• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanibble

If Snowy evolves at all, it seems likely it'll be at the end of the series. Doesn't Lillie have ambitions of being a trainer? Snowy evolving could be a "trigger" of sorts that causes her to finally become a trainer and going on a journey of her own.

Plus, if it evolves at the end of the series, we don't have to worry about any "complex" animation from a Ninetails design.

But on that merch: the Dartrix is probably Hau's. As much as I would be okay with Rowlet evolving, I don't see a reason why that Dartrix would be Ash's, especially since he has Pikachu and Eevee (;P) merch already. Hau might end up playing a bigger role in this next season, too, so maybe it makes sense that one of his primary Pokemon is represented in this merch.

Zariful

I think a majority of those merch Pokemon are from the main cast. It’s unrealistic to say that all the evolved forms of cast Pokemon will coincidentally belong to rivals. Kukui having Ninetails I can get behind. Give Brionne to Lana, if she’s not gonna get another Pokemon. The rest of the main cast could use a boost. Though I would really like Ash’s Rowlet and Hau’s Dartrix to have a relationship. Give my bird pal some development. We’ll finally get the opening in like two days

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think that the Brionne, Dartrix, Vikavolt, and Alolan Ninetales in the merch belong to rivals.
... Don't you think if Ash conveniently had other rivals that had all these Pokemon, these "other rivals" would have been on that poster with Hau? Unless all but Brionne belong to Hau, that is highly unlikely.

RashSkies

Isn't this merch from back in like March that made people speculate on Torracat and Snowshrew?
Yeah. I brought it up because with the two sets combined you have at least one Pokemon for each companion, further increasing the chances that this set is meant to represent Pokemon of the main cast and not rivals.
The new set being called "the adventures of Mele Mele Island!" (according to Google translate) also seems a big giveaway that these are meant to be evolutions for the main cast, but I might be reading too much into this.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
... Don't you think if Ash conveniently had other rivals that had all these Pokemon, these "other rivals" would have been on that poster with Hau? Unless all but Brionne belong to Hau, that is highly unlikely.
They never have league-exclusive rivals in promotional art.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
Though I would really like Ash’s Rowlet and Hau’s Dartrix to have a relationship. Give my bird pal some development. We’ll finally get the opening in like two days

I don't know why but thought of a situation where hau datrix was the one that put rowlet egg with the pikipek family as a joke or out of jealousy

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well... technically every regional rival for Ash is League exclusive, since they don't show up afterwards anymore.
Um, what??? You can't just be serious here right now. How are rivals League exclusive when they have met and battled Ash multiple times before the League? So by your logic Paul was an League exclusive rival too since he didn't show up after the League?

Red and Blue

Looks like Sophocles might get Vikavolt in SM95. That episode deals with magnetism at Wela Volcano

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah. I brought it up because with the two sets combined you have at least one Pokemon for each companion, further increasing the chances that this set is meant to represent Pokemon of the main cast and not rivals.
The new set being called "the adventures of Mele Mele Island!" (according to Google translate) also seems a big giveaway that these are meant to be evolutions for the main cast, but I might be reading too much into this.
I think they're part of a series of merch

Leonhart

Imagineer
RashSkies said:
It shouldn't matter as long as it's an area with a magnetic field. Even SM and USUM aren't consistent about this.

I agree. The only thing which makes me doubt Denjimushi's evolution is how snubbed Maamane's been just in general, which makes me cynical about his team.

Evanibble

It needs a magnetic field in a very specific location.

In the games, yes. But the anime has proven time and time again that it just doesn't always care about what the games do. Goodra's evolution was one case in point, the rosters of the characters in the SM anime are another (does Lana have a Popplio in the games? Gladion doesn't have a Lycanroc or an Umbreon in the games?). Plenty of Pokemon that don't belong on Melemele Island show up anyways, because that's what the writers want to do. And in other series Pokemon show up in locations that they don't in the games, and gym leaders have Pokemon that they don't normally have in the games. You can't rule out this evolution based solely on how Charjabug evolves in the games.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It needs a magnetic field in a very specific location.

Honestly who cares, they dragged the evolution on long enough. It should have evolved during the Ula'Ula arc.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I doubt that. The episode does not take place at either Blush Mountain or Vast Poni Canyon.

Why are you so against literally any team changes happening for Ash and the gang lol??

Status
Not open for further replies.