. SM is a 3 year series, and we've hit 90 episodes without Rowlet evolving. Furthermore, why wait so long to debut Dartrix and Hau? If Ash's Rowlet was really going to evolve, it should've done so atleast 30 episodes ago. If we assume SM has around 45-50 episodes left, it's waaay to rushed to have Rowlet twice in these span of episodes.

Ignition

Let's not count are chickens before they hatch or in this case let's not go writing off the Alolan team when they are still in a period of time where they can still receive changes and grow, for instance if Eevee does wind up being part of Ash's Alolan Team it will mean he will just need one more capture to have a team of six which he will most likely get, also I think it's important to point out that we don't even know if Kukui will be participating in the league himself so it's entirely possible that Kukui just watches the league and the whole Masked Royal story line that is going with Ash's Torracat winds up being wrapped up before the league with Ash's Torracat evolving into an Incineroar as well.

Right now nothing is really set in stone when it comes to Ash's team for the league other then Ash's Pikachu and Dusk Lycanroc will still be a Pikachu and Dusk Lycanroc, I mean yes people will try to say that oh but Hau has Dartrix and Kukui has Incineroar, so that means Ash's Rowlet and Torracat won't need to evolve, that's not a safe thing to say because it's unclear how things are going to turn out. We don't know if he will use reserves or not at the league. But is it likely that the possible Eevee is literally the only change that is going to happen to Ash's Alolan Team before the league? No, not really there still time left so there will likely be other team changes.
It's a hypothetical scenario and a joke. I'm not denying his team won't develop

Status
Not open for further replies.