• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Did the writers forget Lana has a Lapras? She seemingly owned a Lapras in the very early SM eps that never appears anymore? What happened to her Lapras?
It appeared briefly in SM99, parked in the water outside Lana's house.

Vipsoccermaster

LOL, we see it for 2 seconds "parked" outside her house in a blink and you'll miss it scene. No wonder I didn't notice it.
Unrelated, but I can totally watch an entire episode without blinking. Even a movie! Ha ha.

I mean, Lapras is a very aquatic Pokemon that's pretty much locked to water, it would be difficult to use it in a lot of situations.

On a random note, what is it with all the controversial stuff happening to Lana? First, people are upset she got the Waterium-Z intead of Ash, and now this?
Yeah, I wonder about this. I get that there are people who want to see specific object go to specific people, but come on, this is just a show. Writers decide what happens, not the viewers, and not even the members of this forum! But really, it's just in their nature that they ALWAYS want to find something to complain about. It's annoying, really. Can't the members enjoy what a specific episode has to offer? Complaints will get you nowhere.

I was indifferent about what the outcome of Eevee's situation in SM99, be it that Lana catches it, Ash catches it, or Eevee stays as a class pet. But I'm very happy with the outcome we have now. Lana seriously needed a team change/update, whether or not you like Lana.

Master Pikachu 11

I believe why more people are upset with Lana getting Eevee is that not only as some said that they were pushing is Eevee a lot and they decided to give it to a character that has not done a whole lot, but they were expecting and hoping that she would catch Dewpider and even though she still can, it still feels like it could of happened a lot sooner. With that said I fully believe Ash should end up with a Kommo-o and here is why. If Torracat is not going to evolve because of Kukui’s Incineroar and unfortunately Rowlet is not going to evolve and they don’t plan on giving him a ground type then getting Kommo-o Z move is the best option because right now Ash’s team is boring and right now there is really no other Z crystal that he could use with his current team as is. Lycanroc has his own signature Z crystal as well as Pikachu when it evolves and Rowlet has Grassium and Torracat has none because Kiawe has Firium.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, so now that R.I.P. Ash catching Eevee has officially happened, what's the overall outlook on that here? ;) Are people mostly really upset that Ash didn't catch it, or are people mostly really happy that Lana finally has gotten a team change for herself/a second Pokemon? :p

I'm really happy myself that Lana caught it, and Ash didn't. Eevee has a typical drama queen like screenhogging personality as I previously said, which was even more proven in this episode. It's a typical cute and comical like Pokemon which a has very playful like personality, interacting with others all the time in some way or other, going through a lot of slapstick stuff and in the process acting playful/cute/comical all the time. These kind of Pokemon with a personality like this, as seen before in cases of Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott, tend to hog tons of screentime with their comedic and cute expressions all the time. Ash definitely didn't need a potential screenhogger like this at this point of time in his team, that definitely would've affected Rowlet and Torracat quite badly, taking away the focus and spotlight away from them which they really deserve and need now, because they have been quite underdeveloped as of now, especially Rowlet. Being an Ash Pokemon would've quite likely meant that Eevee would've gotten way screentime and focus.

Lana getting the Eevee means that Eevee's screenhogging like personality won't have that much of an opportunity of taking away spotlight from other Pokemon, since Lana doesn't get all that much focus episodes dedicated to herself. And Lana badly needed a team change and a second Pokemon, after the massive opportunity that was lost with Dewpider, she finally has gotten something worthwhile long after she got the Z-ring/Z-crystal about approximately 65 episodes ago.

So overall I'm really happy with how things turned out. :)

DatsRight

The writers didn't forget Lapras. In fact, Lana's Lapras was last seen in SM99, which recently aired in Japan.

It had a very long hiatus however, and even in the early episodes didn't exactly do a whole lot.

But who knows, maybe they were waiting for Let's Go to come along before focusing on non-Alola Pokemon. I noticed in the same episode Kiawe's Charizard is suddenly treated as one of the main Pokemon group, while in early episodes it was essentially a drone.

DatsRight

People also forget that the Team Skull trio originally had three times as many Pokemon in the first episode, plus the stout one had a Yungoos trio instead of a Garbador.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
As hard of a time I have with seeing Torrecat evolving given all the merch it's gotten lately, with how much Kakui and Incineroar seem to show up, and with how it's rivalry with Incineroar in the first place is a key to its character. If Ash's Charizard magically returns yet again, that more then seals its fate of not evolving. No way they have Charizard come back and have it get outshined by Incineroar. Look what happened with BW, Charizard returned and immediately took precedence over both Pignite and Krookodile. We might as well look at Alain's Charziard too since its status as a bonafide money maker allowed it to upstage Greninja of all Pokemon, who at the time was voted the #1 Pokemon in Japan (and might still be possibly)

DatsRight

As hard of a time I have with seeing Torrecat evolving given all the merch it's gotten lately, with how much Kakui and Incineroar seem to show up, and with how it's rivalry with Incineroar in the first place is a key to its character. If Ash's Charizard magically returns yet again, that more then seals its fate of not evolving. No way they have Charizard come back and have it get outshined by Incineroar. Look what happened with BW, Charizard returned and immediately took precedence over both Pignite and Krookodile. We might as well look at Alain's Charziard too since its status as a bonafide money maker allowed it to upstage Greninja of all Pokemon, who at the time was voted the #1 Pokemon in Japan (and might still be possibly)

Sooo, what does that mean if Kiawe brings his out of retirement?....

But yeah I can see a good chance of just keeping it a Torracat (or at least saving its evolution till the last minute like May's Blaziken). Plus there is some substance to play with this approach, since Torracat actually has a huge speed advantage over Incineroar in the games plus a Fighting move to contend with its Dark typing. Its only key weak spot right now is a lack of a Z Move and I can see them just as willing to have Torracat show off an undemonstrated one over just MORE Malicious Moonsault.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Sooo, what does that mean if Kiawe brings his out of retirement?....

it's not really his to begin with, he doesn't really use it in combat outside of ultra beast missions either.

granted I would still love to see them have a lesson on mega evolution, Ash get his Charizard out long enough to mega evolve his to X, and Kiawe use Y, but I don't know if he'd use it in standard battles since it belonged to his grandfather, and he seems to prefer using it as a ride pokemon.

kickachu

Momentai!
Funny thought what if ash save kommo o is certain doomed and joined him on poni island

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hmm, so now that R.I.P. Ash catching Eevee has officially happened, what's the overall outlook on that here? ;) Are people mostly really upset that Ash didn't catch it, or are people mostly really happy that Lana finally has gotten a team change for herself/a second Pokemon? :p
Eh, I think it's kinda split, but I think the people who are upset had this whole attitude that, hey, the writers kinda shot themselves in the foot and that they might as well screw the classmates and go all-in with Ash for the rest of the series because there's allegedly so little time left.

Also, I know a lot of people are under the assumption that Nagisa won't get any screentime because Lana is so inactive, but that is something I disagree with.

I'm really happy myself that Lana caught it, and Ash didn't. Eevee has a typical drama queen like screenhogging personality as I previously said, which was even more proven in this episode. It's a typical cute and comical like Pokemon which a has very playful like personality, interacting with others all the time in some way or other, going through a lot of slapstick stuff and in the process acting playful/cute/comical all the time. These kind of Pokemon with a personality like this, as seen before in cases of Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott, tend to hog tons of screentime with their comedic and cute expressions all the time. Ash definitely didn't need a potential screenhogger like this at this point of time in his team, that definitely would've affected Rowlet and Torracat quite badly, taking away the focus and spotlight away from them which they really deserve and need now, because they have been quite underdeveloped as of now, especially Rowlet. Being an Ash Pokemon would've quite likely meant that Eevee would've gotten way screentime and focus.

Lana getting the Eevee means that Eevee's screenhogging like personality won't have that much of an opportunity of taking away spotlight from other Pokemon, since Lana doesn't get all that much focus episodes dedicated to herself. And Lana badly needed a team change and a second Pokemon, after the massive opportunity that was lost with Dewpider, she finally has gotten something worthwhile long after she got the Z-ring/Z-crystal about approximately 65 episodes ago.
Nagisa isn't comparable to Piplup, Oshawott, or Chespin, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lana and Popplio start getting more screentime because of Nagisa. I mean, this isn't even comparable to Marowak and Charjabug. Eevee is basically a secondary mascot at this point, there's no way it's just going to be stuck in the background for the entirety of the series.

I am maybe, maybe, a little concerned Nagisa will overshadow Popplio for the sake of marketability, kind of like how Marowak has kind of overshadowed Turtonator, but given Popplio is an actual Water type and Nagisa is not, I doubt that will happen. Plus there's merchandise that's heavily suggesting Popplio is going to evolve, so it is all but guaranteed at least one more focus episode, at least.

As for Ash's team, I'm predicting Poipole and Charizard for now, but we'll see. Poipole I'm confident in. Charizard is more of a bold prediction.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I loved how they handled the Lana and Eevee episode, because they made it clear that Ash never had a chance to begin with. This is why I keep telling people to wait until something is confirmed before jumping on the bandwagon, especially in this saga. We've had it happen so many times this saga so be patient people. From Grubbin, to Dewpider, and any Mallow episode, it's pointless to get worked up and excited before the episode actually officially airs, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Anyways, I stick by my speculation that Ash will capture one more pokemon down the line that will be either already be evolved or will evolve quickly and then bring back Poipole to use in the league.

I think the next team changes will be a capture for Ash, Lillie, or Mallow.

knightwolf09

Honestly I loved how they handled the Lana and Eevee episode, because they made it clear that Ash never had a chance to begin with. This is why I keep telling people to wait until something is confirmed before jumping on the bandwagon, especially in this saga. We've had it happen so many times this saga so be patient people. From Grubbin, to Dewpider, and any Mallow episode, it's pointless to get worked up and excited before the episode actually officially airs, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Anyways, I stick by my speculation that Ash will capture one more pokemon down the line that will be either already be evolved or will evolve quickly and then bring back Poipole to use in the league.

How in the world did they make it clear Ash never had a chance? It just showed up in Alola and it got along with everybody, including Pikachu. Not to mention Eevee was in the foreground beside Ash , or how in the OP it was running towards Ash instead of Lana? Seriously, all that hype up just to give it to a side character? It's about as upsetting as it is disappointing. And this is coming from a guy that likes Lana.

Vipsoccermaster

How in the world did they make it clear Ash never had a chance? It just showed up in Alola and it got along with everybody, including Pikachu. Not to mention Eevee was in the foreground beside Ash , or how in the OP it was running towards Ash instead of Lana? Seriously, all that hype up just to give it to a side character? It's about as upsetting as it is disappointing. And this is coming from a guy that likes Lana.
It just goes to show that what you see on posters and previews should never be taken at face value. The writers and makers are doing a good job tricking you and have other secrets waiting in the actual episode.

Evanibble

Yeah man, speculating is stupid.

There were legitimate reasons to believe, up until the preview for this episode that was shown last week, that Ash could have possibly gotten Eevee. There were, also, reasons to believe that he might not. I also don't believe many people pointed to Lana as a potential owner of Eevee until the preview showed up. I believed that Ash would catch Eevee, as did a fair amount of others, and we were wrong. Personally, I'm not disappointed, because I think Lana is a decent character for the most part. I'd rather her get a game mascot like Eevee over Mallow or Sophocles.

Agreed. I think Ash will get the next capture (Hakamo-o?), and I could see Lillie either getting a capture or evolving Snowy at the end of the series. Mallow...really not sure about her. Maybe a Bulbasaur? She's the only one on the cast, at this point, that I don't think will get another capture. I think Mallow is pretty much done at this point.

p96822

Evolve me please
Well I'm getting sick and tired with Ash getting Pokemon that only belong to the region that he is in instead of expanding it from other generations. The Alola dex is pretty small and there not many Pokemon to choose from.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

I said in THIS EPISODE, they made it clear that Ash was never gonna get Eevee. I say that because Ash and Eevee never even interacted and he cheered on Lana. It wasn't a case of multiple people wanting him.

Yeah man, speculating is stupid.

There were legitimate reasons to believe, up until the preview for this episode that was shown last week, that Ash could have possibly gotten Eevee. There were, also, reasons to believe that he might not. I also don't believe many people pointed to Lana as a potential owner of Eevee until the preview showed up. I believed that Ash would catch Eevee, as did a fair amount of others, and we were wrong. Personally, I'm not disappointed, because I think Lana is a decent character for the most part. I'd rather her get a game mascot like Eevee over Mallow or Sophocles.

Agreed. I think Ash will get the next capture (Hakamo-o?), and I could see Lillie either getting a capture or evolving Snowy at the end of the series. Mallow...really not sure about her. Maybe a Bulbasaur? She's the only one on the cast, at this point, that I don't think will get another capture. I think Mallow is pretty much done at this point.

There's a difference between speculating and saying it is confirmed and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy, again, not talking about you. Multiple people attacked me and several others for simply saying that Ash getting Eevee was not confirmed and there was nothing outright hinting at it either. Eevee never directly interacted with Ash in anything.

I myself never expected Lana to get Eevee but after watching the episode and how it was handled, I'm really glad she did.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I dunno, I just looked at that scene in the opening again, and it kinda looks like its head is turned toward Lana and Popplio. Also, didn't the offical description for it on the TV Tokyo site or wherever mention it really likes the sea?

There were hints about it going to Lana, too. Just many jumped to the assumption that it was going to be Ash because of the poster, LGPE hype, and because apparently Ash needs Pokemon more than Lana.

Lana had not had a single team change throughout the entirety of the series and hasn't had a non-filler focus episode since SM40. And Ash needs a Pokemon more than she does. And don't even bring up the Alolan League, because it may not even be a 6-on-6 League, for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.