• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Personally, I never understood why some viewers want Satoshi to own Gaogaen so badly, especially this late in the series. Assuming his Nyaheat does evolve, we have less than a year to see Gaogaen on Satoshi's team since SM will likely end in October. Having Gaogaen around for less than ten months just seems somewhat pointless to me.

Infernape and Torterra had literally a couple of months before being Oak’d.

DavidD001

So now Sophocles & Lana got updates.
-Sophocles's Charjabug evolved into Vikavolt.
-Lana's Popplio evolved into Brionne & Lana was gifted a Primarium Z.

The fact that Lana got Primarina's Z Crystal pretty much says that Brionne will evolve into in the future.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
With this, I'm still holding on to my awful theory that the classmates are receiving last minute power ups to compete in the league. I'm expecting Kukui to combine school graduation with the league this time, so I can see everyone participating somehow. So expect Brionne to evolve into Primarina in mighty quick time, and Snowy to probably evolve as well and master Subzero Slammer as well. Mallow and Lillie might get second Pokémon as well. So we might have the six classmates, plus Gladion, Hau, and maybe Illima and Royal Mask as the final challenger. Initial matches might be 1 vs 1 (even Unova had it), and the later rounds might be 3 vs 3 or even 4 vs 4, but I'm finding it hard to see a 6 vs 6 battle taking place.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
So Lana is definitely getting primarina. I still think Ash is getting incinaroar. Hau will have decidueye. So that covers the starter z-moves.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So Lana is definitely getting primarina. I still think Ash is getting incinaroar. Hau will have decidueye. So that covers the starter z-moves.

Well Kukui's Incineroar has already shown off Malicious Moonsault quite a few times already, so by right, it's not really necessary for Ash's Torracat to evolve for that particular reason.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So lana who hasn't done a squat not only got a new capture which even the main girl of this region hasn't gotten but also have a fully evolved starter something that ash probably wont be having and undeservedly even its own z crystal even though she hardly did anything with previous z crystal. What's next she will compete in the league and even wins it.

And then we have poor Ash who didnt get anything in the past 20 episodes.

20? He hasn't gotten a new capture since episode 21 or around 65 if you count poiople. He needs a new capture asap and one evolution as well.

Yeah sure people can say he has gone mature if he has interest in other aspects other than battling which is indeed a character development, but if he shows little interest in battling that will be totally opposite of his character shown in 20+ years because this series he hasn't shown interest in caching pokemon nor in completing trials until he in that region and someone metions to it, even BW ash (the worst version of ash) was far more serious about his dreams. I guess writers seriously are counting his time in alola as vacation

Last edited:

DatsRight

So lana who hasn't done a squat not only got a new capture which even the main girl of this region hasn't gotten but also have a fully evolved starter something that ash probably wont be having and undeservedly even its own z crystal even though she hardly did anything with previous z crystal. What's next she will compete in the league and even wins it.

The sad thing is, given Ash's luck this series, I could see them actually doing that. Plus you know, last series' attempt to make a 'dream crusher' the fans would accept failed miserably, why not try upgrading that into an actual main character this time?

I suppose it would make sense if they played on that thematically; that sometimes the person who works hardest isn't the guy who wins, but it would still kinda feel like a flimsy excuse for barely developing a companion. I mean, I think even Team Rocket, in spite of their demotion, have been taking more steps than Mallow and Lana have.

Last edited:

DavidD001

Well going from the preview for next episode....Kiawe is getting some development as is his Charizard which is shown battling and using 'Slash' against Tapu Lele. Even though Charizard is being mainly used as a Ride Pokemon, it is counted as part of Kiawe's battling team.
Then the episode after that...I assume that Torracat is likely gonna be used as it is shown out of its pokeball during the next episode so I see some Torracat development happening at the ruins.

Kintaro

Banned
My guess for Ash is they'll have Poipole return and then rush a 6th capture on him. Obviously there's no time for 2 brand new captures.

I'm also staying with my prediction that Lillie's team won't change at all till the last few eps of SM.

Lightning Bolt

Do you really think there's a main girl in this season?? Aside from the Aether Arc and the Icium Z, Lillie barely has done something. Lana not only got the Z Ring and the Water Crystal, but now she also got the Primarina Z, getting a second Crystal when Mallow and Soph hasn't gotten none. Heck even Kiawe who was the first Z ring user shown in the anime doesn't have a second Crystal. It's pretty obvious Lana is someone's favorite in the staff...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's pretty obvious Lana is someone's favorite in the staff...

The term writer's pet fits nicely here

The other classmates are pretty much being forgotten about development wise, Soph is certainly done.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Do you really think there's a main girl in this season?? Aside from the Aether Arc and the Icium Z, Lillie barely has done something. Lana not only got the Z Ring and the Water Crystal, but now she also got the Primarina Z, getting a second Crystal when Mallow and Soph hasn't gotten none. Heck even Kiawe who was the first Z ring user shown in the anime doesn't have a second Crystal. It's pretty obvious Lana is someone's favorite in the staff...

Yeah that is true she hasn't done much after aether arc and icium z but since lillie was one of the character which was shown in new year's preview and only one out of SM cast i thought they are considering her the main girl over lana and mallow, not to mention her link with aether foundation and gladion (ash's main rival in this region) could make her important character in this series nd give her more limelight. As for lana she got z crystal and then she used it only handfull of times making her z ring and crystal pretty useless and now she is getting fully evolved starter and its own special z crystal even when she do not exactly need it over ash who is not even confirmed to have a fully evolved starter and he needs it against strong opponents like gladion or other league rivals who will come up with fully evolved pokemon. Its pretty obvious she is being handed down everything in the plate. Someone definitely looks to be favouring her over others.

DatsRight

I don't really feel much investment for Lana, she lacks much of an agenda or agency, or even anything along the lines of personality flaws, leaving very little for a character arc. Her episodes are just kind of random and often don't even involve her own character that much. Even in terms of comedy, she only supplies the odd weak gag, otherwise reduced to background character status with Mallow (whose even WORSE). The other three aren't that well limelighted either but they can at least work with their roles in many episodes and have good chemistry with Ash. All three also have pathos, they may struggle to compete with Ash's clowning and appalling luck, but they are fallible too and at least don't just stand there Joe Besser-ing EVERY time there's slapstick and antic plots. They feel like proper characters you are meant to care about.

She isn't bad mechanics for a character altogether, but she is one for a MAIN character, one we are meant to be invested in. I feel like Lana and Mallow should have been semi-recurrers with Kiawe, Sophocles and Lillie getting more limelight to themselves. They're just not remotely developed or sympathetic enough to be protagonists.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't really feel much investment for Lana, she lacks much of an agenda or agency, or even anything along the lines of personality flaws. Her episodes are just kind of random and often don't even involve her own character that much. Even in terms of comedy, she only supplies the odd weak gag, otherwise reduced to background character status with Mallow (whose even WORSE). The other three aren't that well limelighted either but they can at least work with their roles in many episodes and have good chemistry with Ash. All three also have pathos, they may struggle to compete with Ash's appalling luck, but they are fallible too and at least don't just stand there Joe Besser-ing EVERY time there's slapstick and antic plots. They feel like proper characters you are meant to care about.

She isn't bad mechanics for a character altogether, but she is one for a MAIN character, one we are meant to be invested in. I feel like Lana and Mallow should have been semi-recurrers with Kiawe, Sophocles and Lillie getting more limelight to themselves. They're just not remotely developed or sympathetic enough to be protagonists.

Not to mention Primarina(If it even happens) doesn't feel deserved or earned. Especially with how little there is left for the series. Eevee is already most certainly going to evolve into Vaporeon, so no need for another team change overdose while Kiawe, James, Mallow, and Ash get ignored.

It'll really suck if Mallow goes the entire series without catching anything. -.-

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Not to mention Primarina(If it even happens) doesn't feel deserved or earned. Especially with how little there is left for the series. Eevee is already most certainly going to evolve into Vaporeon, so no need for another team change overdose while Kiawe, James, Mallow, and Ash get ignored.

It'll really suck if Mallow goes the entire series without catching anything. -.-

Her popplio was just like tsareena, lacked both personality as well as spotlight and both of them will be evolving over other pokemon who did much more than them, even charagabug was more helpful as a battery, now i am skeptic about torracat's evolution.

DatsRight

Her popplio was just like tsareena, lacked both personality as well as spotlight and both of them will be evolving over other pokemon who did much more than them, even charagabug was more helpful as a battery, now i am skeptic about torracat's evolution.

Well, they at least put in token moments of effort for Torracat like the Battle Royal episodes. They were also sly enough to put in loads of tidbits of Litten training and battling beforehand to show there WAS some effort and grinding involved (not to mention to just maintain some personality for the little guy). Remember Rowlet got a limelight episode after it seemed like the writers forgotten about it and, divisive breakthrough aside, it was reasonably handled and shown trainer and Pokemon off well. They care about Ash.

With Lana and Mallow you can tell they're just being rushed over, they have nothing for them to do to earn their way to the top, in fact they don't have a specific 'top' for them in the first place, what actually are they aiming for with their boosts??? They really just feel phoned in because the creative team felt there had to be as many girls as boys.

The only thing that's leaving me maintaining curiosity with Lana is Eevee, after all that build up, surely they have SOMETHING planned for it, unless that was the whole plan and they were trying to make their lesser developed character's one change up seem more important than it really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.