• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
They never have league-exclusive rivals in promotional art.
And the League's not happening anytime soon. If Brionne, Vikavolt, and Alolan Ninetales weren't going to show up in the main cast anytime soon, we wouldn't be seeing merchandise for them in the first place.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And the League's not happening anytime soon. If Brionne, Vikavolt, and Alolan Ninetales weren't going to show up in the main cast anytime soon, we wouldn't be seeing merchandise for them in the first place.
They often have Pokemon appear in merch for no reason. Similar merch is why you guys suggested Alolan Sandshrew for Ash and look what happened.

ShadowForce720

They often have Pokemon appear in merch for no reason. Similar merch is why you guys suggested Alolan Sandshrew for Ash and look what happened.

Difference is these are the evolutions of pokemon that are actually currently on the main cast, so the idea that Dartrix, Vikavolt, Brionne, Alolan Nintales would all just happen to randomly show up in merchandise that is related to the main cast makes it unlikely that they are just appear for no reason.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Difference is these are the evolutions of pokemon that are actually currently on the main cast, so the idea that Dartrix, Vikavolt, Brionne, Alolan Nintales would all just happen to randomly show up in merchandise that is related to the main cast makes it unlikely that they are just appear for no reason.
That or they're Pokemon for rivals.

ShadowForce720

That or they're Pokemon for rivals.

Not really, your really stretching things by just saying oh well rivals will just conveniently appear just to show those pokemon off especially when there are pokemon that are currently on the main cast that could evolve into those pokemon. Really the idea that were just going to get 3 brand new random rivals besides Hau is pretty unlikely.

Especially when you consider that there have been hints that foreshadow both Lillie's Alolan Vulpix and Lana's Popplio evolving, while there is no real reason why Sophocles's Charjabug couldn't evolve.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not really, your really stretching things by just saying oh well rivals will just conveniently appear just to show those pokemon off especially when there are pokemon that are currently on the main cast that could evolve into those pokemon. Really the idea that were just going to get 3 brand new random rivals besides Hau is pretty unlikely.
Not every Pokemon on the main cast is suitable to evolve. Charjabug is more useful to Soph how it is and A. Vulpix and Popplio are merch mons and will most likely remain unevolved.

ShadowForce720

Not every Pokemon on the main cast is suitable to evolve. Charjabug is more useful to Soph how it is and A. Vulpix and Popplio are merch mons and will most likely remain unevolved.

Considering that both A. Vulpix and Popplio have had some foreshadowing that they are going to evolve at some point it's not really that likely that they are going to stay unevolved, and Charjabug will still be useful to Sophocles even if it evolves into Vikavolt. There not really merch mons, and I seem to recall people saying the exact same thing about Mallow's Steenee, and yet look what happened.

ShadowForce720

Tell that to Iris's Axew.

That argument doesn't work when you consider the fact that Axew dream to evolve into Haxorus was only ever brought up in around episode 3-5 or in one of the early episodes of BW where things are more subject to change where there have been more then one hint that Popplio and Vulpix will evolve and the hints have shown up much later in the series where it would be unlikely for them to be put in if they meant nothing.

Basically if Popplio and Vulpix weren't going to evolve they wouldn't just randomly put hints in episodes as late as episodes 40, 80, 84, and 87 that hint that they are going to evolve.

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Besides all this stuff about vikavolt, I'm just left wondering if Ash will ever get a steelium z and whether or not sophocles will actually accomplish his goal of collecting data on every pokemon

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Besides all this stuff about vikavolt, I'm just left wondering if Ash will ever get a steelium z and whether or not sophocles will actually accomplish his goal of collecting data on every pokemon

No and no. The Sandshrew ship has long sailed, with all that March promotion for it turning to he completely false and useless. The foreshadowing that everyone talked about in SM025 was definitely for Solgaleo's Z Move, not for Ash getting a Steelium Z and a Sandshrew. As for Sophocles, he can say what he wants, but like everyone on this show, his 'goal' is only a statement and is not to be taken seriously.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Makes sense.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That argument doesn't work when you consider the fact that Axew dream to evolve into Haxorus was only ever brought up in around episode 3-5 or in one of the early episodes of BW where things are more subject to change where there have been more then one hint that Popplio and Vulpix will evolve and the hints have shown up much later in the series where it would be unlikely for them to be put in if they meant nothing.

Basically if Popplio and Vulpix weren't going to evolve they wouldn't just randomly put hints in episodes as late as episodes 40, 80, 84, and 87 that hint that they are going to evolve.
Popplio and Vulpix are still merch mons, which means that they have to stay unevolved to sell merchandise.

RashSkies

Popplio and Vulpix are still merch mons, which means that they have to stay unevolved to sell merchandise.
I can see Primarina being more marketable than Popplio considering its popularity among girls, who are more likely to buy merch. Even GameStop in the west sold Primarina plushies at a higher price compared to the other starters because of Primarina's popularity in the US Pokémon Center. Still, I'm not seeing Popplio evolving twice this late into the series.

Anyway, here's the rest of the 2019 calendar. Good artworks, but nothing too interesting in terms of spoilers and speculation.
https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1048549031016685569
https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1048549305215119367

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I believe Dephender mentioned the calendars go out of their way to not spoil team changes, so the contents of the calendar are largely irrelevant anyway.

ShadowForce720

no, no matter how you try to argue they are not merch mons, and if they really had no intention of evolving them then they would have put hints in so late in the series hint at them evolving. Plus some people made the exact same argument about Steenee and yet that didn't prevent Steenee from evolving.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
no, no matter how you try to argue they are not merch mons, and if they really had no intention of evolving them then they would have put hints in so late in the series hint at them evolving. Plus some people made the exact same argument about Steenee and yet that didn't prevent Steenee from evolving.

And no matter how much you argue, there's no way Popplio is going to evolve twice in a span of 50 episodes (and that's being generous with the number of episodes left, could actually even be lower), especially when Ash himself has two slots open, and needs to catch two more Pokémon and develop them as well. I could see Brionne, but I really can't see them giving Primarina to Lana now, since it just feels really late to do so.

ShadowForce720

And no matter how much you argue, there's no way Popplio is going to evolve twice in a span of 50 episodes (and that's being generous with the number of episodes left, could actually even be lower), especially when Ash himself has two slots open, and needs to catch two more Pokémon and develop them as well. I could see Brionne, but I really can't see them giving Primarina to Lana now, since it just feels really late to do so.

Wow you didn't really read my post did you, okay where on earth I did say in my post that Popplio was fully evolving? the answer I didn't you just assumed that just becasue I was talking about Popplio evolving that it must some how mean I'm talking about it fully evolving when that wasn't the case. If you actually read it instead skimming through and just assuming things you would know that I didn't say it was going to fully evolve in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.