• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewearsus

Vulpix is never going to evolve. It's the main girls mascot pokemon like Piplup, Axew, etc. Lillie also won't be able to hold Vulpix in her arms if it becomes a huge Ninetails.

It's pretty obvious it's one of those small cute pokemon that won't evolve.
Why give her an Ice Stone tho?

bewearsus

The problem is these toys reflect stuff that will happen soon, like Hau's Datrix, the Stufful, etc. I can't see Lillie's Vulpix evolving anytime soon. As some sort of tail-end of the series thing, maybe, but now when we still have another year of SM left? That's why I don't think the toy is about Lillie's Vulpix.

Remember we had the Alolan Sandslash on the toys months ago, and it was just for a one-off episode. Remember how people used to speculate either Ash or Lillie would get an Alolan Sandslash because of the toys? lol
There’s A. Ninetails anime merch. We just posted one.

ShadowForce720

Same reason Ash had a Thunderstone.

That's not really comparable because of the fact that the whole Ash getting Thunderstone was back in the OS back when it was unceartain that pokemon was going to go past gen 1 and/or 2 meaning that back then it was possible that they were considering the possibility of evolving Ash's Pikachu into Raichu at some point since they didn't know at the time that pokemon would become such a big thing. Where as now they know pokemon is going to keep continuing not to mention that went out of their way to introduce a 2nd Ice Stone which they didn't have to do and on top of that unlike Pikachu who completely ruled out evolving, they played Lillie's Alolan Vulpix refusing to evolve off as more of a case of it just not being ready yet.

That's what I've been commenting on, I don't think it's Lillie's Vulpix.

The 2019 pokemon calendar also still shows Lillie with Vulpix, and while you can say it's done to avoid spoilers, I don't think this is something they would ignore.

Given how Sun and Moon treats spoilers, yes they that is something that they would possibly ignore to avoid spoilers, let's not forget the fact that back in X&Y the series where spoilers were more prevalent the 2015 calendar still showed Ash's Frogadier as a Froakie even though it was evolving into Frogadier in December of 2014. Not to forget to mention the fact that there was also a 2016 Calendar that showed Serena's Sylveon as an Eevee even though Eevee wound up evolving into Sylveon in January of 2016.

So trying to say that Alolan Vulpix being on the 2019 calendar somehow proves that Alolan Vulpix isn't going to evolve soon or this year or next year doesn't really work. Like it has already been point out the 2019 Calendar really doesn't mean anything as it's likely not going to show anything to avoid spoilers.

DatsRight

I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I just think it's highly unlikely for them to evolve Vulpix, the main girls cute marketing pokemon for the gen.

After Misty's Psyduck, Dawn's Piplup, Iris' Axew, Braixen staying in it's middle stage, we've just seen this happen so many times with past main girls and their "main marketable" pokemon. As I said before, the only reason May's Torchic evolved is because it was never marketed the same way as the others and the popularity of the Blaziken line assured it would evolve

Plus Torchic wasn't quite as personality based as the other examples, it didn't have loads of quirks and dynamics that had to be discarded for it to become Blaziken. You evolve Psyduck you lose it's trademark humour and character and it's dynamic with Misty.

Plus Piplup and Axew were on-foot Pokemon always animated with the main cast. The creative team specifically stated this was the reason they couldn't evolve Axew in the end. While SM does put more effort drawing loads of details and Pokemon appearing and interacting all at once, I suspect Ninetails would be one kinda complex to do, even compared to Turtonator and Lycanroc.

Not saying it will never happen, especially with that Ice Stone, but there's just as much against it. (I'm also kinda hoping it's not too late for Lillie to just get a Sandshrew to use it on).

ShadowForce720

Plus Torchic wasn't quite as personality based as the other examples, it didn't have loads of quirks and dynamics that had to be discarded for it to become Blaziken. You evolve Psyduck you lose it's trademark humour and character and it's dynamic with Misty.

Plus Piplup and Axew were on-foot Pokemon always animated with the main cast. The creative team specifically stated this was the reason they couldn't evolve Axew in the end. While SM does put more effort drawing loads of details and Pokemon appearing and interacting all at once, I suspect Ninetails would be one kinda complex to do, even compared to Turtonator and Lycanroc.

Not saying it will never happen, especially with that Ice Stone, but there's just as much against it. (I'm also kinda hoping it's not too late for Lillie to just get a Sandshrew to use it on).

I fail to see how Alolan Ninetales is to complex to do when it's just a bigger fox and if anything Mallow's Tsareena is a lot more complex in it's design then Alolan Ninetales so if they have no problem drawing Mallow's Tsareena as often as they do then I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to draw Alolan Ninetales when it's not as complex of a design as Tsareena.

Also as for the idea that Lillie would use the Ice Stone on a Alolan Sandshrew instead of Alolan Vulpix do to the simple fact that we've already seen a Alolan Sandshrew use the Ice Stone to evolve into Alolan Sandslash back when Lillie got her Icium-Z from it, there is literally no reason for that Alolan Sandshrew to have used the Ice Stone to evolve into a Alolan Sandslash if Lillie was just going to get a Alolan Sandshrew and use the Ice Stone to evolve it.

There really isn't that much against Lillie's Alolan Vulpixx evolving as is being suggested here, if anything whole it's like Axew, Piplup, and Psyduck comparison being pretty forced here. Those 3 pokemon each had quirks and where pretty much a lot more promoted then Lillie's Alolan Vulpix is as it really doesn't have a quirk to it heck the other 3 pokemon had more of a presence about them.

Where as really looking at it outside of episodes that focus on it Lillie's Alolan Vulpix doesn't really attract that much attention to it kind of just fading in the background and really only be more presence when the episode is focus on it or Lillie or when Lillie tries to battle. There has also been some foreshadowing that Lillie's Vulpix is going to likely evolve.

Henry's Journey

New Gen 7 merch featuring Pokemon of the main cast (some of which in their evolved forms) and from the new poster. Releases in November. I think this might spoil some evolutions.
https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1047780909116583938

Nice find! ok at least they're not going to abandon the UBs (?) hoping for Popplio, Charjabug to evolve soon, I see Vulpix pulling a Combusken and evolving very late in the saga.

I'm on team Eevee4Ash.

Red and Blue

The Stufful could be connected to TR's Bewear. Maybe even its child

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that the Brionne, Dartrix, Vikavolt, and Alolan Ninetales in the merch belong to rivals.

nickdt

Interesting note, none of Misty/Brock's pokemon are there on those toys. If they were sticking around you'd probably see them. I guess their cameo will be only 2 eps again.

Unless that Brionne is Misty's.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, Bounsweet is technically Mallow's "merch cute mon" and it evolved all the way. I think it is absolutely possible that Vulpix could evolve or at the very least, the Ice Stone and evolution will come up again in a future episode. Same with Popplio, since it's Lana's cute mon.

This whole merch mon thing is stupid to me tbh. Ninetails isn't exactly ugly I mean Alolan Ninetails is beautiful.

Red and Blue

I think that the Brionne, Dartrix, Vikavolt, and Alolan Ninetales in the merch belong to rivals.
Datrix maybe, but the other three Pokemon are evolved forms of ones belonging to the main cast. You don't find that odd?

RashSkies

Dartrix is probably Hau's and Ninetales might be Kukui's since he has one in the games, or it might be Snowy.
Brionne, Vikavolt (and Tsareena) most likely belong to the main cast.

ShadowForce720

Yes, but I highly doubt that they're evolving.

Actually there has been foreshadowing that Vulpix will evolve, same with Popplio, and there really isn't that much reason for Charjabug not to evolve, which brings in Dartrix which it would seem pretty weird just to have Hau's Dartrix be on here and then every other pokemon on here with the exception of Necrozma and Guzzlord belonging to the main cast which would mean that it would be more likely to be Ash's Dartrix on here.

Plus you can't use the argument that oh Brionne and Dartrix is are on here just because they are starters do to the fact that Torracat/Incineroar is absent. I'm sorry but it's a bit too much of a stretch to say that oh that Alolan Ninetales, Vikavolt, Dartrix, and Brionne all just happen to belong to rivals just because you don't think the respective pokemon will evolve.

Also I'm pretty sure that if this had came out earlier say like before episode 82 you would have said the exact same thing about Tsareena. The only reason your not saying it now is because Steenee has already evolved into a Tsareena.

Last edited:

bewearsus

Meh, Bounsweet is technically Mallow's "merch cute mon" and it evolved all the way. I think it is absolutely possible that Vulpix could evolve or at the very least, the Ice Stone and evolution will come up again in a future episode. Same with Popplio, since it's Lana's cute mon.

This whole merch mon thing is stupid to me tbh. Ninetails isn't exactly ugly I mean Alolan Ninetails is beautiful.
Exactly. And it’s not like they have to stop selling A. Vulpix merch just because they evolve her on the anime lol

RashSkies

By the way, can anyone confirm the new merch is a follow-up to this one? https://i.imgur.com/TWrzF2p.jpg
This would explain why Kiawe is the only companion whose Pokemon are missing in the new merch as Marowak was in the previous set. The two sets basically have every major character covered, assuming Lillie gets Ninetales.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Actually there has been foreshadowing that Vulpix will evolve, same with Popplio, and there really isn't that much reason for Charjabug not to evolve, which brings in Dartrix which it would seem pretty weird just to have Hau's Dartrix be on here and then every other pokemon on here with the exception of Necrozma and Guzzlord belonging to the main cast which would mean that it would be more likely to be Ash's Dartrix on here.

Plus you can't use the argument that oh Brionne and Dartrix is are on here just because they are starters do to the fact that Torracat/Incineroar is absent. I'm sorry but it's a bit too much of a stretch to say that oh that Alolan Ninetales, Vikavolt, Dartrix, and Brionne all just happen to belong to rivals just because you don't think the respective pokemon will evolve.

Also I'm pretty sure that if this had came out earlier say like before episode 82 you would have said the exact same thing about Tsareena. The only reason your not saying it now is because Steenee has already evolved into a Tsareena.
I was actually one of the people who thought Steenee was evolving.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
By the way, can anyone confirm the new merch is a follow-up to this one? https://i.imgur.com/TWrzF2p.jpg
This would explain why Kiawe is the only companion whose Pokemon are missing in the new merch as Marowak was in the previous set. The two sets basically have every major character covered, assuming Lillie gets Ninetales.
Isn't this merch from back in like March that made people speculate on Torracat and Snowshrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.