• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
On a different note, do we think Lana will evolve Eevee eventually into Vaporeon?

I'd think a good chance since she's the water type trainer. Maybe not till closer to the end of S/M though since Eevee might show off at least Bouncy Bubble.

I still don't see Kommo-o at this point for Ash, Maybe Hakamo-o at most. Not really any Alola pokemon left for him.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Still dislike the fatalist attitude of this thread, though. So much doom and gloom.

I don't blame anyone for thinking this way, here we are with one grand trial left to go, and Ash is nowhere close to having a full team, while the writers could have him catch two pokemon, they would be bad rush jobs on par with how Goodra was because they still need to focus on the others he has as well.

One (and poipole coming back since it did bond with Ash and is already developed in some aspects) is acceptable because yes Ash has had late captures before (provided they were before his seventh or eighth badges) so they could fit into the team, but two random pokemon at this point would be bad writing waiting to happen, no matter the justification.

However if he clears Hapu before catching something else, then even one would be stretching it.

I'd love to see him get Kommo-o, but either he catches a evolved one, or he leaves it unevolved. Or he fast tracks it's evos. Either way it be somewhat annoying and dull.

Given Ash's track record with dragon pokemon (like the aformentiond Goodra) i'm starting to not want that option, and really don't want a rush evo job either since Goodra payed a price for that.

04n70n10

Writer: Oh NO! Director!!!
Director: What...?
Writer: The Alola League Arc!!!!
Director: .....?
Writer: Ash only has 4 pokémon!!!
Director: .....?
Writer: What we have to do when Ash will have a full 6v6 battle in the league?
Director: Oh! well, in that case we can use the reserves...

Writer: ...
Director: ...

Writer: Ahahahha ahahah!!! (laughts)
Director: Ahaha ahahaaha Ahaha!!! (laughs)

Writer: Yes yes, I know, the alolan league is, ehm, "special", so only 3v3 battles!
Director: Afterall people don't like a full 6v6 battle, and for the old pokémon... these so called "reserves"... who cares?
Writer: Or, if we are creative and unpredictable... what do you think if... Ash will lose the preliminaries this time?!
Director: Another good idea! People will love it for sure!
Writer: That guy with Zeraora?
Director: I'm scared, you really read my mind!

Writer: Ahahahha Ahaha ahahah!!! (laughts)
Director: Uahaha Ahaha ahah Ahaha Ahaha!!! (laughs)

Last edited:

knightwolf09

I'm just gonna guess Ash is no longer catching any pokemon for his team, and the Alola League will just be 3 on 3 team battles. That way Ash still qualifies.

ShadowForce720

Ash's time to catch eevee has passed 20 years ago, his best time to catch it was in johto to evolve it into an espeon but they wasted it so i doubt he is ever catching it again. Lucario and eevee are just not for him.

No it has, as long as they keep introduce new evolutions for Eevee for it to evolve into there is always going to be a chance for Ash to catch an Eevee. Sure it would have been nice if Ash got the Eevee in Johto and evolve it into an Espeon, but does that mean that because Ash didn't get an Eevee back then that it somehow means he will never get one? no, because Eevee keeps getting new evolutions meaning there will always be a chance that Ash will eventually get an Eevee, and it is pretty ridiculous to basically say that just because Ash didn't get it when you personally wanted him to that it somehow means that Ash will never get an Eevee.

It's like how just because he didn't get an Aipom, or a Gligar in Johto that didn't prevent him from catching them later on in different regions, and before you try to say that oh well Ash got them so that he could promote their gen 4 evolutions, well then they can do a similar thing with Eevee where Ash catches it in at future region to promote that regions new evolution for Eevee.

Now on a separate note do I think that because Ash didn't get the Eevee and it went to Lana instead that it somehow means Ash isn't getting any more captures this region? No, there is still time left for him to get another capture and who knows maybe they really do plan on having Poipole return, as I do remember back in X&Y/XY&Z when we got close to the league and Ash only had 5 pokemon on his team and some people thought that it meant that Ash was going to fill the last spot with a reserve and yet instead they chose to bring Goodra back.

As much as people are trying to say that oh the last spots will go to reserves, I do think chances are that Ash is going to have a full team for his Alolan regional team and it's not going to be this case of where reserves rotate in and out of the spot.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I was just thinking, if the merchandise is actually true, it could be indicating some pretty rapid boosts for the classmates, such as Vikavolt for Sophocles, Brionne for Lana, and possibly Lillie getting Ninetales and mastering Subzero Slammer, all for the reason of possibly making them eligible for a potential league. I'm getting more and more convinced that this league is going to be more of a friendly style school tournament, and I won't be surprised to see 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2. Illima, Hau and Gladion competing wouldn't be that weird anyway since they are well known to Kukui and I'm sure he'd invite them anyway. A potential Ash vs Gladion would likely be the main battle for this 'league', either a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 (depending if Noivern is actually Gladion's Pokémon). I seriously want to be wrong about my prediction cause I would hate such a scenario, but the way the series is going, it's only adding to my prediction instead of easing it.

knightwolf09

I was just thinking, if the merchandise is actually true, it could be indicating some pretty rapid boosts for the classmates, such as Vikavolt for Sophocles, Brionne for Lana, and possibly Lillie getting Ninetales and mastering Subzero Slammer, all for the reason of possibly making them eligible for a potential league. I'm getting more and more convinced that this league is going to be more of a friendly style school tournament, and I won't be surprised to see 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2. Illima, Hau and Gladion competing wouldn't be that weird anyway since they are well known to Kukui and I'm sure he'd invite them anyway. A potential Ash vs Gladion would likely be the main battle for this 'league', either a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 (depending if Noivern is actually Gladion's Pokémon). I seriously want to be wrong about my prediction cause I would hate such a scenario, but the way the series is going, it's only adding to my prediction instead of easing it.
Noivern might be Hau's. Considering he had one in Ultra

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Noivern might be Hau's. Considering he had one in Ultra

I'm referring to the Noivern that Gladion used in the Necrozma arc. I'm not sure if it's just a ride Pokémon that belongs to the AF, or whether it's Gladion's own Pokémon (unless I missed something and the anime actually confirmed it's status).

World Turtle

I think Ash could catch Wimpod or Dewpider while Misty (Ms. Loves Water Types, but afraid of Bug Types) is in Alola. That's be the perfect time if they're going to do it.

knightwolf09

I'm referring to the Noivern that Gladion used in the Necrozma arc. I'm not sure if it's just a ride Pokémon that belongs to the AF, or whether it's Gladion's own Pokémon (unless I missed something and the anime actually confirmed it's status).
In that case they never did confirm where they got the ride pokemon. I would guess they probably did come from AF

Red and Blue

Are they even going to give Lillie a second capture? There is Jigglypuff I suppose. Not expecting anything for Mallow.

DatsRight

On a different note, do we think Lana will evolve Eevee eventually into Vaporeon?

I could see it happening, but only after the Let's Go promotion dulls down, likely around the final points of the show to close its arc like May's Blaziken.

Are they even going to give Lillie a second capture? There is Jigglypuff I suppose. Not expecting anything for Mallow.

Yeah, Lana had odd semblances of looking like they were trying with her before Eevee (eg. having a small arc with the Z Ring even it didn't have much use after) but Mallow has nearly nothing. Even with Tsareena fully evolved, that involved no real development on Mallow's part, and with no dysfunctions that pretty much closes any chances of an arc for her.

Lillie may or may not get a new capture, I can kinda forgive that because she became a trainer very late in the games story anyway (or not at all in the vanilla S/M), but I sure hope she gets to do something in all the time left.

Snowy and Tsareena I admit could use a team mate. Like Popplio and Turtonator beforehand, they're a bit dull standalone. It feels like all the Pokemon that have key buddies they click more personality for them.

Last edited:

Kintaro

Banned
Lana has the water starter, the new Eevee, and in Japan is very popular. I have no idea why people are shocked she's getting focus. It seems to me Lillie's role more or less ended with the Aether conclusion, and aside from her Vulpix getting some focus, the shift is going to be toward Lana for the rest of the series.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
She has a Z-Crystal and Ice Stone, does she need anymore at this point?

I feel like the writers are being pretty balanced among the classmates.

Kaki - Garagara
Mao - Amakaji > Amamaiko > Amajo
Suiren - Z-Move - Nagisa
Lillie - Z-Move - Kyukon (?)
Mamane - Denjimushi

DatsRight

The problem is direction with the boosts.

Marowak and Charjabug (and likely Nagisa/Eevee) worked okay because they're a new team mate that their trainers have to bond with and find use for. All of Ash's Pokemon have had ongoing use and each one now has a rival. All of these enforced proactivity from the trainers, more character moments. Kiawe and Ash having Z Rings also made sense since they are battlers and could showcase the gimmick recurrently.

Mallow didn't really gain any development from Bounsweet evolving twice over though, and since Lana and Lillie don't battle much, the Z Rings are questionable as well.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Lana has the water starter, the new Eevee, and in Japan is very popular. I have no idea why people are shocked she's getting focus. It seems to me Lillie's role more or less ended with the Aether conclusion, and aside from her Vulpix getting some focus, the shift is going to be toward Lana for the rest of the series.
I can also think of two other reasons why Lana got Eevee instead of Ash:
  • Whenever someone from the main group gets an Eevee, it's usually one of the pokégirls
  • I think it was hinted at that Ilima will be competing in the Alola & Eevee was already established as his main partner (with the Eevenium Z)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if poipole does come back, I hope it stays this time.

if anyone complains about the size of it's evo, let's go showed that pokemon can very in size and weight, so they could easily modify it to be smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.