• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
yes debuting alone doesn't dictate if a pokemon will get caught. However, the more times Ash comes across a pokemon and doesn't show interest in said pokemon, it would be akward for him to suddenly take interest in it and catch it.
That has happened before, but I can't think of an example.

BR4VE

Omega Ruby Base on Route 118, Right Side Beach
Pikachu, Rowlet and she said that she doesnt want that flop dragon Pokémon to evolve so that would be 3.

Also, stop quoting me.
(MEOWTH that's right!) Now stop quoting each other or, else Rocket will just take your Pokemon
(For the people reading this, I BR4VE am a third party in this quarrel and chimed in for a pun.)

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

First, Mina does use a Ribombee in the games. It's practically her ace. Also, Pokemon debuting already does not mean that they can't be caught.
Difference here is that said Pokémon has appeared for multiple episodes already and if he hasn’t caught it now, then he isn’t going to catch it. There are still other Pokémon that need to be seen by him and also need their own focus episode, now you may really like the Cutiefly line and even want him to catch it, but the fact that it has appeared in multiple episodes with Ash not having any intention or interest in catching one has be believe that he will not catch no matter how much you want him too.

World Turtle

Going by how they've handled his team so far...

Rowlet took part in the Melemele and Akala Trials (and got Grass-Z), he also learned Razor Leaf during the Ula’Ula arc. He also has a rivalry with Hau’s Dartrix.

Lycanroc got the Akala and Ula’Ula Grand Trials (getting Rock-Z and Lycanroc-Z).
He also has a rivalry with Gladion’s Lycanroc.

Torracat got the Battle Royal Dome and a rivalry with Royal Mask’s Incineroar. Might conclude with him evolving and being given an Incineroar-Z. He also fought in the Grass Trial.

The potential plot routes for the last capture (or captures if Poipole doesn't come back):

First, there is the capture that gets the Poni Trials (so Jangmo-o, Mudbray, Sandygast if the remaining Z-Crystals are a factor in the type of the next capture).

Secondly, if Poipole comes back he’ll be the “Doesn’t do anything of note till the league” guy like Glalie (evolving fighting against TR doesn’t count) and Gible. The former lost his only gym battle and the latter didn’t do any gym battles. They didn't shine till the league.
If not maybe Ash will catch something else that’ll get the league to score a few wins.

If they start a Team Skull arc maybe they’ll give Ash a Wimpod/Golisopod to rival Guzma’s since all the others have rivals with other members of their line (and are game characters).

BTW, my thoughts on the emotional episode is that Team Skull will successfully steal Eevee or Popplio from Lana (after the group fights really hard to get them back only to fail) leading to a rescue mission going to Po Town.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Difference here is that said Pokémon has appeared for multiple episodes already and if he hasn’t caught it now, then he isn’t going to catch it. There are still other Pokémon that need to be seen by him and also need their own focus episode, now you may really like the Cutiefly line and even want him to catch it, but the fact that it has appeared in multiple episodes with Ash not having any intention or interest in catching one has be believe that he will not catch no matter how much you want him too.
There isn't that many Pokemon to be seen at this point. It's just Vikavolt, Golisopod, Sensu Oricorio, Kartana, Pheromosa, Meltan, and Melmetal.

Master Pikachu 11

There isn't that many Pokemon to be seen at this point. It's just Vikavolt, Golisopod, Sensu Oricorio, Kartana, Pheromosa, Meltan, and Melmetal.
Araquanid only had a brief cameo and was not seen by any of the gang, the jangmo-o line also appeared but were not seen by Ash, so they need to be seen as well. So there is no need to give another pointless episode to a Pokémon line that has been seen multiple times and already have interacted with Ash and the rest of the cast already.

World Turtle

Araquanid only had a brief cameo and was not seen by any of the gang, the jangmo-o line also appeared but were not seen by Ash, so they need to be seen as well. So there is no need to give another pointless episode to a Pokémon line that has been seen multiple times and already have interacted with Ash and the rest of the cast already.

Why does it matter if Ash sees a pokemon or not? Shouldn't it be us the audience seeing the pokemon that matters?

Leonhart

Imagineer
playerking said:
Unfortunately, I kind of think she'll evolve to a Vaporeon, maybe near the end of the series, or in . a future series. I don't really like its design, but it is the Water-type Eeveelution. It could always just remain as the sea loving Eevee and have a Water-type move or two, but Vaporeon would really help show off how much it loves the water, if that makes sense.

I do think it'll evolve as well, just not anytime soon since Eievui is more important now as a mascot, so it staying un-evolved for now is beneficial as a LG: P/E tie-in.

kickachu

Momentai!
I do think it'll evolve as well, just not anytime soon since Eievui is more important now as a mascot, so it staying un-evolved for now is beneficial as a LG: P/E tie-in.
So think eevee will evolve sometime in 2019?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Why does it matter if Ash sees a pokemon or not? Shouldn't it be us the audience seeing the pokemon that matters?

Araquanid doesn't really matter that much, it'll probably end up on Guzma's team now in place of Ariados

But he hasn't seen an entire line of a Pokemon. Jangmo-o's

Master Pikachu 11

Because he is the main character and the one that actually interacts with the Pokémon plus he even mentioned at the the end of BW that he wanted to meet every new Pokémon. The jangmo-o line only appeared as an obstacle and nothing more. Also it’s through him and Rotom that help explain more about the Pokémon for the young viewers to know. It doesn’t matter if we already know about these Pokémon because even though we know about them that still doesn’t stop them from saying the Pokédex entries to other well known Pokémon in series past.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

if ash runs across a pokemon and does not show interest in wanting to get it, why should he do so at a later time?

Considering Cutiefly isn't exactly rare, what has stopped Ash from getting it already if he was meant to have one? And no you can not use the trials an excuse, because currently Torracat doesn't have a Z-move to call it's own either.

D

Deleted member 384931

Remember that the Ash almost saw every pokémon in Alola except some UBs or am I wrong?

ShadowForce720

Remember that the Ash almost saw every pokémon in Alola except some UBs or am I wrong?

In terms of pokemon in Alola, he hasn't scene these pokemon yet:
Pokemon in Alola that Ash hasn't seen yet:
The entire Jangmo-o line
Alolan Sandslash
Araquanid
Vikavolt
Oricorio(Sensu Style)
Golisopod
Pheromosa
Kartana
Meltan
Melmetal
Marshadow( well this one is debatable as if I recall he saw an unclear image of it in the Rotom Pokedex when the Wash Rotom was in the Pokedex, but then it deleted the photo before Ash could find out what pokemon was.)

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The entire Jangmo-o line
Alolan Sandslash
Araquanid
Vikavolt
Oricorio(Sensu Style)
Golisopod
Pheromosa
Kartana
Meltan
Melmetal
Marshadow( well this one is debatable as if I recall he saw an unclear image of it in the Rotom Pokedex when the Wash Rotom was in the Pokedex, but then it deleted the photo before Ash could find out what pokemon was.)
Well he might have seen that one Trainer's Jangmo-o in SM092, but there was too much going on to care about knowing what kind of Pokemon it was.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
The entire Jangmo-o line
Alolan Sandslash
Araquanid
Vikavolt
Oricorio(Sensu Style)
Golisopod
Pheromosa
Kartana
Meltan
Melmetal

Was Ash there when Lillie saw the giant Alolan Sandslash? I might be remembering wrong

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I wonder about something.

I'm thinking about that emotional episode. With the recent title reveal, it can't be Ash and Jangmo-o because that episode probably won't happen until around March (?) according to Dephender, and not counting breaks, there are still at least six episodes unaccounted for between now and the beginning of March. And I just can't see them dragging out Poni for that long.

However, Poni Island research projects also seem like a golden opportunity to bring back the Seafolk for an episode, which is a golden opportunity to evolve Popplio. But since I don't expect Poni Island to last until March at the minimum, as I said, then that kinda reduces the chances of that emotional episode being Popplio's evolution.

Since it's most likely not Ash and Janngmo-o unless there's a break or two between now and then and the emotional episode is like the very first episode of March, and there's a very good chance Lana will have Brionne by then... what the hell is going on in this episode then??

D

Deleted member 384931

Asuming that Poni Island takes about 10 episodes, what will be left since the league will take max 8 episodes?

Red and Blue

I wonder about something.

I'm thinking about that emotional episode. With the recent title reveal, it can't be Ash and Jangmo-o because that episode probably won't happen until around March (?) according to Dephender, and not counting breaks, there are still at least six episodes unaccounted for between now and the beginning of March. And I just can't see them dragging out Poni for that long.

However, Poni Island research projects also seem like a golden opportunity to bring back the Seafolk for an episode, which is a golden opportunity to evolve Popplio. But since I don't expect Poni Island to last until March at the minimum, as I said, then that kinda reduces the chances of that emotional episode being Popplio's evolution.

Since it's most likely not Ash and Janngmo-o unless there's a break or two between now and then and the emotional episode is like the very first episode of March, and there's a very good chance Lana will have Brionne by then... what the hell is going on in this episode then??

Actually six episodes spent on Poni is entirely plausible. Aside from the Seafolk there is still a bunch that could occupy that amount of time. Ash could lose the first time to Hapu and train for a few episodes. Not to mention totem Kommo-O and Ribombee.

Status
Not open for further replies.